Discontinued Haze Dual V3

namasteIII

Anyone know about a haze V4? I know there is the square in the works but is there any news on this front?

namasteIII,

rshetts

Hey quick question guys. How hot does the outside of a unit normally get? Mine is hot enough to be uncomfortable but not enough to be painful or burn me.

The heat issue has been discussed quite a bit on this forum. Bottom line is its hot on the side that the ovens are on and not on the other. Most people simply hold the Haze in their left hand while hitting it. Theres only so much you can do to minimize the heat from oven chambers that fire up to over 400 and still keep the unit light and portable. So I guess learn to hold it in your left hand or go buy a pair of oven mitts.

namasteIII

No news yet. I know you're eager to start another thread.:p
The Square is still in the works so that may be the main focus right now.

Sounds good to me! If the square is done right it would be amazing for my out and about needs. No instant on convection vape at least as I'm concerned has been released without a fatal flaw. Hoping the square can break that cycle.

Marley420

Hey guys. First post here in fc. Im currently in the market for portable vapes. My choices are haze v3, arizer air and ff2. I like the haze's design the best because its stealthy. One question is can i just load like .1g of dry herb per chamber? Can i take 1hit then just leave the herb inside the unit and use it again later?

Vapo

Welcome to FC @Marly420,
I think you can have a quick puff after the dual 2 has reached temperature, while popping the battery, this will cool the unit down as well, saving the rest of what's in the oven for later usage.

Or you could put the hot can in the other cold oven (with tweezers or your finger nail) to quickly cool it off. Which is what I do sometimes with oil.

Back on the air flow topic, I have bent all my herbal lid's in a concave shape over the can's so the sides are open about a 1mm this has increased the air flow the most, and I prefer this than a flat lid.
I like the recycler as well, it looks like a great partner to the dual 2.

Last edited:

Marley420

Thanks for the tips! I will def keep that in mind when i get one. Do you change the trays and screens regularly or do you just clean it?

Welcome to FC @Marly420,
I think you can have a quick puff after the dual 2 has reached temperature, while popping the battery, this will cool the unit down as well, saving the rest of what's in the oven for later usage.

Or you could put the hot can in the other cold oven (with tweezers or your finger nail) to quickly cool it off. Which is what I do sometimes with oil.

Back on the air flow topic, I have bent all my herbal lid's in a concave shape over the can's so the sides are open about a 1mm this has increased the air flow the most, and I prefer this than a flat lid.
I like the recycler as well, it looks like a great partner to the dual 2.

mutten840

Has anyone found not to go over a certain angle when using the concentrate cans. I am trying to figure out if anything could leak out or if it is really hard for them to leak when heated

mutten840,

Vapo

Thanks for the tips! I will def keep that in mind when i get one. Do you change the trays and screens regularly or do you just clean it?
I use 100% isopropyl, I then use a small jar of it and soak everything that gets gummed up in the Haze(I have a bunch of cans and lid's), including the cotton bud outer bits I used to clean the Haze with, and then run it through a paper coffee filter, and evaporate the ISO, and reuse the tasty residue oil, in the oil can.

Works very well

@mutten840 I haven't had a problem once I get it started, however I try to keep the unit fairly sideways, I only ever use small amounts in the bottom of the all purpose can's (goes a long way). You can also use a small piece of organic cotton to hold the oil/concentrate, if you prefer to load the can with a lot as well.

Last edited:

Spocks_Katra

I just want to say ive been incredibly iimpressed at the efficiency of this unit. One little can of .15 is getting me VERY medicated as a heavy user! It still has that 'new vape taste" but im sure as I put it through the works more, itll go away. All in all I am loving this unit, especially for the ability to have 2 preloaded cans

Drexciya

Homage to the Deepsea Dwellers
Yeah that new vape taste will go away. I used a new unit this weekend and it had a new vape taste as well. But it is getting less and less. But it still tastes different from the dual that is in use longer. So it the taste is still developing.

MinnBobber

I used a new unit this weekend and it had a new vape taste as well. But it is getting less and less. But it still tastes different from the dual that is in use longer. So it the taste is still developing.
Have you cleaned them thoroughly when new??
Haze recommends to NOT do a "burnoff" with empty chamber, but I find this vape (and all vapes) benefit from a cleaning when new. I use a clean q-tip with iso first and then Dawn detergent, and then hot water rinse to clean all accessible parts---and it helps you to get to know your new vape parts. With a new q-tip you can visually check if it comes out pure or you get ant gunk.

On my 2.5 the q-tip had a little black spot which could be from machining oil residue on the stainless mouthpiece or ?? With all vapes, I clean to make sure it has no "production by-products".
Any trace of gunk can give a bad taste.

Drexciya

Have you cleaned them thoroughly when new??
Haze recommends to NOT do a "burnoff" with empty chamber, but I find this vape (and all vapes) benefit from a cleaning when new. I use a clean q-tip with iso first and then Dawn detergent, and then hot water rinse to clean all accessible parts---and it helps you to get to know your new vape parts. With a new q-tip you can visually check if it comes out pure or you get ant gunk.

On my 2.5 the q-tip had a little black spot which could be from machining oil residue on the stainless mouthpiece or ?? With all vapes, I clean to make sure it has no "production by-products".
Any trace of gunk can give a bad taste.

Thank you for the tips. I do indeed clean them every 6 to 9 cans with q tips and iso. I do a dry sweep every 2 cans. The new vape is mostly gone now. It's just only when I compare it to another dual, I am in the lucky position of owning two of these devices, that I notice it. Although at this point I think it is gone, it goes really fast.

Majordude2626

Just a quick shout out to scottg402 from haze. Your customer support is top notch. If someone is on the fence about haze v3, all I can say is take the plunge. Its been my daily driver since I received it, and I'm just super impressed with device and the company. Can't wait to get my hands on a square some day. I pretty much retired my pax after receiving it, unless ultimate outside stealth is required.

Philreal187

I'm a bit late with this post because I was still gathering up pictures. I always travel with the haze and when I spent a week in Vermont two weeks ago this was no different. I managed to get a few cool pictures along the way. Since I was the passenger on this journey I was able to utilize the haze the entire drive there and back!! :ko: It was another awesome scenic trip and full of great memories!!

ycWD75j.jpg

This shady cat was about 50 yards from the Burlington Police station..

iY4wMh7.jpg

qYUMG3X.jpg

Big Chief

VSwsETW.jpg

jGHtc8H.jpg

YcYmX0L.jpg

On a side not I have completely adopted the haze as my new Disc Golf vape. For years now we have 2 dedicated stops that we call bowl holes where a session will never be missed. I have found that loading a haze gives me everything I need in one compact device. I can sip it at temp one or get it ripping when I have 3 other people by jumping right to temp 3. I still love this vape and is definitely my go to portable for sharing and on the go. Its so simple that everyone can grab it and just take a hit with amazing results!!

:peace:

Drexciya

I'm a bit late with this post because I was still gathering up pictures. I always travel with the haze and when I spent a week in Vermont two weeks ago this was no different. I managed to get a few cool pictures along the way. Since I was the passenger on this journey I was able to utilize the haze the entire drive there and back!! :ko: It was another awesome scenic trip and full of great memories!!

ycWD75j.jpg

This shady cat was about 50 yards from the Burlington Police station..

iY4wMh7.jpg

qYUMG3X.jpg

Big Chief

VSwsETW.jpg

jGHtc8H.jpg

YcYmX0L.jpg

On a side not I have completely adopted the haze as my new Disc Golf vape. For years now we have 2 dedicated stops that we call bowl holes where a session will never be missed. I have found that loading a haze gives me everything I need in one compact device. I can sip it at temp one or get it ripping when I have 3 other people by jumping right to temp 3. I still love this vape and is definitely my go to portable for sharing and on the go. Its so simple that everyone can grab it and just take a hit with amazing results!!

:peace:

Awesome photos dude. I like the big chief especially. What mouth piece do you have? It looks really nice, is it wood? I got one in the same color and it is as beautiful in real life as it is in your photos,they really do it justice.

scottg402

Quick question all Haze heads! Can I use the MFLB water pipe whip with the Haze Dual V3? I am talking about this but there is no info on the diameter of the whip attachment / Haze mouthpiece hole.

I know there are dedicated attachments but I can get this particular whip for cheap/free.
I am pretty sure the diameter of that tubing is such that you can slip it right over the mouthpiece and be in business!

MinnBobber

....Can I use the MFLB water pipe whip with the Haze Dual V3? I am talking about this but there is no info on the diameter of the whip attachment / Haze mouthpiece hole....
............................................................................................
I have that MFLB water whip and find it a very useful piece as it works as bubbler connection AND as a great whip with a nice wood hand hold and glass mouthpiece.

On your specific question, I'm away from home so cannot check the connection to my Haze V3. My educated guess is that it will not fit over the V3 mouthpiece "lip" as that whip is fairly narrow tubing. In my head, I see it (OD) as about the size of the Haze MP hole. so it might work via that method, inserted into the Haze???

If not, then a tight fitting short tube over the Haze MP with the MFLB tube inside that tube would likely work. There is almost always a way to connect A to B with some creative tubing experiments.

I like that MFLB whip a lot a would suggest you get it, especially if it's at a cheap price.
If it doesn't work for you, I'll buy it ;)

A bubbler will really help at the high temps so go for it.
Here's a pic of that whip inserted into Ratchett's WPA adapter which has a fairly narrow channel---on a miniVAP but it shows the size.
mV%20Song%20bubbler.jpg

My pet peeve is that almost no companies list the ID/OD of their tubing :(

Let us know if it works--

Last edited:
Top Bottom