• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued herbalAire

biohacker

@PPN I could not agree with you more! I have owned several Cloud's, a Cloud+, and EVO and completely agree with your assessment.... vastly over-hyped and overrated IMHO. And the hA blows them away in more ways than one, including TASTE!

Checkout the Elite if you're looking for more temperature for concentrates, and the mouthpiece system is awesome and I never burn my fingers.

I'm at a loss for why this vape doesn't get more love, it's the BEST!!!

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Happy to see the Herbalaire is carrying a lot of satisfaction!

It was my first vape and the better choice to start in vaporization I could made.

Actually i use it a lot cause curing is not totally done and there is a lot of moisture in my buds and it is the more efficient way to vape ungrounded flowers. Although this morning i powered on my Cloud+ since a while, i setted it at 13 o'clock and i get very whispy clouds from grounded moisturized flowers (and a poor taste also), I tried 3 elb's with different loads and grind consistency...same results. So I decided to turn it up at 14 o'clock, clouds were here but taste was definitly one of the worst i ever experienced...., even my chinese conduction vape offer me tastier first ghits, here it was bad from the first to the last hit...I know it is a heavy hitter when everything is perfect (quality, grind, load size, clean elb's, clean bamboo, pre-heating time and moisture level) and it could taste nice when everything is clean and the unit not too heat saturated.

Can't believe there is so much hype around the Cloud since the humble Herbalaire provides you a deep, tasty and intense experience without any consideration about moisture, grind and medicine quality or consistency (yes, yes...even my worst flowers can offer me a great experience...only need to load a bit more), the only bad is for concentrates, it miss some degrees here... the last time i cleaned my HA is maybe more than 1 year ago, I never was afraid to let it fall. And the bag option is great even if i use it rarely, friends love bags!
Another bad is the stucked TonG when unit is hot at the end of the session...it is impossible to remove before the unit cool down.

I spent a lot more to get a Cloud+ and, even if it offer cloudier hits, it is a large step behind the Herbalaire.

Herbalaire for ever!

It was my first vape too. I didn't do nearly enough research, I just really wanted a vape that did whole nugs. I'm super lucky I stumbled on such a good vape. So many new vapes come out and people go crazy over the stuff it can do and in my head I'm going my vape has been doing that and more for 6 years.....

Luckily my vas is only for portables, I'm never tempted to replace my ha as my daily driving desktop. Well... maybe with an elite.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
lazylathe, could you compare the HA to the Vrip, please?

I always want to add a Vrip and an Herborizer to my routine...although I doubted they add something more to the HA experience.

If somebody can compare to an Herbo XL, please?

biohacker

Previous Vriptech and Herborizer owner..... the Vriptech is absolutely AWESOME.... I dearly miss mine, but it is made of glass and unfortunately not the best fit for me at this time. It is extremely flavourful and you get a massive amount of terpenes in one hit, which sent me into sneezing fits. If you have the money and are looking for something novel, i'm pretty sure you won't regret the VHW as an addition to the hA, but I can live without one now that I have the hA!

The Herborizer was a long time ago, and I did not have the XL version so I think mine ran at a constant 190c. I've considering re-purchasing this one as part of my RE-VAS blast from the past vapes, but upon doing more research on the XL I don't think I will. You get alot of airy hits since the bowl is so massive, and it felt like it took forever to clear a bowl. I'm sure the XL will improve on this experience but from all the reports i've read, people are using the XL close to max temps and are having the same issues. It's a brilliant design, very simple, clean, and elegant... but like the Vrip, made of glass so extremely fragile.

I can live without the Vriptech and Herborizer, but cannot live without my hA!

Hope that helps!

stickstones

Vapor concierge
lazylathe, could you compare the HA to the Vrip, please?

I'm no @lazylathe , but since both of these vapes are in my regular rotation I thought I might be of help. @biohacker 's enthusiasm has gotten my HA some use the last two nights and it really is a great unit. It's tasty, quick to heat up, efficient, effective, versatile and tough as nails. You really could do very well with this as your only vape. Personally, I like it for nightcaps and it's almost the only vape I use with inferior herbs...it really gets the most out of them with its deep penetration and no need for grinding.

The VHW is a completely different vape and makes a better compliment the the HA than an alternative to it. It's my most fragile vape and one I use for special occasions or when I just want to treat myself. It's taste is unsurpassed, and it should be, with nothing but glass from start to finish. When I use it with glass and ice it's the nicest vape hit I've had. Teflon vapes like the HA and MV are a close second in taste to glass, but I still prefer all glass for taste. And that's why the VHW is fragile. I can't fully explain it, but when I use the VHW I really feel like I am enjoying something special.

One thing they have in common is both have a large bowl/crucible, so those who want large doses can get it quickly. Along with 7th Floor products, they are the direct draw units with the biggest bowls, and I'm starting to appreciate that. I recommend them both wholeheartedly for the right situations.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I'm no @lazylathe , but since both of these vapes are in my regular rotation I thought I might be of help. @biohacker 's enthusiasm has gotten my HA some use the last two nights and it really is a great unit. It's tasty, quick to heat up, efficient, effective, versatile and tough as nails. You really could do very well with this as your only vape. Personally, I like it for nightcaps and it's almost the only vape I use with inferior herbs...it really gets the most out of them with its deep penetration and no need for grinding.

The VHW is a completely different vape and makes a better compliment the the HA than an alternative to it. It's my most fragile vape and one I use for special occasions or when I just want to treat myself. It's taste is unsurpassed, and it should be, with nothing but glass from start to finish. When I use it with glass and ice it's the nicest vape hit I've had. Teflon vapes like the HA and MV are a close second in taste to glass, but I still prefer all glass for taste. And that's why the VHW is fragile. I can't fully explain it, but when I use the VHW I really feel like I am enjoying something special.

One thing they have in common is both have a large bowl/crucible, so those who want large doses can get it quickly. Along with 7th Floor products, they are the direct draw units with the biggest bowls, and I'm starting to appreciate that. I recommend them both wholeheartedly for the right situations.
Thanks about your feedback, maybe I'll consider about the vrip....I need to find a trade or my wife will kill me again!

PPN,

lemmeadem

First off, shouts out to @PlanetVape. You got it to me a day earlier than expected from Canada to Australia... During the holiday season. :o Cheers, you guys.

On to the review:

Turned 'er on, put in the direct draw piece and then jammed it down my downstem. Pulled on and off slowly for about two minutes - nothing. Not a touch of vapor.

After a thirty minute session I was thinking, "This is ridiculous. I'm getting literally no vapor from this bag. This thing sucks."

And then I realized that a used crucible was sitting in front of my bong while pulling the HA through the downstem and realized, like, "Fuck, I'm two bowls deep and amnesic. There wasn't even a crucible in this session."

10/10, brilliant vape, don't even remember my first experience with it in my possession. :p

Be back in a week - experimenting.

Taproots

Still using my herbalaire 2.2 happily. I have been using the TONG mouthpiece with a cut down crucible (I packed a normal crucible with cardboard so it wouldn't collapse/dent and then cut it down to the right size with aviation snips) and a ceramic vaporbros disk to hold .1 grams of packed down ground herb.

The disk is pushed down hard enough into the herb to stay. and then the Tong is sealed up and I put this cheap dhgate hydratube on it. http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/glass-vaporizer-for-smoking/228918906.html

At 375 it gives nice clouds that are easy to breath in, although my herbalaire never whitewalls glass it always produces decent clouds on the exhale (which is weird to me)

In terms of taste it is still one of my favorite vapes, and autopilot nature of the device makes it perfect for groups.

biohacker

Suggestions on mating the tubing to an 18mm female? Can you get the tubing on an Arizer glass elbow?

The stock black whip mouthpiece fits the 14mm great, but all my glass is 18mm and not sure of a solution?

Still loving my hA!

biohacker,

lazylathe

Almost there...
Suggestions on mating the tubing to an 18mm female? Can you get the tubing on an Arizer glass elbow?

The stock black whip mouthpiece fits the 14mm great, but all my glass is 18mm and not sure of a solution?

Still loving my hA!

I use my EQ elbow! Works like a bomb!!

Or just an 18 to 14 reducer also works well!

Last edited:

Tommy10

Have been testing this new trick of mine in my butane vapes, got the HA back today and gave it a run! Drop of VG between some bud and the thing blows clouds like a hooka and gets you that special HA medicated still.

Tommy10,

biohacker

I use my EQ elbow! Works like a bomb!!

Or just an 18 to 14 reducer also works well!

The 18/14 reducer is perfect but i'm also picking up the EQ elbow!

I noticed some discussion about a year back about whether this vape is strictly convection, and that's what some of the experts pointed to as it being. Well, I packed a nice fresh gong with .2g of fine grind and plopped my hA on top, then bam received a phone call. Came back 5-10 mins later and that load was completely SPENT and very dark brown. I would say there has to be SOME conduction as a result of this, no? I'm not sure how it could be more obvious?

biohacker,

Amoreena

Grown up Flower Child
@biohacker - Am guessing all of those holes at the bottom blow hot air whether one is using it or not. But it's just a guess; I'm not technologically inclined. :shrug:

Edit to add quote from video transcription here: http://www.vapecritic.com/vaporizers/herbalaire/

"... If you look inside the top of the unit, you’ll notice that at the bottom of the chamber there’s a bunch of little holes or jets. These are the heat jets, where the heat comes up from the unit.

It’s going to travel up through those holes, directly through the screen at the bottom of the crucible through your material. ..."

Last edited:
Amoreena,
Reactions: biohacker

redijedi808

Aloha fellow Herbalaire owners! Just wanted to post that I have joined the club. I have been scouring FC for a desktop to compliment my Mighty. I followed @biohacker informative posts since we seem to have the same interests in certain vapes.

Anyways, my unit just arrived and I am having a blast experimenting with it. It is quite different compared to my Mighty in terms of cloud production. It reminds me more of the Arizer Solo hit. The taste does seem to remain throughout and the ABV is nice and even.

I have all weekend to dial it in to my taste. I have been getting ripped so far and I do dig the bag method. I was going to get a used digital volcano but wanted options.

The video from @bleak was very well produced which introduced me to the Arizer mouthpiece method. It will be my nightcap.

I also went with the JW Fusion Pump like @421

swwu39.jpg

2qva2qp.jpg

biohacker

Welcome to the Herbie club! The Herbie and Mighty are my top 2 vapes! Glad you found the light, as it took me over a decade to discover it!

That Fusion pump has a variable airflow dial already built in?! I'll have to look into this! Not that I really need it, since I rarely use my pump anymore but looks like it could be a nice-to-have!

The Fusion is pretty nice and cheap but it doesn't have an off switch :( I still need to get an inline on/off switch for it. I like the variable airflow but it gets too hard not being able to switch off the air easily, I was mostly using it for low flow air assist bubbler hits.

redijedi808

Welcome to the Herbie club! The Herbie and Mighty are my top 2 vapes! Glad you found the light, as it took me over a decade to discover it!

That Fusion pump has a variable airflow dial already built in?! I'll have to look into this! Not that I really need it, since I rarely use my pump anymore but looks like it could be a nice-to-have!

Thank you! I also believe those are my 2 top vapes. I was finally able to add a desktop to my arsenal and was glued to this forum...more specifically the Plug-In thread. Glad I ended up here.

I do love the Fusion pump and its diversity/silent operation. I was on that tip of trying to conserve energy by turning off all my unnecessary components when I leave home. This has actually been a great solution for the no switch.

ddoxnl.jpg

lemmeadem

I've done nothing but put my HA through my bong for the last two weeks to vape and my other vapes are starting to get jealous but I can't help myself. D: The high is so potent and clean with the HA and as many have stated, I reckon the jets are the cause. The HA has the perfect air to vapor ratio for me - at first, I wanted those thick log vape clouds and then I realised that thin vapor is amazing and although the sessions are drawn out a little longer, there's a definite extension of effects when having a long slow session.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Far and away my favorite thing about the HA is how effectively it roasts full nuggs. No grinding necessary, and it seems like better flavor and "something else" that I really can't describe that roasting the unground nuggs gives. Its just an outstanding experience.

I have a couple crucibles that I trimmed to easily use the TonG which has a longer connecter and provides a more solid connection when turning the HA over into glass. That is how I usually roll with it...

nicelytoasted

Vaked Chemist
@PPN I could not agree with you more! I have owned several Cloud's, a Cloud+, and EVO and completely agree with your assessment.... vastly over-hyped and overrated IMHO. And the HA blows them away in more ways than one, including TASTE!

The high is so potent and clean with the HA and as many have stated, I reckon the jets are the cause. The HA has the perfect air to vapor ratio for me.

Far and away my favorite thing about the HA is how effectively it roasts full nugs. No grinding necessary, and it seems like better flavor and "something else" that I really can't describe that roasting the unground nugs gives. Its just an outstanding experience.

It’s interesting to see so many posters saying such similar things about the HA in this thread lately, that is, the amazing flavor, the potency of the hits, the extra that you seem to get.

I have often thought similar things along these lines in the many years that I’ve used my HA (as opposed to my various other vapes), but was hesitant to post them, since they are so subjective (and difficult to prove), unlike far too many other threads that I see in here.

I am now convinced that grinding your herb (and heating/drying it to prep it) loses a significant amount of cannabinoids and terpenes, to the handling, and to the grinder itself. Although you can recover some from your grinder if you so choose, there are still losses as you pulverize the herb and burst open the trichomes. There is always a substantial amount of the volatile aspect of the trichomes lost to the atmosphere forever, as well.

I do understand that most all other vapes require a grind of varying fineness, since they cannot penetrate whole buds at all, and need the surface area to do their job. They also need to be stirred between hits, to access all the trichomes. This is part of the ritual to many, who accept it as part of the process, but is not very practical, in reality.

Since the HA does not require either grinding or stirring, it preserves these actives and tastes that are lost with other vapes. In addition, it extracts so much better than other vapes, even from dense, compressed, whole nugs, without grinding the herb, that in effect, it gets the most trichomes to the bowl (crucible), and extracts them the best.

This is why so many people report that the HA gives superior flavor, and gives the most effect out of the least amount of herb, and I believe that it does exactly that, compared to all other vapes, imo.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I've never understood why the HA doesn't get more love. It's a great, extremely versatile vape that doesn't cost a lot of money. I know it has sold huge numbers. I guess it's just a lack of marketing.

Actually the HA has been around a lot longer than I've been vaping. I bet it had a lot more marketing going on 5 or 6 years ago...

biohacker

Still loving my hA daily.... I don't get it either.... but was this vape released BEFORE the Arizer V-tower? It seems like Arizer stomped on HerbalAire with the introduction of their products? Not sure why I never really heard about the Herbie before....and went through several Arizer EQ's due to love/hate, yet now I have TWO HerbalAire's, and I wouldn't consider selling either of them! I just really think it's the best desktop vape out there for me..... and it seems that nothing else really even comes close?

I am however finding that I rarely (actually never) use the tong..... I don't do direct or bags, so all I need are my Herbie and PV gong (shorty with fine screen) and i'm in Vaporizer Heaven!

Top Bottom