Multi-brand HEALTHY RIPS FURY

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I run it at 380F for one 4 min heat cycle, then a second at 425F. That normally kills the bowl.
Sometimes I'll run two cycles at 380 before the one at 425, if that first cycle is still producing strong vapor at it's end.

Last edited:

OF

Love Arlo's rant, beginning around 2:20

Think @OF would appreciate it

Arlo was like a punk hippie

And that I do. It's probably escaped most Folk's notice but the current FC theory on why the new HR FIERCE issue with 'bricking' (all of the thousand or so units are being recalled) has to do with guys needlessly messing with Centigrade degrees rather than the real ones? Fools.

Remember Winston Smith, the main character in Huxley's prophetic 1984? He was upset because the new found half liter of brew didn't satisfy like the old pints did. And don't get me started on how they replaced the good old 'fifth' of liquor, standard for generations not with liters (which would be bigger) but with .75 liters which is smaller and more expensive. It's a plot, guys. That stuff should stay in the old world. It's enough we rebelled against 'pounds/shillings/pence' and went to metric money, perhaps too much. I'm still partial to 'two bits' (of Gold) being a quarter dollar.

Alro Guthery, for those who don't know, is the son of Woody Guthery, a truly iconic American Folk singer, a giant.

Thanks for the video, like his song "Alice's Restraint" truly fun stuff. For those who care, of course.

Regards to all.

OF

ChooChooCharlie

@OF - thought you would enjoy that rant. Vito may be the sage of the high desert, but you are FC's wizard of wit and wisdom. However, my fellow travellers back East would take issue with your spelling of Guthrie. Readers, apologies again for temporary thread and sanity derail.

Recipient of Fury did not mention anything about taste, and liked the ability to take a healthy rip rather than a sip. He never saw the marketing on the box, so his conclusions were free from confusion or coercion concerning those contentious C-words

LesPlenty

Company Rep
we-americans-reject-your-royaltys-laws-taxes-spelling-and-tea-but-35258390.png

nuff said.

OF

Yuppers. F**ing ridiculous. We should be ashamed of ourselves.

I don't know why, the foot is a perfectly whimsical unit of measure. Like the inch. Or the yard. Why does everything have to be ten times bigger or smaller? Boring. Sterile, no tradition.

Perhaps the ones who should be ashamed are the Brits who gave up such fun to be more like the French? At least they still drive on 'the proper' side of the road, leading to the littering of the streets on both sides of the channel each spring with autos belonging to tourists with smashed fenders. Some traditions are worth keeping.......

OF

OF,
Reactions: Vitolo

OF

1984 was by George Orwell

Right you are, I hope he's not upset....... I goofed myself up, I loaded 'Brave New World' on my Kindle a while back and have been 'pecking at it' from time to time. Fun to reread since it takes place here locally.

Winston still hated metric. Prophetic.

Thanks for the correction.

OF

Edit: Boy, I'm really spacing out books and authors.......It's "Earth Abides" that happens in my area. Also a thought provoking book from my past I'm re reading slowly.

Winston Smith was still right.

I don't recall who said it but, '1984 was really a typo, but by the time the author realized it the publisher said it was too late'.

OF

Last edited:

MonkeyTime

I have a Fury 2, WPA, glass mouthpiece, bubbler and dosing capsules on the way!

Has anyone come across endcaps that fit the Glass mouthpiece/WPA? I would love to be able to seal in the odors for portability

I haven't seen them yet, but making your own isn't hard. Search Oogoo or Sugru Substitute.

I've made battery caps, stirring sleeves, etc., fairly inexpensive and easy once you get the hang of it !

Ubiquito

I haven't seen them yet, but making your own isn't hard. Search Oogoo or Sugru Substitute.

I've made battery caps, stirring sleeves, etc., fairly inexpensive and easy once you get the hang of it !

Sugru looks really cool! I may give it a try.

Ubiquito,

OF

My opinion:
The first 1-3 hits are a little more flavorful with the Solo.
After that, the Fury 2 becomes the better tasting vape.
The F2 taste remains decent/neutral for much longer while the Solo flavor quickly goes downhill.

I think I agree with that, although I think the differences are slight? Using the dosing capsules seems to increase this 'stretch out the flavor' part, especially when you match load sizes. Without doing this match, there's maybe twice the herb in the Solo load? Even so, I think the capsules might 'last longer'? Even more so if you cheat a bit and mix in some bubble hash (I like 2:1 myself, two parts herb, on bubble). Such loads 'go and go and go'. Brings the THC content back on par, or even a bit more, than the all herb load twice it's size.

Either is a fine vape, neither will really disappoint most folks......and I think those that are will be disappointed by both? That is one is not the cure for the other.

But other factors, strain, cure, grind (to some extent), temperature and perhaps most important how clean the gear is dominate the 'truly great taste' issue. Taste is subjective to a large extent anyway, the vape with the cleaner stem is more likely to get the blue ribbon everything else being equal?

So the only way to really resolve the issue is to personally buy both and test, test, test......

OF

OF,
Reactions: ataxian

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I think I agree with that, although I think the differences are slight? Using the dosing capsules seems to increase this 'stretch out the flavor' part, especially when you match load sizes. Without doing this match, there's maybe twice the herb in the Solo load? Even so, I think the capsules might 'last longer'? Even more so if you cheat a bit and mix in some bubble hash (I like 2:1 myself, two parts herb, on bubble). Such loads 'go and go and go'. Brings the THC content back on par, or even a bit more, than the all herb load twice it's size.

Either is a fine vape, neither will really disappoint most folks......and I think those that are will be disappointed by both? That is one is not the cure for the other.

But other factors, strain, cure, grind (to some extent), temperature and perhaps most important how clean the gear is dominate the 'truly great taste' issue. Taste is subjective to a large extent anyway, the vape with the cleaner stem is more likely to get the blue ribbon everything else being equal?

So the only way to really resolve the issue is to personally buy both and test, test, test......

OF
I’m a big user of the SOLO?
The FURY I need 2 try?

My favorite is the SOLO of all the portables I’ve tried?
I haven’t tried a FURY?

Am I wrong?

@OF I don’t get it?

OF

I’m a big user of the SOLO?
The FURY I need 2 try?

My favorite is the SOLO of all the portables I’ve tried?
I haven’t tried a FURY?

Am I wrong?

@OF I don’t get it?

You'll never be a complete man until you do. Neat little thing fits in your pocket very well, even better than ArGo I think.

I bet you find it useful. Even you. The stock MP is even pretty tough......

OF

hinglemccringleberry

My opinion:
The first 1-3 hits are a little more flavorful with the Solo.
Are you comparing using equal amounts of bud? Or does the Solo taste better because the Solo stem holds more bud than the F2 stem? IME, the bigger the load the better the flavor as your mouth is absorbing more terps at once.

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I purchased directly from Healthy Rips, if you do not have to worry about portability, I would skip the Fury and go straight for the Fierce, seems like it is just more of a good thing.:tup:

LesPlenty,
Reactions: ataxian

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I purchased directly from Healthy Rips, if you do not have to worry about portability, I would skip the Fury and go straight for the Fierce, seems like it is just more of a good thing.:tup:
I don’t need a new portable. (Bling is why!)
I just want 2 try something different?

Some portables taste like the rear-end of some kind of mammal?
Does the Fierce have decent flavor?

Top Bottom