Herb Grinders

Dallas22

I found a salt shaker sized glass twist-top container for my keif. It also has a cap on the inside which seals it pretty tight but has the twist top cap to make sure. It cost me only $1.00 at the local Bed, Bath & Beyond store and seems to be a good way to store it... only problem is getting it all out - any ideas? :D

Dallas22,

max

Out to lunch
ILoveRadiohead! said:
Hmm I might check out a few local grocery stores and check out the jam section. I've been using baby food jars for storing dry bud and was thinking about using one of those for kief but I think it still would verge on the largish side (even though overall is a pretty small jar - 2.5 oz maybe).
I've looked at baby food jars too. The smallest size is indeed 2.5 oz., which is unappealing next to the 1 oz. d'arbo jar I have. The Gerber brand jar we have (storing buttons), also sucks for screwing the top on. I think I'm gonna order a couple of the 1 oz. jars of jam or whatever from minimus.biz. $8.50 for a couple of nice kief jars isn't too bad, considering the scarcity of containers this size.

max,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Do you guys ever use your grinder as a container for your shredded herb? I have been and I noticed I haven't been getting much kief lately. Am I clogging the screens when I do this?

stonemonkey55,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
stonemonkey55 said:
Do you guys ever use your grinder as a container for your shredded herb? I have been and I noticed I haven't been getting much kief lately. Am I clogging the screens when I do this?
possibly yes..and making the keif greener as well i bet

just my :2c: tho'

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
sm55, ime, the MixNBall screen clogs easily regardless. Mine sits in my stash drawer now and only comes out if I am grinding up under .25 grams. Storing your shredded herb in the storage compartment shouldn't cause any problem, nor make your kief greener but yes, it will clog your screen faster I suppose.

After grinding I like to dump my herb in the Billy Bowl. :)

SpiralArchitect,

ILoveRadiohead!

stonemonkey55 said:
After grinding with the mix'n'ball I knock the grinding parts and the screen section hard on a piece of paper and then funnel that into a baby food jar. Seems to keep the grinder very clean and kief production consistent. The metal is tough so you can tap it pretty hard on any flat surface to clean it without any worry of denting something. I imagine doing that regimen combined with an ISO wash once every month or two would keep any grinder in top shape.

max said:
I've looked at baby food jars too. The smallest size is indeed 2.5 oz., which is unappealing next to the 1 oz. d'arbo jar I have. The Gerber brand jar we have (storing buttons), also sucks for screwing the top on.
I do like keeping my ground herb in a baby food jar but even that is pretty big since I only ground up a couple days worth at a time. Storing it in a those jars do keep a lot of the aroma locked in though. The tops can be a pain in the ass but I found that pressing the top down a bit while leveled makes the operation much easier. Still the best use imo for the baby food jars is just to divide up a stash for storage...just toss them in a cool cupboard and they stay fresh for a long time.

max said:
I think I'm gonna order a couple of the 1 oz. jars of jam or whatever from minimus.biz. $8.50 for a couple of nice kief jars isn't too bad, considering the scarcity of containers this size.
I'm inclined to do this as well if I cant locate those jars at a local store. Seems great for kief and ground herb storage to me.

ILoveRadiohead!,

hazy

combustion fucker
Manufacturer
Got my MNB 2-piece the other day from hydroponicsfast on ebay. Shipping time was reasonable, not particularly quick, and the item was very slightly damaged in transit, but nothing to worry about.

This is my first grinder, and I was surprised at how weak the magnets are, as noted by others. I'm not sure if I like the idea of them being on the side. I think I would prefer a single strong magnet in the centre. The screeching of the surfaces rubbing against each other was a worry at first, but it seemed to go away after actually grinding some weed. There was also this weird flinty smell which seems to be masked by the smell of the weed now, but I can still detect it if I try.

Other than that, it seems to do a good job of grinding, so I'll see how it holds up in the months ahead.

hazy,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
might need to soak that thing in iso... :shrug: could get rid of some of the factory workings on it ya never kno...oh yeah and if u do that..dont save and vape the iso wash. thats what were tryint to avoid here

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

hazy

combustion fucker
Manufacturer
I already scrubbed it with a toothbrush before using it ;)

hazy,

max

Out to lunch
I was surprised at how weak the magnets are
Were you also surprised at the easier loading, since there's no large magnet in the center? ;) Personally, I like the advantage this design provides. I'm not in the habit of picking a grinder up by the top anyway.

There was also this weird flinty smell
I've never noticed a smell. The anodized coating doesn't wear with grinding.

max,

ILoveRadiohead!

I found a good solution for storing kief or ground up herb right in my kitchen!

Saffron is sold in these tiny apothecary style jars from Trader Joes and they seem fit the bill nicely.

They have a mouth almost as wide as the body and seem to hold about 1 to 1.5 g as opposed to the 2.5 g baby food jars with the finicky lids.

IMG_1562.jpg

A view from the top without the cork, Bottom is stamped "Made in Spain".

IMG_1563.jpg

ILoveRadiohead!,

jx80

Anyone know where to get the new chromium crushers? Looks like the chromiumcrusheroutlet has been pulled.

jx80,

max

Out to lunch
jx80 said:
Anyone know where to get the new chromium crushers? Looks like the chromiumcrusheroutlet has been pulled.
That's weird. eBay still has the best prices. This place has the CNC models-$8 more than I paid for the 2.2" CNC, but you do get a 3 yr. warranty. http://www.vaporizerdealer.com/collections/chromium-crusher

I found a good solution for storing kief or ground up herb right in my kitchen!
Looks good. Can't beat the price. :lol:

max,

jx80

Yeah it is weird, I wander what happened that made ebay close the store and pull all the listings.

jx80,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
Wow. 22 working days (01/15-02/13) and no Space Case delivered as of yet. I'm pretty sure that Grateful Buys can afford to offer the lowest prices on SC grinders only because they deliver said grinders by strapping them to a 5 year old on a big wheel and telling him to "peddle like heck in that direction". I think that even if they'd tied it to a pigeon and just released that bugger in my general direction it might actually be here by now.

:horse:

partially veiled,

Ben

partially veiled said:
(...)by strapping them to a 5 year old on a big wheel and telling him to "peddle like heck in that direction". I think that even if they'd tied it to a pigeon and just released that bugger in my general direction it might actually be here by now.
I do feel sorry about your misadventure but you made me laugh a veeeery long time with this sentence! :lol::lol:;)

Ben,

max

Out to lunch
I also bought from Gratefulbuys pv, and mine took 17 days to go coast to coast-much longer than it should have. I think the PO lets parcel post packages sit in a warehouse for a week just to punish people for being too cheap to use 1st Class shipping. :/ I think yours may also be slow to arrive due to crossing the border. OTOH Gratefulbuys has excellent customer service and if you have any problems, they'll do you right.

max,

songa

hey guys, i just ordered a double screen v.2 from mixnball.com. im very curious about MNB's new design as its something never seen in grinders. I previously have owned a sharpstone and an aluminum space case and a titanium space case, so im excited for something new.

my main question right now is....can anyone confirm that mixnball.com is in fact a legit store to order from? i ordered from them last week, but they did not provide me with a tracking # as promised, AND in one of their emails they gave me a fake email address (called "dummyemail@magentocommerce.com") and a fake phone # (555-555-0123). I talked to a guy named "Dan" from their online chat service and he told me that that phone # is for a new office they just bought............are you serious??? he straight up told me 555-555-0123 is a LEGIT phone #. i called it up, and got an error. why did he lie to my face? also, some of the pages in the links in the emails he sent no longer existed anymore.

wtf??? whats going on here. this seems extremely shady so far. can anybody confirm that mixnball.com is legit? also, how long does it take for them to ship to you? max, i noticed you seem to be pretty knowledgeable with MNB. do you have any insight on this situation here??

any help appreciated, thanks!

songa,

songa

i paid by paypal so i guess i could...but something still tells me this guy mite be legit. I left a message on the answermachine and he called me back. he said hed get me the trackinginfo but still hasnt....i dunno i def need to give it more time. we'll see what happens. I'll keep you guys posted.

songa,

max

Out to lunch
can anyone confirm that mixnball.com is in fact a legit store to order from?
Yes. It is THE MixnBall manufacturer's site.

I talked to a guy named "Dan"
He IS MixnBall. I don't know about the email addresses and phone numbers. I'll send him your complaints and let him know the info didn't set well with you.

As for the grinder, the double and triple screen models have the removeable screens and a bottom section that doesn't screw on-it's held with magnets. Since he has videos for each model, I assume you already know this. If you don't think you can deal with the magnetized bottom (the two magnets aren't strong), I suggest you order the $5 'Threads upgrade' or cancel your order and maybe get the Classic Screen instead.

You'll get the grinder, but he doesn't show stock status on the new site, and it sometimes takes quite a while for him to get new stock in. If the model you ordered isn't in stock, you may have to wait a while to get it.

something still tells me this guy mite be legit
I'm guaranteeing he's legit. Like I said, he IS MixnBall.

max,

songa

thank you so much max for shedding some light on this for me. now i am a little bit more at ease that i have at least not got scammed. well, i have spoken to dan on a few accounts now and he insists that my grinder shipped last friday from los angeles. if he is legit like you say he is, then hopefully i can trust his word and that means i will in fact be getting my grinder this week probably.

thanks again max. and yes, i am fully aware of the design of the double and triple screen grinders. the innovative design is what made me choose the MNB over other brands. in the past, i have stayed loyal to space case, but its expensive. i was going to try mendo mulchers this time around but i honestly dont like the screw on keif catcher, which is what attracted me to the MNB magnetic keif catcher. im very excited for this and lok forward to trying it out!!

songa,

max

Out to lunch
Glad to help. I like the versatility the magnetized bottom provides. I just keep it in mind when grinding so it doesn't come off. Also I like the removeable screens. You can take it/them out and you effectively have a two piece grinder with holes and a large storage area. I've used mine like that for mediocre herb where I don't care about screening out the kief.

max,

songa

i agree max. pretty excited for the new design.

i just got another email from Dan at MNB. apparently, he lied to me again earlier when he told me my grinder was shipped last Friday and would arrive Monday (2/16). Now he tells me the grinder shipped on Monday, and should be arriving soon. But as far as the tracking information? Still doesnt have it. I dont understand what is so hard about providing tracking info. I mean, you can find out that the order shipped Monday, not Friday, but cant find tracking info? Where did he get Friday from in the first place? Is he just pulling dates out of his ass to keep me quiet and satisfied? I dunno max, but this guy better send me my grinder cuz he is relaly starting to piss me off. I dont mind delays in shipping, or even delays in getting tracking info, but when you are straight up LYING to your customers blatantly and keeping them in the dark...I do not respect that at all. If you know Dan personally, or are close to him, let him know he needs to change his operation around a little bit and focus some on customer service. otherwise, he will never get my referral.

songa,
Top Bottom