Herb Grinders

Copied this from the 420 deals thread in case y'all not reading that one:

=================
25% off Kannastor, and includes free t-shirt (include size in order comments)
Code: HAPPY420
=================

Just picked up a GR8TR full body ($67) and a classy little 14mm pollen press. The press has tolerances to 1/1000th of an inch and uses aluminum dowels so you can conduct heat to the puck while you press it. Should be a sweet pair!

Just picked one up! Thanks for the heads up!

Can't wait to try this out

PoopMachine

Im not exactly sure why but a DreamPeace grinder showed up in my mailbox earlier this week. I canceled my order and they refunded me. I dont know if the guy sent me a unit because I told him I was planning to review it or what but either way, props to them. Im going to take some pictures before I dirty it up. Its a very unique design and seems very well made. Im glad I just got a GR8TR so I have something to compare it to.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
2g?! Wow! lol I don't think i'd ever grind more than .5g at a time, and more than likely .25g, hope that is enough for a successful grind? With my crank 4 piece, if I put in small amounts it's nearly sometimes useless.

I could not say TBH as the minimum I tend to grind is 1g but more like 1.5-2g. As I said though I am hard on my equipment. I ground up 1g yesterday for a cocktail with my main stash & the SLX really ripped it up in double quick time :).

I believe the bottom of the puck can be used in place of the herb chamber to grind right into the puck.

I am going to try placing the pucks lid on top of the herb chamber after grinding, as a hassle free way of transferring the grind to the puck without giving up the sifting screen and keif chamber.

Sounds like a good idea to me :2c:.

subway13029

Ok so I caved and ordered the gr8tr with the jar..paid 75 on eBay from I'm pretty sure ezvapes..I had some eBay bucks so made the purchase..I have like 25 grinders..the main 4 piece I use is my scs which does the job but my screen gets clogged easily and stops letting Kief through?? And I have a saber tooth 4 piece that he really odd teeth and doesn't grind well but the screen much better than my scs..and I have tons of metal ones from randy and many s and b plastic ones..and I have the load x floermate one but its for filling the pods..hoping the gr8tr won't clog like my scs because that was big disappointment..

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
Unless you have a really open screen I think they all tend to clog up to some extent.
When I get to the end of my ground material I usually either strum the filaments of the screen with a pin or use a brush from my Mighty to clear it.

Mulehead

Ok so I caved and ordered the gr8tr with the jar..paid 75 on eBay from I'm pretty sure ezvapes..I had some eBay bucks so made the purchase..I have like 25 grinders..the main 4 piece I use is my scs which does the job but my screen gets clogged easily and stops letting Kief through?? And I have a saber tooth 4 piece that he really odd teeth and doesn't grind well but the screen much better than my scs..and I have tons of metal ones from randy and many s and b plastic ones..and I have the load x floermate one but its for filling the pods..hoping the gr8tr won't clog like my scs because that was big disappointment..

I hope for your case brother that it does clog!

If your grinder screens don't get covered by all those delicious sticky trichomes, then the product that you're starting off with is shit.
Or your screen is too big and lets in too much veg.

IMO Screens are screens, unless a manufacturer starts coating them, we'll all have to keep brushing them to keep them clean.
Or stop using the sticky icky product.
The latter is not an option for me.

I think you'll dig the fine grater blade for your MV though.
The fine fluffy grind makes for very cloudy first hits.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
If your grinder screens don't get covered by all those delicious sticky trichomes, then the product that you're starting off with is shit.
Or your screen is too big and lets in too much veg.
Not true at all.

Depending on the trichome head size too fine of a screen can get clogged very quickly and not let any trichomes through. Doesn't have to do with the quality at all and more so trichome vs screen size.

The screen on my Space case does not allow anything from my pink Kush to fall through. Yet I can drop in some XJ-13 and it drops tons of kief. When examined under magnification you can see that the pink Kush trichomes were plugging each screen hole effectively.

Mulehead

Not true at all.

Depending on the trichome head size too fine of a screen can get clogged very quickly and not let any trichomes through. Doesn't have to do with the quality at all and more so trichome vs screen size.

The screen on my Space case does not allow anything from my pink Kush to fall through. Yet I can drop in some XJ-13 and it drops tons of kief. When examined under magnification you can see that the pink Kush trichomes were plugging each screen hole effectively.

I agree, but all screens will eventually get clogged, which was my point.
We're using very sticky material that sticks to metal, all metal that manufacturers have tried so far anyway.
Even a bigger screen size that lets particulates through will eventually get clogged up.
You should be able to see this develop under magnification as well.
I understand that trichome sizes vary.
But trying different grinder manufacturers screens at this time won't IMO have different results, we still need to brush em out from time to time or they will clog over time, be it your SC, subways SCS, or the Gr8tr.

subway13029

Oh I agree with ya and I do clean them and all that. It just seems the scs gets really clogged fast..faster than any others but it does grind fairly good..just had to get something new..when I need a finer grind I'm using the scs and the finishing grinder or my two piece..trying to simplify the process..

Mulehead

Oh I agree with ya and I do clean them and all that. It just seems the scs gets really clogged fast..faster than any others but it does grind fairly good..just had to get something new..when I need a finer grind I'm using the scs and the finishing grinder or my two piece..trying to simplify the process..

I think you'll be more than happy with the gr8tr's grind.
It really does seem to help give up more goods with increased vapor production in all of my vapes.
My stem style vapes also seem to get clogged quicker using the fine grind.
Guess we gotta take the good with the bad?
But the screen on mine is pretty clogged as we speak.:tup:

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts after trying it.

Mulehead,
Reactions: Vaponly

little maggie

Does anyone know where I can get a cosmic small grinder. I just cancelled my ezvape order after waiting over a month and was going to buy one at Amazon. But they use ezvape. I don't actually need a new grinder since I use the gr8tr and SCS. It's just GAS and if I can't find one I'll live without it.

°k

The sound of vapor
Does anyone know where I can get a cosmic small grinder. I just cancelled my ezvape order after waiting over a month and was going to buy one at Amazon. But they use ezvape. I don't actually need a new grinder since I use the gr8tr and SCS. It's just GAS and if I can't find one I'll live without it.
Hi @little maggie, I'm that little voice of reason inside your head. Live without it, if you don't need it don't get it and use the money for something more... useful? meaningful? enjoyabul?

subway13029

@little maggie what order did you cancel? You already have a gr8tr?was the order you canceled for a small cosmic?i thought ezvapes was only behind on shipping the gr8tr?

subway13029,

little maggie

@little maggie what order did you cancel? You already have a gr8tr?was the order you canceled for a small cosmic?i thought ezvapes was only behind on shipping the gr8tr?
No. I ordered the cosmic in March before the 420 sale. At least they called- twice- to tell me it would be another week but it's been far more than that. I've had my gr8tr for a while. I think I bought it at Amazon but not through EZVapes.

little maggie,

Dramma Lamma

Looks like a job for!
Don’t attack products or companies. You can post your opinion, and you can criticize, but posts written to offend are not allowed.
I have to say this somewhere:

I was treated like garbage, actually the worst I've ever been treated by any customer service EVER by Santa Cruz Shredders.

The Following is a record of how my recent transaction with them went:
  1. Place and receive an order for a 3 peice SCS.
  2. Receive this with very minor damage on the threading.
  3. E-mail and explain the damage and include a picture, I then explained its just WAY WAY below the quality control on the other SCS I have.
  4. 5 full business days of the 30 day long exchange policy passes and I have no e-mail response.
  5. The next Monday (around 9 days in now) I call in and ask politely "hey did you guys get my e-mail? seems i got forgotten." The response the guy who answered the phone replies "we get over a hundred e-mails per day, just wait" CLICK then hangs up immediately.
  6. I re send E-mail and wait another long ass while
  7. Re-send the e-mail a third time and still no response.
  8. Call in, get the machine and leave a message with all of the details in the E-mail.
  9. It's now on the last 5 days of the 30 day policy and I once again call in and ask as politely as I can WTF is going on here, once again the response is "we get a lot of emails" click and this time it was basically screaming at me in a super angry tone.
  10. I gave up returning or exchanging my damaged product.

Fuck thees people with a rusty spike, dealing with the Chinese VIA Ebay and DHgate is a complete joy in comparison to how this one went.

FUCK YOU SCS, never buying your shit again.

Has anybody who ordered a GR8TR from kannestor during the 420 sale gotten their shipping email? I placed my order on 4/21, but no shipping email yet. They're probably rammed with orders. Just curious as to everyone else's situation

BurtBigMacklin,
mine already arrived if that helps :2c:

Thanks for the reply. It gives me some sort reference point.

I didn't expect to get mine that quick as I'm in Canada.

I shot them an email in the morning and am just waiting for a reply.

On a side note, I was so excited to find out about the sale that I did not read about the free t shirt included and didn't write to tell them a size. Oh well! It's all about that beautiful GR8TR. :brow:

howie105

Im not exactly sure why but a DreamPeace grinder showed up in my mailbox earlier this week. I canceled my order and they refunded me. I dont know if the guy sent me a unit because I told him I was planning to review it or what but either way, props to them. Im going to take some pictures before I dirty it up. Its a very unique design and seems very well made. Im glad I just got a GR8TR so I have something to compare it to.

So are you going top send them their money or take advantage of a mistake?

howie105,

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Has anybody who ordered a GR8TR from kannestor during the 420 sale gotten their shipping email? I placed my order on 4/21, but no shipping email yet. They're probably rammed with orders. Just curious as to everyone else's situation
They recieved their next shipment from Kannastor this week and I was first on the list to ship. I have no idea how many are on the waiting list after me but it sounded considerable.

It could be a while before you see your GR8TR from EZvapes. Don't expect any emails or calls to be returned. Their customer service is shitty.

They recieved their next shipment from Kannastor this week and I was first on the list to ship. I have no idea how many are on the waiting list after me but it sounded considerable.

It could be a while before you see your GR8TR from EZvapes. Don't expect any emails or calls to be returned. Their customer service is shitty.

I bought mine directly from Kannastor

BurtBigMacklin,
Reactions: Winegums
Top Bottom