Multi-brand HEALTHY RIPS FURY

disoriented

Xposting from another thread, I thought it might be more appropriate here.

So I've been looking for an every day carry, portable flower vape.
Everything I keep reading, including people all over here and reddit, has been pointing me to the Fury 2.
I can live without removable batteries, that's fine.

People say its the safest; why?
In my opinion, I've never been one to trust Chinese made vapes. I'm sorry, its nothing personal, but generally they have more lax regulations to say the least.
Why the sudden trust with this company?
They're designed in California, not built. Big difference.
Even the name, Healthy Rips, makes you want to trust them.

Help me out here if you could folks.
Part of the large reason I want to vape, is because I don't want to smoke.
I also don't want to inhale any odd chemicals either.
What's so good about the Fury 2?

disoriented,

disoriented

Since I own a Fury2 then that answer is obviously, Yes.
Ok good...
Why?

I'm sorry man, I'm just a skeptical person and the whole website reads like a marketing gimmick.
I'm not debating whether it does what its supposed to. Everyone seems to like the vapor production/size/usability.

I'm asking why I should trust that company with my health.
Because that's obviously who they're marketing to.

disoriented,

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Trust me I've read that
And looked at the PuffitUp Tear down of the Fury 2
My question is the the same as

I’m not sure what kind of answer you guys are expecting... they are a young company, so no one knows the longevity of each product.

Have you read thru this thread?
Healthy Rips started off on a very rough start. No one here trusted them, based on all of the knock offs and made in China.
However, they answered all questions thrown at them, told us why they started the way they did.
They listened to customers and improved the original Fury (which didn’t need much) and have stood behind their product every step of the way.
They donated Vapes when this community pitched in for patients in need.
They respond to all concerns and as far as I have seen have taken every possible step to make their customer service as good as humanly possible.
They added additional glass pieces, dosing caps and bundles after we all asked for them.
They are extremely transparent with what they do to ensure “medical grade” products.
Personally, I trust them. Is it a blind trust? Of course not. There is always a chance they are “fooling” all of us and one day we will all realize what fools we have been.
But the product, thus far, speaks for itself. I’ve had the Fury 2 since it launched (I think I got it Oct 1st, 2017) and I am very happy with it. It’s not for everyone, but it is the one I recommend more than any I own.
Not sure what else to say that would ease your mind... at the end of the day, it is your choice.

Mr. Me2

I’m not sure what kind of answer you guys are expecting... they are a young company, so no one knows the longevity of each product.

Have you read thru this thread?
Healthy Rips started off on a very rough start. No one here trusted them, based on all of the knock offs and made in China.
However, they answered all questions thrown at them, told us why they started the way they did.
They listened to customers and improved the original Fury (which didn’t need much) and have stood behind their product every step of the way.
They donated Vapes when this community pitched in for patients in need.
They respond to all concerns and as far as I have seen have taken every possible step to make their customer service as good as humanly possible.
They added additional glass pieces, dosing caps and bundles after we all asked for them.
They are extremely transparent with what they do to ensure “medical grade” products.
Personally, I trust them. Is it a blind trust? Of course not. There is always a chance they are “fooling” all of us and one day we will all realize what fools we have been.
But the product, thus far, speaks for itself. I’ve had the Fury 2 since it launched (I think I got it Oct 1st, 2017) and I am very happy with it. It’s not for everyone, but it is the one I recommend more than any I own.
Not sure what else to say that would ease your mind... at the end of the day, it is your choice.
Well said, @Jill NYC .

Hi All,

I am seriously debating pulling the trigger on a Fury 2 for my portable needs. While I am aware that the Fury is a session vaporizer, I am led to believe that there are those who successfully microdose small amounts with the Fury, which steer the unit into on-demand territory. Would this be accurate?

I am contemplating perhaps picking up a couple of accessories with my order (am in the UK and thinking of ordering from Vaposhop) and I was looking for recommendations as to which bits are worth buying. This will be my first vape, and admittedly I am very new to this world, so trying to understand, for example the difference between the water pipe adapter and the water bubbler is currently beyond me! I do know that I would like the experience to feel as healthy and natural as possible, if that makes sense?!

I have heard that there are microdose capsules available for the Fury, but they don't appear to be sold by Vaposhop. Are these worth purchasing elsewhere?

Apologies for the novice questions! Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
While I am aware that the Fury is a session vaporizer, I am led to believe that there are those who successfully microdose small amounts with the Fury, which steer the unit into on-demand territory. Would this be accurate?
A session vape basically means that whatever is in the oven will be cooking (wasted) in between hits, while unit is on. An on demand vape usually has a 0-8ish seconds for initial heat up. In-between hits there is no heat running (no herb wasted) and subsequent hits are pretty much instantaneous.
The Fury 2 is a session vape when you use the oven, but can use the WPA, and take the stem out after each hit to keep it away from heat in between hits. But the battery will continue to deplete or turn it off and wait for heat up for next hit.
You could also just put a tiny amount in oven that is enough for only 1-2 hits (microdosing). But again, won’t be as efficient (in herbs and battery) as with an on-demand.

This will be my first vape, and admittedly I am very new to this world, so trying to understand, for example the difference between the water pipe adapter and the water bubbler is currently beyond me! I do know that I would like the experience to feel as healthy and natural as possible, if that makes sense?!
You should definitely get a glass piece or two to see the differences in taste and efficiency. For microdosing, I recommend the WPA (it has a smaller chamber than the larger one). If you have a few extra $$ to spare, I’d also recommend getting the bent stem. I find it the smoothest.

I have heard that there are microdose capsules available for the Fury, but they don't appear to be sold by Vaposhop. Are these worth purchasing elsewhere?
You don’t need these to microdose. If you are just starting out in vaping world, you probably don’t need these.

Welcome to the vaping world! This is a very easy vape to use and maintain, a great way to jump in the game!
If you have any general questions about vaping, you should definitely create a thread in Ask FC section. It’s a great community very willing to help!

OF

I am seriously debating pulling the trigger on a Fury 2 for my portable needs. While I am aware that the Fury is a session vaporizer, I am led to believe that there are those who successfully microdose small amounts with the Fury, which steer the unit into on-demand territory. Would this be accurate?

No, I don't think that's accurate. While fast, it still takes longer to get to a solid hit once it reaches temperature. You can load small amounts, like in most other vapes, but like them they suffer in rate of production if you do. Not a bad choice for such duty, but not 'on demand' IMO.

Summit is closer. ESV is. Vapman (a personal favorite, Swiss made) is. DV is. VGs are. But I think F2 in that group is a stretch. Not that it's not an excellent machine, of course. IMO you should be happy with it based on what you say.

The capsules are great in several ways. They keep the oven clean, and allow for rapid load changes (even hot) for instance. In applications like @Vitolo deals with, caregivers can load a day's supply for those truly in need. Giving them much needed access to THC under truly trying conditions. They are smaller, about half the bowl volume, but not in an attempt for 'microdosing'. I'm sure they'd love to have the same volume. You can take advantage with them by dumping the hot capsule out after a hit or two, but that's a function of your technique, not their original design. Your call, but you asked advice, if you go for F2 you should get some to try out. And I advise going for F2? I doubt you'd regret doing so.

OF

Vitolo

Vaporist
Your call, but you asked advice, if you go for F2 you should get some to try out. And I advise going for F2? I doubt you'd regret doing so.
I am forced to agree with @OF 100%
It is an inexpensive try-out!
My patients are having great success.

Last edited:
Vitolo,
Reactions: OF

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Nice one on the q-tip advice, I think when HR ae talking about the safest, they are talking about battery type.
I did a battery test last night and after 5 months of very heavy usage I can inform that I did 9x4 minute sessions at full temperature back to back and hit the Low Battery symbol with 20 seconds left on the 9th cycle before it cut out. :tup:
I would wholeheartedly trust HR, I had a small problem with a WPA and they immediately sent me another.

Last edited:

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Nice one on the q-tip advice.
I did a battery test last night and after 5 months of very heavy usage I can inform that I did 9x4 minute sessions at full temperature back to back and hit the Low Battery symbol with 20 seconds left on the 9th cycle before it cut out. :tup:
Good info! I am in the middle of doing a session count as well. Mine has been in action for 10 months. Will report back soon. Will be interesting to hear how others are faring as well.

disoriented

Who said it's the safest? That'd be a hell of a claim and a difficult one to prove at that.

Instead of us telling you why you should trust them, how about you give us a reason why we shouldn't?

Also, if you have a question about material safety, it would belong in it's own thread, not here.

:peace:
There's plenty of people throughout this thread that have been making that claim.
"Extremely isolated airpath" "Medical Grade components" etc.

Is it such a bad thing to ask questions?
Instead of answering them, people just get defensive.

Last edited:

OF

Actually it can be "a bad thing". Depending on the questions. Safety concerns are often the source of such problems, which is why there's a specific Forum Policy against it:

"If you have a question or comment regarding material safety, post it in General Discussion. Do not post it in a model thread"

It can trigger a holy war, and has many times. If you stick around you'll no doubt watch it happen again. And again. There is no such thing as 'safe enough' for some. Concerns for things like 'toxic vapors' which are never defined (how do you know they're toxic?) get coupled with differences in sensitivity to smell and away we go. Round and round. And round some more. Human smell sensitivity covers a huge range, some smell so offensive to some can't be detected by others. Guys get accused of all sorts of things (I don't think anyone knowingly uses or recommends gear they think/know is dangerous). The concerns are genuine (usually?), so are the opinions that 'mystery vapor' seen with a strong flashlight from the side in a dark room when the vape is new but can no longer be found after a burn off or two are not a reason to dismiss an otherwise useful vape. All are vastly superior to blazing, after all.

Guys seem defensive due to such experiences, sometimes there's just no winning that fight?

It's common (some would say too common) on lesser Forums. One of the reasons I personally avoid them. IMO it's a good rule, and good or bad we agreed to follow the rules when we joined. Bless our Moderators.

I'm with the 'safety claims' made for F2 being based on the battery type. Guys take that out of context and run with it? It really is different than the type used in almost every other vape out there (ESV is the only exception I can think of). Not subject to the fire and explosions you read horror stories about. And while I'm not a huge fan of isolate air paths (I see no danger it vape 'toxic electronics fumes' that wouldn't also apply to my computer monitor, TV and other similar gear. If that threat (poison from electronic vapors) was real IMO we're all doomed even if we don't vape at all. But if you're on the other side of this, HR has you covered at least as well as the best of them out there (even though my sealed vapor path still leaks a bit.

In fact concerns about smells and such led HR to change the gasket material to a well outgassed food grade that exists in the base model some had issues with early on. That is, 'we've been here before'.

I think both sides are sincere (usually), it's just a 'politics, sex and religion' sort of area that can mess up the thread. And has many times in the past on FC (the reason for the rule?).

I hope you go with F2, IMO it's a fine machine and almost certain to please. And at attractive prices from a maker with excellent reputation for Customer Support. Hard to go wrong. I also hope you stick around, there are a lot of very fine folks around here very happy to help when/if they can. I suspect if you do stick around you too will become one of those very types?

Thanks for 'listening'. Regards to all.

It really could become a nice little vape for my gymbag or when I dont want to bring the mighty outdoors.
Waiting for a sale

I agree, and I don't even know your gym bag. Nor have one of my own. But if it's anything like my pants pocket........

Good luck on the sale part. Perhaps when/just after the upgraded model comes out? Then again, it's already pretty low for what it is, a guy could be enjoying it right now if he 'could swing the price'. I have many vapes, this guy sees a lot of use. Another of Vitolo's suggestions I'm glad I heeded.

OF

Last edited:

Mr.Kite

Damn,thats a good price.
I crashed my spaceship in a garage in europe.
So, that is that.
Best price here for willie's credit card is 136$
And they dont include the WTA here in the Eu.

Is using the dosing screens in the fury2 just as easy as using the capsules in the mighty?

In the mighty its a breeze and a joy.

I can imagine it to be not that smooth in the fury.

Right?

Last edited:
Mr.Kite,
Reactions: OF

hinglemccringleberry

There's plenty of people throughout this thread that have been making that claim.
"Extremely isolated airpath" "Medical Grade components" etc.

I never got defensive b/c I understand the concern. Overgeneralizing people is bad, mkay.
You can easily test the F2 yourself if you want to prove that the airpath is isolated. Plug the intake holes on the bottom and draw, see what happens. You get zero aitflow if its not a defective unit. Also check out puffitup.com's teardown of the F2. Problem solved.

Speaking of inhaling, you know whats really unsafe? Living in northern CA while there's a quarter million acres worth of forest fires raging all around us. Thankfully Ive got a N95 mask for when it gets really bad and a Fury 2 with an isolated airpath so I can use cannabis to protect my lungs from the health hazard of living in this region during fire season. There are about 8 million things in this world that will shorten your life and the Fury 2 vapor path is not one of them.

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Or maybe this,
free-shipping-gas-mask-water-pipes-sealed-acrylic-hookah-pipe-bong-filter-smoking-pipe.jpg

Top Bottom