Herb Grinders

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Same here, Mom, in my case the small aluminum 2 pc space case is irreplaceable. As you say it just glides and if I'm not careful the grind is too fine before I know it.
I like the solidity and the balance - it feels good in the hand. It's pure quality and you know it.
Before that SC I was very happy with my 4 piece CC and Ed's wood grinder is very cool for what it is also.
A great prize for you - although for me I'm not sure I would enjoy the 4 piece as much but I bet yours has the precision of a quality wristwatch.

jeffp,

chucku

Charles Urbane
Mom, Jeff

Ditto, SC is the only grinder I have used, (4 pc medium, 2 pc medium, 4 pc scout, pollen press) each is impeccably built and works flawlessy. Others I have inspected at the local toy store are made to nowhere close the tolerances of the SC. They seem downright crude in comparison. Only other one I have seen of comparable build quality is the Cosmic. I just did not like the holes on the Cosmic. Fewer and larger iirc. The cheap gimmick grinder that came with my E v 3 I just threw out. The SC is not just a quality watch but a Swiss watch.

chucku,

wot

Can anyone recommend a good retailer for Cosmic grinders located in US? All I can seem to find are Space Cases. I'd love to try a Mix N Ball, but I prefer purchasing within the US. This is for an MFLB. Thanks all!

wot,

Nycdeisel

Vitolo I thought MF didnt sell those yet....?

and Wot if you DO want a Cosmic, a couple sites that have them are aqualabtechnologies, the vaporgenie site, as well as vaporwarehouse if you want to order from there.

Nycdeisel,

max

Out to lunch
Vitolo said:
It is not a cosmic... but if you want a good little fine grinder for MFLB.. check this post- MFLB Grinder
I have a mini grinder from Puffitup. I'll try it out this evening and compare to the MnB Nano. From the looks of the teeth and how they're aligned, I don't think it'll beat the Nano for a fine grind, but we'll see. I don't know if this is the MF grinder or not. I'll have to ask Randy. He included it with an order and I keep forgetting to try it.

max,

wot

Vitolo said:
It is not a cosmic... but if you want a good little fine grinder for MFLB.. check this post- MFLB Grinder
Wow that MFLB-sized grinder looks great. I have a 4pc from Puffitup (included with MFLB before price increase) and I'm sad to say it's not very good. Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep an eye out.

Nycdeisel said:
and Wot if you DO want a Cosmic, a couple sites that have them are aqualabtechnologies, the vaporgenie site, as well as vaporwarehouse if you want to order from there.
I ended up ordering a Mini Cosmic grinder from VaporGenie (no tax, free first-class shipping to CA). Thanks for the referral <3. I'll check back with pics of its grind after it comes in the mail (if anyone is interested). :peace:

wot,

Vitolo

Vaporist
SmokingElectricity said:
Nycdeisel said:
Vitolo I thought MF didnt sell those yet....?

http://www.blisssville.com/product_info.php?products_id=201
That is a small grinder... yes, but it is not the same grinder as they have for MFLB at Puffitup.
The one at Puffitup is a bit smaller, and the inner lip fits completely in the MFLB opening.
You can compare the size of the quarter in the Blissville picture to this;
Photoon2011-06-02at1326.jpg

(this grinder also has an indented top)
to dump ground herb if you dont wish to empty entire contents into your LB

Vitolo,

SmokingElectricity

yes, but that is the grinder sold by blisssville, the makers of the MFLB...

so technically it is the MF grinder.

@Vitolo

have you happened to do an iso soak on that grinder yet???

SmokingElectricity,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Iso soak to wash away the "production line demons"?... or after using with herb.
(did #1 but not #2)

Vitolo,

Nycdeisel

yea that sucks so I cant order that mini grinder from MF(bville), not that I seriously need a grinder, but I want to try it. oh well, maybe I will just make an excuse to buy other stuff from puffitup so I can get it ;)

Nycdeisel,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Vito, you do need to clean a new grinder before use, as you did, prior to use. But after it gets gooey and sticky from grinding herb (this takes a while), you can do the same type of wash with ISO or an Everclear type alchohol. I use Everclear since it is edible and reuse the alcohol to clean glass stems. The last time I use the alcohol, I'll clean my grinder with it. Then I evaporate it down and make hard candies with it. They're very pleasant and give a nice mellow buzz. If you use ISO, you cannot ingest it, but it can be evaporated down to a goo and vaped with some herb or smoked.

momofthegoons,

Nycdeisel

well said, momofthegoons! cleaning before first use is a must, and cant eat qwiso either lol

Nycdeisel,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Well, I will be perfectly honest. It is light enough to be aluminum. If it is plated, it is well done, as you can not see signs of this on the tiny teeth, which under a scope look clean.
Due to it's small size, a bud on a stem does not fit in, so there has been no reason for me to learn if the "tuff stuff" causes any flaking. I have been putting already ground weed (from a medium 4 piece Space Case) into this mini grinder to further prepare it for the MFLB.
I never gave this grinder a tuffness test, just a test to see if I could easily get herb into the grinder , and from grinder into the LB while on the move, without spilling any. That was a success.

Vitolo,

wot

Wow everyone, I ordered a Mini Cosmic grinder from VG 2 days ago, and it arrived today...a Saturday! Considering it shipped as First Class mail from VA to CA, that's pretty quick!

I read with any new grinder, that I should definitely wash/clean it before use, and there's two methods of Everclear or ISO. Is Everclear something I can get from the grocery store? Do I soak the grinder in Everclear overnight or something?

Here are some quick pics with the camera on my phone. The diamond-shaped teeth seem to be slightly curved near each tip. TY VG!

20110604cosmic01.jpg

20110604cosmic02.jpg

wot,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I pour alcohol in it, swirl it around, dump it and a take a q-tip and swab around the inside walls (I check which direction q-tip is wound, so I avoid the teeth catching it.... by kind of spinning the q-tip in the "tightening" direction as I go around)
I repeat with a dry q-tip. Some don't rinse with water. I do... but then I very carefully hold tightly to half, as I place the wand from the shop vac close to it (don't let go) I do it for longer than is needed, to be sure no moisture is left in the center area (home of the magnet). I used to use an air duster, but the shopvac worked better.

Vitolo,

wot

Vitolo said:
I pour alcohol in it, swirl it around, dump it and a take a q-tip and swab around the inside walls (I check which direction q-tip is wound, so I avoid the teeth catching it.... by kind of spinning the q-tip in the "tightening" direction as I go around)
I repeat with a dry q-tip. Some don't rinse with water. I do... but then I very carefully hold tightly to half, as I place the wand from the shop vac close to it (don't let go) I do it for longer than is needed, to be sure no moisture is left in the center area (home of the magnet). I used to use an air duster, but the shopvac worked better.
Thanks Vitolo, that doesn't sound too bad

wot,

SmokingElectricity

i found a soft bristle tooth brush works better than a q-tip when cleaning grinders and removing residues, especially the screen. as long as the grinder doesn't have a paint finish, you won't harm it.

SmokingElectricity,

VapeSpace

wot said:
Can anyone recommend a good retailer for Cosmic grinders located in US? All I can seem to find are Space Cases. I'd love to try a Mix N Ball, but I prefer purchasing within the US. This is for an MFLB. Thanks all!

Hey Wot, I see you already found a source but I can also recommend VaporWarehouse for Cosmic Grinders. I've been ordering VaporBros accessories from them for a few years now and I also picked up my Cosmic grinder from them. I haven't had any problems or issues ordering from them.

As for that tiny grinder from Magic Flight, my friend received one for free with his Magic Flight (also from VaporWarehouse). I wasn't all that impressed with them. Compared to my Cosmic, the MFLB grinder felt a bit cheap. It's super small and seems like the teeth would bend or break off easy if you stuffed a thick, little bud in it. It's nice that they fit in the MFLB tin but I would prefer any Cosmic grinder over that grinder.

VapeSpace,

wot

VapeSpace said:
wot said:

Hey Wot, I see you already found a source but I can also recommend VaporWarehouse for Cosmic Grinders. I've been ordering VaporBros accessories from them for a few years now and I also picked up my Cosmic grinder from them. I haven't had any problems or issues ordering from them.
Cool dude, I was considering VW prior to VG, but I figured I could wait a little longer and not pay tax or shipping with VG. First Class ended up taking the same amount of time as Priority Mail, cross-country (USPS). I'm sure VW is good too -- they responded to my inquiries pretty fast.

wot,

wot

Here's a pic of the grind with the Mini Cosmic -- I'm very happy. It was a bit hard to grip and turn at first, since the herb was a little moist...but I got through it. Just a reminder: I was looking for a grinder for the MFLB and opted to try Cosmic, from what I've read in this thread. Thanks all!

20110605cosmic03.jpg

wot,

willieR

Been here since 2009
STILL waiting on my Mix n Ball Nano. It's into the second ... MONTH

I feel like buying 50 and offering them to people just so others don't have to go through all of this very childish, unprofessional nonsense.

willieR,
Top Bottom