Herb Grinders

VapeHead.com

Retailer
WatTyler said:
Vitolo said:
Is it coincidence that you sell the Volcano grinder at a VERY healthy markup ( $10.00.... which is higher than almost anyplace!!) on your website? :uhoh:
:lol: I rate those plastic grinders pretty highly too. Maybe the vendor also thinks it's the best, and hence stocks that for the customer? And transport of stock to Oz can't be cheap= higher retail? $10/6.50 doesn't seem that bad to me (with shipping it's 0.50 more than ebay). I dunno, seems the only one model on his site. Surely less mark up on a $10 plastic grinder than a $50 branded CNC? It would be a strong recommendation indeed if the trader also sold a full range of CNC grinders and still pushed the $10 model, but then some shops don't sell what they don't believe in.

WatTyler - you're spot on. Shipping to Australia is expensive, and I only stock products that I use myself and that I believe are the best on the market. Cheers.

VapeHead.com,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Goodwill Store had this coffee/spice grinder for $1.50. I never cared for the ide of electric grinders... but for 1.50 I had to get it.
It works too well to use for vaping in general, but is fun.
.5 second =rough grind
.7 second =med grind
1 second = fine grind
5 seconds = dust like talc
Following advice from Vape Buddy JDSupreme, I decided it was a good tool for cooking with weed/ABV.
I threw 6 grams of ABV in there (for a full 10 seconds!).
It came out like dust.. so fine, I could not feel it between my fingers.
So light you could blow it and it hangs in the air like flour.
I did some baking with it, and I actually used ABV in a recipe as a replacement for flour!
Untitledcopy.jpg

When I put a pinch of the ABV on my tongue.. it was so fine, it dissolved!

Vitolo,

placetime

I have used a Vapeworld-branded Aerospaced 2" 4-pc grinder and have used a mini Cosmic 1 5/8" 2-pc grinder. I haven't used either one for an extended period, but even so, it's easy to notice the difference in quality between the two. The Cosmic has a much smoother/cleaner looking surface (outside and inside), has much smoother turning, and just "feels" like a better tool (although it's a bit too small for my hands). That said, I have seen no problems at all with the Aerospaced, so maybe (as some have suggested) the difference is really just aesthetics and not functionality. The Cosmic definitely grinds much more finely than the Aerospaced, but I think that that's more a function of the differences in size and style of those two grinders than of the brand/construction.

I currently have a medium 2-pc Spacecase on the way in the mail. :) I assume it'll be very similar to the Cosmic I have used, but a bit bigger. (BIG thanks to gratefulbuys.com for that! If you need a 2-pc grinder and can review a vaporizer, check out the FC contest section--they've just started giving away one free Spacecase every Friday! ;) )

placetime,

2clicker

Observer
ive been using my 2.2" clear top Sharpstone for a year now. just the other day i noticed some bent teeth... on the clear top side.

so now im looking for a grinder that can grind limestone.

i may just pony up for a space case afterall...

2clicker,

max

Out to lunch
just the other day i noticed some bent teeth... on the clear top side.
I'm not surprised. Any of the brand name all aluminum models, even the cheap and interchangable Sharpstone, Chromium Crusher, Sharp Crusher, Cali Crusher brands, will give you the 100% CNC machining you need to prevent tooth decay, as in bent or broken.

max,

SmokingElectricity

after 3 weeks of moderate use, i noticed the teeth on my sharp crusher to start to decay. these things are 15 bucks for a reason.
dscn0483ep.jpg

dscn0484wu.jpg

SmokingElectricity,

esrever

Herb: best aphrodisiac and stereo tweak on Earth
I've got a similar Krups that is 25 yrs old. Use it mainly to grind cinnamon sticks and nutmeg.
It works great and absolutely pulverizes ganj.
Vitolo said:
Goodwill Store had this coffee/spice grinder for $1.50. I never cared for the ide of electric grinders... but for 1.50 I had to get it.
It works too well to use for vaping in general, but is fun.
.5 second =rough grind
.7 second =med grind
1 second = fine grind
5 seconds = dust like talc
Following advice from Vape Buddy JDSupreme, I decided it was a good tool for cooking with weed/ABV.
I threw 6 grams of ABV in there (for a full 10 seconds!).
It came out like dust.. so fine, I could not feel it between my fingers.
So light you could blow it and it hangs in the air like flour.
I did some baking with it, and I actually used ABV in a recipe as a replacement for flour!
http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m580/VitoloVaporizes/Untitledcopy.jpg
When I put a pinch of the ABV on my tongue.. it was so fine, it dissolved!

esrever,

friedricey

being human
SmokingElectricity said:
after 3 weeks of moderate use, i noticed the teeth on my sharp crusher to start to decay. these things are 15 bucks for a reason.

If it is decaying doesn't that mean that it will eventually leave metal shavings?

This leaves me back at square one again.

Anyone with thoughts on the Cosmic's quality?

friedricey,

wake n blake

A Weed Nerd
I am a huge fan of the Cosmic grinder... I have the 1.6" mini. It shreds the stuff well. Someday, when the cash flow builds up, I'll be getting a medium or large 2 piece.

wake n blake,

Carbon

My brother left his Storz & Bickel grinder at somebody's house so had to get a new one in a hurry. He ended up with a small 4 piece Sharpstone. I used it and it felt cheap and had a rough turn (not silky smooth like some of the higher end grinders); however, it did grind up the herb as fine or finer than my small 4 piece Space Case Ti using the upside down trick. I didn't compare them back to back with the same herbs, so it's not a completely fair comparison, but I got good results even if the quality of workmanship wasn't equal to the SC.

As others have found out, a cheaper grinder (though this wasn't actually much less than a SC would be) can grind just as well as the top of the line ones, but I have questions about how it'll stand the test of time. It also feels of lesser quality and I wouldn't trade my SC Ti for one of these in a million years.

Carbon,

SmokingElectricity

friedricey said:
If it is decaying doesn't that mean that it will eventually leave metal shavings?

to me it looks like the teeth are dented. some of the points on the teeth actually started to curl back. this makes believe my initial review was correct and that the aluminum is low quality.

SmokingElectricity,

max

Out to lunch
I haven't seen any more wear on my first one, which is well over a year old, than I have on premium brands like Space Case or Cosmic. I trim my bud of stems pretty well before grinding, so that could be a factor.

this makes believe my initial review was correct and that the aluminum is low quality.
My use doesn't support that conclusion. They hold up well in my experience.

wake and blake said:
I am a huge fan of the Cosmic grinder... I have the 1.6" mini.
So do I. It's nice but the holes are huge, and I think $45 is way overpriced.

Bought a 3" Titan 4 pc. ($30) a couple of weeks ago Titan. Haven't had an occasion to use a large grinder yet, but I really like the fit and finish, and it copies the MixnBall removable screen design, and has even better attachment, with 3 rim magnets instead of two. The anodized finish is nice, although not as matte as MnB, and will show some fingerprints. My 2 pc. Titan has held up great, so I expect this one will too. If you're interested in a removable screen grinder, this one's hard to beat for the $.

max,

SmokingElectricity

^^^i too de-stem my buds pretty well, no more, no less than i do when i use other grinders. i'm not trying to knock the brand, just sharing my own experiences. but i do agree with you on the titan grinders. very nice grinders for the money.

SmokingElectricity,

happyhippe

Semi Vaporist
Hey everyone! my first post whooo:) anyway ive read about all 100 pages of this thread and man arnt grinders fun to play with. I wanted to add my own experiences about grinders. Ive had the 56mm Kellys grinder non fully cnc, a chinese grinder with a happy face on it and the steel/zinc sharp crusher.

56mm-Used it for 8 months, ground good had nice screen but there was this black stuff on the threads in the inside of the grinder. I dont know what it is but it wouldnt come off with iso, not woth the risk so chunked it.

Cheap 3 piece steel-works great,grinds course to fine just dump it out on a plate but no friction ring and screen lets to much plant matter through

Sharp Crusher Steel/Zinc-Best one and my daily grinder it doesnt have the black stuff in the threads like aluminum ones. Screen only collects pollen and dosnt have a shallow edges like the CC. I think they quit making the CC but im not sure. The holes are a little large, but the chrome finish seems so tough.

happyhippe,

Vitolo

Vaporist
happyhippe said:
56mm-Used it for 8 months, ground good had nice screen but there was this black stuff on the threads in the inside of the grinder. I dont know what it is but it wouldnt come off with iso, not woth the risk so chunked it.
The black stuff is pieces of quality weed that get "pressed" into threads and turnig surfaces. This only happens with fresh and quality herb. They come off with 91%iso and a toothbrush

Vitolo,

max

Out to lunch
:o At least it was cheap. Like Vito says, it's just plant material, and it does come off. If you're not trying to reclaim residue from a grinder, a toothbrush or other stiff bristle brush, along with ISO (even 70% works fine), is the quickest and easiest cleaning method I've found. I end up cleaning grinder screens frequently, and a brush makes it quick work, then I usually just clean the whole thing while I'm at it.

max,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Same here Max.. When I overfill, or get material on a surface that wont "pluck" off.. I leave it even though it stiffens function some... and I tend to it along with my cleaning/residue harvest.

Vitolo,

happyhippe

Semi Vaporist
On the 56mm it wouldnt come off with anything even 93 and toothpicks. I remember i had to sand the inside threads with index cards and it was like black lines on the paper. I looked it up on google and sounds like aluminum on aluminum. I got it all off the threads and didnt put anything through it. Just kept screwing and unsrewing it like 50 times and there it was like seaping out the threads.
I think the CC and original sharp stone are getting hard to find becuase why would china use steel and then copper plate it then chrome it. When they can just sell a cheap aluminum one with no finish for more money. Im wondering now if the mendo or spacecase silver does this. Maby the aluminum is not pure. Anybody who has aluminum should take some white paper and check the threads becuase i think its not all kief. Its micro scopic shards of aluminum on aluminum.
Steel/Chrome is harder than aluminum. At least china can chrome. It really sticks to steel hard. But they just cant keep the anodizing on the sharp edges. like the teeth. it always peels of. I bought the sharp crusher press anodized aluminum and it was peeling off out the box. China dosent have the anodizing down yet. And vitolo you have the right idea just simply grind with that coffee grind. Easy!

happyhippe,
Hey guys, im new here, and I was wondering about a grinder for the mflb. I was thinking about purchasing one of these. Do they really grind finer than the Puffitup mini 2 pc.?

compnerdd6000,

happyhippe

Semi Vaporist
The review says it grinds to a powder but it still looks like it would be better for hash. Check walmart you wont beat the function of a 6-20$ coffee grinder like duraband, they have the ability to grind as fine as you want it. and probly easier to clean and use than that vic.

happyhippe,
Top Bottom