Herborizer corner

Vapodudule

Ok folks the Ti system won the vape race at my station. I have the XL but it will be used only to vape 2g at a time, so rarely...

I already broke the enail glass by forced then free flight to the ground.

in both config, the system is still very light, is heating very fast and punching very hard. Maintenance is a joke, you throw the glass parts in regular glass bath, wiping the flat inner base of heater with ISO was the hardest move.

In vape mode, i use it at a very high temperature of 7 for vape but i compensate with big airflow at the beginning to reduce temperature of air and reducing along the load to get all the goods out. ABV is dark brown. I let it heat with the bowl for 5 min max.

You can actually see the extraction going on and this feature is tremendous.

At last for now, i abandoned all double deckers intentions as the enail mode is just awesome for black residues management and avoiding any Qtip involved. The heater has 4 grooves, you turn it 4 times for 4 different errl, then you can raise the temp up at 10 and burn the residue down in 5 min. A red Cherry Glowing in the dark at 10! When cold, you can wipe the ashes from the grooves with your fingers directly.

Shall i precise that the grooves could be wicking the big globs correctly? (if you manage to deliver in it)

The thermal inertia is so small for the 12V/36W heater to be very responsive.

to compare with sublimator is genuine because of the raw power, results and danger of hot things they both have. The Ti system to be lighter, faster, cheaper, repeatable, safer and less finnicky in use and maintenance. The sublimator winning on durability of raw materials as the glass breaking ability through time for the Ti system.

biohacker

Hey @Vapodudule Nice writeup and thanks! :tup:

I have the XL but it will be used only to vape 2g at a time, so rarely...

2 grams???? Whhhhhaaaaat? I would have figured maybe around 1/2g would fit in that bowl, but 2g? I don't even think the S&B Plenty could hold that much, but the XL is a massive bowl....but 2g really? Crazy! Would imagine a hit from that would be flavour country X 1000000000000!!!!

You can actually see the extraction going on and this feature is tremendous.

Yes! I miss this from the Vriptech.... watching your flowers melt down is something that is just simply awesome.

For any Canadians interested in Herborizer stuff, do not go to their official distributor "Higher Society Glass"! I am already in conversation with Sebastien about it, but after speaking with the owner for 20 minutes, I quickly realized that this store should NOT be selling Herborizer products. I won't get into details, but basically they were lying and slamming Herborizer and their glass (shocking, considering they sell expensive high end glass). And complained about the Herbo Ti (enail) and think the XL is better, blah blah.... caught him in so many lies...

@stickstones like the MV you should be the official distributor for North America bro!

Carlos8400

I have been using mine today and i like it a lot.
It takes a bit of time getting used to, at first the experience is a bit fiddly and i managed to burn myself a couple times, but i am sure it's just a question of habit.
There is quite a learning curve to get what you want out of it.
For example you could pack your bowl, put the injector on it, set it on 5 or 6, wait 3 or 4 minutes, and get a smooth super tasty lowish heat conduction vapor, and as the glass heats up over the next few minutes your vapor will get thicker.
Or you could heat the nail on a stand on 10 for 5 minutes, and then drop it to 7 or 8 and put it on a cool bowl and get a massive convection hit, giant clouds and literally vape an entire bowl in 2 hits!

It definitely hits harder than my mighty which was my main vape until now, but is probably a bit harder to use and a bit less convenient.
To me this really is the equivalent of a massive bong hit with a vape, and i love it.
It is the closest i have been to experiencing vapor that feels like smoke without being smoke and without combustion. It can be so thick, dense and heavy, with an oily mouth feel, it feels great.
As a recent switcher from combustion, most vapes left me feeling like i was having the diet version of what i used to... Not this beast!
I have tried to pack a small bowl and i have to say it didn't perform as well as it did with a larger load.
But it might just be me, i am by no means a micro doser and need quite a hit to get there.

The packaging was nice, a bit spartan, no instruction, no literature, just the kit neatly wrapped in brown paper bags and bubble wrap. The quality of the nail and the glass bowls and injector is really good. Very nicely fitting joints.

The one negative i would give is that the temperature controller feels a bit cheap. It's a thin and light plastic box, with a cheap plastic knob. Considering the quality of the Titanium and the glass and the fact that this unit could be left in plain sight and be used for years, i would prefer to have something nicer looking and of better build quality. It wouldn't cost much to have a lightweight metal enclosure, a quality pot and a nice looking metal/aluminium knob on there. Something closer to the built quality of a guitar pedal maybe?
Likewise the cable is one of these cheap pvc coated cable that always looks kinked. It would be awesome if it was cloth wrapped, or silicone, something that looks a bit nicer.
These are small niggles though, it is good, but it could be better.

Its definitely already my no 1 after a day, i will experiment some more and see how i feel after a couple weeks and after using it on different glass and with both size joints.
If the quality is as good as it looks, and it is problem free, this could easily be the end of the road for me as far a home vapes go.

Edit: One thing worth mentioning, is that the controller isn't a thermostat, it only controls the power sent to the resistance.

Last edited:

rodders83

@Carlos8400 The cheap plastic knob will seize, Its the Mighty power button scenario again! I now decided to put mine on a surge protector find one temp (6) and turn it off and on at the mains only? Thoughts people?

rodders83,

Carlos8400

@Carlos8400 The cheap plastic knob will seize, Its the Mighty power button scenario again! I now decided to put mine on a surge protector find one temp (6) and turn it off and on at the mains only? Thoughts people?

Do you speak from direct experience?
Honestly i don't see it seizing, and this is such a simple box i don't know what could fail, it's a potentiometer, a led and two wires. It's basically a big adjustable soldering iron, nothing very high tech.

It's just from a user perspective the tactile experience of the controller could be better.

It's more Mighty than GH or IQ if you see what i mean.

Alexis

Hey @Vapodudule Nice writeup and thanks! :tup:

2 grams???? Whhhhhaaaaat? I would have figured maybe around 1/2g would fit in that bowl, but 2g? I don't even think the S&B Plenty could hold that much, but the XL is a massive bowl....but 2g really? Crazy! Would imagine a hit from that would be flavour country X 1000000000000!!!!

I have to agree that 2 grams seems somewhat impossible. Im not saying for one second @Vapodudule that you are lying, but I really cant see how you can possibly load 2 grams of weed into the XL or basic bowl.

Here is a load of Dutch Passion Think Different I just prepared. It weighs 0.38 grams.

As you can see, it is half way to the injector. I have never even tried to load a gram in there, but going by years of experience and a good intuition, 0.7 grams is about the max without your weed being pushed right up against the injector.

Just clarifying this for the masses, not meaning to disagree or anything.
Going to tuck into the Think Different now, on setting 7. It will give huge clouds without needing to go higher. I will probably only need half of this load tonight, its late and my first load of the day, so very economical and I will surely be very wasted! :)

lazylathe

Almost there...
@Alexis

Can you measure the outside diameter of your bowl?
It appears to be smaller than my Roor and i would love to compare!

The outside diameter of my bowl is 30mm.
I can fit a lot of herb in my bowl! It can be very intense! Always satisfying!

lazylathe,

Vapodudule

I prefer to let the Ti system soak in heat 5 min with the setting i wan't with the bowl attached on a footbase.

@Alexis May be 2g is a bit much but first you can tamp down (your load seems untamped) with a tool a put more, secondly, my bowl seems taller/bigger than yours. I am pretty sure above 1g can fit by tamping hard in a XL.

I tell this figure because i remember one time we measured 2g, grinded and loaded, tamped as much we could, very few left in the grinder in my mind. May be 1.5g could have been in that bowl...

The consequences were that i could mix up the experience when we did the same with a verdamper but there were 2g at least for sure in that verdamper.

biohacker

I am pretty sure above 1g can fit by tamping hard in a XL.

I don't even understand how this vape would even work by tamping hard. Would it not completely restrict airflow? Regardless, all good...2g, 1.5g whatever.... we all know it's hard to eyeball when you're under the influence of the Herbo!

biohacker,

Alexis

I just wish they still sold the "non XL version" sphere!

They still stock the smaller 500ml sphere bubbler on Verdampfthnochmal:
https://verdampftnochmal.de/products/en/Herborizer-Basic-Sphere-Body

Can you measure the outside diameter of your bowl?
It appears to be smaller than my Roor and i would love to compare!

The outside diameter of my bowl is 30mm.
I can fit a lot of herb in my bowl! It can be very intense! Always satisfying!

Certainly. I'll be right back.....
Okay, its hard to measure exact as there is a slight optical illusion, but it is about 3 cm, but I suspect a few mm less, it is just hard to tell for sure. I can take an outside circumference reading with the paper tape measure later (I have fired it up now to finish last nights load so it is hot).

My friend also has the XL, and his bowl is identical in size to mine. I cant believe there would be any variation between diff bowls and their sizes. I think in my photo it may just look smaller. Different cameras/tablets etc can give a somewhat unnatural image of things, like widescreen tv.

I could never get my head around that. Some tv boxes will still broadcats in old format, and will look heavily distorted on a widescreen tv, and normal when you set the screen size to "4:3".

And the exact same channel/programme, at the same time, on a different tv box, that broadcasts in widescreen, it will look normal in widescreen mode, and really compressed and distorted if you set screen size to 4:3.

It doesnt make sense. Things are clearly being displayed in a distorted format.
I am sure my tablet doesnt display the image exactly as in real life, proportion wise.

@Alexis May be 2g is a bit much but first you can tamp down (your load seems untamped) with a tool a put more, secondly, my bowl seems taller/bigger than yours. I am pretty sure above 1g can fit by tamping hard in a XL.

I tell this figure because i remember one time we measured 2g, grinded and loaded, tamped as much we could, very few left in the grinder in my mind. May be 1.5g could have been in that bowl...

The consequences were that i could mix up the experience when we did the same with a verdamper but there were 2g at least for sure in that verdamper.

Thanks for elaborating. I was sure you had good reason to say that, I just thought 2 whole grams is physically impossible, unless it is very wet, or that compressed weed stuff.

Al weed varies in size for weight. My weed is UK outdoor, and quite leafy. Its also at 62% humidity in jars, so it isnt at all brittle and leafy and doesnt grind too fine.
But Im sure if you get some real dusty weed you will get a lot more in there, like the 1.5 grams you may have fitted.

But as Biohacker suggested and you agreed, tamping is counteractive.

Carlos8400

I just ordered a second one....

I live in between two countries, don't want to carry things like that across borders, and after 24h i already know i don't want to use anything else, it is that good.

Seriously, do it, you won't regret it.
My IQ and Mighty have been cleaned and packed away, not sure when they will see the light again.

Alexis

I just ordered a second one....

I live in between two countries, don't want to carry things like that across borders, and after 24h i already know i don't want to use anything else, it is that good.

Seriously, do it, you won't regret it.
My IQ and Mighty have been cleaned and packed away, not sure when they will see the light again.
Believe me I really want to! I have a pristine Supreme 3 to sell still, plus a tip top Aromed, trouble is my winter ilnesses and fatigue condition make anything except basic essentials impossible.

So the simple task of photoing, classifying, and then, actually packing and walking to post office...

Its all too much! So when my energy eventually picks up, I will make it all happen and then decide on my next vape to replace the xl.

I REALLY REALLY hope my firend Dave gets one first for me to try. If I can make it work with my allergies, then I may not need to consider the VHW for now.

Edit. The Ti for Dave to acquire I meant.

Alexis

Are many of you new Ti owners hitting it through a largish bong? If so is it easy to milk the piece? Without it being difficult with a lot of effort with inhalation/time to prime the hit?

Im just curious really, nobody needs to answer. I really want a rig where I can hit a larger bong and get easy, large hits, on moderate temp. I kind of expect the Ti will work very well here.

Also curious about load size preferences. Is 0.3 ish your max ideal load? Or more like 0.2/25?
If so, it seems ideal load size is very similar to the VHW.

Last edited:
Alexis,

Carlos8400

Just for science i took a rip from my biggest bong.
On 6, let the bowl and injector warm up for 5 minutes, loaded the warm bowl to the middle of the handle.
No real priming, vapor is almost instantaneous, killed the bowl in 2 large hits.
Honestly it felt like i was hitting it with a lighter but without the camp fire taste.
It even set the fire alarm off and scared the crap out of me, no combustion just super thick vapor. I didn't even know vapor could set off fire alarms!

Load size wise, i have no idea, but i am definitely a heavy loader.

Here is the bong i used, it is 17.5" tall:

http://differentweed.com/wp-content...4-Arm-Showerhead-Disc-Perc-Bong-HVY-Glass.jpg

Last edited:

Alexis

Just for science i took a rip from my biggest bong.
On 6, let the bowl and injector warm up for 5 minutes, loaded the warm bowl to the middle of the handle.
No real priming, vapor is almost instantaneous, killed the bowl in 2 large hits.
Honestly it felt like i was hitting it with a lighter but without the camp fire taste.
It even set the fire alarm off and scared the crap out of me, no combustion just super thick vapor. I didn't even know vapor could set off fire alarms!

Load size wise, i have no idea, but i am definitely a heavy loader.

Here is the bong i used, it is 17.5" tall:

http://differentweed.com/wp-content...4-Arm-Showerhead-Disc-Perc-Bong-HVY-Glass.jpg
Thanks man really appreciate you medicating "out of your way"!:tup:

From what you describe, you should still be able to take huge bong rips on setting 5 even, and perhaps even without getting the fire department involved.:lol:

Im looking at bongs on dhgate, but its hard until I even have a better idea which vape I will want to get.
The herborizers really need a horizontal intake for the bowl, while the VHW really doesnt matter.

Alexis,
Reactions: Joaon

Alexis

Whoops too late to edit my post above.
I meant the herborizers need a "vertical" intake for the bowl, not horizontal doah.
You see how thick I can be at times!

Just hitting my first vapor today in the XL. I got my XL 2 years ago, but it wasnt until last summer that I discovered the injector was faulty, after I tried my friend Dave's model.

Verdampftnochmal replaced it for me, so I got fully acqauinted with it while it was never really itself, and since August I have been trying to unlearn those first impressions of general disappointment.

So Im just giving the XL a final bit of love here on the forum, before it becomes but a memory!
It does hit well. I keep to setting 7 maximum for my respiratory problem's sake, and it does extract slowly, requiring a biggish load for big hits, and NEVER extracts completely on that setting.

Unlike the vapcaps, which extract completely with ease.
One big bonus of the Herbo's incomplete extraction is that the abv has a lot of active left, and is well worth cooking into coconut oil, already decarbed of course. Check it out:

I have saved this since August. I dont vape as much as a lot of you, between 0.3 and 0.5 grams a day. But there must be well over an ounce worth of weed made that abv tin, maybe a lot more.
Its getting dark here, but in light there is loads of green and colour still in it. Well worth cooking!

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I used mine with an angle intake without issue... at least for flowers, could be more problematic with the enail though...

Alexis

I used mine with an angle intake without issue... at least for flowers, could be more problematic with the enail though...
Thanks for the info. I guess it may be less of an issue with the Ti maybe anyway.

The xl vowl is bigger, and the injector kay be less secure at that angle.
Plus I bet you could rotate the Ti bit going to the wire, so it is even less bottom heavy.

Alexis,

biohacker

@lazylathe just left after an epic Herbo XL session with the RooR bubbler! Bowl loaded up to the injector (but with a screen raised above the notches), temp on 9.....BOOM!!!! Pretty insane flavour on the first hit, although it kinda burned my throat (expected at that temp), it didn't make me cough at all, and exhaled a crazy nice cloud! Next hit was complete whitewall and taste wasn't that great as you could visibly see the biomass go brown, but it wasn't horrible either and the cloud was just ridiculously massive! Pretty sick session amongst the rest..... I think the Herbo Ti is going to be sweeeeet!

Alexis

Here is my load I am just tucking into now:

Not quite to the injector but a good half gram I reckon, a White Widow and Durban Poison cocktail. Its only outdoor Uk autos, but its some good shit I tell you, for what it is.
Much stronger than it looks and smells. All organic sunshine weed, it really has a consciousness effect that is hard to quantify.

Carlos8400

How many hits does it take to turn a load like this brown with the XL?
With the Ti a bowl like this goes in 1 or 2 hits.
First hit already turns it brown, i usually stir and then hit it a second time until all vapor production stops.
With all my other vapes it takes so long to extract, and the final extraction phase takes ages ramping up the temp slowly. With this thing my second hit literally sucks all vapor out of the herbs.

Also, i think my avb is similar to yours on setting 5. on 6 or 6.5 which i prefer it is definitely darker than what is shown in your box.

Top Bottom