Multi-brand HEALTHY RIPS FURY

HealthyRips.com

Healthy Rips Team
Company Rep
Sorry if it was asked already but @HealthyRips.com com will there be a glass mp for the fury similar to the fierce mp?
Hi, Possibly in the future - but it would require a new design to the current glass attachments for the FURY 2 as well.
I just swished the mouthpiece in 91% iso and the inside of the end where you put your lips has patches of white on the black plastic. I’m OK with it if it is just discoloration. @Healthy Rips is it safe to use like this or does it need replacing?
Hi, What we have found in the past is that this is not discoloration but a waxy residue from your herbs. You can take a toothpick or the included dab tool and scrape off the white waxy residue. Regardless, the mouthpiece is made with food-grade, high temperature PET plastic (thermoplastic) and this will not affect the performance or cause any health risk.
What's an easy way to get the concentrate pad out of the F2 without damaging it?
Hi, The concentrate pad should not get stuck unless it has some sticky stuff on it? However, to remove it - heat the FURY 2 to max temperature (430F) and then take one or two draws to heat the pad. Once heated - you can use the included tweezers and carefully grab the top of the pad and slowly pull it out.

Thank you for the questions!
Healthy Rips Team
http://www.healthyrips.com

Last edited:

Vitolo

Vaporist
What's an easy way to get the concentrate pad out of the F2 without damaging it?

A dental tool or a hobby pick.
DSCF1030_zps567b183c.jpg

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Thanks.

It's not that it gets stuck. It's just that the fit is quite snug and it doesn't pop right out when you turn it upside down so you have to grab hold of it. I had been using something close to what @Vitolo recommends, it just starts to pull the coils out with a sharp tool. I'm hoping that the heating first may allow it to slide out on its own when inverted.

chimpybits

tl:dr: Fierce +capsules vs Fury +native

I'm after a truly portable herb vape - cycling, hiking, walking. With my tolerance, my AA is too weak for this. I only use it stationary when traveling (e.g. hotel rooms); otherwise, I'm tethered to my SSV.

My goal really is to replace both my SSV with an at-home portable and my AA with a powerful, convenient portable. I'm thinking Tubo at home and Fury 2 out-and-about. (Also I need to order new large donuts and a mod for my DV 3). Cheapest F2 I've found btw for Canadians is janemary's and the herb cafe ($165 and $171).

I've been debating between Fierce and Fury. The advantage of the former is the capsules are the right size and the few tweaks are an improvement (haptic, longer timer, better glass system). On the other hand, the Fury is smaller, cheaper, matured, and the native chamber is the right size.

With the Fury I'd likely be using Doob Tubes (perhaps funnel too), native chamber and mouthpiece, and a battery pack. With the Fierce I'd likely be using capsules and either the plastic mouthpiece or the small straight glass one.

Anyway, today I pull the trigger on the Fury 2. - no accessories. Or should I opt for the Fierce Glass Bundle (along with dosing caps later)?

Any thoughts on my thoughts?

Relevant quotes below
...I got the Fury 2 to use as a truly portable self-contained 1-piece vape to take around with me all day. I don't really leave the house with the Air because I don't want to bother with the glass stem and it's impossible to use when i'm somewhat out of breath, like on a hike or bike ride....if you own an Air, u know what I mean. I don't take the M out because of the torch.

I've had the Fury 2 for 3 days and it's been pretty awesome. It ticks off all of my boxes. I can really see me using this as a daily driver both in and out of the house. So far I'm liking a full load of about .12 vaped over three 4 minute cycles. I see visible vapor on every hit on all 3 cycles. I feel like HR truly tried to hone in on things that people don't like about existing vapes and gave each thing a good solution.
  • I like how small it is and how cool it looks. Some great performing vapes are so awkwardly bulky and look ...weird.....to be carrying around. *cough S&B portables* THis thing looks like a little high tech gadget. It's small and concealable. I like the material on the outside- it gives it some grip and seems like it can take some abuse getting thrown around in my bag. One thing I don't like is the healthyrips.com URL on the side. Kinda cheesy. Wish it had FURY 2 on one side and blank on the other.
  • Heat-up time is insane. I can't believe I'm going from room temperature to 400 in half a minute. That blows my mind. I'm so used to conduction vapes that take minutes to heat up so this convection is really refreshing.
  • This is something that few vapes can do, and the Fury 2 does it really fucking well - you get a great hit starting with the FIRST hit. You all know what i'm talking about when you know that the first 1-2 hits are useless on certain vapes - wimpy weak first hits while the material needs time to heat up. Not a problem with the Fury 2
  • Cleaning - not sure what to say about this yet. I haven't owned it long enough to need a real cleaning. My concern right now is the bottom of the chamber...i mean tiny particles of material MUST fall in there, right? I see HR is saying it will all burn off in the heating process. But I'm still paranoid about it. I might to try cut a regular stainless steel screen to fit it and put it on top of the stock screen.
  • I kinda wish the area around the bowl on the body was 1 piece with no seams. The crevices where the horizontal meets the vertical body panels are collecting weed. There's also a seam where the metal cylinder meets the horizontal at the top of the chamber where weed collects. I try to brush out those areas after each bowl because I think if it's left alone, it will get resiny and gunky.
  • I like the lights in the see-through air path. It looks cool at night and it's simple. The display is good, no complaints. The simple 3 button operation is good.
  • Battery life is good. I can get about eight 4 minute cycles.
  • I have a weird fear with the cover because it firms very firm and snug, and it pushes right up against the power button. My fear is that will somehow wear out the power button or something? I mean.... it can't be good to constantly be pushed in by the cover, right? I don't know. NOt a big deal to me at this point. --- Edit to add: I'm just inobservant. There's an indentation inside the cover to allow room for the button!
Anyway, I really like this thing. I love being able to load it up and throw it in my bag and leave my house and get on with my day!

Too bad you missed it. Still, you can order your caps for the regular price. Still worth it.

I'm with you. Ever since I discovered caps, all of my vapes have remained flower/kief virgins. Caps eliminate the need to stir, which is dirty and drives me crazy sometimes. Caps are so much cleaner--I've used 'em in my Crafty for eight months now and my oven still looks new and no loose abv to make a mess during dumping. Caps are so much more convenient when on the go: I ski/bike/alpine hike/etc. Caps are infinitely easier in the wind, snow, cold, mist, etc. And its so much fun to make kief sandwiches in advance of a big eve, like a proper hostess!

Those of us who followed HR's directions should all be getting 15 caps, even though it says 1 order of 5 caps on the slip. We should all find out on Monday or Tuesday, I hope. And soon thereafter, once they are in hand, we will discover the best means of carrying a couple.
EDIT. Been suffering from VIS for years - exacerbated by thriftiness, international shipping, constant reading of fc, and astrological sign (?). Now it's reached critical mass and I'm approaching impulse purchase. Help!? :uhoh:

Last edited:

Mr. Me2

tl:dr: Fierce + capsules VS Fury + native

I'm after a truly portable herb vape - cycling, hiking, walking. With my tolerance, my AA is too weak for this. I only use it stationary when traveling (e.g. hotel rooms); otherwise, I'm tethered to my SSV.

My goal really is to replace both my SSV with an at-home portable and my AA with a powerful, convenient portable. I'm thinking Tubo at home and Fury 2 out-and-about. (Also I need to order new large donuts and a mod for my DV 3). Cheapest F2 I've found btw for Canadians is janemary's and the herb cafe ($165 and $171).

I was debating between Fierce and Fury. The advantage of the former is the capsules are the right size and the few tweaks are an improvement (haptic, longer timer, better glass system). On the other hand, the Fury is smaller, cheaper, matured, and the native chamber is the right size. With the Fury I'd likely be using Doob Tubes (perhaps funnel too), native chamber and mouthpiece, and a battery pack. With the Fierce I'd likely be using capsules and either the plastic mouthpiece or the small straight glass one.

Anyway, today I pull the trigger on just the F2 from janemary's. - no accessories. Or should I opt for the Fierce Glass Bundle (along with dosing caps later)?

Relevant quotes below
A couple things to consider:

1. Do you need immediate gratification or can you wait (the Fierce will be a little wait).

2. Battery life - if the Fury2 has a strong enough battery to last a day for you, that may be the way to go. If you’re concerned about battery life, then waiting on the Fierce may be a better plan.

Sorry I couldn’t simplify for you.

Last edited:

chimpybits

A couple things to consider:

1. Do you need immediate gratification or can you wait (the Fierce will be s little wait).

2. Battery life - if the Fury2 has a strong enough battery to last a day for you, that may be the way to go. If you’re concerned about battery life, then waiting on the Fierce may be a better plan.

Sorry I couldn’t simplify for you.
Yeah, I've considered these:
1. I can wait.
2. No the Fury won't get me through a day. However, I'm hoping a battery pack will solve that. I have no experience with them, but would expect a small vape with a battery pack is handier and stealthier than a big vape with a big internal battery?

I think my 2 factors really are price and loading (capsules vs native):

1. I can afford either, but the F2 at $165 CDN is somehow easier to make the leap vs Fierce about $100 more. Also, I'd be tempted to spring for the Glass Bundle and definitely capsules (+ more shipping) for a total of about $330. Perhaps charger and 2nd battery: $380.
- True, I now have a very versatile kit that would last longer and I could use at home. However, that need will be met by an at-home portable (e.g. Tubo).

2. I have no experience with either dugout (chamber) or capsules. I can see how capsules would be convenient out-and-about. However, the relatively cheap F2 I would just use roughly - not worrying about keeping especially clean. Just use the little beast to death. Dump (toss ABV) and reload.

Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
tl:dr: Fierce + capsules VS Fury + native

I'very been debating between Fierce and Fury. The advantage of the former is the capsules are the right size and the few tweaks are an improvement (haptic, longer timer, better glass system). On the other hand, the Fury is smaller, cheaper, matured, and the native chamber is the right size.

With the Fury I'd likely be using Doob Tubes (perhaps funnel too), native chamber and mouthpiece, and a battery pack. With the Fierce I'd likely be using capsules and either the plastic mouthpiece or the small straight glass one.

Anyway, today I pull the trigger on just the F2 from janemary's. - no accessories. Or should I opt for the Fierce Glass Bundle (along with dosing caps later)?

Relevant quotes below

If you are planning on a portable battery charger than that would help quite a bit with a Fury 2. I don't vape more than 3-4 bowls out of the F2 on any given day so the battery is not a concern for me. It lasts long enough until I'm able to charge it at home. It has yet to die and leave me stranded, but then I'm a light to moderate vaper. I absolutely love the stealth of the F2 and the great hits you get. I am mostly a home (plug in) vaper and only need my F2 for occasional day trips or working out in the yard for fun. If I was on the road a lot and more dependent on a portable then the Fierce may be more up my alley.

MonkeyTime

tl:dr: Fierce +capsules vs Fury +native

I've been debating between Fierce and Fury. The advantage of the former is the capsules are the right size and the few tweaks are an improvement (haptic, longer timer, better glass system). On the other hand, the Fury is smaller, cheaper, matured, and the native chamber is the right size.

Anyway, today I pull the trigger on the Fury 2. - no accessories. Or should I opt for the Fierce Glass Bundle (along with dosing caps later)?

Relevant quotes below

EDIT. Been suffering from VIS for years - exacerbated by thriftiness, international shipping, constant reading of fc, and astrological sign (?). Now it's reached critical mass and I'm approaching impulse purchase. Help!? :uhoh:

Hey @chimpybits ,

I think this is an easy one.

I'm not sure if you're on the list for a Tubo yet, but they take a while, so unless you're waiting on one that just shipped in this last batch, it's going to be a while. If you are waiting, I'd do nothing until you've tried it. While for me it's not a great out and about vape, just a little too large, it can fill a lot of shoes for you. And those new wood stems with caps may change the out and about thing.......

The Fierce looks to be a incredible beast like it's older, smaller brother the F2. I've got my Extreme package ordered and will be adding dosing caps as soon as you can, I'm that confident that it's going to be fantastic. But it is first production run of V1, there's a small wait and there could be some problems.

That brings us to the F2. It's a special little vape. It hits incredibly hard for such a little package, and manages the heat just fine. It's available now and has had all the quirks worked out. I feel fully confident recommending it. There isn't much out there like it, maybe the GH, and that brings a whole host of quirks and problems!

Later if the Fierce lives up to the hype, you can watch for one used and join that party too :razz:

chimpybits

Anyone care to post a link to a power bank that they're using or would recommend with the F2? I'd prefer smaller and faster. Less capacity is fine, say 1-2 charges.
I've only come across a couple searching this thread:​
My power bank turned off after it was done charging. Anker make great power bank

31iKwrc2dDL._SY400_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00Z9QVE4Q/ref=dp_ob_neva_mobile

The newer version of the one I use. IDK how many charges tho I get haven't kept track

Doesn't seem to, charging defaults over use? IMO even those that allow this do so at the expense of more battery abuse. If it takes longer to recharge than discharge, that's a clue the wall wart isn't able to support it all and the battery is constantly being discharged for a while, then charged again......all at elevated temperatures.

I think there's some fun bank options to explore like this one?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XQTGJ25/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Really tiny, and fresh AA alkalines are as close as the nearest convenience store?

OF

Last edited:

Mr.Kite

A question to the people who own their Fury2 for some month now (maybe 1 year?)

How is the battery holding up.
Since it is non-user-removable the fury2, sadly, is destined to become a door stopper at some time.

LesPlenty

Company Rep

Mr.Kite

So, fury2 veterans....

What do you have to sa about long term endurance of your fury2 built-in battery?

Mr.Kite,

sickmanfraud

@chimpybits I have been a MMJ patient for the last 5 years. Without a doubt, the Tubo vapes are amazing.

The Tubo (painted black if you want) is not any bigger (heavier) than a Fury 2 and a power bank.

I would suggest checking out if a Tubo with a wood stem and dosing cap (compatible with S & B) may suit all your needs.

I would still buy the FIERCE with or without the extra battery you will not run out of power easily and the total weight, number of pieces to carry around is less (bad back when I leave my house I try not to carry even an extra ounce or 2).

So, fury2 veterans....

What do you have to sa about long term endurance of your fury2 built-in battery?

IIRC there is a lifetime 1/2 price upgrade once batteries bite the dust.

Mr.Kite

For all fury2 or only the ones bought directly from HR?

Any ecperience how long a fury2 can be used daily until the battery bites the dust?

Mr.Kite,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I cam use mine for 6 full sessions (that is the max I use it for without charging).. and the battery line shows about 25 to 30% left.
I have never taken it to the end of battery life.

Skunkport

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I have been hammering mine since I got it. I try to put it on the charge every time I put it down but still manage to hit the Low Battery protection fairly regularly.(I always use it on max temps through water so rarely look at the screen) I have not noticed any degradation in the battery since owning it and I have not heard of anyone that has. I have not been hitting it as hard the last week or so as my new WS log is giving it some competition as my favourite daytime vape.

chimpybits

Last edited:

OF

I said somewhere about this and was told the cotton is glued to the q-tip so you are essentially vaping glue! I now us cotton or degummed hemp with tweezers instead if I want to vape reclaim.:tup:

I believe 'you've been misinformed' as the saying goes? Cut one open, see if you can find the glue? Consider that some glue might 'get loose' and end up on the surface or stem..... There are videos on making your own, twist the stick against the cotton and it winds on 'by itself'. There are also videos of machines making them at flank speed, no glue. There a bit of glue loose in the machine would make a mess of Herculean magnitude in half a heartbeat?

I pull the ends off sometimes, never thought of vaping the stick......but no glue involved?

For vaping, I like very dry weed.
I have kept bud dried out in a mason jar for 5 years, and it was still good.
I never humidify (I did when I smoked).
I burp my jars with fresh weed once a day as they cure, until the buds are crispy to the touch.
Personal preference.

With you there, oh 'Sage of the High Desert'. Dry is good, it vapes faster and basically DOES NOT FOUL. It seems it's the condensed water that makes the big messes. All the water has to be removed before it can make vapor, you can do it before or wait for the vape to do it........

I too 'air dry' before use, sometimes putting an open jar on top of my router for a bit of gentle heat.
It's size and form have made this my most recent go-to for a portable vape.
It is a perfect unit for most patients I have worked with.

Bingo! While many vapes are similar, this one is the champ at the all important 'rides well in the pocket'. Lack of sharp edges and corners makes it easy to handle.

The last line is golden to me, how can you argue with "perfect"???? Well, I guess there's always 'same thing, only cheaper' but I think the point with Vitolo's 'customers' is well worth serious consideration.

Regards and best wishes to all.

OF

Top Bottom