• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Healthy Rips FIERCE

OF

Gentle Friends,

I've had my FIERCE for half a day now, long enough to charge it up, do a few burn offs and try a session with the bent stem. Something I'll have to revisit.

But then I did what I think a logical test I don't think anyone has: An A/B test against Fury 2? I loaded both with the same herb, using the normal MPs, set both to to 390F and powered both up together. And sat with F2 in my right hand, the new one in my left (not that it matters which, of course).

F2 'made temperature' faster. 35 vs 45 seconds (FIERCE's clock, counting up, is handy here). This is an indicated temperature of the heater, not load of course. To me this indicates more power is being used heat the larger bowl, but not enough to completely offset the difference? F2 battery only half charged, it should be a bigger difference with equal charges you'd think? Anyway, fairly good vapor from F2 at one minute, FIERCE was still very thin. Which makes sense to me since the larger load has less surface area per unit of volume and longer heatpaths to the center of the load to slow things up.

At two minutes, F2 was rolling right along, FIERCE was catching up, but still behind. By 3 minutes it was basically a push, although FIERCE had less restriction for those who are big fans of hard hits (I'm a sipper, personally). This held to four minutes and shutdowns. No doubt the bigger vape has more life in it's ABV of course, but I'd have to say that in a flat out race to vapor F2 leaves the new guy in the dust.

I'm going to repeat a time or two, perhaps others who have both can try it and report? Either to confirm or tell the world just how full I am and what exactly it is I'm full of? TIA.

The two are definitely different beasts, although FIERCE does fit in my pants pocket (if it's empty) F2 is definitely easier to tote around. Not only smaller, but much lighter. Depending on your POV the new display is less useful IMO. It has more information displayed but the font is smaller? I don't really need to know 'full time' what the setting is for temperature and time limit for instance. I'd prefer bigger displays of the information I do need for better use without my glasses. The vibrate on turn on and especially turn off is nice (I often get caught sucking on a cooling F2), but some might like to be able to turn that off for stealth?

Very solid construction, as others have said. A real 'handful' for sure, makes F2 feel like a toy? Much bigger and heavier. I'm not big on USB-C, although it charges faster than the mini used on F2, it's an 'oddball' around here. I had to swap cables around so I could charge from my usual rig which monitors charge rate and total charge transferred. That may/will change over time.

I'm not sure I like the new retention system for the MP. It has a habit of sticking to the cover as it's pulled up and off, not a really useful feature IMO.

Anyway, it's not just a bigger F2. I see it as a different device, with different strengths and weaknesses? Both have their place, with only some overlap in features/function. FWIW I think this guy will better serve groups while F2 will continue to be the call for MMJ, travel outside the house, quick 'top up' hits and such. When it comes time to put it on a WT F2 should move over and let FIERCE pass. I'm not sure what I'd answer 'which would you take if you could only have one?'. It's not only too early to tell, but fortunately I don't face that hard choice.

@Vitolo, you have both, right? Am I correct in guessing F2 would work better for your customers?

Great product, IMO, at least thus far. And while it should be judged on it's own merits it seems natural to compare to F2.

Weekend regards to all.

OF

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I have both as well but haven't compared them head to head because even a half a bowl in each would be more than a typical solo session for me. I've been thinking about it though.

But then I know what the Fury 2 is like. I've probably used it more than any vape I own since getting a D020.

I forget who posted a page ago that the Fierce stretches out his/her sessions compared to the Fury 2 and that's definitely one of my favorite things in these early test drives. I tend to take long hits that are medium to hard and the Fierce's draw resistance is great for that.

@OF did you find the Fierce vapor to be cooler? I definitely feel like I'm getting bigger, more comfortable hits. Try both with bent glass if you can. I prefer the Fierce because it's more comfortable to inhale through a bubble-tea straw than a soda straw.

Vitolo

Vaporist
@Vitolo, you have both, right? Am I correct in guessing F2 would work better for your customers?
The few patients I have shown the Fierce so far, all have arthritic conditions...
for this reason they experience more comfort handling the lighter weight Fury 2.
I still have many more patients that I will be showing the Fierce to, so I will know more as this week rolls around.
I have been enjoying testing the fierce in a variety of situations.
I will chime in when there has been a better sampling of patients reactions.

OF

Gentle Friends,

I've had my FIERCE for half a day now, long enough to charge it up, do a few burn offs and try a session with the bent stem. Something I'll have to revisit.

OK, I couldn't wait long at all on this. It was bugging me why my first attempts were so lack luster. It had everything going for it to compete with Solo (a personal favorite and standard of a sort) but came up short? Same basic stem, same basic heated cup system, same herb......

So I took a more careful look at things, this time without the "Accessories Attachment" a shoe that the glass tube body goes through down into the oven which holds it in alignment and provides a seal against the top of the vape where the MP normally does. But now I could clearly see that the stem bottom (the plate with the holes) was well above the oven, not to mention being 'above the cup mouth'. Conduction of heat into that area is sure to be slower due to the longer path. More over, convection is working against us in this case I think. The 400F (or so) air/vapor mix from below ends up heating this substantial part of the total load as it passes through it? Cooling a bit in the process meaning it's condensing vapor as well? I think this is why I found it so weak at first, and why it 'took too long to get going fully'.

The obvious 'fix', using the domed screen we often use in Solo to reduce the volume of the bowl:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/200981331675?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

'Dome up' they keep the entire load inside the heated cup. It's then much better, IMO, very 'Solo like' in performance. Others might not notice the effect, or care. And some might not agree it's an improvement, but IMO you should consider trying it.

Less draw resistance, by a bit, as well. Three's a lot more area in the holes in the dome than in the glass plate above it. This will only improve with use, unlike flat screens, since more holes 'will be working' as fouling sets in. Not easy to get in the first time, I carefully insert it dome down part way then 'iron out the skirt' (work all the wrinkles out so it's round and smooth) with a stick as I go. You can then carefully insert it 'dome up' being sure to tuck all four 'corners' in before pressing it in. Solo is a bit larger in ID, therefore easier, it's 'sister' ArGo is smaller still and a PITA sometimes.

BTW, I actually used the straight all glass stem that came with the kit, not the bent one, but assume the same thing holds there. I predict a screen there......

Weekend regards to all.

OF

OF

BTW for those who haven't found out about it, there's a neat new function (I don't know of any other vape....): If you push the big button once for a second or so when the unit is off the display turns on for a few seconds and shows the battery level only. Handy for a quick check of charge state.

Nobody's mentioned it yet, I found it hidden in that little book 'nobody ever reads'......

OF

MonkeyTime

BTW for those who haven't found out about it, there's a neat new function (I don't know of any other vape....): If you push the big button once for a second or so when the unit is off the display turns on for a few seconds and shows the battery level only. Handy for a quick check of charge state.

Nobody's mentioned it yet, I found it hidden in that little book 'nobody ever reads'......

OF
I never thought to mention it because it was in the manual lol!

OF

I never thought to mention it because it was in the manual lol!

Makes sense from one POV. But I suggest easily half the guys following along don't (yet) have a FIERCE and therefore no manual to read? And of those who do, we're overwhelmingly male, a gender with a well earned reputation for not asking directions or reading manuals......

And when we do read it, it's usually not a very complete study?

Anyway, now the word is out. Neat feature, I hope it spreads to other vapes. After using it some more I think I prefer the 'count down' timer as found on F2 to the 'count up' one here. The setting is right below it, so you can figure out what '65' means but when it comes down to brass tacks I'm less concerned about how long the session has been than when it will end? Not a big deal, but a real one.

OF

ohmygodimsohigh

Gentle Friends,

But then I did what I think a logical test I don't think anyone has: An A/B test against Fury 2? I loaded both with the same herb, using the normal MPs, set both to to 390F and powered both up together. And sat with F2 in my right hand, the new one in my left (not that it matters which, of course).

F2 'made temperature' faster. 35 vs 45 seconds (FIERCE's clock, counting up, is handy here). This is an indicated temperature of the heater, not load of course. To me this indicates more power is being used heat the larger bowl, but not enough to completely offset the difference? F2 battery only half charged, it should be a bigger difference with equal charges you'd think? Anyway, fairly good vapor from F2 at one minute, FIERCE was still very thin. Which makes sense to me since the larger load has less surface area per unit of volume and longer heatpaths to the center of the load to slow things up.

At two minutes, F2 was rolling right along, FIERCE was catching up, but still behind. By 3 minutes it was basically a push, although FIERCE had less restriction for those who are big fans of hard hits (I'm a sipper, personally). This held to four minutes and shutdowns. No doubt the bigger vape has more life in it's ABV of course, but I'd have to say that in a flat out race to vapor F2 leaves the new guy in the dust.

<snip>

Weekend regards to all.

OF

Hi! I had the same outcome, but now I'm back on the Fierce train.

Today I swapped out the blue silicone gasket with the extra one in the accessory pack and the performance improved drastically.

After comparing further, the gasket that came installed in the device doesn't make a perfect seal against the top of the bowl.

I test by putting my finger over the intake and inhaling, comparing the two.

I hope this works for you!

OF

Hi! I had the same outcome, but now I'm back on the Fierce train.

Today I swapped out the blue silicone gasket with the extra one in the accessory pack and the performance improved drastically.

After comparing further, the gasket that came installed in the device doesn't make a perfect seal against the top of the bowl.

I test by putting my finger over the intake and inhaling, comparing the two.

I hope this works for you!

Thanks for the suggestion. I just tried/tested this but found 'no problem' there. The normal MP and the all glass stem and Accessories Adapter are basically the same seal wise.

Glad you're enjoying your FIERCE.

Thanks again, best of luck on your adventures with your new vape.

OF

Azn2101

Ok there was something up with my Unit from the beginning. I was in constant contact with a buddy who also Pre-ordered the Fierce and his unit at 360°F felt like mine at 390°F with less dry heat. He works a stepping system symilar to the TUBO but in increments according to the temp certain molecules in MMJ start to break down and, good lord this thing will without a doubt & with time & momentum will be in the top 3 Digital portable vaporizers. We planned the Recorded Skype for yesterday but instead, I left home and drove 2 hours to meet at a nuetral location then to a sit and chill Dispensary. Upon arriving and I wanted to test everything I had on my list that I only was able to get to about 1/3rd down before it tanked. Being somewhere that I could walk 10 yards and through a few doors to get Above TS or Budget Material I quickly grabbed an 1/8th that looked very similar to the Nuggets I snuck in cause I wanted to continue with the same materisls
Anyway, after the first loaded capsule I was toast and I really prefer not call attention if possible but the difference in FLAVOR ALONE was enough on first hit to ask and I quote "Did you modify this?" I don't know how to describe the difference other than it felt like his was on steroids, not just a tiny faster heat up time but the unit itself wasn't getting as hot on the outside as mine was. We ended up talking about the unboxing, how it was handled before use, during burnoffs, and current care; our techniques differed we did the same processes but with water in some places where he used Iso to clean every cleanable part other than that it was identical, he did mention that this was his first session vape and that he thought his would break first (jokingly) because he would hold down the power button while inhaling thinking it was powering it until something got brighter on the screen and hes learned to catch himself sometimes although he still does it unnoticed I saw. There were few things I could definitively compare because he didnt have the capsule system and I didn't have the WPA just a ghetto rigged SBL tube plus the I no longer has the unit anymore but among the things I noticed was vapor production at Low-Mid temps on his device (360°F stepping 2-6 °F a time & doing static tests at 350-400°F changing 5 degrees every time) produced clouds with no effort while power drawing to test its capabilities because at that low of a temp inhaling particularly hard would cool the air and Heat sink drastically but his kept producing clouds (all through native MP).

My theory was right about What would happen if someone used a Fierce before a Mighty, of course this is only ONE instance but still big because hes in one of the 3 main targeted groups:
Medical patients & purposes/ People looking to use it recreationally but have to be stealthy because of various factors, biggest is probably living in an illigal state/ Young Adults who are influenced easier and very impulsive buyers than people 25 years or older.
He has had his for a week today and I told him I Didn't bring the Mighty to see what his impression would be with the added surprise of now being able to compare hand in hand and he chose the Fierce because of weight. The ridges that make up the entire body of the Mighty makes that zipper sound when pulled out of pocket against keys or anything like that, the Fierces thickness helped it stay in the same spot in the pocket with many more reasons + Pros & Cons that we talked about over the 2 days we hung out and it was good to get a fresh review from someone who is just like you and me.

StonerSloth

cui bono?
I placed a stainless dome screen in my WPA to reduce the bowl capacity by about half. The screen is dome-down (opposite how most people use them in the solo) and the results are pretty interesting. You can fully extract a bowl much faster due to the additional airflow and the fact that the entire load is much closer to the heater.

This configuration is inching closer and closer to portable-log territory - a 0.05g to 0.10g bowl, just enough room to stir, and enough airflow to kill the load in 2-5 huge rips (depending on input material.) We are really getting there!

Azn2101

I placed a stainless dome screen in my WPA to reduce the bowl capacity by about half. The screen is dome-down (opposite how most people use them in the solo) and the results are pretty interesting. You can fully extract a bowl much faster due to the additional airflow and the fact that the entire load is much closer to the heater.

This configuration is inching closer and closer to portable-log territory - a 0.05g to 0.10g bowl, just enough room to stir, and enough airflow to kill the load in 2-5 huge rips (depending on input material.) We are really getting there!

I thought about those screens for that exact reason thinking that if it truly was going to be much less radiant heat that the F2 needed to make those clouds. The accessories attachments holds most 10mm's and because the rounded ending of SBL's Runt/Jr's MP I really liked how it sat on the capsules and made a good cross-accessory.

OF

You can fully extract a bowl much faster due to the additional airflow and the fact that the entire load is much closer to the heater.

Basically what I found, thanks very much for the confirmation!

FWIW I found it was very much 'faster to full action' from a cold start. I wasn't looking for such tiny loads, but this seems the way to that goal as well!

Thanks again, regards to all.

OF

Mikey

Basically what I found, thanks very much for the confirmation!

FWIW I found it was very much 'faster to full action' from a cold start. I wasn't looking for such tiny loads, but this seems the way to that goal as well!

Thanks again, regards to all.

OF
I’m kind of a noob but my hearts set on the fierce (checks all my boxes: replaceable battery, glass, ect.) But can someone unpack or maybe show pictures of dome down vs dome up/ the difference?

OF

I’m kind of a noob but my hearts set on the fierce (checks all my boxes: replaceable battery, glass, ect.) But can someone unpack or maybe show pictures of dome down vs dome up/ the difference?
Vape Dr did a nice unbox video further up this page.

You can see the premade dome screens I used in this photo:
https://imgur.com/eslZCjG

That's the short stem from Solo/Air with a 'dome up' screen and the screen itself in front. "Dome up" or down being from the perspective of the load. Guys usually use it dome up to reduce the load and dome down to keep it more free flowing and go longer between cleanings (more holes to foul).

BTW, these guys are SS. Very tough with heat. Easy to clean. Pull them out (I use a small hook in the end of a safety pin to pierce the mesh), hold it in tweezers or an old roach clip (which, of course, you have no other need for......) and use a small torch lighter to heat them UNTIL THE GLOW. Any contamination will turn to ash you can brush or blow off. Under a minute and you're ready to go again. No chemicals or fuss.

OF

Azn2101

Vape Dr did a nice unbox video further up this page.

You can see the premade dome screens I used in this photo:
https://imgur.com/eslZCjG

That's the short stem from Solo/Air with a 'dome up' screen and the screen itself in front. "Dome up" or down being from the perspective of the load. Guys usually use it dome up to reduce the load and dome down to keep it more free flowing and go longer between cleanings (more holes to foul).

BTW, these guys are SS. Very tough with heat. Easy to clean. Pull them out (I use a small hook in the end of a safety pin to pierce the mesh), hold it in tweezers or an old roach clip (which, of course, you have no other need for......) and use a small torch lighter to heat them UNTIL THE GLOW. Any contamination will turn to ash you can brush or blow off. Under a minute and you're ready to go again. No chemicals or fuss.

OF

Are the domed screens made from the same material the capsules are made from?

HughJundys

Waistband Optimizer
Staff member
Bubbler broken :(

Handed the unit to a friend. Instead of grabbing it just by the Fierce he wrapped his hand around the bubbler and the Fierce. That amount of pressure caused the stem to snap.

OF

Are the domed screens made from the same material the capsules are made from?

For practical purposes, yes. Both are SS although the alloys might differ. Probably do. I suspect the cap of the capsules might use a different material for the rim than the mesh? Drawing fine wires to weave calls for somewhat different properties than 'stamping out rims'?

Not to sweat that detail? Both are SS.

Bubbler broken :(

Handed the unit to a friend. Instead of grabbing it just by the Fierce he wrapped his hand around the bubbler and the Fierce. That amount of pressure caused the stem to snap.

Bummer. Please resist the temptation to wrap both your hands around his foolish neck. Easier to buy a new stem than find a new friend......and less cops asking questions....

OF

Spelaeus

Ok there was something up with my Unit from the beginning. I was in constant contact with a buddy who also Pre-ordered the Fierce and his unit at 360°F felt like mine at 390°F with less dry heat. He works a stepping system symilar to the TUBO but in increments according to the temp certain molecules in MMJ start to break down and, good lord this thing will without a doubt & with time & momentum will be in the top 3 Digital portable vaporizers. We planned the Recorded Skype for yesterday but instead, I left home and drove 2 hours to meet at a nuetral location then to a sit and chill Dispensary. Upon arriving and I wanted to test everything I had on my list that I only was able to get to about 1/3rd down before it tanked. Being somewhere that I could walk 10 yards and through a few doors to get Above TS or Budget Material I quickly grabbed an 1/8th that looked very similar to the Nuggets I snuck in cause I wanted to continue with the same materisls
Anyway, after the first loaded capsule I was toast and I really prefer not call attention if possible but the difference in FLAVOR ALONE was enough on first hit to ask and I quote "Did you modify this?" I don't know how to describe the difference other than it felt like his was on steroids, not just a tiny faster heat up time but the unit itself wasn't getting as hot on the outside as mine was. We ended up talking about the unboxing, how it was handled before use, during burnoffs, and current care; our techniques differed we did the same processes but with water in some places where he used Iso to clean every cleanable part other than that it was identical, he did mention that this was his first session vape and that he thought his would break first (jokingly) because he would hold down the power button while inhaling thinking it was powering it until something got brighter on the screen and hes learned to catch himself sometimes although he still does it unnoticed I saw. There were few things I could definitively compare because he didnt have the capsule system and I didn't have the WPA just a ghetto rigged SBL tube plus the I no longer has the unit anymore but among the things I noticed was vapor production at Low-Mid temps on his device (360°F stepping 2-6 °F a time & doing static tests at 350-400°F changing 5 degrees every time) produced clouds with no effort while power drawing to test its capabilities because at that low of a temp inhaling particularly hard would cool the air and Heat sink drastically but his kept producing clouds (all through native MP).

Huh. Now I'm wondering if there's anything up with my unit. I was a little disappointed by the vapor production on mine as my Fury 2 beats it handily on that front at the same temp. Mine also gets pretty warm on the outside and even drawing lightly causes the temp to drop faster than expected. I figured this was all a factor of the larger bowl size and increased convection, but I'd definitely want to know if some units are performing better.

Spelaeus,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure

I haven't fucked with any screens in my Fierce and while I find OF's forum posts to be invaluable I don't notice the need for a smaller bowl on the Fierce. It's true that it's bigger than the Fury 2. However, the glass accessories attachment makes the bent stem and wpa look a bit cleaner than the Fury 2 and they work well half packed or a bit less. It's true that the stainless chamber prefers at least a half pack for best results. I just don't use the black mouthpiece that often with either device.

If you're buying a Fierce I recommend the glass bundle. The bent stem and wpa are both performing really well for me.

HealthyRips.com

Healthy Rips Team
Company Rep
Huh. Now I'm wondering if there's anything up with my unit. I was a little disappointed by the vapor production on mine as my Fury 2 beats it handily on that front at the same temp. Mine also gets pretty warm on the outside and even drawing lightly causes the temp to drop faster than expected. I figured this was all a factor of the larger bowl size and increased convection, but I'd definitely want to know if some units are performing better.
Hi! Please contact us: healthyrips@gmail.com. We would like to discuss whether or not you have a defective unit. We are on high alert regarding our FIERCE as it is a new release. No worries - we assure you that everyone who purchases our FIERCE will get a perfect unit whatever it takes. Please keep in mind that our FIERCE has been designed for more convection heating and will require a longer draw (10-15 seconds) to get the hot air (convection) to move throughout your material, especially on your first draw. Our FIERCE will give you equal or better vapor production than our FURY 2 once the convection heating 'kicks in'. Our FIERCE is designed to be more of a session vaporizer with the power to replace a plug-in unit or for sharing with multiple people in a group setting. However, with its high convection properties - when you turn the FIERCE off, the chamber cools rapidly preserving your material and allowing you to get multiple sessions from a single load.

Have a great day!
Healthy Rips Team
https://www.healthyrips.com

Last edited:
Top Bottom