Happycamper's House of Denial brought to you by ExxonMobil

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyCracker

Frickr said:
apparently the only politition witht he balls to stand up and say that this is infact true, and that we are being lied to, is her.
I assume you mean politician? Sort of a liberal use of the word, didn't she quit her job? :rolleyes:

CrazyCracker,

Frickr

excuse my spelling its 2 in the morning, im a little out of it at the moment.

but every link ive seen you post up here cc, shows you are one of the gore-bots that believe the oceans are going to raise up 15 feet, that polar bears are going to die, that they cant swim.... bla bla bla.

gore_gorebot.jpg

Frickr,

CrazyCracker

You are excused. Feel free to continue spitting misinformed pseudoscience, gross generalization and extremist claims about taxes.

CrazyCracker,

Happycamper

Sweet Dreams Babycakes
CrazyCracker said:
So I took a few days, did some research...I think you guys are basically caught up in a bunch of right wing propaganda. Enjoy the koolaid. :lol:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/...iggest_n_371223.html?slidenumber=73a7WQBpWRY=

I would be ashamed to have Sarah Palin on my side.
Thankfully public support is falling away day by day. U.S are down from 55% believers in manmade global warming to 45% believers.

A large part of the original 55% support was due to the (sentimental?) film from Al Gore, which has been banned by a judge in UK schools due to its false claims and inaccuracies.

You seem quite happy for a group of self elected people that are going to have the power to run the world. I'm afraid it makes me feel sick.

Happycamper,

Frickr

CrazyCracker said:
You are excused. Feel free to continue spitting misinformed pseudoscience, gross generalization and extremist claims about taxes.
you sir, seem to be the misinformed one. happycamper and i have laid this out plain as day, provided scientific papers, i posted up some of the emails, and yet you still are on the bandwagon that climatechange is manmade.

read the copenhagen draft i posted a link to. it tells ALL about the taxes that are so "extremist".

Frickr,

CrazyCracker

Sorry never seen Al Gores movie, didn't vote for him, don't know what you are talking about.

Why did you edit your post 10 min later instead of making a new one>>

CrazyCracker,

Happycamper

Sweet Dreams Babycakes
To get the correct perspective of temperature and where we are with global warming you really need to look at the long term chart.

The facts are since 1998 the tempererature has fallen year by year, and since 2007 we have had a Major Cooling period where alone the temperature dropped 0.9 degrees. (Apparently cooling cycles can happen rapidly, it's not unusual when i looked into it a bit).

Our temperature currently is around the baseline which is called NORMAL (57 degrees), but even in 1998 there really was nothing still abnormal then either. Temperature has been much, much higher than that in the past.

@ cracker have you looked at the longer term chart? What do you think to that and what we are told by these people trying to set up a world government with themselves at the top? They have convinced people we are at the tipping point, but the charts dont actually show this. That my friend is true propaganda.

Happycamper,

CrazyCracker

hey I found a chart too! Or data doesnt line up! Mines from nasa though so I imagine it trumps cliff harris? Or maybe they are in on the conspiracy! (Cue dramatic music)

2005cal_fig1.gif

I also checked into the guy who made your "graph", I use quotes because normally graphs have an x AND y axis...

"Harris is not a trained scientist he studied insurance law in college"

http://www.spokesmanreview.com/tools/story_pf.asp?ID=176325

Hows the koolaid taste?

CrazyCracker,

Frickr

yeah now compair your graph you just posted with the graph that happycamper posted. it does fit no doubt about that. so yes your graph is correct. i will give you that. not look back a little further then 1880 and see what you notice.

you know what i see, i see nothing out of the ordinary.

Frickr,

Happycamper

Sweet Dreams Babycakes
CrazyCracker said:
hey I found a chart too! Or data doesnt line up! Mines from nasa though so I imagine it trumps cliff harris? Or maybe they are in on the conspiracy! (Cue dramatic music)

http://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/2005/2005cal_fig1.gif

I also checked into the guy who made your "graph", I use quotes because normally graphs have an x AND y axis...

"Harris is not a trained scientist he studied insurance law in college"

http://www.spokesmanreview.com/tools/story_pf.asp?ID=176325

Hows the koolaid taste?
I dont think you are understanding that looking at a short term chart does not give you a long term perspective. Can you understand that? This is why a snapshort chart to prove the point you are trying to make really does not back your point up. At all.

Think of it this way, i could show you a six month chart of a stock that looks like it is going up and extremely bullish, and convince you to buy it (Which is what is basically happening here).

The longterm chart of 5 years (which i would keep away from you) actually shows the stock is in a very alarming downward trend, but it's too late. You (and may others i managed to convince) bought the stock, and i dumped mine at proffit as the buys were flooding in. Now you are trapped and can only get out to a huge loss.

I didnt think i would have to explain this again? Stop acting like a sheep.

Happycamper,

Happycamper

Sweet Dreams Babycakes
And thes are the people who did the chart
Climatologist Cliff Harris has been often rated as one of the top ten climatologists in the world for nearly 4 decades. Cliff Harris' long-range weather forecasts have been used by high-ranking government officials and quoted in USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, New York Times, The Wall Street Digest, Farm Journal, Top Producer, Successful Farming, Futures Magazine, The Boston Globe and many other publications. He also provides several weekly local and national radio weather broadcasts to various stations throughout the country. As one of the partners of Harris-Mann Climatology, Cliff provides daily weather updates to hundreds of subscribers through DTN, Farm Dayta, the Internet and various local media. His weather and commodity forecasting success rate is approximately 75% and he accurately predicted the current prolonged cycle of global weather "extremes" in 1966. Since age 11, he has compiled nearly 100 weather scrapbooks that detail major events throughout the U.S. and the world on a daily basis. Cliff operates a weather station in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho and writes a popular weekly column called 'Gems' for the Coeur d'Alene Press. He has been quoted in CNN and "Not by FIRE, but by ICE" by Robert W. Felix. Cliff and his wife Sharon have been married for 43 years and have 2 children, 3 grandchildren and 2 toy poodles.

Meteorologist Randy Mann has been recognized by the American Meteorological Society since 1988. As a partner of Harris-Mann Climatology, he provides some of the daily weather information, computer graphics and maintenance for the company. Randy has also had an extensive background in television and radio weather production, and has provided on-air television weather forecasts to KCPQ in Tacoma, Washington; KCRA-TV in Sacramento, California, WPTZ-NewsChannel 5 and was Chief Meteorologist for WVNY Channel 22 and WEZF Radio in the Burlington/Plattsburgh area. He currently provides on-air weather forecasts for KREM-2 in Spokane, Washington and is currently the Chief Meteorologist for the Coeur d'Alene Press weather page. He also writes a weekly weather column for the Valley Edition of the Spokesman Review. In the past decade, Randy has also designed other weather-related publications that include two North Idaho weather calendars, the International Traveler's Weather Guide, Tom Loffman's Sacramento Weather Guide, the Vermont Town and Weather Almanac (7 Editions), the award-winning 1997 Frederick County Weather Almanac and the 1998, 1999, Year 2000 and the 2001 Frederick County Weather Almanacs. He has been married to his wife Sally for over 15 years.

Happycamper,

CrazyCracker

Did you know the person who produced your "graph", Ill explain again too, graphs have x & y axis, had no scientific training before I pointed it out to you?

Even assuming his graph is for real :lol: Doesn't it concern you that there is a much sharper rise in temp than any of the previous cycles? And, that that steep rise in temp correlates with the industrial revolution/modern sprawl???

CrazyCracker,

CrazyCracker

MY website makes me sound pretty cool too :lol:

Heres another great clip, gives you an Idea of where this guy is coming from.
Harris, who began studying the weather when he was 9, said he bases his predictions on a wide array of scientific sources and historical records. He's also a devout Christian and believes the Bible is loaded with clues on predicting the weather.

"I do believe in a period of extreme global warming. That will be in the tribulation period. That's when the real global warming will come in," he said. "Those of us who are believers, we're looking forward to it."

CrazyCracker,

Frickr

if you look at the long term graph, the biggest and most powerful civilizations seem to corilate with the rising temps. hmmm... i wonder... might that also help explain the industrial revolution??

Frickr,

Frickr

CrazyCracker said:
MY website makes me sound pretty cool too :lol:

Heres another great clip, gives you an Idea of where this guy is coming from.
Harris, who began studying the weather when he was 9, said he bases his predictions on a wide array of scientific sources and historical records. He's also a devout Christian and believes the Bible is loaded with clues on predicting the weather.

"I do believe in a period of extreme global warming. That will be in the tribulation period. That's when the real global warming will come in," he said. "Those of us who are believers, we're looking forward to it."
what does anyones religious beliefs have to do with this? and why cant the bible be looked at in a historical sense? now im not the first one to say god is real, im far from that, i have my own beliefs, and i feel it is irrellivent for you to bring that up. would you judge someones expertise based on skin color? dont judge someone for their beliefs. that right there shows me how far and how much you still need to learn about the world.

Frickr,

Happycamper

Sweet Dreams Babycakes
How can this be true? Are we not supposed to be getting hotter, not cooler?

THE LATEST ANSWERS TO 'GLOBAL COOLING' SKEPTICS
By Climatologist Cliff Harris

Ive received numerous letters, phone calls and e-mails lately asking me to give my reasons for believing that our planet has cooled off a bit in the past decade.

Why dont I agree with the an AP news reports claiming the opposite position that "global warming continues to bake the Earth."

Well, according to the U.S. National Climate Data Center in Asheville, North Carolina, in the 11 years since the last warm cycle peaked in 1998, global temperatures have already dropped 0.6 degrees Celsius, or a bit more than a full degree Fahrenheit. Half of that cooling has occurred since early 2007 when our Sun went silent.

Recently, parts of the Northern Hemisphere, including the central U.S., observed one of the coolest summers since the end of the so-called Little Ice Age in 1850.

October of 2009 was the third coldest since at least 1895 in the U.S., more than 4 degrees below normal. For Kansas and Oklahoma, it was the most frigid October in recorded history dating back to the Civil War Days.

As of this mid-November writing, the 2009 harvest season in the nations midsection has been one of the latest on record. Only half of the 2009 corn crop was "in the bins." The rest of the crop was still "trapped in the fields of mud and slime" on November 19.

All-time record snows were gauged in parts of Wyoming, Idaho, Oregon, Montana and Colorado during October of 2009. One station west of Cheyenne, Wyoming was buried by more than FOUR FEET of the white stuff just before Halloween, a nasty trick indeed from Ma Nature.

Locally, in Coeur dAlene, Idaho, we observed our coldest morning for so early in the season since at least 1895 with a bone-chilling 15 degrees on Columbus Day, October 12. Our birdbath froze solid! Late-season gardens were blackened by the week of hard freezes between October 7-14, likewise the most frigid early autumn week on record. Record low maximum readings near 40 degrees, more typical of the same period in November, were observed on November 10, 11 and 12. Leaves turned color overnight!

Elsewhere around the world during October, there were record early season snows in China, Japan and Norway. In the Southern Hemisphere, New Zealand observed record cold readings for early spring and the heaviest late-season snows on record, more than THREE FEET in places.

In Europe, October of 2009 was the coldest such period on record in Germany, Denmark and northeastern France, where rare October snowflakes were reported

Happycamper,

CrazyCracker

Are you really suggesting that global warming caused the industrial revolution?

The Roman empire is the only one I can see it "corilating" with. Kind of odd to me that this
"graph" has exodus plotted but never a mention of any Asian/Middle Eastern civilizations. Maybe its speaks to the nature of the plotters? Ethnocentric much?

CrazyCracker,

CrazyCracker

Frickr said:
and why cant the bible be looked at in a historical sense?
The bible can is and should be used as a historical reference. It is not used to predict weather.

CrazyCracker,

Happycamper

Sweet Dreams Babycakes
CrazyCracker said:
Did you know the person who produced your "graph", Ill explain again too, graphs have x & y axis, had no scientific training before I pointed it out to you?

Even assuming his graph is for real :lol: Doesn't it concern you that there is a much sharper rise in temp than any of the previous cycles? And, that that steep rise in temp correlates with the industrial revolution/modern sprawl???
The thing is there is a flaw with that one too, because the same priciple should happen again but it doesn't.

The period around 1940 onwards was another time when our co2 output went through the roof after the war. Mass production went into overdrive. However the temperature actually drops for 4 decades. Even to the point where (as it has been said before) people in the 70's were terrified of an ice age.

Happycamper,

Happycamper

Sweet Dreams Babycakes
Some 3,000 scientific robots that are plying the ocean have sent home a puzzling message. These diving instruments suggest that the oceans have not warmed up at all over the past four or five years. That could mean global warming has taken a breather. Or it could mean scientists aren't quite understanding what their robots are telling them

But Josh Willis at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory says the oceans are what really matter when it comes to global warming.

In fact, 80 percent to 90 percent of global warming involves heating up ocean waters. They hold much more heat than the atmosphere can. So Willis has been studying the ocean with a fleet of robotic instruments called the Argo system. The buoys can dive 3,000 feet down and measure ocean temperature. Since the system was fully deployed in 2003, it has recorded no warming of the global oceans

How strange? How can this be?

Happycamper,

Frickr

they must be lying to us about those figures happycamper, its got to be some big conspiricy that global warming isnt happening! :lol:

Frickr,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
CrazyCracker said:
So I took a few days, did some research...I think you guys are basically caught up in a bunch of right wing propaganda. Enjoy the koolaid. :lol:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/...iggest_n_371223.html?slidenumber=73a7WQBpWRY=

I don't know much about the Huffman Press, but it is clear that they have an agenda. I wouldn't read anything they put out as absolute truth. That article is filled with loaded statements in just the first paragraph alone.

I'm no Palin fan, but even stupid people can wake up to the truth. This is actually the first good thing I've seen her do!

A note about character attacks. They reveal that the attacker either doesn't understand what he is attacking or can't find fault with it. Unfortunately, today this has become an acceptable way to deal with facts. If you don't like the facts, just dismiss the messenger. Our politicians are masters of it and it is interesting to see that their example has not gone unnoticed by Cracker and others. I am glad I am no longer a parrot for government.

A big high five to frickr and camper for all the effort put in to links and data for this thread. It's a hard battle trying to show people what is up, no?

In the last year I started looking into some conspiracy theories for the first time. Lots of fun! My personal opinion is that the theories that are credible and need immediate attention are global warming and the federal reserve. These two things are awful and only seek to implement control of people and transfer of wealth. I think 9/11 theories are mostly bullshit and global government theories are pretty far-fetched. And by far-fetched I mean very hard to believe, not necessarily untrue. I think there is a group of people wanting a one-world government, and things have already been done to help achieve that such as the institution of the Euro, the devaluation of the dollar, and theories of a so-called Amero. But that one will be much harder to achieve and should take a while. What I do notice, however, is that people respond better to questions about the legitimacy of global warming if you refrain from bringing up other theories such as 9/11 and global gov't. It is too easy for people to lump you in with conspiracy theorists and immediately attack your character that way. Then they will no longer listen to your rational arguments.

stickstones,

stuartambient

stickstones said:
CrazyCracker said:

I don't know much about the Huffman Press, but it is clear that they have an agenda. I wouldn't read anything they put out as absolute truth. That article is filled with loaded statements in just the first paragraph alone.

I'm no Palin fan, but even stupid people can wake up to the truth. This is actually the first good thing I've seen her do!

A note about character attacks. They reveal that the attacker either doesn't understand what he is attacking or can't find fault with it. Unfortunately, today this has become an acceptable way to deal with facts. If you don't like the facts, just dismiss the messenger. Our politicians are masters of it and it is interesting to see that their example has not gone unnoticed by Cracker and others. I am glad I am no longer a parrot for government.

A big high five to frickr and camper for all the effort put in to links and data for this thread. It's a hard battle trying to show people what is up, no?

In the last year I started looking into some conspiracy theories for the first time. Lots of fun! My personal opinion is that the theories that are credible and need immediate attention are global warming and the federal reserve. These two things are awful and only seek to implement control of people and transfer of wealth. I think 9/11 theories are mostly bullshit and global government theories are pretty far-fetched. And by far-fetched I mean very hard to believe, not necessarily untrue. I think there is a group of people wanting a one-world government, and things have already been done to help achieve that such as the institution of the Euro, the devaluation of the dollar, and theories of a so-called Amero. But that one will be much harder to achieve and should take a while. What I do notice, however, is that people respond better to questions about the legitimacy of global warming if you refrain from bringing up other theories such as 9/11 and global gov't. It is too easy for people to lump you in with conspiracy theorists and immediately attack your character that way. Then they will no longer listen to your rational arguments.
when international policies supersede a nation's constitution that is global governance. This is why the idea that the planet is in jeopardy is used. They need that level of bull to try and convince people it's a good idea. Who is involved - the IMF, World Bank , JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs. Those companies - well research them , they have a nice history of busting countries, nations, all to plunder. Forget all the plunderers of ancient / past history, we have a whole new level of conquerors.

stuartambient,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom