Hardest Hitting Pocket Vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

ludwig

I bet the Ascent will come on top whenever anyone gets their hands on one!

ludwig,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
The videos aren't too great but show the possibilities of vapor you can get once you get a hang of the technique, unfortunately my goal was demonstrating the differences and versatility of the filter so the clouds aren't too massive.

Sadly the Lithe is out of stock, AFAIK, but after the warmup it tends to create proper milk.

I'd check out the end of the Lithe thread for my videos from Jam, but I also suggest not underestimating the VG.
I'm happy it was my first vape, it definitely gave me more interest in other vapes and converting.

vaporonly

living in a van down by the river
The videos aren't too great but show the possibilities of vapor you can get once you get a hang of the technique, unfortunately my goal was demonstrating the differences and versatility of the filter so the clouds aren't too massive.

Sadly the Lithe is out of stock, AFAIK, but after the warmup it tends to create proper milk.

I'd check out the end of the Lithe thread for my videos from Jam, but I also suggest not underestimating the VG.
I'm happy it was my first vape, it definitely gave me more interest in other vapes and converting.

where did you get that clear pipe piece in that first video? the VG head just screws onto it?

thanks.
---
i'm not sure if you'd call the supreme a pocket vap but it is def hard hitting...

vaporonly,

lwien

Hands down...vapor genie all day long. Once I got my technique down (thanks vtac!) I've yet to find its rival.

Yeah, the VG was my first vape. The LSV is now my daily driver. Can I get clouds that are just as thick and voluminous from the VG as the LSV? Yup. Ya just gotta get over the learning curve and find that sweet spot. For me, I found it rather quickly, whereas, with the MFLB, I never found it.

lwien,
Reactions: vorrange

Edward Hyde

i recently got a vapman on my hands and this thing takes a load half of mflb's and gives u back 4-5 HUGE hits or can milk a really BIG bong with milkvapor twice with this amount as well...also another + it has it that u dont inhale the flame and it uses only torch lighter wich makes it wind proof literaly...

Edward Hyde,
Reactions: kelper

max

Out to lunch
I bet the Ascent will come on top whenever anyone gets their hands on one!
I bet you'd lose that bet. Portables with temp control are tamed, by design, to allow the user the kind of control that you can only get with something like the Genie through experience. You can get 'hard hitting' with temp control if you start out at a high temp, but you'll also waste your herb that way and get nothing but high temp vapor.

While I feel sure that the Ascent will be a well designed, well received portable (they've had the DV and lots of vaporist feedback to help tweak the design), it's not going to be revolutionary or the greatest thing since sliced bread. I also doubt it'll have the wide, free flowing air path of the VaporGenie, and you sure won't be able to pick it up cold and instantly get a huge lung busting hit like the Genie can give you. OTOH I'll take temp control over the Genie's attributes any day.

lwien

Ya know what's kinda interesting about this topic? What interesting is that there will be those that will come into this thread and immediately leave simply because some of the very long standing members here are recommending a very simple, archaic designed vape versus one of the new high-tech designs, which then also brings up something else kind of interesting in regards to the whole vaporizer industry in general, and that is, that the industry is taking a VERY simple process of vaporizing plant material, and purposely making it more complicated in order to sell product.

Now granted, some of the more complicated designs offer "some" advantages that the simpler designs do not offer, but what is also true is that some of the simple designs offer advantages that the more complicated designs do not offer, and THAT, I think, is lost on many of those that are looking for a vaporizer.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I can see a torch vape easily winning this category, however, I am not interested in using one at all.

t-dub,

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
Ya know what's kinda interesting about this topic? What interesting is that there will be those that will come into this thread and immediately leave simply because some of the very long standing members here are recommending a very simple, archaic designed vape versus one of the new high-tech designs, which then also brings up something else kind of interesting in regards to the whole vaporizer industry in general, and that is, that the industry is taking a VERY simple process of vaporizing plant material, and purposely making it more complicated in order to sell product.

Now granted, some of the more complicated designs offer "some" advantages that the simpler designs do not offer, but what is also true is that some of the simple designs offer advantages that the more complicated designs do not offer, and THAT, I think, is lost on many of those that are looking for a vaporizer.

My reasoning for not limiting myself to just a few vapes. They all do one thing, in different ways, and sometimes, I just don't feel like lugging out an electrical unit. Flame powered vapes will always have a place in my arsenal.

I can see a torch vape winning this category, however, I am not interested in using one at all.

Have you used one though? Don't know if you'll like something 'til you try it :p.

Nbajunkie

Someones always watching..
That vapman sounds more and more appealing. Cause I keep sucking flame out of my vaporlithe.It is very hard hitting but I find the vapor to be more dense and smelly. Cant vape inside. I assume because you reach temps closer to combustion.and the wood shells too...

Nbajunkie,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Have you used one though? Don't know if you'll like something 'til you try it :p.
A good point. I can see myself having one from a "prepper" standpoint, for like a power outage or civil emergency or something, but my dexterity level makes flame and hot things a problem. Also, I just don't like the "idea" of using something that looks/operates like a "crack" pipe.

max

Out to lunch

True, and I think that's the case with lots of products. Someone comes out with a new invention, usually a simple device, and others find ways to refine it, offer more options as to how it's used, and try and make it a generally more enjoyable, easier to use experience for the new user. But the more options and engineering you use also means the more likely it is to break down. There's something to be said for a simple device like the Genie, where the worst that can go wrong is combustion, making for a tough job of cleaning.

Then you have a vape like the Cloud, where a complicated design and engineering process has the goal of delivering huge hits without worrying about modulating your draw speed- high tech design to making the vaping process as easy as smoking. Because the vaporizing process is so simple, the vape manufacturers are forced to design and market according to how they view the wants and needs of most buyers. Design a pocket vape, but even in that restricted size area, you can aim for big hitting, ease of use, or maximum stealth, or the best combination of those goals.

It gets harder to make a choice with all the new models these days, but unlike some other industries, the older vape designs don't necessarily get obsolete when technology advances.

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
A good point. I can see myself having one from a "prepper" standpoint, for like a power outage or civil emergency or something, but my dexterity level makes flame and hot things a problem. Also, I just don't like the "idea" of using something that looks/operates like a "crack" pipe.

:rofl: I don't think anyone will be S'ing D for bud anytime soon but I understand where you're coming from. For many flame vapes you don't have to hold the lighter to them during use since they can retain heat for short periods of time.

VaporEyes,

Tweek

No portable has ever hit harder than a J in my experience. That being said, I simply had to adjust my perspective to realize that my portable was still hard hitting...just in a different way.

Tweek,
Reactions: t-dub

Edward Hyde

That vapman sounds more and more appealing. Cause I keep sucking flame out of my vaporlithe.It is very hard hitting but I find the vapor to be more dense and smelly. Cant vape inside. I assume because you reach temps closer to combustion.and the wood shells too...

vapmans vapor is dense and smelly also and has a small taste of wood since it has a wooden airpath.but it is really hard to combust with it + u dont inhale the flame wich was really important for me...+ i can use the vapman even at the bitch when its windy enough for wind surf wich is a big plus for me...

Edward Hyde,

Nbajunkie

Someones always watching..
Thanks for bringing me back down to earth.Using a torch is kind of intimidating.Not opposed to using it,just not outside. Not ideal..Seems underrated though(vapman)

Nbajunkie,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
I would have to go with the Vg although these days I use the Lithe alot more.

It always strikes me as kinda funny when someone calls either the VG or lithe "OLD" tech when they mean "low" tech. Ain't most of it 21st century stuff. Bells and whistles can be fun But can't ensure a better vaping experience . :myday:

RUDE BOY,

Edward Hyde

Thanks for bringing me back down to earth.Using a torch is kind of intimidating.Not opposed to using it,just not outside. Not ideal..Seems underrated though(vapman)

with the vapman u dont have to show what u are doing cause u dont use the torch while inhaling and both the lighter and the vapman are small enough so that noone will notice,for example if u are outside at a bar u can heat it up under the table and noone will notice,or do it a little bit discreetly and u are just fine...i've tried it already and it was a big success...trust me this vape i think is as undercover as the mflb,it feels like its the flame powered mflb...seems underated indeed i think because when it came out it was pretty expensive...now the are making a version that doesnt have steel protection arround the heating element wich causes some problems...i dont know for how long cause i havent been there yet but for the first times of use it has some smell of burnt wood but after some time it becomes black as some ppl say and it wont smell anymore...and this version is cheaper...

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I enjoyed it, it gave a nice clean taste, was easy to clean, and inexpensive. Plus similar to the bronze vg I could see the top of the filter.

paytonpenn,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom