Herb Grinders

biohacker

Heavy top portion for grinding your buds (supposedly makes it easier GR8TR owners can comment on it better than I can)

YEAH this is why I love the GR8TR so much (non vape gr8tr) because of that heavy thick top portion. Makes grinding so much easier for me with my big hands. Just wish I could part match it with the bottom of a vape gr8tr. Common Kannastor....you're modular....so sell the parts like they are too!

I vape with the SLX and I get a ton of Kief.

So this is just telling me that the mesh sizes are different? More kief means less trichs in your bud, not a good thing (for me).

biohacker

I don't think it is....I think the storage puck bottom is the same as the Solid or Jar body gr8tr's?

The vape gr8tr larger bottom section wouldn't really be a "puck"? But I did use my previous solid body bottom and top to make a puck, and it was awesome.

Justpassedu

I don't think it is....I think the storage puck bottom is the same as the Solid or Jar body gr8tr's?

The vape gr8tr larger bottom section wouldn't really be a "puck"? But I did use my previous solid body bottom and top to make a puck, and it was awesome.
Ordered a grt8 vape version to try today as i keep noticing the majority on forums seems to really like them. Now you gotta get a flowerpot man , the vas & gas is strong. I did not even need a new grinder to be honest. Hoping i'll like it & give away my others to friends in need.

biohacker

Yeah man, i've got the spring fever! lol You'll love the vape gr8tr....it's the finest most even grind i've experienced, but can be frustrating with some strains/cures due to clogging. I find that the coarser plate isn't really all that much coarser than the fine, but allows herb to fall through with ease.

snackmaster

You can email Kannastor and check, but now I'm 100% certain the puck has that larger concave section. I was hazy on the details, but I bought a puck a while back along with a 4 pc kannastor so I could catch kief with my vape gr8tr.

Here's where I ended up selling the grinder part of the 4 pc with the bottom of the puck:
Grinders!

biohacker

WOW! Thanks guys, mind blown!

@snackmaster you just sold the exact elusive grinder that I now want! lol 4 piece top with the puck bottom!

Looks like i'll be picking up another solid body gr8tr AND a storage puck this time! I miss my Kannastor!

And apologies, for my laziness.... just by looking at that storage puck pic, it's very obvious. Just another assumption that has backfired for me! lol

This is cool though, now i'll be able to use the larger curved bottom as a puck, or the smaller 4 piece bottom!

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Do they offer 3 piece similar to that without having to mish-mash parts? Or do they sell ala-carte or something so that I don't have to buy multiple things and then sell parts lol.

I could justify buying a second grinder so that I can have an indica and sativa ground at once, bc dumping my leftover sativas from the day into a seperate vial is just too much effort....

muunch,

biohacker

The Vape Gr8tr is the 3 piece, but you don't get that awesome thicker top piece of the 4 piece so you have better mechanical advantage.

biohacker,
Reactions: muunch

Justpassedu

Yeah man, i've got the spring fever! lol You'll love the vape gr8tr....it's the finest most even grind i've experienced, but can be frustrating with some strains/cures due to clogging. I find that the coarser plate isn't really all that much coarser than the fine, but allows herb to fall through with ease.
Nice , i do own a magic flight finishing grinder and break it out when i need a really fine grind , the only problem is , sometimes it provides to fine of a grind and almost turns my flowers into keef for the most part so i very rarely use it. I like the idea of the vape plate for grt8 so it's worth a try for me , def is the most i have ever spent on a grinder though. It also looks like they are including a press for free with mine as i just got my invoice , never made keef pucks. I'm actually happy the vape version does not have a keef screen as all my other grinders do and i'd like something that grinds and keeps my crystals with my flowers to try.

Justpassedu,
Reactions: biohacker

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Damn, yeah with the price point PLUS having to buy extra crap I might pass and continue being lazy. Could just buy a storage puck and achieve essentially the same thing but there's no fun in that. D:

muunch,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Buy it off Amazon. I already reported it awhile ago, so they probably have talked with the seller. It's their only one. I just wanted to give you full disclosure. I emailed them, and they QUICKLY sent a replacement like I said. Not slow shipping or anything, it was here and ready to use asap.

It costs you nothing either.

But the GR8TR is a great option too. I like the lift innovations one yet, but I am wary of those projects as I'm not going to say the invention is bad. But doesn't mean you're going to be great at mass production and running a company. They're 2 different things.

Honestly, just look at the pros and cons of the 2 grinders. They are "different".

The GR8TR is larger. It's not as fun to put in your pocket. But it's great to throw in a bag if you want to hold more bud. Or if you just need to hold more bud with you, you may decide on that.

GR8TR
Pros:
Larger body and dedicated storage space for bud allow it to store more bud.

Swappable parts.

Heavy top portion for grinding your buds (supposedly makes it easier GR8TR owners can comment on it better than I can)

Cons:

Larger so not as pocketable

More Expensive? (This really depends on your source. I'm not sure how much the GR8TR is at the cheapest place. I think $70 but that's what I'm assuming so switch this if you need to).

SLX 2.0 (Large Edition (Medium size of other grinders it's a compact grinder))

Pros:
Ceramic Nonstick Coating - This allows the grinder to remain cleaner longer than anything I've seen. I've not felt the need to iso dip this yet, while my SCS had bud that would stay "stuck" all around the thing forever. It really irritated me but this isn't about the SCS.

The Screen: This is slightly unfair since I don't have experience with the GR8TR screen. However, this thing collects kief. Again, sorry to bash on the SCS, it's the only grinder I currently have other than the SLX 2.0 but compared to that thing, this thing collect KIEF!!! The SCS just sucked pretty much in comparison. I always expected to get a lot of kief with the SCS with how much bud I ground in it since I didn't vape at the time, but nope... I vape with the SLX and I get a ton of Kief.

Cons:
Smaller so it holds less bud. - Coming from an SCS Large edition, this is significant to me. But if you're a smaller user it won't matter. I don't use much since I'm ALWAYS vaping. If you like to carry all your bud in a grinder and don't want to carry a secondary source this will be an ever larger con.

Screen Compartment isn't Secured - This is a minor con or a major con depending on how you look at it. I've dropped an open SCS before, but the kief section is secured, so you only lose your bud. Ok. In the SLX 2.0 - This portion is removable to make it a 3 piece. But if you drop it while using it as a 4 piece, boom there goes your kief too. I salvaged mine when I dropped it, I got ripped.....

---

They're both great grinders that do interesting things. You could be happy either way, or be happy with BOTH.

Regarding the updated SCS design.
When did this happen? I think I have it.

Wow thanks for the detailed comparison (well fact based for gr8tr since you havent tried one yet) and Amazon confidence (though they actually do have more than one seller, there are a few listed, I'd like to buy from the $55 seller to save more... GR8TR is $65 on Amazon, I have a $25 giftcard too)

Yeah so as I said I don't care about kief, not gonna be sifting at all (I guess SLX would give me the option to do so quickly if I ever do want to for some reason) not storage really, a grinder is to grind for me, so portability is also totally moot imo. I mean nice that the SLX will be larger than my SCS, yet still compact I suppose... Not worried about dropping, when you don't take it with you I guess that's just not an issue. Never dropped an filled grinder around the house either

Yeah coating is huge, I don't clean often, but I don't like how caked the SCS gets with kief and more. The SLX also looks to have nice teeth and holes. Ofcourse the GR8TR teeth aren't exciting, but the grating style and plates are, an even medium fine grind without turning upside down would be ideal for me. But yeah the vape GR8TR so no storage, three piece to three piece... We'll see what I end up with, might be nice to see a grind comparison or hear more from folks who own both?

abcd5432

Errr I want to be clear on the size. I believe the large slx 2.0 is about the size of the medium scs. Sorry for the delay on comparison pics, when I get home tonight I'll take some basic pics so you can get size in relation to a large scs.

Ya i didn't think you wanted the Kief section, I started writing and couldn't remember and just gave full detail.

I saw the gr8tr in person and was very impressed, I just haven't put bud into it.

If you're not in a rush to buy and end up waiting for whatever reason hit me up later. I may have both by then.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Do they offer 3 piece similar to that without having to mish-mash parts? Or do they sell ala-carte or something so that I don't have to buy multiple things and then sell parts lol.

I could justify buying a second grinder so that I can have an indica and sativa ground at once, bc dumping my leftover sativas from the day into a seperate vial is just too much effort....
I bought a GR8TR vape with a storage puck for the very same reason you're describing. It lets me swap the bottom trays out for different strains and keep them fresh with a lid.

Winegums,
Reactions: biohacker

abcd5432

I bought a GR8TR vape with a storage puck for the very same reason you're describing. It lets me swap the bottom trays out for different strains and keep them fresh with a lid.
That's great to let people know winegums. This is another bonus of the gr8tr compared to other grinders.
I have 2 slx 2.0 ("amazon shipping error"). Nothing wrong with the 2 grinder lifestyle.

Shit Snacks

Errr I want to be clear on the size. I believe the large slx 2.0 is about the size of the medium scs. Sorry for the delay on comparison pics, when I get home tonight I'll take some basic pics so you can get size in relation to a large scs.

Ya i didn't think you wanted the Kief section, I started writing and couldn't remember and just gave full detail.

I saw the gr8tr in person and was very impressed, I just haven't put bud into it.

If you're not in a rush to buy and end up waiting for whatever reason hit me up later. I may have both by then.

No worries on that, I know SCS is 2.2 and SLX standard is 2.4 (their small is 2.0) so just a little bigger is perfect for me. I don't know ow the GR8TR size, but not too concerned about that either. Larger SCS is 2.75 and definitely bigger than I'd ever need so all good there.

Oh forgot to mention yeah they changed the teeth a while ago, but I didn't have a new until recently (and got the old one late to the game as well). They also offer two different finishes now, no idea what I have since I got it cheap through an Amazon shop in Austin. I posted here about the differences though and someone shared a photo too.

Definitely in no rush, it's been on my mind for a while, went with the 3 piece SCS first because I knew I liked it already. However getting a consistent even grind would be huge for me, as would the non stick coating, so that's why I'm between those two now (had been considering the Lift or it's Amazon knock off before).

So yeah you'll probably have both before I do, seeing a grind comparison would be nice, as I think I want the SLX more overall (size, teeth, coating, color) and am only recently being tempted by the GR8TR instead...

Shit Snacks

You're in Austin?
No problem just shoot me a message before you buy then I'll be getting my gr8tr probably on 4/20.

If you like the colors.... Dude the slx looks nice.
Here's what the SCS and slx look like side by side.

No I'm in Cali, ordered online from a shop in Austin (wasn't Amazon I remember now). I had to get two aluminum Piranha stash jars for free shipping too, planned to glue em together for a greens/browns dual container, but I haven't done that or used them at all yet.

Tha Ms again for the comparison, yeah I dig the purple SLX, went dark grey for the SCS (and my old one is black). I am leaning back this way unless I hear more details about the GR8TR that sways me like grind shots... I probably should just search since I know there are a lot of fans in here, but yeah I'm lazy and in no rush lol

Shit Snacks,

towtow

Hi all, I'm here to pick your brain

I was looking for a new grinder, mine is pretty old and tired. I'm used to the 2pcs grinder and from what I read in here I don't think I'll need a 3 or 4 pieces. I'm just happy to have my pollen in my herb.
Would you recommend the kannastor brand and the 2pcs model they have ? Wich brand other than this one would you think be better ? Sharpstone looks pretty much the same but cheaper.
I think I need something over 50mm and perfect health metal manufacture.

Thank you I hope you all having the same beautiful day as I'm.

Last edited:
towtow,

abcd5432

Interplanetary Development is having a 4/20 sale with freaking FIFTY PERCENT OFF.

Could just get another SW2 for $25... Does Kannastor or SLX do any 4/20 sales? If not I hate to buy 2 of the same thing but... $25 is a hell of a deal.
Check out your local store.
Buy the grinder you need.
The SLX adds a coating of non stick which means more of your buds fall through. My SCS had buds caked all over the place which irritated me.
I don't have a GR8TR but it has the "mill" style top end, and has storage.

It doesn't mean that's the best for you. IF that's a grinder you want to try for $25 why not?

For $25 for the SW2 it doesn't seem terrible.

I'd just rather buy something good once, than try to save a couple dollars. It's something you keep for a long time.

At $25 though, the price is right to me. That's the most I'd pay for a grinder like that now.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I already have a SW2 and it's pretty perfect for my needs. I was just looking into another grinder for variety and so that I can have an indica and sativa ground up seperately at the same time.

I was looking into the SLX and gr8tr vape whatever as alternatives rather than just buying another SW2 but ya for $25 idk. At least double the price for an SLX or gr8tr so I might kiss the idea of variety goodbye.

Top Bottom