Multi-brand HEALTHY RIPS FURY

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Omf, that mouthpiece looks pretty curved. Does it come off easily? I might be able to make something for it, but It doesn't look like it would lock into the vaporizer easily....
The mouthpiece does not come off easily, it requires a bit of forcing and angling. Easy to do when you want to though.

paytonpenn,

VisiblyVaped

Healthy Rips Force - Full Review by VisiblyVaped

First, I'm not affiliated with this or any other company and I purchased this vape on my own accord with my own hard earned money. I want to get that out there, I'm doing this just like I did my NV review strictly because
A. I find it fun and
B. People need to know these things. The best thing for our community is an abundance of unbiased reviews (and quality vapes).

I'll be rating this on cost, effectiveness, ease of use, vapor production, battery life, and overall bang for buck.

Regarding battery powered portables, I've used the Pinnacle Pro, the Arizer Air, the Arizer Solo, Thermovape T1, MFLB, Iolite, and the Xmax v2 Pro.
I have a damn good basis of comparison.
For desktops I've used so many and have personally owned the EQ, the Volcano, the Da Buddah, and my beloved NewVape Flowerpot.

The vape and the materials I'm working with -
xi1UW2W.jpg

bApuqpt.jpg

As you can see I'll be testing it with dry herb, wax, and shatter. I'll also briefly touch on "force mode" and when that's applicable.

So, let's begin.....

Cost - 9/10
This was tough. It's the best portable bang for the buck vape out there in my opinion. Period.
People can make arguments about a couple other great portables, whether the US made ones or the vapes we love from our German friends, but not for under 200 bucks. And it has a year warranty, with great customer service.
I also believe if the unit ever dies on you, even multiple years down the line, they'll replace it for half price. With whatever modifications have been done since. Maybe @HealthyRips.com can clarify that for everyone. That shit is a ridiculously good deal though.

The only reason it didn't get a 10 is that I hate the fact that vapes are so expensive in general really. Though if it was like 119.99 on average I'd do a 9.5

Effectiveness - 10/10
Is your goal to chase clouds. It does that.
Vape concentrates with big rips AND seamlessly transition to dry herb.
Yea, it does that too.
Clouds on low settings? Yep.
User friendly? You bet ya.

This vape is awesome. It can hit like a pipe, sip or rip it, and it really does do concentrates well in the chamber. I was skeptical AS FUCK about that but it blew me away. I do suggest using what's called "force mode" with wax or for getting the last out of your herb. It seems to help with bigger hits, likely by conpensating heat for how hard you draw. I dunno, I'm no scientist, just a guy who's high and loves his vape.

Oh yea. ....from lime green to this
8GgfNuK.jpg

Ease of use -9.5/10
It's super simple. Take 30 seconds to read the manual. Would have given it a 10 if it was digital temp. I'm nitpicking here to try to touch on what I think people would complain about.

Vapor Production - 9/10
There's no draw resistance and you're going to get clouds no matter how hard or soft you draw. I would toggle back and forth between the glass mp and the plastic one actually, simply because the plastic had a bit more draw resistance which I liked.
Some of your clouds will be slightly airy, they're not all super dense, but overall every single hit per load of herb or concentrate was enjoyable with good visible vapor.

Battery life - 8/10
I believe I've gotten 6-8 bowls per charge. I will do a full charge and report back but so far that's a good estimate.
It's not quite 60 min, but it charges via mini usb so that's a huge plus on its own.
It's not a removable battery, so anything has to go through healthy rips, but again......one year warranty anyways and half price replacement after that.

Overall - 9/10

Best portable I own. By far. Best battery operated portable I've ever tried.
You won't beat this for 150 bucks. I've searched, I've tried many, you just won't. Its a little bigger than some may like, and there's tiny drawbacks here and there, but I really think people should be more aware of this things awesomeness.
I don't give a damn about the convection/conduction thing going on, or the "rebranding" (if the body is the same but the inside isn't, it's not really rebranding?).......I just want people to know that for 150 bucks you'll get clouds for days of dry herb and concentrate

Hope you all enjoy reading this, highly suggest you try the vape. Peace
5Xj3kLo.jpg

I still want to try the fury but I bet much of this review will apply!
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/healthy-rips-force.24566/

VisiblyVaped,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Well if this is the case and if healthyrips won't open one up for us I will gladly open mine up. I'm very curious as well.
Hey @Zow237 ,it has been more than a month since my request on unit teardown and it is still ignored by the otherwise very responsive @HealthyRips.com, are you still planning on opening yours ?I guess they are not comfortable with exposing the "secret" they share with 5 other brands ... Anyway.. since the glorious reviews keep appearing and also some friends ordered it ,i cannot help myself but wonder,what are those guys gonna be/breathing... As mentioned ,there are decent performing chinese vapes,but i have yet to see one that doesnt has its heater wrapped in polyamide tape, and most of them dont deliver the claim of isolated airpath.
I am not trying to be pain in the ass but since your company is named Healthy Rips i think you should defend that name with some facts/photos,otherwise you are just waiting for the moment when someone opens their unit,and everyone is ,damn WTF have we inhaled... IMO, it is much better for a company to be open about their products,other than users having to dig up the truth themselves.

Last edited:

VisiblyVaped

Hey @Zow237 ,it has been more than a month since my request on unit teardown is still ignored by the otherwise very responsive @HealthyRips.com, are you still planning on opening yours ?I guess they are not comfortable with exposing the "secret" they share with 5 other brands ... Anyway.. since the glorious reviews keep appearing and also some friends ordered it ,i cannot help myself but wonder,what are those guys gonna be/breathing... As mentioned ,there are decent performing chinese vapes,but i have yet to see one that doesnt has its heater wrapped in polyamide tape, and most of them dont deliver the claim of isolated airpath.
I am not trying to be pain in the ass but since your company is named Healthy Rips i think you should defend that name with some facts/photos,otherwise you are just waiting for the moment when someone opens their unit,and everyone is ,damn WTF have we inhaled... IMO, it is much better for a company to be open about their products,other than users having to dig up the truth themselves.

I could be completely mistaken but I thought that was done somewhere (another forum perhaps)?

VisiblyVaped,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

Abysmal Vapor

I could be completely mistaken but I thought that was done somewhere (another forum perhaps)?
Can someone post me a link if that's true ? I've seen a teardown of the Force,and the Weecke Fenix,but not on the FURY,maybe it was some of the other re-brands of the FURY that was opened,i tried googling without luck?

Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: vapen00b

HealthyRips.com

Healthy Rips Team
Company Rep
Hi @Abysmal Vapor, Sorry you felt ignored. We did a tear-down on our FORCE vaporizer which has the same convection technology and isolated air path as the FURY. You can see that here: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/healthy-rips-force.24566/.
The air paths in our FURY and FORCE vaporizers are identical (except for length) and completely isolated. If you put your finger on the bottom air intake hole - you cannot get any airflow whatsoever. There are no leaks.
We have been very responsive and open about our products - nothing to hide.

Here is a picture of the inside of the FURY showing how the bottom silicone seal seals the airpath to keep it isolated - you only get fresh air entering the air path:

fury-internaldisk_orig.jpg

Here is another picture of the FURY showing the ceramic heater inside the isolated food-grade stainless steel air path:

furyairpath_orig.png

All the Best!
Healthy Rips Team

Abysmal Vapor

Hi @Abysmal Vapor, Sorry you felt ignored. We did a tear-down on our FORCE vaporizer which has the same convection technology and isolated air path as the FURY. You can see that here: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/healthy-rips-force.24566/.
The air paths in our FURY and FORCE vaporizers are identical (except for length) and completely isolated. If you put your finger on the bottom air intake hole - you cannot get any airflow whatsoever. There are no leaks.
We have been very responsive and open about our products - nothing to hide.

Here is a picture of the inside of the FURY showing how the bottom silicone seal seals the airpath to keep it isolated - you only get fresh air entering the air path:

fury-internaldisk_orig.jpg

Here is another picture of the FURY showing the ceramic heater inside the isolated food-grade stainless steel air path:

furyairpath_orig.png

All the Best!
Healthy Rips Team
Thank you very much for the response ! I guess i was too quick to judge you,sorry for that :) !I am only left to wonder one thing, cause wires are not on focus on that photo,can you please tell me if the wires of the heater are naked or have some kind of isolation,if so,do you know what material is it made of ?
Edited:
Is that silicone piece under the heater where the blue arrows are ?

vn7dbh9368zean5w.gif

Last edited:

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
The mouthpiece does not come off easily, it requires a bit of forcing and angling. Easy to do when you want to though.

Hmm, I see.

I wonder if my Large NuSonG would be a good option for this vape - shove the NuSonG into the glass piece, and then press-fit the vaporizer against the mouthpiece. I think could be an airtight seal. Although if someone would like to shoot me some rough dimensions to look at, I might have a better idea.

HealthyRips.com

Healthy Rips Team
Company Rep
Thank you very much for the response ! I guess i was too quick to judge you,sorry for that :) !I am only left to wonder one thing, cause wires are not on focus on that photo,can you please tell me if the wires of the heater are naked or have some kind of isolation,if so,do you know what material is it made of ?
Edited:
Is that silicone piece under the heater where the blue arrows are ?

vn7dbh9368zean5w.gif

Hi @Abysmal Vapor, no need to apologize - we understand and share your passion for health - this is exactly why we started our company. We use the highest quality and most effective food-grade materials for our pathways. We are building our reputation and there is no way we would use inferior materials and sacrifice your health just to save pennies.

Thank you for your excellent questions. The silicone seal in the picture we posted is at the very bottom of the air path. This is where it seals the bottom of the air path (under the heating element) and also against the body of the FURY - keeping the air path completely sealed from the internals. Looking at this image that you have posted - the seal would be at the very bottom where the stainless steel tube presses against the inside of the body (where the blue arrows start).

The wires are insulated in the external portion of the air path - but they are bare/naked as they pass through the silicone seal and into the air path. I.e. there is no insulation around the wires once they enter the air path and connect to the heating element.

All the Best!
Healthy Rips Team
http://www.healthyrips.com

Hmm, I see.

I wonder if my Large NuSonG would be a good option for this vape - shove the NuSonG into the glass piece, and then press-fit the vaporizer against the mouthpiece. I think could be an airtight seal. Although if someone would like to shoot me some rough dimensions to look at, I might have a better idea.
Hi @Ratchett, we are currently working on a 510 attachment for the FURY - but it will not be available for a few more weeks. We could send you a FURY mouthpiece to help you with a WPA design - if you would like one - please PM us your address and we will send you a mouthpiece today.

All the Best!
Healthy Rips Team

Last edited by a moderator:

DirtyD

:haw:So you can fill the bowl half way, all the way or just crumbs. You or anyone else can just Chuck some crumbs in the already small bowl.. Or do like me and finger bust a bud down and let it dump in bowl no more than 3/4 to top. Light tamp or not, by hit 2 on 400 I get there quick and easy.. Cheers, D.:goat:
:spliff:edit: you can't beat the quick heat up and hand feel - form factor. Dropped it a few times. Still pushing vapor like a champ. If you can get this for 120 or less why not? D

DirtyD,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

joint46go

I don't know much but I would make sure the fenix rebrand actually has the internals correct like healthy rips does.

Dont risk health for 40 bucks

I have 2 hippie rebel .... I also have two fenix I have dismounted several times and fixed the stickers it dosent has other problems....

I would like to remember that weecke is the original producer and therefore the fenix is not a rebrand.

VisiblyVaped

I have 2 hippie rebel .... I also have two fenix I have dismounted several times and fixed the stickers it dosent has other problems....

I would like to remember that weecke is the original producer and therefore the fenix is not a rebrand.

I honestly don't know the validity of this, as I thought HR had different internals. I just want people to vape in a healthy manner.
Whatever works dude

VisiblyVaped,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Yes, either the Weecke original design has the same internals, in which case all brebrands should be the same and it's not clear what Healthy Rips did to improve their variant. Either they really have as they claim an improved version, in which case something must be different in the other OEM's...

KeroZen,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Yes, either the Weecke original design has the same internals, in which case all brebrands should be the same and it's not clear what Healthy Rips did to improve their variant. Either they really have as they claim an improved version, in which case something must be different in the other OEM's...
On a blind test I can't tell a difference between my Fury and Rebel except I like the Rebel more (3 clicks > 5).

Edit:

I let a smoker friend try the Fury for a week and she liked the performance. Was okay for the effects but couldn't get into the Fury due to the factory taste. She is only 20 and smokes cigs daily but the flavor was definitely the reason she handed it back to me.

I think its a lot like the Hopper where flavor drastically fades as temp rises. I let another friend try a couple of my wooden portable vapes and then the Fury and Rebel to compare taste. He tried them all off first, then on, then loaded. Fury/Rebel had the most restriction, worst flavor on all tests, and initially he was very hyped about the Fury because of the performance I had shown but opted for the manual wooden vape as it was just pure when not loaded.

Last edited:

joint46go

On a blind test I can't tell a difference between my Fury and Rebel except I like the Rebel more (3 clicks > 5).

Edit:

I let a smoker friend try the Fury for a week and she liked the performance. Was okay for the effects but couldn't get into the Fury due to the factory taste. She is only 20 and smokes cigs daily but the flavor was definitely the reason she handed it back to me.

I think its a lot like the Hopper where flavor drastically fades as temp rises. I let another friend try a couple of my wooden portable vapes and then the Fury and Rebel to compare taste. He tried them all off first, then on, then loaded. Fury/Rebel had the most restriction, worst flavor on all tests, and initially he was very hyped about the Fury because of the performance I had shown but opted for the manual wooden vape as it was just pure when not loaded.

I also have the "alternate" that in the forum is recognized as a vaporizer with a good taste, and I can say that I do not know much difference in flavor with the "fenix /rebel"...

Which temperature do you use? I start at 170 and get at least 5-6 shots with good taste then step to 180 -190 - 215 and in the first 2 shots I always get a bit of flavor... Only 215 I get the classic pop corn flavor

I still think that the "rebel" flavor lasts less than the "fenix / alternate" because the amount of grass in the room is low? The same thing happens when I make microdosage in the fenix, the flavor lasts less

joint46go,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I also have the "alternate" that in the forum is recognized as a vaporizer with a good taste, and I can say that I do not know much difference in flavor with the "fenix /rebel"...

Which temperature do you use? I start at 170 and get at least 5-6 shots with good taste then step to 180 -190 - 215 and in the first 2 shots I always get a bit of flavor... Only 215 I get the classic pop corn flavor

I still think that the "rebel" flavor lasts less than the "fenix / alternate" because the amount of grass in the room is low? The same thing happens when I make microdosage in the fenix, the flavor lasts less
I'm normally set on max temp but I don't feel I should get poor factory-like flavor just because of this. I use all my vapes on whatever there max temp is or push them as far as I can to their limits.

Its not that herb flavor isn't good its that there is another flavor existent when zero herb is in the chamber. Its just not a pure tasting vape. I love abv flavor and with vapes like the Firewood, Vapolution 3, FlashVape I can really tell the stages of abv. I really enjoy a deep dark abv, it gives a wonderful rich and robust flavor.

So generally when using my Rebel/Fury I will either take single puffs at a time or attempt to finish the load all in one quick setting.

Single puffs start at 175C. So I turn on the unit (start inhale around 130C) then turn it off when its around 160C on the first hit. Might do that for about 3 hits then bump to 195C for a couple more hits of similar on/off fashion. Then float on 220C until nothing comes out.

Otherwise I start at 220C until its finished which is hopefully under the timer.

joint46go

Ok I also felt a kind of factory smell ... I hope that with the use it goes away ... also in the fenix and alternate I felt this feeling

In my vaporizer career I only tried flowermate pro and aura,arizer air, pax,crafty,fenix,alternate and rebel now...
Ah i have a wooden desktop classic vaporizer with wip tube that dont use even much

joint46go,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Ok I also felt a kind of factory smell ... I hope that with the use it goes away ... also in the fenix and alternate I felt this feeling
You may just get used to the smell but I've given mine very heavy use for having two and both of these type of units still smell like day one.

EDIT:

I should also mention I'm not a fan of ceramic heaters, I find most vapes using them taste in a certain way when the ceramic is in the airpath. More often than not with no information on the heater I can tell if its ceramic just based on the flavor. I don't know if its a China thing or Ceramic but I've had some "American" vapes with white ceramic heaters that also have the distinct flavor I don't appreciate.

Last edited:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
@paytonpenn: and it is I assume not related to conduction heating? Do you get that taste with steel oven conduction vapes? What about the Solo, they went from SS to ceramic right?

KeroZen,

joint46go

The fury have a ceramic heater the pic is on top....

I do not like the vaporizers with the ceramic chamber ...xD
What is the best portable battery vaporizer according to you?

joint46go,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
@paytonpenn: and it is I assume not related to conduction heating? Do you get that taste with steel oven conduction vapes? What about the Solo, they went from SS to ceramic right?
Its not related to conduction as the Zephyr Ion and Versa Infinity both give me these poor flavors especially when at higher temps.

What are some SS conduction vapes, only one I like is the T-Vape. I have used a couple like the Herbstick deluxe but I'm not sure if that was a metal chamber. Imag with a metal heater had worse flavor than the ceramic variant. But the Imag 3 with ceramic has much better flavor than the T-Vape. All in all T-Vape flavor doesn't bother me, I like its abv flavor. The silicone it uses is garbage and I took that off from the battery and minimize its existence around the nipple.

Solo I don't rank too high in flavor either but its better than a lot of notable primarily conduction units and the Fury/Rebel as it wasn't an underlying complaint about the device. For me the Solo just has no power so it doesn't get me high quick enough and is inefficient for my usage.

@joint46go before that pic I'm sure if you search you'll find I'm repeating a bit of things but I'm sure I mentioned a ceramic heater on this device before that picture.

There is no best vape. Some vapes are good at some things but I haven't found one good at it all things.

Tiny88

Deluxe420
Hey All and @HealthyRips.com

Can someone provide me with some tips or best practice in using concentrates with the Fury. I have used my Fury with some shatter, the vapors are really airy. The stone I get is rather light and not very satisfying; in comparison to my FF2 the high I get is much more intense. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Tiny88

Tiny88,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Hey All and @HealthyRips.com

Can someone provide me with some tips or best practice in using concentrates with the Fury. I have used my Fury with some shatter, the vapors are really airy. The stone I get is rather light and not very satisfying; in comparison to my FF2 the high I get is much more intense. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Tiny88
What temp are you using and what is your "wicking material" to grasp the concentrates?

Also what temp on FF2. I don't own a FF2 but believe it can go to higher temperatures.

paytonpenn,
Reactions: Tiny88
Top Bottom