Herb Grinders

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I can see that blade bending when you put a tight nug in there. There is another grinder kind of like that on the market. It lasted two days for me before the blade bent.

it looks like it will bend

Have either of you looked at how the Lift/Clipper works? There may be 4 blades but it is designed so only 1 blade is able to cut at a time & the blade looks at least 1mm thick. I get a funny feeling it will be the Lift 3 piece or the GR8TR 3 piece that will get me to spend money on a new grinder.

Smelly Dog

I use the gr8tr 4 piece as a 3 piece. With the 4 piece you get the extra shredding plate (coarse) which is good to have.

This^

You can make the full size solid or clear body GR8TR into a compact 3pc GR8TR, you get two grinding plates with the full size solid or clear body GR8TR too.

The trick is finding the full size solid or clear body GR8TR on sale to where it almost costs close to what the 3pc GR8TR vape costs, that's how I bought my solid body GR8TR.
I haven't made my GR8TR into a 3pc yet, if I take it on a vacation or camping trip I'll make it a 3pc for portability when the time comes.

I really love my GR8TR, I still have love for my 3pc SCS too, my SCS now only gets used when my combustion buddies come around and roll joints, they like the fluffy grind the SCS gives.:)

Smelly Dog,
Reactions: Vaponly

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Can yall post some side by side pics of the gr8 vs SCS (using a fine, upside-down grind please)?

There has been plenty said about the two, but the proof is in the pictures...

I love my fluff!

bobbylite

Update from "the clipper"

Hi Backers!

Production has commenced and a few things need to happen before shipping your order.

Here's a quick rundown:

We need to confirm your shipping address since some of you have moved. If you ordered a personalized case, we have to find out what you want engraved on your case, and which colour grinder you would prefer. You can also upgrade your order or add-on items to your order before we ship. We will send out a BackerKit survey within 3 business days to collect this information.

You will not need to create a BackerKit account to answer your survey. The invitation email will contain a link to your personal survey. It is important to submit your responses as quickly as you can since we need this information to process your rewards.

If you need to change your survey responses, add or remove add-ons, or update your shipping information, you can click on the link in your survey email again or request your survey link under "Lost your survey?" on our BackerKit project page. (This page will only start working after we send the surveys).

If you prefer, you can just message me and give me your information, but answering your survey will help us get your rewards out to you easier.

If you used Facebook to log into your Indiegogo account, the BackerKit survey link will be sent to the email you used for your Facebook account. If you have another email address that you'd prefer to use, please message me.

A detailed production and shipping update is on it's way!

If I haven't answered your email yet it's because they are coming in faster than I can answer them. We are currently hiring a customer relations position so your questions, concerns, and requests are answered quickly and effectively.

Thanks for all your support. We can’t wait to send you your grinder!

- Team Lift

bobbylite

Update "the clipper"

High Backers!

We want to bring you up to speed with everything that has been happening with production over the last few weeks.

There are a total of 15 parts that make up the Lift Innovations grinder, not including additional accessories and packaging. These parts include the aluminum body, stainless steel internal components, a magnet, and food-safe, friction-reducing, plastic pieces.

blocked

After testing the machining and anodizing quality of multiple different types of aluminum, we ordered 4500 lbs of the best stuff and got prepared to start machining as soon as it got in. We received our first batch of material only to find out that the wrong size was sent to us, which pushed us back about 3 weeks.

While we waited for the correct material to show up, we confirmed all other parts would be successfully fabricated in time for assembly and that our machines were set up and functioning.

We recently installed our vibratory tumbler, which will de-burr the stainless steel components and make them smooth and shiny. We have tested the machine and are perfecting it's process in our production line. We also received equipment to wash and sanitize all parts before assembling the grinder.

The correct size of aluminum has been successfully delivered and our machining partners commenced one more round of testing, making 100% sure that the finished product will be perfect. We recently made some slight, detailed improvements to the threads before starting to produce thousands. We also solved the inconsistencies in our anodizing so the finish will look better than ever!

We are still expecting to start shipping before the end of the month. The status of production is constantly changing, as one single factor can easily shift production ahead, or behind our expectations. We are making production decisions that will only improve the quality, whereas rushing the development process will only leave us cutting corners.

While we deal with all the challenges and hurdles we will make sure to update you each step of the way. I apologize for not sending out more frequent updates and have made it a goal to send out at least one a week.

Feel free to reply to this email if you have any questions and I'll do my best to answer ASAP. We're in the process of hiring some positive, hard working people so we can answer your emails a lot faster. Thank you for your patience!

As always, we are grateful for your support and are excited to send you a product that you helped bring to life.

-Jesse and Team Lift

bobbylite,
Reactions: Stevenski

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
No idea why they would send an email explaining delays. They should have a FAQ on their website to address any concerns.

Stevenski,
Reactions: bobbylite

bobbylite

Update "the clipper"

BackerKit surveys are coming!
You will receive an email with a special link to BackerKit surveys today or tomorrow. It is important to respond to your survey as quickly as you can since we need this information for fulfilling your rewards.

You do not need to create a BackerKit account to fill out your survey, just click on the survey link, fill it out, and you’re all good to go! You will be able to answer questions about your rewards preferences, provide shipping information, and pledge for more “add-ons” if you'd like. You do not have access to this survey link yet, but it will be available soon via email!

If you decide later that you want to edit your survey response, you can go back to your survey and change it any time before we lock down the surveys for processing.

If you need to review your information or pledge status, you will be able to recover your survey here: lift-innovations.backerkit.com.

If you use your Facebook login for your Indiegogo account, the BackerKit survey will be sent to the email you used for your Facebook account.

Talk to you soon!

Jesse and Team Lift

bobbylite,

gaseous_clay

I wish SCS made a small 3-piece. Seems odd to me they make a small 4-piece, but not the 3. Seems like this would be a perfect little travel grinder.

gaseous_clay,

HurdyDurpy

So, I got my SLX a couple weeks ago, and had barely used it a day and the ceramic that was on the outer part of the top piece and the inner part of the middle piece started shedding off while grinding. It made a squeaking noise. After being able to look at it, it was noticeable that the ceramic was coming off. I inquired SLX about this, and they sent those two pieces back to me, free of charge, on 2-day priority. That was nice. However, this pair did the same exact thing. I was informed that it would not be a health concern and that it would not be a problem.

Couple weeks later, I still run a wet cotton swab on the affected areas (softly) to grab whatever ceramic wants to come off. I've started to furiously grind the pieces without any material inside so I could get most of the shedding out of they way, and get back to using it without a worry.

All in all, the grinder doesn't seem to be worth the asking price. This may change, though, since it has the potential to last a really long time. One last thought: The grind on it is perfect, and it seems the screen lets a bit too much through.

DrHermman

Hi guys!

Just wanted to pass by and tell you all I finally purchased a GR8TR... It's my first "good grinder" (read non-plasticky shitty grinder :lol:) and I chose it because of all the good info you guys posted a while back about it... and I got to say I am reaally happy with it!!!! So thank you all!!! :clap::love:

I've only run a couple g's thru it, but I gotta say I love the way it feels in hand, seems it will last a lifetime... and although my material is not very well cured, both grinder plates work great. I am using the coarser plate now, because of the extra humidity of my mj it's just a little bit faster to get all thru and my vaporgenie does a good job with it. I still got to try more thoroughly the finer plate, when I get a more suitable material :science:.
The kief catcher is working pretty nice too, but still haven't harvested it... Just saving it for the sad days ;)

I got it from grasscity, they sent it to Spain really fast and without any shipping cost nor import fees, which I like :razz:.
All in all, I think it's a great buy! So thanks for all the tips!
Peace!

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
So, I got my SLX a couple weeks ago, and had barely used it a day and the ceramic that was on the outer part of the top piece and the inner part of the middle piece started shedding off while grinding. It made a squeaking noise. After being able to look at it, it was noticeable that the ceramic was coming off. I inquired SLX about this, and they sent those two pieces back to me, free of charge, on 2-day priority. That was nice. However, this pair did the same exact thing. I was informed that it would not be a health concern and that it would not be a problem.

Couple weeks later, I still run a wet cotton swab on the affected areas (softly) to grab whatever ceramic wants to come off. I've started to furiously grind the pieces without any material inside so I could get most of the shedding out of they way, and get back to using it without a worry.

All in all, the grinder doesn't seem to be worth the asking price. This may change, though, since it has the potential to last a really long time. One last thought: The grind on it is perfect, and it seems the screen lets a bit too much through.

That is interesting indeed. My SLX was cleaned thoroughly with Iso before use & whilst it does have small scratches/wear where the top & middle rub together they are outside the herb area so I am not concerned. I have put somewhere around 7-8oz through it since January & this feels like it is really made to last. I have cleaned it twice so far & the time between cleans is pretty fucking remarkable as is the grind. Hopefully your user experience improves but FWIW I use it daily & love it.

Aimless Ryan

Came to read about grinders; fucked combustion
I don't think I have said anything in this thread for a while. Probably won't have much or anything to say for a while to come yet, either. All my grinders and vapes were taken from me during an illegal search executed only a couple hours after I broke my leg in half. I don't know how the break happened. I was just in front of my sink, and then my legs started sliding apart. Next thing I know I'm on the floor with a gruesomely broken leg.

For those of you familiar with my posts in this thread, I have decided to share this video, which I made a few hours ago (during which I talk about grinders a little bit). Thankfully underdog and underdogette were kind enough to replace the dog I had bought from them only a few weeks prior to my injury. I still have some grinders, but all my good ones were taken. Since I have to start over, maybe eventually I'll get a GR8TER. For now, though, I have to use a PIU grinder.

HurdyDurpy

That is interesting indeed. My SLX was cleaned thoroughly with Iso before use & whilst it does have small scratches/wear where the top & middle rub together they are outside the herb area so I am not concerned. I have put somewhere around 7-8oz through it since January & this feels like it is really made to last. I have cleaned it twice so far & the time between cleans is pretty fucking remarkable as is the grind. Hopefully your user experience improves but FWIW I use it daily & love it.

Yeah, I'm not concerned about it, either, because, as you said, it is outside the herb area. Just reportin'. After cleaning it a couple of times, less is coming off. BTW, my second set was 'shedding' much less than the first.

EDIT: Aimless Ryan, I just read about what happened. I'm so sorry that happened to you, and that you were abused in such a way.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Yeah, I'm not concerned about it, either, because, as you said, it is outside the herb area. Just reportin'. After cleaning it a couple of times, less is coming off. BTW, my second set was 'shedding' much less than the first.

Well that makes two of us that are unconcerned :2c:. I tend to grind on a 45 degree angle these days to get a nice consistent grind for vaping & I am a fan of the 50/50 weight distribution between the top & the bottom 3 sections.

Stevenski,

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
Received my GR8TR Jar Grinder (window version) Saturday. Found it for $68 free shipping so it was a no brainer. Right off the bat I sliced my finger on one of the cutting teeth. Damn they are sharp.
I had pulled some bud out of a jar that was at 62% humidity and let it dry overnight. I broke it up into the GR8TR and made sure the little buds were arranged away from the magnet in the center. I used the fine grind blade. The coarse grind blade is stored in the top cap. The twisting during grinding is like gliding on ice. No effort whatsoever. The result was a really nice fluffy fine grind that the Volcano loved.
Granted this 4 piece is overkill as who needs four pieces? :) But you can break it down if you prefer a shorter version.
I highly recommend this unit.

An entertaining video review:

Silat,

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I'm still waiting for my gr8tr to arrive. It says it shipped but that was weeks ago and there hasn't even been a tracking update on the USPS site. I'm tempted to just order straight from Kannastor to avoid future issues with third party suppliers. If the original one arrives I will hold on to it for a gift to a friend.

You guys are making my space case sound pretty sad versus the GR8TR.

Winegums,
Top Bottom