Herb Grinders

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Hi Ru_frothi,

I already do have a MFLB nano grinder but find as soon as my material isn't the driest it will jam up very fast. Trying to grind material for my next trench and having to struggle a bit with this thing kind of ruins my buzz a little bit.

I don't want a coffee grinder just of yet as I'm out quite a lot.

Have you tried using the mendo mulcher vape grinder upside to achieve an even finer grind? I can't make my mind up between the mendo mulcher and the space case 4 piece scout (MINI).

Can you please talk more about the vape mendo? You're the only person I've come across who has one.
Thanks!

mendo works great. search back in this thread and you will see a complete review with pics of the grind compared to other grinders.

EDIT: Here's the link (gotta love the new forum with a search feature thats useful)

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/herb-grinders.15/page-119#post-236585

ru_frothi,

deadc0ffee

Inquisitive vaporist
Space Case rocks! Also mine has no paint chips or any BS. Just as nice as the day I got it.

Sometimes it helps if you want something to start a money jug. I like those big water jugs. Any time you get change, it goes in there. Any time you can spare a dollar, throw it in the jug.

water-jug-1.jpg

It's kind of a psychological thing, but you will be surprised how much money you will save. It also teaches you saving discipline for the future. If you are saving for something, don't you dare touch that jug! I recently emptied mine and had $175 worth of change, cha-ching!

This technique goes for Space Cases, water pipes, clothes, tv, those expensive ass hybrid kittens etc. If you want the item, in time you'll have it.

:2c: (pun intended, hehe)
I guess I could pull 1% of my paychecks or something. I never really use cash.

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
I generally use a debit card, CC and Mint for tracking expenses. I can't see myself ever taking the time to balance a checkbook lol.

People have been saying great things about those Mendo Mulchers too!

Steele Concept,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
I guess I could pull 1% of my paychecks or something. I never really use cash.

I swear I use a debit card 90+% of the time but still end up with piles of change somehow... It doesn't accumulate as much as it used to but there is at least $30 in change in my jar from the last year....

I like the idea of the vape paycheck deferal plan even better.... VAS is tough cookie!

ru_frothi,

mixnball

Manufacturer
Hi All,

yes, we are back. please stay tuned as we bring our new line to the crowed. we will be happy to get your support.
Mix'N'Ball
forever yours

Mod note: Manufacturers and retailers must contact vtac for account approval before posting.

mixnball,
Reactions: Vicki

Bipola

This is a cool thread, very helpful.

It's been about a year since I got my LB and my original cheap aluminium grinder hadn't been working well for a while which was severely affecting the performance of the LB, so I finally decided to get a quality grinder a few days ago and it just arrived today. I got a 2 piece titanium Space Case, which is amazingly well built and looks like it will last forever...

Only thing is, I made the mistake of getting the large one, pretty much because my previous $15 grinder (no brand name or anything) was 'medium' and I found it a bit small, my fingertips would always be touching as I used it which was awkward, and I foolishly assumed the sizes would be similar, so I thought a large SC would be like maybe an inch greater in diameter than my 'medium' previous one, but really it is about 5 times the size and feels like it weighs at least 10 times more haha.

It is amazingly better than any other I've ever used but I still think I should get a small SC instead as I have a feeling the small SC will be bigger than the old grinder that I found a little on the small side.

I bought the SC hoping for a much finer grind but it seems very difficult to achieve due to the size of the holes and everything (completely my fault for not researching it enough before purchase). It feels like the consistency is just as coarse after about 10 mins of constant shaking and grinding as it was after the initial 30 seconds or so. Is there any way I can get a really fine grind with this one, even if I have to grind up like a gram at a time? I think I will buy a small 2 piece SC and give this one to a friend who uses way more herb than I do (and mostly smokes so doesn't need a fine grind to begin with)

Another thing which may be as a result of grinding it almost 'sideways' at times in an attempt to get it finer, but the sides of the grinder (and all around the nylon gasket) are already pretty gunked up. I left my herb out for a good 45 mins or so before grinding as I knew it was particularly sticky, but it seems to still be making the sides gum up quickly. The inside is still perfect as expected with the titanium SC, there's no sticky stuff inside it, but on the sides it's quite gunky after only trying to grind up like .2 of this herb.

tl;dr if I put like a grams worth of bud into the large SC, is it likely I would get a sufficiently fine grind? I don't mind breaking up the herb in advance as this shit is super potent and I don't need it to be 100% freshly ground, would be happy to have a whole month's worth ground up in advance if it meant it would be fine enough for the LB. If not I'll probably just do the whole crumble with fingers after a couple of hits trick until I get a smaller one...

Also got 2 new batteries and a whip for the LB so should be fun :D

Bipola,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
This is a cool thread, very helpful.

It's been about a year since I got my LB and my original cheap aluminium grinder hadn't been working well for a while which was severely affecting the performance of the LB, so I finally decided to get a quality grinder a few days ago and it just arrived today. I got a 2 piece titanium Space Case, which is amazingly well built and looks like it will last forever...

Only thing is, I made the mistake of getting the large one, pretty much because my previous $15 grinder (no brand name or anything) was 'medium' and I found it a bit small, my fingertips would always be touching as I used it which was awkward, and I foolishly assumed the sizes would be similar, so I thought a large SC would be like maybe an inch greater in diameter than my 'medium' previous one, but really it is about 5 times the size and feels like it weighs at least 10 times more haha.

It is amazingly better than any other I've ever used but I still think I should get a small SC instead as I have a feeling the small SC will be bigger than the old grinder that I found a little on the small side.

I bought the SC hoping for a much finer grind but it seems very difficult to achieve due to the size of the holes and everything (completely my fault for not researching it enough before purchase). It feels like the consistency is just as coarse after about 10 mins of constant shaking and grinding as it was after the initial 30 seconds or so. Is there any way I can get a really fine grind with this one, even if I have to grind up like a gram at a time? I think I will buy a small 2 piece SC and give this one to a friend who uses way more herb than I do (and mostly smokes so doesn't need a fine grind to begin with)

Another thing which may be as a result of grinding it almost 'sideways' at times in an attempt to get it finer, but the sides of the grinder (and all around the nylon gasket) are already pretty gunked up. I left my herb out for a good 45 mins or so before grinding as I knew it was particularly sticky, but it seems to still be making the sides gum up quickly. The inside is still perfect as expected with the titanium SC, there's no sticky stuff inside it, but on the sides it's quite gunky after only trying to grind up like .2 of this herb.

tl;dr if I put like a grams worth of bud into the large SC, is it likely I would get a sufficiently fine grind? I don't mind breaking up the herb in advance as this shit is super potent and I don't need it to be 100% freshly ground, would be happy to have a whole month's worth ground up in advance if it meant it would be fine enough for the LB. If not I'll probably just do the whole crumble with fingers after a couple of hits trick until I get a smaller one...

Also got 2 new batteries and a whip for the LB so should be fun :D

Get some grinder grease from puff it up or elsewhere. Chronoseur sent me one to try nd its awesome. Gets everything gliding well. Q-tip and Ido round the rim helps too.

ru_frothi,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
I just bought a Mendo Mulcher from Elluzion. I love it. Some guy PM'd me and told me I lowballed him with an offer. Made me feel like crap. :shrug: Thank god, Elluzion didn't accept it and countered. :lol:

Jeppy,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Looks like it does a pretty good job..... Think I'll try one out ;)

"Advanced engineered grinder. Guaranteed for life. FLUFFS TO PERFECTION. NO BB-SIZED CHUNKS. THE ONLY “TRULY” MEDICAL-GRADE GRINDER IN THE WORLD!!!"

smokum,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker

"Advanced engineered grinder. Guaranteed for life. FLUFFS TO PERFECTION. NO BB-SIZED CHUNKS. THE ONLY “TRULY” MEDICAL-GRADE GRINDER IN THE WORLD!!!"

That's what I was thinking - really fair prices too - PV carries them as well. I tried a buddies Mendo Mulcher and it tore more than it shredded. My only complaint is that their charging 10 bucks for standard shipping...that seems a bit high.

mvapes,

SD_haze

@ 0:30, seems like there's plenty of BB sized chunks :2c:

SD_haze,

smokum

@ 0:30, seems like there's plenty of BB sized chunks :2c:

ya, would be nice to see a vid review with more than the 1-2 turns, but I've searched everywhere and can't find a vid that shows it in use (most have nothing to do with the grinder :lol: )

smokum,

smokum

I've been watching these for a while & waiting for PV to get them in stock to order.... they are... & now I did :D

Once I got the actual sizes of them from PV & got them to list them in the product description, I ordered a Large 2pc & a Large 4pc (for now :brow: ) along with some other goodies to get the free shipping with the discount applied. So I should have mine by the weekend & get to put them to the test.

smokum,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I just acquired a Santa Cruz Shredder, and am loving it. I got it from PlanetVape. This is the black one, and I love the smooth turn of it...The small 2 piece, is just slightly larger than the small 2 piece space case. The top is designed to be slightly deeper, as it encompasses the bottom, so that the top half is thicker, as opposed to being 50/50 on the space case. This seems to add some "fulcrum/torque" assistance to my hands.
I am not giving up my space Cases, but I am finding that the grind is at least as good as the space case, while the grip and turn seems easier on the hands. This surprised me because there was no scored grip assist area as there is on Space case... but with the thicker top section, it seems unnecessary.

Vitolo

Vaporist
NEXT.....(separate review/separate post)
I also got a small 2 piece space Case titanium today...
I will not be using it, and am sending it back for a regular space case.
My regular 2 piece space cases turn and glide easily, until dirty, then there is some drag on the turn, until I clean.
The Titanium version of this old favorite, seemed to have a slight drag on it's turn from the package, empty.
Upon close inspection side by side with my regular model, I could see that the titanium coating added a layer of titanium to the space case, making it microscopically thicker, on the turning surface.
I had to make sure, and brought the old and new grinders to my local head shop, and gave the two to 3 employees and asked which had a more fluid turn.
It was unanimous that the Titanium SC was a tighter fit, and slightly more sluggish turn.
I will stick with the standard space case!

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Ok, so I've collected a few grinders by now (8 total), and I'm still finding the storz and Bickel acrylic grinder to be the easiest to use, and gives me the best grind.

With the S&B, I can just throw a big nug into it, and the pyramid teeth will rip it apart fairly easily and quickly. I also like the straight edges, as I find it's far, far easier gripping them, than a rounded surface (that all of my other grinders have).

My secondary grinder is a space case titanium medium.
I find I have to break up my buds into almost pea sized pieces to put them in the grinder, and it can be almost impossible to turn on the first turn (it gets easier once they've broken up a bit).

Overall I'm kinda disappointed with metal grinders.
They are always hard to grip properly (I can hold the S&B with my fingertips and turn, for all my metal ones I need to hold with all of my thumb and index finger.

Another thing that bugs me about the space case, is that the "male" magnet is in the "female" half of the grinder.
So I alwys have to be careful about no letting my nugs fall into that centre hole, or I get a grinder that doesn't close all the way and a little patch of crushed, but not ground bud...

Is there a reason all the metal grinders have those diamond shaped pillar teeth, while the acrylic ones seem to have diamond shaped pyramid teeth?
I wonder if I could get a metal one made with the acrylic style teeth?(note, not acrylic teeth in a metal grinder, just the pyramid style teeth)

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I just acquired a Santa Cruz Shredder, and am loving it. I got it from PlanetVape. This is the black one, and I love the smooth turn of it...The small 2 piece, is just slightly larger than the small 2 piece space case. The top is designed to be slightly deeper, as it encompasses the bottom, so that the top half is thicker, as opposed to being 50/50 on the space case. This seems to add some "fulcrum/torque" assistance to my hands.
I am not giving up my space Cases, but I am finding that the grind is at least as good as the space case, while the grip and turn seems easier on the hands. This surprised me because there was no scored grip assist area as there is on Space case... but with the thicker top section, it seems unnecessary.

Based on your review I will be pulling the trigger on a Santa Cruz Shredder today - I spent lots of time researching grinders last night and from what I read it seems that the SC Shredder is being highly regarded and well received. I look forward to giving a full review.

mvapes,
Reactions: smokum

smokum

Sweet Jebus !!!.. got my Shredder in fm Planet Vape yesterday & I'm wondering why I own all my others now.

What an awesome grinder !!!

Has anyone who owns one noticed a difference of grind with a difference size unit ? Just curious, as I've found differences between other grinder sizes of the same make, and I bought both my 2pc & 4pc shredder in the LARGE size.

smokum,
Reactions: mvapes

Vitolo

Vaporist
Well, after a few days, I decided that the shredder is definitely my choice for a great grind...
I still love my 2 piece small space case for my SSV, though... the shredder does so thorough a job that it leaves the herb too well ground for those GIANT wandfulls I love.
Shredder for my other vapes though at this time!

Top Bottom