Discontinued herbalAire

Tommy10

Was around at my sisters just before lent her and her boyfriend the HA the other day, they would typically smoke a joint or two and be nice... They are 10/10 amazed at the HA! Went around before to drop off the solo stem and a whip as they said it was a bit hot directly off the Teflon.

biohacker

I tried the white plastic straw and much prefer it to a whip! It can be a bit warm so it's only for low temp vaping for me. Perhaps a glass mouthpiece like VXL would work well?

I tried using a Solo stem with pretty much zero success. Using it inverted on the Solo gong though works like a charm. Not sure why the difference? I even used max temp with the curved solo stem fully loaded, and just was rewarded with thin wispy clouds....ended up dumping the load into my gong and it vaped up great.

Amoreena

Grown up Flower Child
I tried the white plastic straw and much prefer it to a whip! ...
I used it with the plastic straw for over a year. Had one of my lung lobes removed in 2010 and don't have good enough pull to use whips.

Anyhow, a month or so back gave up the straw and have been happier with the standard MP alone. Somehow the heat isn't bothering me. :2c:

biohacker

Havnt tried it in a bent solo stem however the small air stems with the black plastic tip works a treat.

Damn, that has to be a hot experience? Those black tips get hot too! I may have to give it another shot, because a curved solo stem and black tip air stem have identical bowls. I have the air stem too so i'll go test it out!

Just did another .1 or less with the solo gong and shake. I tamped it down (using a screen, u shape) and the airflow was only so-so because it's a powder. This time max temp and my Weedstar piece milked up very nicely. Effects are very quick with this one and my absolutely horrible 2-3hrs of sleep is actually now tolerable!

Tommy10

I use a bit of food grade silicone over the black tip! Yea .1 with a basket screen is so much fun in the HA! I like that with the same stem, what was a slow sip in the solo can be a few quick rips in the HA

Tommy10

Ohhhh cheeeers! Shoulda just got that instead of a hydro tube and a bubbler. I'll see how good the knock off PPWT goes if I love it I'll be getting a big one for sure! You think you'll try one? Or go something a bit nicer.

Don't like the first one much, but I think I'll end up with exactly that second one soon. That's more what I was looking for, never clicked in on the photos properly assumed it was a bubbler on an attached stand :/ haha.

biohacker

I have lots of experience with hydratubes in recent years with the vapexhale cloud, i've tried maybe 6 of them so far including @lazylathe monster Swagger LE which is like the hA of HT's IMO! I don't like the smaller PWT because i can't stand any splashing in my mouth, and really miss the old school days of Evolver HT's, both straight neck and bent neck....even stoneglassworks, and vxl in house would make straight tubes, and now all I see are these crappy little volume sidecar pieces that are still super expensive.

I think there are some pinnacle bigger tubes but super expensive too, although they had a killer sale a while back. Guess i'll just have to be patient and keep an eye out.

biohacker

The VXL can deliver some serious clouds, and I used to be a really big cloud chaser in my previous life but it also completely ripped apart my lungs because the vapour was so damn hot at upper temps. I've been able to get even bigger clouds with the HA due to being able to load more, and you can load dense in the HA (not so with vxl) which results in impressive visuals. These days i'm looking more for comfort, health, and full absorption for maximal effect and efficiency. The HA definitely brings it! And at a fraction of the cost of the vxl, and the taste is just as good if not better IMO.

Oh yeah Tommy, about the Solo gong...just noticed it gets hotter than my Solo could ever get it. I wonder if the HA gong from PV is more expensive because it's just bigger and thicker, to be able to take the heat.

biohacker

Yesterday I tried using a Solo stem inside the crucible for a more snug fit, as well as extra conduction? Wow, worked better than I expected, although I found the vapour too hot, and would probably prefer the teflon straw since the glass piece gets so damn hot. The Solo gong can be INSANELY hot after the hA has been sitting inverted on it for a while.

All I have to say is that this "teflon" material has blown my mind! ZERO offgassing or any foul tastes/smells! My Mighty reeeeeked of plastic for an entire day until I put material through it.

So nice to have these unbreakable teflon pieces.... now I don't need to have glass to have pure flavour!

biohacker

Seriously? I have an extremely sensitive sense of smell and have never detected a hint of anything other than amazing flavours from the medicine!

biohacker,
Reactions: blabau

lazylathe

Almost there...
@biohacker

First check out the cheap glass thread!!
I saw some of those HT's there and they are not all good quality and don't work as expected!

I am also noticing that with my Elite I have to have the temp cranked to get dark ABV. On my 2.1 I use 365 and get perfect ABV. I am also finding that i cough more with the Elite as it needs to be at max to get the same size and density clouds.
Time for the temp probe in both units to see what is going on inside!!
I am interested to see what the real temp inside it!
Plan on using the empty crucible and mouthpiece and inserting the probe down into the crucible to see the temp inside, will do on both units and see what the difference is.
I know the analog will be +-, more of an interest to me!

Last edited:

biohacker

I was doing that last night...direct off the tong....it was warm, but I definitely didn't detect any sort of teflon smell or taste. Tommy10 are you sure that it's not just your tong? Perhaps it wasn't "cured" properly or something? Maybe i'm just immune to it who knows, but either way i'm not concerned. The plastic offgassing with my Mighty was something else though!

biohacker,
Reactions: blabau

biohacker

@lazylathe Curious if you had time to get your probe out in the name of testing the 2.2 vs the Elite temperatures, for science!!! :science:

Still debating between buying a 2.2 or Elite for my 2nd hA! I was all set for getting a 2nd Elite, but your feedback/testing could change that all! Max top end temp is the most important variable to me, if the 2.2 is approximately 10c cooler at the ceiling temperature, I think it would be a deal breaker.

So the TonG from the Elite can be used in the 2.2 correct? I can see benefits of the 2.2 fan, since it doesn't plug into the hA for power.

lazylathe

Almost there...
@lazylathe Curious if you had time to get your probe out in the name of testing the 2.2 vs the Elite temperatures, for science!!! :science:

Still debating between buying a 2.2 or Elite for my 2nd hA! I was all set for getting a 2nd Elite, but your feedback/testing could change that all! Max top end temp is the most important variable to me, if the 2.2 is approximately 10c cooler at the ceiling temperature, I think it would be a deal breaker.

So the TonG from the Elite can be used in the 2.2 correct? I can see benefits of the 2.2 fan, since it doesn't plug into the hA for power.

I have just completed the tests and can say that my Elite is now performing exactly like my 2.1!!!
Huge clouds, low temp and no coughing at all!!!

So the tests i came up with was:
Try and match the 2.1 analog dial to the digital dial on the Elite.
I used a temp probe and just touched the bottom plate with the jets, since they both should theoretically be the same temp +-.

The Elite has been set to +10 in the calibration mode, so real numbers in brackets.

2.1 set at 350 - bottom plate reads 340
Elite set at 350 - bottom plate reads 365,5 (355,5)

2.1 set at MAX - bottom plate reads 391.5
Elite set at MAX - bottom plate reads 427 (417)

2.1 set at my preferred temp of 365 - bottom plate reads 371
Elite set at 365 - bottom plate reads 388 (378)

Elite had to be adjusted down to 352 on the digital display for the bottom plate to read 371.

So now it performs just like i want it to!
Copious clouds that taste great and don't make me cough at all!!

So i figure my Elite is 10 degrees hotter than it should be for my liking.
Works like a champ now and i have zero regrets in the upgrade!

My 2.1 is giving more trouble now with the solid red light coming on in shorter time periods.
It will be a great backup if the Elite ever has to be sent in!

biohacker

That's AWESOME! Thanks for the testing and feedback bro! I'm surprised the Elite runs that much hotter than the 2.1..... it would be interesting to see what the 2.2 max temp is in comparison. But just based on that, I think i'd just spend the extra bit and get another Elite! :rockon:

Last edited:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Happy to see the Herbalaire is carrying a lot of satisfaction!

It was my first vape and the better choice to start in vaporization I could made.

Actually i use it a lot cause curing is not totally done and there is a lot of moisture in my buds and it is the more efficient way to vape ungrounded flowers. Although this morning i powered on my Cloud+ since a while, i setted it at 13 o'clock and i get very whispy clouds from grounded moisturized flowers (and a poor taste also), I tried 3 elb's with different loads and grind consistency...same results. So I decided to turn it up at 14 o'clock, clouds were here but taste was definitly one of the worst i ever experienced...., even my chinese conduction vape offer me tastier first ghits, here it was bad from the first to the last hit...I know it is a heavy hitter when everything is perfect (quality, grind, load size, clean elb's, clean bamboo, pre-heating time and moisture level) and it could taste nice when everything is clean and the unit not too heat saturated.

Can't believe there is so much hype around the Cloud since the humble Herbalaire provides you a deep, tasty and intense experience without any consideration about moisture, grind and medicine quality or consistency (yes, yes...even my worst flowers can offer me a great experience...only need to load a bit more), the only bad is for concentrates, it miss some degrees here... the last time i cleaned my HA is maybe more than 1 year ago, I never was afraid to let it fall. And the bag option is great even if i use it rarely, friends love bags!
Another bad is the stucked TonG when unit is hot at the end of the session...it is impossible to remove before the unit cool down.

I spent a lot more to get a Cloud+ and, even if it offer cloudier hits, it is a large step behind the Herbalaire.

Herbalaire for ever!

Top Bottom