Herb Grinders

bsandhu

kief's nice n golden and im acutally amazed at how much got collected from one bowls worth of bud

P1290516.jpg

P1290517.jpg

i miss my DSLR.....

bsandhu,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Vtac has some GREAT hi-res pics of his identical SpaceCase a few pages back..... :cool:

Sure looks like a nice grinder. :)

pv said:
Spiral how are you finding your MNB after living with it for a while?
It's OK. It's already in my stash drawer if that signifies anything. I don't know, I think the Mendo is just right for me. My really only complaint about the MNB is that it actually gunks up really fast... I like to give mine a few extra spins so I remove the kief tray and grind upside down, which could be the cause of it, but yesterday I had to use a flathead screwdriver on my leatherman to get it open!!! She already needs a bath and I haven't ground more than an 8th through her....

It seems like a lot of my kief stays on top of the screen too. I've been taking a fine paint brush I always use to brush kief and more collects on the screen than falls through. It makes really blonde kief, but I don't like having to brush stuff through... :/ Maybe my trics are too big? Spiderman said that isn't likely in the chat... No kief spillage on the teeth, which I love. :) It screw together really tight, sometimes I screw it on too tight. :lol:

I don't know, it's a good grinder, I won't knock it, and probably recommend it over the Chromium (although the new design is untested it seems... ;).

SpiralArchitect,

bsandhu

fucking hell i put thru around 1.5-2 grams and the screens already startin to clog up...
but god damn is there ever alot of kief :o

bsandhu,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
A brush really works wonders, I don't know if you caught that or not in my post above....

Turn it upside down, brush it up, whatever works...

Some people like using a coin too. Wash that puppy first tho

SpiralArchitect,

bsandhu

i had the plastic pick in the screen part but fuck theres kief all along the bottom metal edge for the screen and around the edge's but boy is there ever alot :brow:

bsandhu,

Dallas22

Got this one for around $20 at a local 7-11 (PIC1). It's a magnet top, 2-screen system with keif catcher (PIC2)... not bad for the price and it seems pretty sturdy. I clean my screens by giving it a good pounding every time I finish grounding for the night.. never have had any problems with the screens getting clogged. Just having a problem with effeciently getting all of the keif from the catch out to a glass jar; seems like a lot of it is still stuck to the catcher :(

PIC1
grinderqe3.jpg

PIC2
keifyb7.jpg

Dallas22,

max

Out to lunch
Just having a problem with effeciently getting all of the keif from the catch out to a glass jar; seems like a lot of it is still stuck to the catcher
Looks like a decent grinder. If you don't clean all the surfaces from time to time (ISO is good), your sticking problem will just get worse. And your screen(s) WILL get clogged to some degree, whether it looks like it or not.

max,

ballin1

Hey all. Just got my mix n ball classic screen, but I think I got a banged up one. This is my first grinder, so I really don't know what's "normal" and what is not. I noticed some of the teeth seemed a little banged up (like little chips at the edge). Also, some of the threading on the screw bottom seems to be chipping away. I actually find a couple of metal flakes/chips in the grinder. Are these normal imperfections? Maybe I'm being too anal?

ballin1,

max

Out to lunch
Send it back if you're not satisfied. I've seen/inspected probably a dozen MixnBalls and the worst I've come across is a couple of burrs here and there on threads. My two piece and screen grinder have had no scratches to the teeth or anywhere. The finish looks like new. You can expect a few tiny shinys on any grinder-got a few with the Space Case. From your description, I'd say you may just be seeing acceptable imperfections on the threads. As for the teeth, never seen any problems there. The eBay seller has a 7 day money back offer (I'm sure he'd do an exchange too) and he guarantees satisfaction. You'd have no problem with a return to MixnBall either. Now if it was a TrueBlendz, even if the top teeth were scraping the bottom section on arrival, they'd charge you a restocking fee to take it back. :/

max,

bsandhu

ifucked up son of a bitch if i knew they were in north vancouver i would of bought one from them... instead of paying 150$ for mine

bsandhu,

max

Out to lunch
IMO $150 (about $122 US) is too much for any grinder unless you've got money to burn. You can always clean it and sell it. :shrug: If you can get a good price I'd recommend one of the new CNC Chromium Crushers if you want a style similar to the SC at a bargain price. They give you a 1 year warranty vs. none for the TrueBlendz. And the shipping charge to Canada is only $5. My original Crusher (steel and zinc) is very nice quality, and the new CNC model is supposed to be better. I've got a 2.2" on the way to me now. I put in the minimum bid-$16.99, didn't win, but got a '2nd chance offer' from the seller for 'buy it now' at the same price. For you, it would be $22 US with shipping- a great price for a quality grinder with a warranty.

"We have made several improvements and changes to the original our grinder to compete with aluminum premium grinders out there like the sharpstone and space case grinders. The material metal of this grinder is the same as space case grinders. It is made from aircraft grade aluminum herb grinder. In addition, the grinder is manufactured from a CNC process or Computer numerical control (CNC)."
http://cgi.ebay.com/2-2-4pcs-CNC-CH...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

max,

bsandhu

i already bought it.

i could of gotten the same thing for 30$ cheaper from spacegrinders..
probably could of picked it up too since they are only a 45 minute drive from where i live

oh well just a days work

bsandhu,

max

Out to lunch
i already bought it.
If you mean the Space Case I'm aware of that. You've posted pics. I bought one too. And even though I paid considerably less than you did, I still plan to sell it after giving it a good test run or two (hope I don't fall in love with it). I wouldn't blame anyone for wanting a SC and keeping it, even if you paid a premium. But if you're wishing you had a cheap, no warranty TrueBlendz instead, when they don't even give 'em a spin or two before shipping, I'm just saying you'd be better off with a cheap Chromium Crusher if you're looking to save $.

max,

bsandhu

nononono

they also sell space cases

i could of gotten one from them for cheaper then i did.
50$ cheaper

bsandhu,

max

Out to lunch
OK. I get your point (better late than never I guess). It does pay to shop around. In fact, you'd have saved $10 more buying from gratefulbuys in their eBay store. They have the very best SC prices I've seen-under $6 for Canadian shipping, and no tax.

max,

bsandhu

ah i can't complain about the money
P1310524.jpg

green bits got in when i flipped screen around to brush out the kief

bsandhu,

jklasd

just recieved my MNB. nothing seems to be wrong, one little scratch on the top edge of the grinder, but i feel thats probably to be expected. perhaps im being naive in thinking the magnetic top would be more stronger and secure in more then 2 places, or perhaps mine is just not right? i just thought thats what it meant when said magnetic because the top still lifts up to some degree.

jklasd,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Jklasd - I'm with ya on the magnet thing, minor gripe but a gripe nonetheless

stonemonkey55,

max

Out to lunch
If the two small magnets holding the top bother you (vs. the standard, strong mag in the middle design), be glad you didn't get the Double or Triple Screen. Those models have the same two magnets holding the bottom/kief collector section (unless you add the $5 upgrade piece, which doesn't match the rest of the grinder :/ ). The plus to this design is that you can load bud in the grinding area without having to make room for the magnet in the middle.

max,

max

Out to lunch
jklasd said:
so that is the way its suppose to be then?
If you mean with the small magnets on the rim instead of the usual strong mag in the center, yeah. It's a tradeoff. You just have to get used to it. Personally, I like the easier loading.

The MB designer is striving for something different in grinder design (the Classic Screen is more the normal design). Problem is, whatever he comes up with, no matter how unique and useful the design, it isn't going to satisfy everyone. I like the flexibility of the removeable screens in the Double and Triple Screen, but that feature also means a smaller surface area for the screen, so if you load up the grinding area, the ground herb piles up on the smallish screen(s), and it's harder to pass kief through. A plus is that you can take the screen(s) out, use the large bottom area to collect a lot of ground herb, then, if you have a sifter screen/kief box, dump it in there and separate the kief. Or just use it as a two piece grinder (with holes) if you don't want to separate the kief.

max,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Good points Max, all in all, I am very happy with the design. Do I wish the top would stay on a bit better? Definitely, but all in all, I like the way the magnets work and like you said, it is a tradeoff

stonemonkey55,
Top Bottom