Herb Grinders

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
Chopping is grinding too, right?

L1QfcFD.jpg

a6JgnKw.jpg

7wppv7Y.jpg

Anyone try the heavier-duty choppers? Looks like they may last forever...ever....ever....ever....

e90mxFl.jpg

Last edited:

Vitolo

Vaporist
That one lets you fill the jar with ground nuts.
Mine are slightly more modern.. and work backwards... fill jar with nuts and they get ground as they exit the jar.
I sold a few of these on Ebay and Craigslist recently.. all from my youth!
2md12te.jpg
ephbnq.jpg

Last edited:

rizzo

I know this as been mentioned before at least by magman but why don't they market a pure stainless steel grinder. Forgive me if there is indeed one on market. I would love a stainless 4pc Santa Cruz with limited edition label. I would pay a princely sum for this

rizzo,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
I know this as been mentioned before at least by magman but why don't they market a pure stainless steel grinder. Forgive me if there is indeed one on market. I would love a stainless 4pc Santa Cruz with limited edition label. I would pay a princely sum for this

Stainless Steel is a rather soft metal - it would dull extremely fast

I've had my 4-piece small SCS for over a month now and my kief chamber is still practically empty!

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
How much herb do you put through there on a given month?
I use my SCS for about 1.2-1.5oz per month, and monthly keif yield is small, but has added up.

FlyingLow,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
How much herb do you put through there on a given month?
I use my SCS for about 1.2-1.5oz per month, and monthly keif yield is small, but has added up.

Probably under an ounce a month. But my screen is way finer than I expected. Almost contemplating to trade my 4-piece for a new 3piece

Delta3DStudios,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Checked out the 3piece yesterday at my LHS.
LOL the retailer was trying to sell me on "...the newest line from SantaCruz called Crushers."

I politely informed him it was simply a 3piece SCS:D

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Well down in these parts, when one says, "Them 3pieces is slicker than goose shit!"
They usually mean it:D

Honestly, it was really nice- and nothing short of what you would expect from SCS. Heavy solid feel, spins smooth as butter, and the concave bottom collection area was very well machined and looked perfect. I did not buy, but it is a contender for a backup grinder purchase. If I could get a custom one, it would be cool to see one with a slightly deeper collection chamber.

I was looking at about a 2.x inch size of the 3-piece.

FlyingLow,

Seren

Away with the fairies
Well, I've had my Sharpstone (SS) 4-piece for a good few months now and still absolutely love the aesthetics of it. However, I have to admit, I think I actually like my 10 year old Grassleaf (GL) grinder better. :\

My SS definitely trumps in terms of weight - it's much lighter, which is a bonus for carrying it around. I also prefer it's finer pollen screen, and really dig the colour choices available - but unfortunately that's where my preferences for the SS end.

The magnet on the GL is so much stronger, and the unit as a whole more heavy-weight, which for me makes the process of grinding feel that much more secure (I know, I'm kinda contradicting myself there aren't I!?). The teeth of the GL also seem much sharper, and the lid turns that much easier, it simply makes easier work of things and produces a finer, fluffier grind.

Now don't get me wrong - I still love my SS - I guess it's just a classic case of you get what you pay for. IMO the SS is a great grinder, and a definite step up from many of the cheaper-end grinders out there. However, it's in a completely different league to the Grassleaf.

I'd be really interested to hear how the GL compares to the higher end grinders like the SC and SCS - anyone!?

Jman5280

Time for a new grinder...what's the best? Haven't bought one in 15 years...

I want one made of quality material. I also don't want to worry about pieces of the finish or metal getting into my buds.

A screen and catcher is a must.

My headshop has Diamond Grind, EZ grinds, and Aerospaced...any of those good?

Jman5280,

Blueberryyumyum

Time for a new grinder...what's the best? Haven't bought one in 15 years...

I want one made of quality material. I also don't want to worry about pieces of the finish or metal getting into my buds.

A screen and catcher is a must.

Look at space case grinders and santa cruz shredders!
I have both and i'm very happy with the quality and grind consistency..
http://santacruzshredder.myshopify.com/

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
All the grandmas love my vintage nut grinder. Screens and pollen catchers can be a lot of work to maintain, so I prefer to let the kief roll around in the lower glass chamber and coat the ground material. My sifter box is now lonely and spiders have moved into it.

10523587_1447391782187914_1479316857_n.jpg

Last edited:

Jman5280

There is an entire thread dedicated to grinders. You will find the most feedback in there.
Personally, I like the SCS, but everyone is different and often different vapes require different consistency of grinds

Which do u prefer? Why?

Those are both at my head shop...they were recommending diamond grind to me. They are all the same price range. I want the best material, quality, and the finest grind...

Jman5280,

Jman5280

LOL I said it in the excerpt you quoted from me above:
I like the SCS- because it produces a great fine consistency I like using with my Plenty and other vapes.

http://santacruzshredder.myshopify.com

My bad I meant to quote a different one...this is what wake and bake does, thanks pax.

Look at space case grinders and santa cruz shredders!
I have both and i'm very happy with the quality and grind consistency..
http://santacruzshredder.myshopify.com/

Which do you prefer? Which is finer? I am going to go check these out this afternoon at my head shop.

Jman5280,

Blueberryyumyum

I have SC and SCS and the spacecase gives me a slightly finer grind but not much tho.

If you are looking for a good quality grinder with a fine grind i would say go with a 2-piece small space case.
If you are looking for a grinder with a screen and catcher, made from the best material, quality > go with santacruzshredder

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
Sharpstone is high quality at a good price. Mine is a four-piece that has been on a five-year mission to explore the uncharted herbal territories and it's kicking ass and screen is still as tight as day one. I think it was less than $25. SCS is really really good, but I think overpriced.

Top Bottom