Discontinued Haze Dual V3

George1151

because my hands shake from Chronix pain and it's easier to just plug a micro usn in instead of taking the battery out. I've had ecig batteries for an ecig and charging externally became a chore. Plus with the 18659/ sometimes the charger is hard to get the batteries in. The slide for the negative end gets caught and doesn't slide smoothly

The pax is even easier to charge. You just place it on a cradle that plugs into the wall and it charges on the cradle without having to connect/disconnect anything. The charging stand cradle can be left plugged in when not in use.

Spocks_Katra

The pax is even easier to charge. You just place it on a cradle that plugs into the wall and it charges on the cradle without having to connect/disconnect anything. The charging stand cradle can be left plugged in when not in use.

That was another contender but I mainly want a haze because I want to be able to vape my concentrates without using a vape pen or a rig. I dont like the idea of heating titanium to such high temps, expecially in the little coils for a dab pen. Ti is medical grade but medical grade doesnt include heating to extreme temps. the highest temp medical grade gets heated to is whatever your core internal body temperature is

Dynalowrider

So you want to leave the battery in to charge. Ok do you want to do without your vape when the battery dies, and you have to send it in to get it replaced? Like the comercial says "you pays me now or ya pays me later."
I've got used to my Haze. If I get carried away and it goes to sleep, I pop the battery door open n closed to restart my session.
If you have problems with the door, I'll bet 3-Delta could come up with a tool to help with it. Just saying. Doc

Dynalowrider,

Spocks_Katra

Im not opposed to removable batteries id just rather have it be able to charge while in the unit or externally, and quite frankly if I had to choose between only internal and only external charging, I would choose internal. Everyone has their opinions and preferences. It doesnt mean I like the haze any less, I would just like it to be able to charge both ways

rshetts

Im not opposed to removable batteries id just rather have it be able to charge while in the unit or externally, and quite frankly if I had to choose between only internal and only external charging, I would choose internal. Everyone has their opinions and preferences. It doesnt mean I like the haze any less, I would just like it to be able to charge both ways

Thats quite understandable with your condition. Believe me I can relate. I have rheumatoid arthritis in my hands and have issues as well. I have some difficulty with the doors on the Haze as well but I have more of a problem with repetitive motion so occasionally opening the battery door is something I can deal with. As usual with these things there are pluses and minuses to every portable vape and you just have to weight whats merely inconvenient and what is a game stopper, based on your own needs. The Haze could certainly be more patient friendly, especially when it comes to people with hand issues and maybe thats something they will address in the future but for now over all the Haze is a versatile little unit that does a lot of things well and Im glad it works for me. Hopefully it will work for you and if it doesnt, then hopefully you find the vape that does.

Spocks_Katra

thanks man Im really considering it, like you said each vape has its great features and features that some people may not like. The haze is definitely a top tier vape and thats why im very interested in it. Im pretty excited to see what they do with the haze square, its supposed to have a built in battery last time I heard

Edit: just made my order, haze v3 from our friends at puffitup. Their haze and cans for 179 deal is still running but they only have black units left, I would have gotten black anyway

Last edited:

Spocks_Katra

does anyone have any new user tips that come to mind? How many sessions do you get off one battery im guessing 3-4?

How often should I be cleaning the airpath?

any other tips that come to mind would be appreciated!

Vapo

I agree the XL 3200ma batteries have more life in them, although they make the Haze a little heavier, and are great at home, however I prefer the original 2600ma cells when pocketing the device, and going out and about.

The OEM batteries that come with the unit, and XL, benefit from complete cycling of the batteries 3 times down to completely empty. Wait till the battery cools down, then do a full charge.
Doing this will set the battery capacity when the cell is brand new. And help the overall runtime's.
After this you can charge the battery at any point of the cycle. And do a complete cycle monthly, to keep the cell healthy. The more times you run the battery down, the less time the cell will last, and the less cycles the cell will complete, before it needs replacing.

I think cleaning the air path every 6 cans with a dry cotton bud when the Haze is hot, is enough to keep the inside air path clean.
I have found my unit runs smooth doing this. And doesn't build residue.

I would grind coarsely, and use the best quality herbs for the Haze, also packing the cans very lightly will help air flow, and fill them half to 3/4 full.
Popping the battery to turn the unit off when convenient, and leaving the air path open, will keep the unit running well, with less mechanical wear and tear, than closing the Haze every time you use it.
These are some tips, to keep the unit running hassle free, when used as a daily driver, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Spocks_Katra

thank you both! so When I go to clean, I should wait until my next session is finished so it is warm, pop the battery, and wipe it down with some iso?

pratingzoe

I just got mine and i put in concentrate 3 different times/ways and it all tastes funny and there is little to 0 plume, can you help me?

Hey guys and gals!!!

Wanted to share my Woman crush Wednesday:

The HAZE V3 Dual Chamber Vaporizer
She's once, twice, three times a lady.

pi086wi.jpg

ieK9F2o.jpg

This thing seriously rocks! I've owned the V2 model as well as the V2.5 version and I have to say this is hands down the best version they have ever released!

The materials, functionality, and design is just outstanding.

I realize some opinions may differ but when you have seen the progression from the earlier versions, it really puts things into perspective. You can truly see how HAZE listened to us and considered everything we had to say.

The temps on the V3 are perfect. It's seems the temp variation during your draw has diminished and it seems to stay the same temp more accurately. I didn't measure the temp but I used the previous versions enough to know the difference.

I will add more thoughts later. Also lastly, cleaning cans that you have used for concentrates can be cumbersome at times. So I found if you fill an already dirty concentrate can with dry material and do a session, afterwards when you go to dump your ABV- it won't be as sticky and the tweezers will easily take out everything. The can will be pretty dry and not full of sticky concentrate residual. This can help to keep your HAZE Vape clean. If you keep using the same can over and over without cleaning it, your vape will get pretty messy.

More to come,

:peace:

pratingzoe,

rshetts

Packing can for the Haze is a bit of an acquired skill. I have never had luck with packing can light and airy. I seem to get no good vape draw that way. Ive always had success with a full pack. I dont jam it down or anything but I pack the can full for the best draws. This isnt to say that Vapo is doing it wrong but if you try that and it doesnt work for you, then try full packs. Bottom line, listen to the advice here and experiment with the various options but in the end do what works best for you.

PS: when it comes to concentrates like oil, I too favor the sandwich the oil in herb method.

George1151

I am new to Haze as well and I find that a fine grind from the gr8tr using the cans with the silicone lids I get some particles inhaled through the vapor path. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Vapo

thank you both! so When I go to clean, I should wait until my next session is finished so it is warm, pop the battery, and wipe it down with some iso?

When the unit is is still warm to touch on the outside, right after your finished, if you rub the dry cotton bud up and down the air path and move around in a circle motion around and up and down, you will not need ISO.
The oily residue will absorb into the cotton and you can reclaim this potent oil.

The damp iso cotton bud would be suitable in a cold machine that's dirty. Although to much ISO can be counter productive, and push residue into the unit.
The cans are an art to refine, and one of my favourite things about the dual, and I'm finding different densities/moisture levels of different breeds like to be packed different, so it helps to experiment with different grinds, and amount's packed.

And after a month of solid use, now that the new toy feeling has worn off, I still think this vape is great, it also gets better, as I have learned to use it. And worth every penny I paid.

I am new to Haze as well and I find that a fine grime from the gr8tr using the cans with the silicone lids I get som particles inhaled through the vapor path. Any suggestions?

If I only had the silicon lid, I would grind coarsely and fill it half way and pack it down so nothing comes out when you hold the can on its side. This should stop the particles

I would order some cans/ and stainless lid's, and have a bunch ready to go. This saves a lot of time for me, and are very convenient to have ready. I also found the flavors improved with the stainless lid's and herbs used. The silicon lid work great with oil and waxes tho.

Last edited by a moderator:

woolspinner

I am new to Haze as well and I find that a fine grind from the gr8tr using the cans with the silicone lids I get some particles inhaled through the vapor path. Any suggestions?

If the grind change doesn't help the problem, I advocate a small square of tshirt cotton fabric. I had an old cotton undershirt I cut up for rags and I started using a square to cover the MP of my underdog because I kept inhaling fine particulates when vaping and that made me cough. The cotton doesn't seem to interfere with draw or taste, but keeps the fine particulates (or, in your case, the actual Scooby snacks) out of my mouth/lungs.

I never noticed the same problem in my Haze. Occasional Scooby snacks, yes, usually from silicon lid use with dry herb, but not kief/dust.

woolspinner,

pratingzoe

Packing can for the Haze is a bit of an acquired skill. I have never had luck with packing can light and airy. I seem to get no good vape draw that way. Ive always had success with a full pack. I dont jam it down or anything but I pack the can full for the best draws. This isnt to say that Vapo is doing it wrong but if you try that and it doesnt work for you, then try full packs. Bottom line, listen to the advice here and experiment with the various options but in the end do what works best for you.

PS: when it comes to concentrates like oil, I too favor the sandwich the oil in herb method.
what do you mean when you say you favor the sandwhich method how do you do this, also do you have to grind your herbs or can you just put a bud in chamber? I saw videos where they just put whole buds in but directions say to grind

pratingzoe,

deadpooly6

what do you mean when you say you favor the sandwhich method how do you do this, also do you have to grind your herbs or can you just put a bud in chamber? I saw videos where they just put whole buds in but directions say to grind

They mean making a sandwich out of the herb and oil/concentrate. Like the herb would be the buns and the oil or concentrate would be the patty.

Whole bud is possible but not ideal because the air has to be able to flow through the material

deadpooly6,
Reactions: rshetts

Vapo

I have been using chunks and whole nug's carefully cut away, leaving the whole thing in tact, and the taste of the first few draws is simply the best. It's great to not waste any resin in the grinder, scissors, and bowls, and I'm now seeing this in bonus clouds now.

@Dynalowrider was correct, "there's no need to grind" with the Haze, especially in the herb can. I won't be grinding and smashing the trichomes any more, the extraction has been the best so far using this method.

Just leave room and don't squash the bud down. This leaves the trichomes in tact and ready for vaping.
And best of all, there is no restriction on the draw, with whole pieces of herb. And this has taken the dual v3 to a new level of enjoyment for me.

Last edited:

rshetts

They mean making a sandwich out of the herb and oil/concentrate. Like the herb would be the buns and the oil or concentrate would be the patty.

Whole bud is possible but not ideal because the air has to be able to flow through the material

This is what I meant by sandwich. I use a Santa Cruz grinder for my flower, fill the can about 1/3 with herb. Then I add a few dabs of concentrate, I prefer oil but I have used wax as well. I then fill the can the rest of the way, with herb, put the lid on and enjoy.

Spocks_Katra

This is what I meant by sandwich. I use a Santa Cruz grinder for my flower, fill the can about 1/3 with herb. Then I add a few dabs of concentrate, I prefer oil but I have used wax as well. I then fill the can the rest of the way, with herb, put the lid on and enjoy.

do you use this combo in the herb cans or oil can? sandwiching a dab between herb is my favorite way to vape

just got my black v3 in! popped one of the batteries in to charge. how long do they take from 1 bar to full? I have a feeling i might have to charge it overnight is it ok to leave on the charger?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ratdawgie

Hello Haze friends. Back to FC forum after awhile, and professing my love for the V3. I got mine around Christmas or so and love the dual chambers, the various screens and cans, and the ease and speed from switch on to vape time. Batteries work great for me too.. nice to have fresh power when needed.

I do have some questions you folks maybe can answer. My switch seems to be glitching, with the white side behaving normally, but the dark side }:o) stays blinking and never goes off, and appears to continue heating up. Usually use mine on 2 with can and chunky herb or convection screens. Hope I didn't hurt the switch when pulling out the stem... they are close to each other. I struggle to get the stem up. Been kinda tight since I got it but tighter after some use, and stays pretty tight after cleaning with ISO also.

Is there any magic combination of clicks on the switch to reset it that anyone knows of? Know some electronics have a programming or reset mode. Really don't want to part with her to mail for repair... not sure of the process yet for repairs either. Here's hoping for a Deux ex Machina like reply. Is there a magic fix? Thanks for any help.

Ratdawgie,

woolspinner

My switch seems to be glitching, with the white side behaving normally, but the dark side }:o) stays blinking and never goes off, and appears to continue heating up.

Weird. I have the opposite light problem. Often on setting one, I turn it on (cold) and the light goes solid (no blinking) and stays that way. I think mine is still heating though, not staying cold.

For my problem, I just cycle through all the settings back to one. It blinks when I start switching up, and when I return to one it is blinking. So strange.

Not the same problem because you have the issue of overheating. Hope you can get it fixed. I am sure as soon as Scott sees your message he will have an answer if no one else does.

do you use this combo in the herb cans or oil can? sandwiching a dab between herb is my favorite way to vape

just got my black v3 in! popped one of the batteries in to charge. how long do they take from 1 bar to full? I have a feeling i might have to charge it overnight is it ok to leave on the charger?

Like @Drexciya said, but caveat - I think the resident battery experts have cautioned against just leaving them on the charger for extensive time. Overnight is fine, but not multiple days and certainly not to remain in charger until use.

I am curious - my family members leave their batteries in the unplugged charger, which, for some reason, seems bad to me. Any opinions? Does it matter?

MinnBobber

I am curious - my family members leave their batteries in the unplugged charger, which, for some reason, seems bad to me. Any opinions? Does it matter?
With batteries in their cradle, the charger should NOT have any open circuit when unplugged, so it shouldn't allow any battery drain.

Top Bottom