Herb Grinders

biohacker

As much as that trips me out, it was just a joke... i thought human ph had an extremely narrow range, and any sort of significant acidity would kill you. Regardless, this is not the place...pretty sure there is already a thread in the medical section.

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
I've met people who can rust guitar strings in 6 hours by playing it. Or another example would be eating through the paint on keyboard caps. Some people truly are acidic in nature and will have reactions to certain metals and surfaces.

Bleeding_Different_Images_v06.jpg

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
sfdbzk.jpg

vD9R3Z.jpg

So my ID replacement order came today. Everything is perfect. Tanner said he'd check it by hand and this one is flawless. He also really hooked it up.

The stickers are dope af. I'm really grateful he was so kind. I got a ton of cool shit and he was nice to talk to.

Still dry though! I'll check back with a meaningful picture later this week lol. Sorry.

edit/p.s.:

check the sweet, barely visible (in this pic at least) @underdog sticker on my pelican :p

Last edited:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
btw @Winegums

PMPTkG.jpg

BKpzuA.jpg

that chip in the earth metal is already discolored. I did clean it with water (for what reason? idk) shortly before taking the pictures of the first grinder I got earlier this week and you can see its def not supposed to be like that.

Quick turnaround on the reship (that I didn't have to ask for) and bunch of nice goodies. I'm pretty happy overall despite the small (and bother less) hiccup

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
I second the Kannastor GR8TR.

The fine plate makes for a very consistent and fine grind. No need to turn it upside down, no gummed up grinder. The holes are so fine that no piece of your bud is left unbroken.

I just picked up the GR8TR Vape on sale and I feel it was well worth the price. The machining is perfect and will stand up to my space case in quality.

Just picked up a GR8TR Vape on sale, too. Only a few runs through it, but love the cut.

Have used a 2 piece SC for a couple years. Think it is medium (2.5" or so). Great for fine grind after a little practice. Since 2 pc, just grind more for finer. But, not too hard to go too far or not quite enough until you get the feel of it. Once you do you can easily grind whatever consistency you want from nuggly to dust.

CalyxSmokr

I like the gr8tr and the fine plate - but I don't grind until it goes through the holes. Most is tapped out through the top and then I empty whatever did fall through at the end

CalyxSmokr,

HippieHitman

HotBoxin' My Wheelchair
wheres the best place to a GR8tr? Best price you guys have seen?

Would you say it grinds better than a SCS 2 piece? How much resistance does the grinder have? I have fucked up wrist

HippieHitman,

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker

Would you say it grinds better than a SCS 2 piece? How much resistance does the grinder have? I have fucked up wrist
Best place I saw was the Kannastor site.

The GR8TR is the easiest grinder to turn that I've ever used. The micro teeth make it very easy to grind since they don't take as large a bite out of the nug.

Southern Chef

Do you folks with the GR8TR prefer the solid body or jar body? I'm about to pull the trigger and can't really see any difference in the two except that you can see into one and not the other. Is that it?

biohacker

Pretty sure that's it. I like my solid body, I think it's probably easier to clean than the acrylic or whatever plastic they use. It won't be ISO safe more than likely, and although they don't recommend using ISO to clean Kannastor grinders, I use 99% and never have had any issues...it already has scratches and some marks so i'm not too OCD about it. Great grinder, especially when squeeky clean.... I never ever use my fine grind plate. I find it takes an effort to get the material through those tiny holes, but properly dried meds makes it possible. I think the regular (coarser) plate has pretty much the ideal consistency for my preferences, and it's not much coarser than what the fine plate can produce IMO. I'd say medium consistency.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
I like the gr8tr and the fine plate - but I don't grind until it goes through the holes. Most is tapped out through the top and then I empty whatever did fall through at the end

So, you're only giving it a quick turn or two and and dumping larger ground material from top of plate? To each his own, but why even use a grinder or not go with larger plate (or larger holed grinder)?

Love the grind of my new GR8TR Vape (only comes with small/fine plate). Have only put a couple strains through it, but so far is a perfect grind for me that is a much simpler process to keep consistent compared to a 2 piece.

Also got mine at Kannastor site. The GR8TR Vape model and some other things were on sale until not too long ago and prices were great. Looks like sale has ended, so not sure where to get best price now. But, would still be very happy with it had I paid the $64 list for it. FWIW I also picked up a small (1 1/2") 2 piece on sale for travel. Have only ground 1 load in it for testing, but seems nice also. Anxious to see how it compares to the Mendo 1 1/2" when I have time to compare.

"... grinds better than SCS 2 piece ?" Don't think it is easy or fair to compare any multi-stage (even a 3 piece) to a 2 piece. With any that use a grinder surface of any type with holes that let your material fall through, the size and fineness of your grind is largely determined by the size of the holes and grinder engineering and tooth layout. In other words, if you're using it as designed (not flipping it over, dumping before fully ground and whatnot) your grind will be pretty consistent with slight variations depending on strain and moisture content.

With a 2 piece, the material stays in contact with grinder teeth as long as you grind until you dump. There is no place for the material to go during grinding, so more time in grinder will produce a finer grind (less time = less fine grind). With most, you can give one quick twist to just kind of tear the material up, or you can keep grinding to nearly dust (if material dry enough). It usually takes a little time and practice to grind to desired consistency without checking it constantly through the grinding process.

IMO a comparison of the two in practical use by different people is an apples vs oranges kind of thing.

Last edited:

Southern Chef

Pretty sure that's it. I like my solid body, I think it's probably easier to clean than the acrylic or whatever plastic they use. It won't be ISO safe more than likely, and although they don't recommend using ISO to clean Kannastor grinders, I use 99% and never have had any issues...it already has scratches and some marks so i'm not too OCD about it. Great grinder, especially when squeeky clean.... I never ever use my fine grind plate. I find it takes an effort to get the material through those tiny holes, but properly dried meds makes it possible. I think the regular (coarser) plate has pretty much the ideal consistency for my preferences, and it's not much coarser than what the fine plate can produce IMO. I'd say medium consistency.

Awesome. Thanks for the quick and detailed response. I was hoping that it was glass.

biohacker

I could be wrong, but I would be very surprised if it was glass. I swore a member or two here owned one, maybe they can chime in? Otherwise a quick phone call or email should put this beast to rest. I would have bought it if it was glass...guess I just assumed and didn't fully do my research.

biohacker,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

matthend

after owning my space case 4pc just over two years and grinding at least a few grams daily, I was disappointed to find that I barely had a (maybe) 1mm covering of kief in the chamber. It seems that the larger resin heads do clog the hell out of the screen. I brushed it clean with the little mflb brush and there was a lot stuck there, especially on the bottom side. I can now see through it when holding it up to a light, so it looks like i need to be more vigilant in cleaning it regularly in the future. Just an FYI for other space case owners.

edit: adding pic for reference. The pile in the middle is from the underside of the screen.
KBmFWRY.jpg

Last edited:

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
I could be wrong, but I would be very surprised if it was glass. I swore a member or two here owned one, maybe they can chime in? Otherwise a quick phone call or email should put this beast to rest. I would have bought it if it was glass...guess I just assumed and didn't fully do my research.
Definitely Acrylic. Don't get isopropyl alcohol on it.
My jar gr8tr came apart at the seam where the threads meet the plastic and Kannastor replaced it with a solid body.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
As @Winegums said above, a small brush is key for any grinder (2 pc or multi stage). I use a small flat end paint brush. Just watch out for loose bristles so you don't vape them if they fall out! Use a brush at least a few times a week and only have a bristle drop a couple times a year.

A brush is great to sweep out the bits that get caught along the edge of grinder teeth, and is essential to clean screen so resin heads will continue to fall through. ISO screen cleaning (at least!) is also necessary for good kief collection. If the screen is tighter (smaller holes) it will usually provide best kief with fewer green bits in it, but will require more cleaning or get clogged.

@matthend, did you ever do a good ISO clean of your screen over the 2 years? If not, that is probably the problem. I have a cheap Sharpstone (or something) 4 pc that seems to have a good sized screen. Nice amber colored resin heads collect easily, with almost no green bits at all. I sweep with the brush after I empty the screen and clean with ISO and toothbrush a couple times a year. Suspect I lose a little that is stuck to the screen with cleaning, but IMO not worth an ISO reclaim soak. Rinse, dry and back to like new kief catching in no time.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Replaceable/removable kief-catcher screens in the Super Weapon II.

I'd be afraid to brush it with a mflb brush or something similar bc it seems like it'd just shoot the stuff everywhere

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Replaceable/removable kief-catcher screens in the Super Weapon II.

I'd be afraid to brush it with a mflb brush or something similar bc it seems like it'd just shoot the stuff everywhere

Yeah, that looks interesting with the SW2. Would definitely be a contender for me if I was looking for something to catch kief. But, I tend to prefer to leave the kief in the mix and vape it as I go. My 4 pc is at my girlfriend's house and gets much less use. Actually is there because it was my backup grinder a couple years ago when I went to SC 2 pc, and easier for her to deal with as I just leave ground material on the screen for her. It is nice to throw some kief on top of a load for a kick, but I gave up creating kief pucks.

Not too hard to clean with a brush at all. Just keep it close to your tray (or whatever you're catching the crumbs in) and use short "scraping" strokes. Know you just got your SW2, but you're going to need to clean sooner or later - sooner if sticky nugs are going through it. No matter what screen you have or how easy it is to switch or clean, you're still going to have bits caught in the grinding area that get pushed out to the sides and don't fall through. This is a regular problem even when using a 2 pc and dumping both sides of the grinder every time. You can sacrifice all that when you clean with ISO (or reclaim), or you can get it out first. Scraping with a toothpick or something will definitely throw more pieces further, and not a good idea to use anything metal. I've found a nice stiff, small paintbrush has been the best tool to recover these bits. Please let us know if you find something better!

Top Bottom