Discontinued Haze Dual V3

Ratdawgie

Thanks for the speedy reply. I see Scott is the go to guy from previous posts. Ya I'm not terribly hopeful for a magic fix. Mine did stay on one time on two right when turned it on, but was once only and I did exactly what you did and it began blinking. It was on the dark side though.
Ughh! It'll be like surgery without anesthesia if I have to part with her. It's my go to piece.

scottg402

Thanks for the speedy reply. I see Scott is the go to guy from previous posts. Ya I'm not terribly hopeful for a magic fix. Mine did stay on one time on two right when turned it on, but was once only and I did exactly what you did and it began blinking. It was on the dark side though.
Ughh! It'll be like surgery without anesthesia if I have to part with her. It's my go to piece.
Sending you a pm. :)

scottg402,

woolspinner

I totally understand! When the Haze was my ONLY device and I knew I was going to have to send it in and be without it, I went out and bought my Underdog. I go through cycles, sometimes I use my UD more, but right now I am in a Haze phase.

Vapo

Haze's support is up there with the best I have experienced, and Scott goes above and beyond to help, if you need him with sales or customer enquiries.

As far as leaving batteries in chargers I would never recommend this, unless you know for sure that the battery charger terminates the charger completely, like the one I use (xtar vp4),

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=221831576404&alt=web

this is a top charger and I leave batteries in it till their needed, and never worry about them. It's the sort of charger that you can put them in and forget.
It also has a voltage and capacity reading, which I really like.

If the battery charger keeps trickle charging, as most do, the cells could be damaged after a length of time of being left in the cradle. I don't know if there Haze charger terminates when finished. Maybe someone knows?

I also have made a great discovery that I would like to share with you people.
If you put the herbal can in the dual on a slight angle, so you can see half a circle on the air input hole, then close the lid.
The airflow is spot on with nil restrictions, I am loving how much better this is now.

I am also back to grinding and light packing as well.

Last edited:

MinnBobber

another nice option:
I was going to take a picture but too lazy this morning. If you must have---ask for later pic....

I like the convection screens (the full wire basket) but experimented with the new stainless perforated lid.
I prefer it installed "backwards" with the small overhanging perforated tab mounted away from the air exit hole. The normal direction with the cans is: small perf tab mounts over the exit hole to act as a fine screen.
The convection basket already screens the exit hole so turn it 180 for less restriction.

Note: I like the convection basket with the SS lid as that keeps the "SS pad mounted in the cover" spotless!
Also, since the convection baskets are so moldable, I bend in a little "recessed area" where the SS perf tab fits perfectly. With the normal basket's full shape, it is more difficult to place the perforated lid. With the little indent, it easily slips onto the basket.

If you have a creative option that works, please post.

bibblybobbly

Hello Haze friends. Back to FC forum after awhile, and professing my love for the V3. I got mine around Christmas or so and love the dual chambers, the various screens and cans, and the ease and speed from switch on to vape time. Batteries work great for me too.. nice to have fresh power when needed.

I do have some questions you folks maybe can answer. My switch seems to be glitching, with the white side behaving normally, but the dark side }:o) stays blinking and never goes off, and appears to continue heating up. Usually use mine on 2 with can and chunky herb or convection screens. Hope I didn't hurt the switch when pulling out the stem... they are close to each other. I struggle to get the stem up. Been kinda tight since I got it but tighter after some use, and stays pretty tight after cleaning with ISO also.

Is there any magic combination of clicks on the switch to reset it that anyone knows of? Know some electronics have a programming or reset mode. Really don't want to part with her to mail for repair... not sure of the process yet for repairs either. Here's hoping for a Deux ex Machina like reply. Is there a magic fix? Thanks for any help.
That's messed up. My Haze broke too, and it sucked waiting for them to replace it. I was also kinda worried about sending it through the post. I've read about a few people having electronics issues with V3s on this thread. I'd be interested to see the (admittedly informal and biased) results of a poll for Haze owners: "Have you ever experienced malfunctions with this product? Did it need repair/replacement? etc."

I noticed a small design flaw just now. The conduction screen doesn't fully cover the air hole that leads away to the mouthpiece and provides the suction. When I'm finished a session, I notice how all the herb accumulates near this hole where the suction is coming from. Since a little segment of the hole remains open, little pieces must inevitably be flying into the innards of the unit, and clogging everything up.

I pre-emptively reject the argument that this can be remedied with isopropyl alcohol for the following reasons:
  • Certain parts of the mechanism remain very difficult to access/clean, even with the tools provided.
  • You shouldn't need to be a Cartier watch maker to effectively clean a thing that gets you baked.

box

Has the upgrade program been terminated? I can't find any mention of it on the haze website any more.

box,

Vapo

Sounds like your in for a great weekend.

I gave a friend a go on the Haze dual v3, and he couldn't believe it, that the tiniest amount he had sent him to very Hazy place, he was stumbleing down the hallway when I left. He ordered one the next day, and is having a great time with it now. I just gave him 2 herb cans and a extra lid. He is even happier now.

As far as issues, the way I see it is nothing is perfect in this life, and everything has it's problems, and workarounds. Every vape company will have bad lemons, and need units repaired or replaced. They can easily purchase faulty parts, this is out of their control. (Like faulty switches, batteries and chargers) there is many parts in the chain that can fail.

And every "good brand" addresses the problems, as Haze does. Do not worry, you will receive solid service when you buy a dual 2. Always buy them from an authorized dealer, or directly from Haze.

It's always good to have a backup vape because it does suck badly when the only one you have fails, and you have to send it in, but anything with electronics and mechanical mechanism's, just like a car, can fail. So don't get angry just get it fixed, in my opinion, and always have a backup vape. I have 3 backups now.

Last edited:

Drexciya

Homage to the Deepsea Dwellers
I have both my batteries charged and ordered extra concentrate cans! its going to be a good weekend!

And how is your weekend so far? Mine started out perfectly yesterday. Got some serious airtime with my Haze Dual with some nice haze strain.

Sounds like your in for a great weekend.

I gave a friend a go on the Haze dual v3, and he couldn't believe it, that the tiniest amount he had sent him to very Hazy place, he was stumbleing down the hallway when I left. He ordered one the next day, and is having a great time with it now. I just gave him 2 herb cans and a extra lid. He is even happier now.

As far as issues, the way I see it is nothing is perfect in this life, and everything has it's problems, and workarounds. Every vape company will have bad lemons, and need units repaired or replaced. They can easily purchase faulty parts, this is out of their control. (Like faulty switches, batteries and chargers) there is many parts in the chain that can fail.

And every "good brand" addresses the problems, as Haze does. Do not worry, you will receive solid service when you buy a dual 2. Always buy them from an authorized dealer, or directly from Haze.

It's always good to have a backup vape because it does suck badly when the only one you have fails, and you have to send it in, but anything with electronics and mechanical mechanism's, just like a car, can fail. So don't get angry just get it fixed, in my opinion, and always have a backup vape. I have 3 backups now.

Being new to vaping, as I am, you keep learning new stuff about it every week. Having a backup was one of my first priorities when I got my first dual. I realized I needed one pretty quickly. I liked vaping more then I imagined and didn't want to fallback to combustion. I was also just quitting tobacco at the time and was quite anxious to be in a scenario where I had to cope with going without either tobacco and vaping. So after one week I bought an extra unit.

Things like the Haze Dual can and, unfortunately, will break down at one point. Could be because I have it on my lap while I am standing up. Making it come crushing down on my wooden floor (Although I think it wouldn't even be a real problem) or because of some production error in one of them. In the latter the Haze company or the reseller where you bought it will have your back. And if you can go without one for a few days/weeks, depending on your situation, you don't even need a back up.

I really like the haze and the way it is build. It is well build. It can easily carry it in my pocket without thinking of breaking it, which is nice. I do think that rotating parts in any machinery will be more prone to wear down over time because of friction. That's why I decided to get myself a log vape for when I am at home so I can switch between the Dual and a log vape (A HomeGrown by @RastaVapa ). The Dual is really nice when I am at home and lying on the couch, but it shines when I am outside lying in the grass, or sitting in a boat or when I am at a friends place. Also having the luxury of having two devices with different heating mechanisms is something I think adds to the satisfaction of replacing smoking by vaping.

Vapo

Well done for giving up smocking tobacco @Drexciya , that is one evil plant. I had a real battle with nicotine about 8 years ago, and it can send you crazy trying to give that wacky shit up.
The addiction got hold of me for 20+years and I'm very happy the filthy useless substance nicotine is gone.

I agree, the Haze is built very well, with a tough outer body. It has a 10 year warranty which is amazing for a device like this, and shows the faith Haze have in there products. I think it's also a very easy device to use for a beginner at vaping.
I have been eyeing off that log vape, and I like it a lot, it may be the next on the list, now the mighty is crossed off, (can't handle aluminum heating chamber and alloy cans they must have been tripping when they decided to use alloy in the mighty and not stainless).

MinnBobber

Haze Warranty Reg ??

When purchased directly from Haze, is it necessary to fill out the Haze online warranty registration form?
I could swear I saw somewhere that it is NOT necessary---only needed for purchases from a Haze vendor.
Now when looking for confirmation, I can't find it.
thanks

@scottg402 ??

scottg402

Haze Warranty Reg ??

When purchased directly from Haze, is it necessary to fill out the Haze online warranty registration form?
I could swear I saw somewhere that it is NOT necessary---only needed for purchases from a Haze vendor.
Now when looking for confirmation, I can't find it.
thanks

@scottg402 ??
If you haven't registered we ask you to prior to service. Others register right away. We take care of folks either way.

Here is the link for reference.

Ratdawgie

I have to say that it is correct they have excellent service when requesting repairs... I just finished the process and am waiting for a replacement. They mailed it out as soon as they had confirmation number of the package I returned to them. That saves time without, and after reading about my woes of being without Scott had some options for me. I fixed my backup and am good for a few until it arrives though.

Scott has been excellent. Even put in a surprise for me after whining (as I am wont to do) about shipping costs these days. I also had to register it on the site and fill out a warranty info form that is transmitted online to the company...fairly easy. I found the saved page/ email that I suggest everyone do when buying anything online, as you can find it with a search on your computer months later, especially if you label it conspicuously (which I didn't but the word haze found it). I also had the box which I learned to keep from previous issues with other products, but I didn't need to send back in the box. Just needed the serial number.

All in all I am pleased. Eager to have her back again. Service grade is an A for me. Thanks Scott!

OSD420

Hi guys... just wanted to update...better later than never... I had issues right off the bat with my haze over heating on lowest temp...completely blackening my herb in five draws... returned it and finally got my replacement a week later... Completely different experience. Now getting 17-20 draws per can..I have been vaping it on 1 then bumping it up to two after about 10-12 draws.

I find the clouds are not as good as my ALfa, but the quality /taste is better. Since I received the replacement I have not used my alfa once. I did try vaping the resin from a dry q-tip as someone suggested.. wow! Huge clouds, great taste...got about 6-7 hits off it... can't beat that...cleaning it then reclaiming the resin for a concentrated sesh...Thanks for the Q-tip! Yes that was a bad pun..don't blame me though as I just finished a sesh with my Haze....OSD420

Drexciya

Yes! I am happy to hear that @OSD420, that sounds more like the experiences I have had so far with the Dual.

About those qtips, I am still worried about possible glue residue in the cotton of the qtips..

OSD420

Yes! I am happy to hear that @OSD420, that sounds more like the experiences I have had so far with the Dual.

About those qtips, I am still worried about possible glue residue in the cotton of the qtips..
Hi Drexciya... I watched some videos online of how Q-tips are made. While some do coat the end of the qtip with glue the spin the cotton around it...to me it looks like if you just pull the outermost layer of cotton off with the resin on it you should be fine...?

OSD420,

Spocks_Katra

Hey quick question guys. How hot does the outside of a unit normally get? Mine is hot enough to be uncomfortable but not enough to be painful or burn me.

I also tasted some plastic or silicone on my first bowl. How many sessions does it normally take to get rid of this?

Spocks_Katra,

Drexciya

The outside gets pretty hot. Especially on setting 3 and 4. But it ain't uncomfortable to me.

I didn't notice a plastic or silicone smell at all to be honest, but this is my first vape ever so I compared it to combustion.

deadpooly6

Hey quick question guys. How hot does the outside of a unit normally get? Mine is hot enough to be uncomfortable but not enough to be painful or burn me.

I also tasted some plastic or silicone on my first bowl. How many sessions does it normally take to get rid of this?

That's just because the unit hasn't moved anything through the air path your not inhaling anything harmful. That goes away after the first bowl or so. You'll notice everytime you clean your unit that youll have a different taste for the first bowl or so, not bad though.

deadpooly6,

scottg402

HAPPY FRIDAY HAZE FAMILY!!!!

I hope you are all having a great day so far!

I just wanted to take a moment to draw your attention to a couple of new glass pieces we are introducing! I worked with a local blower here in the Atlanta area to come up with these unique designs.

First we have a Recycler. This is great for those who want to keep it somewhat stationary but it is small enough to be picked up and carried around. This requires no WPA as the Haze unit locks directly in and it keeps it horizontal for concentrate users!

Here is an action video:

Next we have a Bubbler. This is excellent for carrying around. It has arms that make great holding points or you can grip from the bottom. This has an 18MM female connection so it does require a WPA. However it can be used with your other vapes too so bonus! Not shown in the video, but we are adding a carb. hole to this one as well for easy clearing.

Here is the action video on this one:

Both of these are available for preorder now and will be shipping as soon as he can get them done.

We also want to come up with something a bit more creative than Haze Bubbler and Recycler so we are considering a contest to let you, our fans, name them! More details to come on that as soon as we solidify the rules and have them approved here by the moderators.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Last edited:

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep

I just wanted to take a moment to draw your attention to a couple of new glass pieces we are introducing! I worked with a local blower here in the Atlanta area to come up with these unique designs.

First we have a Recycler. This is great for those who want to keep it somewhat stationary but it is small enough to be picked up and carried around. This requires no WPA as the Haze unit locks directly in and it keeps it horizontal for concentrate users!

Here is an action video:

Next we have a Bubbler. This is excellent for carrying around. It has arms that make great holding points or you can grip from the bottom. This has an 18MM female connection so it does require a WPA. However it can be used with your other vapes too so bonus! Not shown in the video, but we are adding a carb. hole to this one as well for easy clearing.

Both of these are available for preorder now and will be shipping as soon as he can get them done.

We also want to come up with something a bit more creative than Haze Bubbler and Recycler so we are considering a contest to let you, our fans, name them! More details to come on that as soon as we solidify the rules and have them approved here by the moderators.

Have a great weekend ev uheryone!
Ahhhhh!!! Gotta have these!!!

I really like the little recycler.

Last edited:

woolspinner

Here is an action video:

Have a great weekend everyone!
OMG! I love both of these!

Top Bottom