Herb Grinders

CalyxSmokr

loving the gr8tr. easy and fun to use.
Although there is a lot of surface area to get trichs hung up on the inside. And does not work well as a 3 piece grinder - it really might as well have a screen because of the way it is built.
Anybody use these pucks for wax? I was planning to but it seems like it will stick. I thought about a Chico from jyarz but that says not so good with very sticky concentrates. I hate the way wiping shatter off a dabber can send the glob flying across the room when you do it on a flexible silicone container edge.

CalyxSmokr,
Reactions: Vaponly

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Just uploaded some collection pics to imgur from a recent scs purchase... new style teeth and pattern combined with older fine screen. Results are nice, but I'm about to start anesthesia and links to photos will have to wait till i wake up on the other side....

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I had previously asked FC how does one choose when it is time to collect their pollen.
I collect when it gets to about this level:

ypL9EjW.jpg
NwN69Bh.jpg

I still think the concave collection chamber is a design flaw, but overall not a deal breaker and I really like what I am seeing (though it is slightly coarser than my old SCS).

subway13029

Ok I just got the gr8tr and its so much smaller in diameter than I though..it's not tiny but I was looking for lil bigger..maybe not quite phone in size..I wonder how big the lift clipper is? But my main question with the gr8tr is how do you fit the extra grinder plate and screen in the black lid that says screen and plate storage?? Or I it just for one or other?? It says and so I figured both..lol

subway13029

Yeah mine had a sticker on the box that said extra screen inside..I bought off eBay from ezdeals which I think is ezvapes..75.00 free shipping..I guess that wasn't bad for the jar version?

Yeah mine had a sticker on the box that said extra screen inside..I bought off eBay from ezdeals which I think is ezvapes..75.00 free shipping..I guess that wasn't bad for the jar version?

I got my gr8tr on friday and it also has the sticker on it. I tried putting the extra screen and coarse grind teeth in the storage lid, but it doesn't close. I guess you can only fit one

BurtBigMacklin,
Reactions: Vaponly

subway13029

Cool deal figured that I tried every which way..lol..but on another note it grinds my flowers so nice and they vape so well..I need to figured out all the different ways to connect and disconnect to use as storage and so forth..

gaseous_clay

Decided on getting a new grinder & found myself buying a matte black jumbo Santa Cruz Shredder.

This thing is massive!

I bought it because I was down to 1 grinder & it needs a bath. Time to switch.

I think this may become my main grinder. Space Case (medium) is nice, but this is another level. SC just became the backup!

Last edited:

subway13029

Thanks!! @Hyphy i cannot belief how much better this grinds compared to my scs 4 piece..the 4 piece scs is the gun metal and it is so smooth to turn but not a even grind..very chunky and I don't like going upside down but it's nice and big..

Mulehead

Thanks!! @Hyphy i cannot belief how much better this grinds compared to my scs 4 piece..the 4 piece scs is the gun metal and it is so smooth to turn but not a even grind..very chunky and I don't like going upside down but it's nice and big..

I thought you would dig the consistent grind Subway.
Are you seeing any difference on first hits with MV, or any of your line up?

Mulehead,

subway13029

@Mulehead its almost crazy how all of my vapes seem to be hitting better and taste doesnt seem to suffer. I love when i grind and it makes my flower so fluffy it feels like it is growing..like kinetic sand..lol..my mflb is like that but way too much effort to grind once then put in the small finishing grinder..i have big hands so it makes it tougher to use smaller ones..i just got teflon core mv back from @stickstones (who is the man) ive got the glass core as well but i was getting my lids fixed so today will mv day ALL DAY!!im sure if my other vapes are any indicator then the grind from the gr8tr will make it a cloudy day!!

Mulehead

its almost crazy how all of my vapes seem to be hitting better and taste doesnt seem to suffer. I love when i grind and it makes my flower so fluffy it feels like it is growing..like kinetic sand

Yep, yep. Who'd a thunk a grinder/accessory could do this?

Hope you enjoy your TCMV today!!

George1151

As I said earlier I am now using my gr8tr jar grinder as a 3 piece without the jar and the kief screen. It took me a few minutes t figure out how to insert the extra screen inside the top piece (black). I think it was from the Kannastor video that I figured it it. Surprisingly comes with no instructions, and mine didn't have a sticker either.

I definitely get significantly bigger clouds with the gr8tr with fine screen. Still getting particles inhaled using Haze and silicone lids and cans.

creationdivine

You can order one now from their site, but it is still in the preorder stage.

The last email I received from them explained that their Indiegogo campaign received way more backing than expected with over 600% funding. I haven't found many other people talking about it online though. I'll be sure to post an extensive review on it once I get this beauty in my hands.

Grinder_exploded-01_large.jpg

Hyphy

Interesting that they decided to make the screen and retainer as separate pieces; I think I'd prefer it as one piece, but maybe 2 piece is easier to clean :shrug:. Otherwise, I'm curious to see how it performs. It's definitely a new approach to grinding.

Hyphy,
Top Bottom