Multi-brand HEALTHY RIPS FURY

shredder

Greetings! Does anyone have any experience with the quartz tank with their Fury/2? I bought a Fury clone (Snap) and it came with a few accessories, one of which is the tank. It has a small (red) rubber multi-tiered ring on top of it, part of which recedes into the tank and the top of the ring seats on the top rim of the tank, similar to the way the o-ring/screen works for a comparison. I assume it's for concentrates as I know about the concentrate pads (and have one too which I've haven't yet used) but I could be wrong. Any comments or advice on the tank is appreciated.

BTW the Fury/2 rocks! :lol: :peace:

My first fury two (I bought 3) had a concentrate tank as well. I never tried it, at the time the reviews were not good. No one liked it as designed.Soon after healthy rips included the stainless concentrate mesh in its place.

Last edited:

MonkeyTime

My first fury two (I bought 3) had a concentrate tank as well. I never tried it, at the time the reviews were not good. No one liked it as designed.Soon after healthy rips included the stainless concentrate mesh in its place.

^^^ this, mine came with it also. I only tried it once, I'm not sure if I still have it, it was useless.

MonkeyTime

Bravo HR! Took the useless accessory out and replaced it with one that works? Kinda what you'd want.

I don't know about you, but I've already got plenty of useless vape stuff........

OF

Tool and tackle boxes full, as well as bins, I might need it some day!

What did you use with it?
A very small touch of rosin. I believe it was the air flow thru the red silicone cap that drew it up and out and made a mess. It was literally a large fleck off a full dab and I cleaned for a long time vowing never again.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Tool and tackle boxes full, as well as bins, I might need it some day!

A very small touch of rosin. I believe it was the air flow thru the red silicone cap that drew it up and out and made a mess. It was literally a large fleck off a full dab and I cleaned for a long time vowing never again.
Thanks! I’d be afraid of a mess too and I have some rosin too which my Source Slim 4 and various atomizers handles all too well (in fact perfectly and the only concentrate portable vape I’ll ever need - well I hope anyway).

Perhaps one day if I’m bored and have time on my hands I might try the quartz tank but it will sit in my ‘paraphernalia tackle box’ for now. :peace:

Vaporific

I'm sure you'll enjoy it, and use it often. Still plenty of time to get the VM, you need a good backup anyway.....

Good luck with it.

OF
Yeah, I need a good dry herb backup too. I’m using a Fury clone which is the backup to my pre-order Grasshopper Ti now in for service for the first time. The Fury/2 are excellent - but it’s good to have a backup. But doesn’t bode well for keeping VAS at bay, lol.

OF

Yeah, I need a good dry herb backup too. I’m using a Fury clone which is the backup to my pre-order Grasshopper Ti now in for service for the first time. The Fury/2 are excellent - but it’s good to have a backup. But doesn’t bode well for keeping VAS at bay, lol.

Actually I think it can. The idea is to pick a backup that's efficient/effective and easy and fun to use in it's own right. Something like the VM or maybe a nice VG which are both Butane powered with well earned followings. Not something similar like a Solo/Air/ArGo or FM. Something that works as 'a change of pace' when you tire of your main vape can, I think, substitute for that 'next vape'. At least sometimes?

A backup you'll use from time to time anyway, rather than stash away somewhere.

Regards to all.

OF

WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated
I'm sure you'll enjoy it, and use it often. Still plenty of time to get the VM, you need a good backup anyway.....

Good luck with it.

OF

Eventually I'll grab the VM too.... maybe black Friday may show a special somewhere...

The fury2 will be back up to my dynavap omnivap, as a change of pace type vape. I have several vapcaps because they are just so easy for me to use and get good results from, they're tiny, and I can't break a full ti vapcap.

I break everything.... I do a lot of fishing, bowfishing, camping, kayaking, hunting and hiking... have tipped my kayak with the omni in my hand.. my clothes were still dripping but I was high as a kite as the VC never slowed down... Not many vapes can keep up with me like this. So I'm sure it'll remain number 1 to me for durability reasons alone.

But like said... it's nice having a change of pace. And I'm looking forward to giving this fury a go.

Had tracking number in about an hour after ordering... so far so good!

Being too lazy to read a lot right now... about how many dosing caps can you go through in 1 charge?

shredder

Actually I think it can. The idea is to pick a backup that's efficient/effective and easy and fun to use in it's own right. Something like the VM or maybe a nice VG which are both Butane powered with well earned followings. Not something similar like a Solo/Air/ArGo or FM. Something that works as 'a change of pace' when you tire of your main vape can, I think, substitute for that 'next vape'. At least sometimes?

A backup you'll use from time to time anyway, rather than stash away somewhere.

Regards to all.

OF

A great fury 2 back up would be a fury 2, inexpensive, works great, stealthy and great customer service. Everything you need in a back up

Vaporific

Eventually I'll grab the VM too.... maybe black Friday may show a special somewhere...

The fury2 will be back up to my dynavap omnivap, as a change of pace type vape. I have several vapcaps because they are just so easy for me to use and get good results from, they're tiny, and I can't break a full ti vapcap.

I break everything.... I do a lot of fishing, bowfishing, camping, kayaking, hunting and hiking... have tipped my kayak with the omni in my hand.. my clothes were still dripping but I was high as a kite as the VC never slowed down... Not many vapes can keep up with me like this. So I'm sure it'll remain number 1 to me for durability reasons alone.

But like said... it's nice having a change of pace. And I'm looking forward to giving this fury a go.

Had tracking number in about an hour after ordering... so far so good!

Being too lazy to read a lot right now... about how many dosing caps can you go through in 1 charge?
Black Friday is indeed almost here. I've heard several vape manufacturers have had deals on Black Friday. Hmmmm, I feel onset VAS :lol:. Seriously however, taking a break in routine is true whether it's emphatic, i.e. none at all, or using a different vape - or for those who still subscribe to combustion, myself included but rarely these days - it's a great way to go too taking a break or breaking routine. It's not so much varying the material - or amount, temp, etc. - but doing something different or not at all for a bit helps reset your system after a while. I've noticed this more the last several years as I've converted to vaping; not sure if it's because of actually vaping, age or other. And I'm not that curious nor excepting further discourse on the theory. I think vaping makes it easier to cease altogether if necessary, at least for me which I've done a few times too the last several years. But I digress.

OK, back to my Fury...:):peace:

WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated
Got my Fury2 in this morning. That was quick. Tracking said it wasn't coming until tomorrow.

I like the size and feel right off the back. Love the weight. The dust cap is a dust and dirt magnet but that's not a huge deal.

I got it charging up now. Cleaned everything while it was charging. Once it's charged ill do a couple burn offs and give it a go.

I did make the mistake of ordering the bubbler instead of the wpa.... I never vape through water anymore but wanted the WPA for a mouthpiece. While ordering I was even thinking... huh that's a cool looking little bubbler but that wpa will serve me much better.... and still I ordered the damn bubbler lol.

It is a cool looking glass piece, and I'll try it out.... but it makes it bulkier than I like and I'm not so interested in using water filtration. So I'll have to man up and order the wpa as a mouthpiece soon if it functions well.

Edit to add.... my bubbler is very loose in the chamber... even when cold.... I expected the opposite? It will fall out of the unit if i hold it upside down. Very loose ?

Last edited:

shredder

Got my Fury2 in this morning. That was quick. Tracking said it wasn't coming until tomorrow.

I like the size and feel right off the back. Love the weight. The dust cap is a dust and dirt magnet but that's not a huge deal.

I got it charging up now. Cleaned everything while it was charging. Once it's charged ill do a couple burn offs and give it a go.

I did make the mistake of ordering the bubbler instead of the wpa.... I never vape through water anymore but wanted the WPA for a mouthpiece. While ordering I was even thinking... huh that's a cool looking little bubbler but that wpa will serve me much better.... and still I ordered the damn bubbler lol.

It is a cool looking glass piece, and I'll try it out.... but it makes it bulkier than I like and I'm not so interested in using water filtration. So I'll have to man up and order the wpa as a mouthpiece soon if it functions well.

Edit to add.... my bubbler is very loose in the chamber... even when cold.... I expected the opposite? It will fall out of the unit if i hold it upside down. Very loose ?

The silicone cover is easy to clean. Just rinse it with water and pat dry. Dirt comes right off.

If the glass accessories are loose when the heater is cold you may want to contact healthy rips. On occasion the glass can be sized slightly off. They are helpful and good to deal with.

Vaporific

welcome to the fury2 club.

this tiny little unit serves me well when I am attending sport events or concerts.
so fast, so small, so all black.
a true vape ninja.... besides the clouds....
So, so true! I've learned to dial down the temp to lessen the clouds when out and about and/or take shorter draws. It's a wonderful, small unit!

I'll throw this out: any good ways to clean the o-ring/screen? My grind is not too fine but it does cake up the screen after a few loads.

OF

I'll throw this out: any good ways to clean the o-ring/screen? My grind is not too fine but it does cake up the screen after a few loads.

If by 'good' you mean effective and easy, I (still) recommend the dishwasher. I put it in the silverware holder part when doing the normal load. Or use a small jar (I use an old baby food jar for such things) and pretend you're a dishwasher (shake it some, let it soak, rinse and dry on a paper towel). Using normal dish washing detergent (those for machines, where contact with the hands isn't a factor, are more aggressive).

Best of all is PBW, a custom detergent made for Coors to wash brewery gear clean of the same sort of hydrocarbon junk:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/pbw-the-chemistry-of-clean.7854/

OF

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
So, so true! I've learned to dial down the temp to lessen the clouds when out and about and/or take shorter draws. It's a wonderful, small unit!

I brush it out regularly, while still hot. When it gets too clogged, I just drop the screen part (remove from silicone) in a little iso for a few hours. A little rinse afterwards, and it’s as good as new.
A few iso wipes and minor elbow grease will also do the trick.

Vaporific

If by 'good' you mean effective and easy, I (still) recommend the dishwasher. I put it in the silverware holder part when doing the normal load. Or use a small jar (I use an old baby food jar for such things) and pretend you're a dishwasher (shake it some, let it soak, rinse and dry on a paper towel). Using normal dish washing detergent (those for machines, where contact with the hands isn't a factor, are more aggressive).

Best of all is PBW, a custom detergent made for Coors to wash brewery gear clean of the same sort of hydrocarbon junk:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/pbw-the-chemistry-of-clean.7854/

OF
Thanks! I hadn’t thought of dish detergent or in a dishwasher. I have both, machine and sink, kinds. I like the thought of a drop of detergent and hot water in a jar for a soak. I’ll try that!

I brush it out regularly, while still hot. When it gets too clogged, I just drop the screen part (remove from silicone) in a little iso for a few hours.
I use an interdental (wide) brush quite a bit on the screen and also brush out the chamber. Use it with my Hopper too - small, cheap and disposable (one lasts months).

I kinda know the screen comes out; I ‘accidentally’ found this out but didn’t think it was intended to so I’ve avoided this. Perhaps I’ll try it again!

Glad that you both think ISO & silicone don’t mix :)

steama

Thanks! I hadn’t thought of dish detergent or in a dishwasher. I have both, machine and sink, kinds. I like the thought of a drop of detergent and hot water in a jar for a soak. I’ll try that!

I use an interdental (wide) brush quite a bit on the screen and also brush out the chamber. Use it with my Hopper too - small, cheap and disposable (one lasts months).

I kinda know the screen comes out; I ‘accidentally’ found this out but didn’t think it was intended to so I’ve avoided this. Perhaps I’ll try it again!

Glad that you both think ISO & silicone don’t mix :)
When my Fury 2 screen gets dirty I put my lips together and blow, and when that doesn't work I simply remove the screen from the silicone and clean it with ISO. A very brief exposure of silicone to a light ISO wipe does little to nothing to degrade it. Soaking anything you care about in solvents may not be a good idea.

:)

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Yeah, I just remove the screen from the silicone and wipe it off with an iso soaked q-tip. Ten to thirty seconds and it's clean.

Or, just wipe it off with a rag with a bit of iso on it.

It's really not a big deal.

Last edited:
Top Bottom