Multi-brand HEALTHY RIPS FURY

Tiny88

Deluxe420
What temp are you using and what is your "wicking material" to grasp the concentrates?

Also what temp on FF2. I don't own a FF2 but believe it can go to higher temperatures.

Just want to let you know that I am VERY new to concentrates, so I may be doing things wrong.

Temp @430F.

I didn't use any "wicking material", as I am just mimicking what I do for my FF2. For my FF2, I just put my shatter on the concentrate pads and away I go.

I also watched a video for butter in a Sutra Mini, and the individual just put the butter straight into the quartz container... no wicking material.

Tiny88,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
@Tiny88 I'd like to see that video but I was under the impression that the cup was not worth the time.

I use Rayon or Hemp Fiber or Organic Cotton as a wicking material, I'm not a big fan of pads but how space is your pad taking up does it touch all the of wall, 360.

paytonpenn,
Reactions: Tiny88

Tiny88

Deluxe420
@Tiny88 I'd like to see that video but I was under the impression that the cup was not worth the time.

I use Rayon or Hemp Fiber or Organic Cotton as a wicking material, I'm not a big fan of pads but how space is your pad taking up does it touch all the of wall, 360.

I saw a video for the Sutra Mini and the person using concentrates in it was producing some serious clouds. Since I equated the Sutra Mini = HR Fury, I was expecting the same performance with the Fury.

As for the FF2 pad dimensions... Yes the pads touch 100% of the wall (all 360). In fact it is sometimes difficult to get the pads out of the bowl.

Tiny88,

VisiblyVaped

I saw a video for the Sutra Mini and the person using concentrates in it was producing some serious clouds. Since I equated the Sutra Mini = HR Fury, I was expecting the same performance with the Fury.

As for the FF2 pad dimensions... Yes the pads touch 100% of the wall (all 360). In fact it is sometimes difficult to get the pads out of the bowl.

I'll be able to give you 100% info in a couple days but till then -
We've all established the Fury is like the little brother of the Force from HR.
I own the force and bought the fury earlier.

They run off the same heating element and concept I think. The performance should be pretty damn close to the same.
Unfortunately, the Fury doesnt have the "force mode" option which fuckin works wonders....

Anyways - I only use the chamber and it works great. I like to preheat it actually and let it sit then load my chamber with a dab in. I start at setting 3/4 (things are already heated) and draw a,few times casually. Put temp high, then I really pull on it.
I've had great results everytime.

I really do wonder if the 4 vapes that share a body type do indeed share the same internals.

VisiblyVaped

That makes sense. Good clarification.

I thought it was something like it supplemented extra heat when you're taking a large draw to counteract the cooling that occurs....

I like force mode. I'll like having that control on the fury.

VisiblyVaped,
Reactions: Meach

Tiny88

Deluxe420

@paytonpenn

- here is the video,

Cheers,

Tiny88

I'll be able to give you 100% info in a couple days but till then -

Anyways - I only use the chamber and it works great. I like to preheat it actually and let it sit then load my chamber with a dab in. I start at setting 3/4 (things are already heated) and draw a,few times casually. Put temp high, then I really pull on it.
I've had great results everytime.

@VisiblyVaped

- so are you using the quartz container for concentrates? or just the regular chamber?

Thnx

Tiny88

Last edited by a moderator:

paehtod

The force only came with a regular steel chamber. If the fury comes with a quartz I'll use that

The fury do included a tiny Quartz tank but I never try it becoz I can not possess any oil/concentrate in my location.

paehtod,

VisiblyVaped

The difference between the two is what excites me as a consumer/reviewer.

I'm currently vaping a chemdawg hybrid (flower)out of the FORCE with the glass mp and at setting 2 I had GREAT flavor and clouds. This has a steel airpath though.
The Fury, although it has a plastic mp I believe, has a glass vapor path I think.
That difference alone should be noticeable in all aspects but then a quartz bucket vs a metal chamber is going to change the concentrate game regarding these two in my rotation.
Potentially at least. I'll receive unit Thursday and I've had the Force for about 5 days or so (can't recall when I bought it)

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
The difference between the two is what excites me as a consumer/reviewer.

I'm currently vaping a chemdawg hybrid (flower)out of the FORCE with the glass mp and at setting 2 I had GREAT flavor and clouds. This has a steel airpath though.
The Fury, although it has a plastic mp I believe, has a glass vapor path I think.
That difference alone should be noticeable in all aspects but then a quartz bucket vs a metal chamber is going to change the concentrate game regarding these two in my rotation.
Potentially at least. I'll receive unit Thursday and I've had the Force for about 5 days or so (can't recall when I bought it)
Quartz bucket is garbage throw away immediately.

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
How are you using it? I saw some respectable hits with it at Champs.
I am not pro towards the quartz bucket because I felt it wasted through a lot of my concentrates that were put in. Also it was fairly messy outside of the cup after a few loads. Airflow is vastly restricted which was expected but its just a bad experience in my opinion and wouldn't recommend.

I use either rayon/hempfiber/organiccotton in a similar method to how I use most vapes that are convection with concentrates. I am still planning on doing a video but only have CBD slabs and powder but whenever I get new slabs I'll try and get a video before I go through most of it.

This video is with the MVT but it gives an example of what I do which is wrap up my dab and allow it to sit in a bed of cotton but preferably have the bed away from the heater so any excess oil isn't pulled into your mouth and instead pulled onto the second layer of cotton/wicking material

I could probably do a quick hit will just a tiny bit of Isolate to show you but when its loaded with wax I get amazing production. Even which .01g of isolate I feel production is better than the quartz cup will ever produce. Also you don't have to wait until its up to temp to start inhaling.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
thanks @paytonpenn - I saw some good hits at Champs, but didn't see the bowl afterwards to see how messy it might get...good point!

Some of these conduction vape pods for concentrates are working a little better than when first introduced, so I'm gonna start testing them more to see if we've gotten anywhere with the concept. With the Fury, I would think the convection air would better vape concentrates in a cotton-like medium like you use, as opposed to a glass can that can only be heated through conduction.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Yes the snake bites his tail with convection vaping of concentrates: you need holes for the air flow, as convection is just hot air, but when you get holes the concentrate runs through them. Either the concentrate is above the heater and can drip into it and clog everything or the heater is above the concentrate and then it drips downstream into the stem or worse your throat...

All cans, capsules, dishes etc force you to have conduction heating in the end. Induction as in a recent announcement will be exactly the same, although *perhaps* more efficiently and uniformly.

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Yes the snake bites his tail with convection vaping of concentrates: you need holes for the air flow, as convection is just hot air, but when you get holes the concentrate runs through them. Either the concentrate is above the heater and can drip into it and clog everything or the heater is above the concentrate and then it drips downstream into the stem or worse your throat...
I haven't had any too many issues with it seeping into the stem with my devices (but totally know what you mean and have experienced it). If I see any oil build up in my glass stems its a clear sign I didn't set up my device for concentrates correctly or I loaded too much oil.

I've been using convection concentrates with cotton and this design since 2012 when I got my first UD. The cellulose fibers are amazing at trapping concentrates without entirely restricting airflow I highly recommend not inhaling fast until its clear that the oils have been caught in the wicking fibers.

Tiny88

Deluxe420
I am not pro towards the quartz bucket because I felt it wasted through a lot of my concentrates that were put in..

@paytonpenn
- Yes, I have found that the quartz bucket used 50% more shatter than my FF2 with concentrate pads... pity I was hoping to move away from the pads, as cleaning them are a bit of a pain. Also when I have overused the pads, the concentrates leak through and onto the bottom of my chamber.

Yes the snake bites his tail with convection vaping of concentrates: you need holes for the air flow, as convection is just hot air, but when you get holes the concentrate runs through them.

@KeroZen
- Yes, I was wondering if perhaps that the quartz bucket was a design flaw, as convection needs hot air to cook, thus concentrate pads are more effective.

I guess I will stick with my FF2 setup for my shatter then.

Last edited:

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
@paytonpenn
- Yes, I have found that the quartz bucket used 50% more shatter than my FF2 with concentrate pads... pity I was hoping to move away from the pads, as cleaning them are a bit of a pain. Also when I have overused the pads, the concentrates leak through and onto the bottom of my chamber.

@KeroZen
- Yes, I was wondering if perhaps that the quartz bucket was a design flaw, as convection need hot air to cook, thus concentrate pads are more effective.

I guess I will stick with my FF2 setup for my shatter then.
This just my opinion but metal pads suck thin screen meshes are way better but still kinda suck alone. Pads add too much off flavor and are PITA to clean. In the end, I highly recommend something like Rayon which can be found in a crazy bulk for like nothing, http://www.sallybeauty.com//cellucotton-beauty-coil/SBS-580006,default,pd.html

With Rayon/Cotton/Hemp you'll just discard the used fiber once dried and load your next dab in a new one. Seriously think you should try it even with your FF2, you might find yourself liking it more.

Quartz cup is just something that is kind of expected with these vapes but everyone familiar with these Chinese origin vapes will know the wax cups just aren't that great. All vapes even conduction to start with I've gotten better results just loading the chamber.

I've tested a lot of materials and started a couple threads like this but it doesn't seem like many are using their convection vapes for concentrates, I do think metals are a bit inferior compared to fibers.

paytonpenn,
Reactions: Tiny88

joint46go

And its impossible take long shot on 420... :(

Even if I do not use the tongue in front of the air stream I burn my palate

Last edited:
joint46go,
Reactions: vapen00b
Top Bottom