Happycamper's House of Denial brought to you by ExxonMobil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happycamper

Sweet Dreams Babycakes
IPCC Gate Du Jour: Aussie Droughtgate

Andrew Bolt of the Herald Sun digs up another issue with non peer reviewed World Wildlife Fund reports in the IPCC AR4. It turns out a new paper in GRL (Geophysical Research Letters Journal) handily disputes the cause of the drought.

He writes:

Melbourne University alarmist David Karoly once claimed a rise in the Murray Darling Basins temperatures was likely due to the increase in greenhouse gases in the atmosphere from human acitivity and:

This is the first drought in Australia where the impact of human-induced global warming can be clearly observed.

Prime Minister Kevin Rudd grabbed the scare and exploited it:

BRENDAN Nelson was yesterday accused of being blissfully immune to the effects of climate change after he said the crisis in the Murray-Darling Basin was not linked to global warming

In parliament yesterday, Kevin Rudd attacked Dr Nelson, accusing him of ignoring scientific facts.

You need to get with the science on this, the Prime Minister said. Look at the technical report put together by the CSIRO and the Bureau of Meteorology.

But the latest evidence that Rudd and Karoly were wrong. In fact, theres no evidence in the Murray Darling drought of man-made warming, says a new study in Geophysical Research Letters, this new study:
Previous studies of the recent drought in the Murray-Darling Basin (MDB) have noted that low rainfall totals have been accompanied by anomalously high air temperatures. Subsequent studies have interpreted an identified trend in the residual timeseries of non-rainfall related temperature variability as a signal of anthropogenic change, further speculating that increased air temperature has exacerbated the drought through increasing evapotranspiration rates. In this study, we explore an alternative explanation of the recent increases in air temperature. This study demonstrates that significant misunderstanding of known processes of land surface atmosphere interactions has led to the incorrect attribution of the causes of the anomalous temperatures, as well as significant misunderstanding of their impact on evaporation within the Murray-Darling Basin

However, to accept the correlation [between temperature and rainfall] as the sole basis for the attribution of cause to human emissions is to implicitly assume that the correlation represents an entirely correct model of the sole driver of maximum air temperature. This is clearly not the case.

Whats causing the evaporation and temperatures is not (man-made) warming. Its kind of the other way around: more sunshine, through lack of cloud cover, and lack of rain and therefore evaporation is causing higher temperatures.

And guess which scandal-ridden and alarmist IPCC report relied on Karolys claims? Reader Baa Humbug:

Karoly was cited very extensively in the AR4 WG1 paper.e.g. Chapter 9 9.4.2.3 Studies Based on Indices of Temperature Change and Temperature-Precipitation Relationships.Studies based on indices of temperature change support the robust detection of human influence on continental-scale land areas. Observed trends in indices of North American continental scale temperature change, (including the regional mean, the mean land-ocean temperature contrast and the annual cycle) were found by Karoly et al. (2003) to be generally consistent with simulated trends under historical forcing from greenhouse gases and sulphate aerosols during the second half of the 20th century. In contrast, they find only a small likelihood of agreement with trends driven by natural forcing only during this period.
http://wattsupwiththat.com/

Happycamper,

Happycamper

Sweet Dreams Babycakes
Example of NOAA using selected data to mislead 'uninformed' general public. The sea ice hit the lowest record level in 2007 (since satellite records began in the 70's,) but recovered in 2008 and 2009 to, well, more 'normal' levels really. Yes it is still maybe a little under the average, but it has still made a recovery from the 2007 level. However their data strangely stops at 2007.

The article at NOAA
http://www.climatewatch.noaa.gov/2009/articles/short-term-cooling-on-a-warming-planet/4
Today NOAA officially announced www.climate.gov It didnt take skeptics long to find a sin of omission. WUWT reader Dave N. pointed this one out to me.

Lets start with the lecture to skeptics in the Dec 31st 2009 story What the future may hold which is an article about sea ice extent. The climate.gov website has been in beta for a couple of months. It was announced first on WUWT on December 2nd, 2009. There has been plenty of time to correct this story. The story states:

When youre in a court of law, you have to swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. The people who have been focusing on the cooling have not been telling the whole truth,

It leaves out some important data that is obvious to everyone, skeptical or not.
The sea ice data, cited from NSIDC, stops in 2007. 2008 and 2009 sea ice data and imagery, available to even the simplest of curiosity seekers at the publicly available NSIDC or even Cryosphere Today websites, is not included in the graphic. Mr. Scott chooses the historical satellite record minimum of 2007 as the endpoint for comparison. This leaves a reader who is not in the know, with the false impression that sea ice has not recovered in any way.

Sometimes I wonder if these government types have any idea of just how blazingly stupid they look when they lecture skeptics, but purposely dig their own obvious data omission hole in the same article
Theres no excuse for NOAA not showing the 2008 and 2009 sea ice data or imagery in this story. None, zilch, zero, zip, nada.

Suffice it to say, this piece on www.climate.gov is propaganda with a lie of omission. It is not science because it omits a portion of the data that disagrees with the articles premise.

So to Tom Karl, the new director of this machine, I use the again words written by your employee, Michon Scott with a single substitution.

When youre in a court of law, you have to swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. The people who have been focusing on the warming have not been telling the whole truth,

Rather than lecture us about truth while at the same time omitting data not in line with the premise of the article, I suggest that if NOAA is to have any credibility with this website, you should fix this omission and present the true and complete history of the sea ice record. The sooner the better.

For those that agree and wish to complain, a review of NOAAs Information Quality policy might prove useful:

See it here: http://www.cio.noaa.gov/Policy_Programs/info_quality.html

For those who want to make the issue known to the newly appointed man in charge:

thomas.r.karl [at] noaa.gov

He might need a reminder that he works for us, not the other way around
I am sending a letter of complaint.

Happycamper,

Happycamper

Sweet Dreams Babycakes
I was correct before this picture did used to be in the IPCC report, before the manipulated hockey stick appeared (which can't actually be found in the current report anymore either).

Happycamper,

Happycamper

Sweet Dreams Babycakes
Happycamper said:
One of the 'stories' I am hearing about the extreme cold weather is that this idea that the Artic is blasting out it's cold and is leaving itself alarmingly, unusually warm. Tom's link from youtube a few pages ago tell the chilling story.

The acusations have been made that this is due to global warming.

However just to point out this is also a cycle, just not a very frequent one to be this extreme. Yes the cold has come from the Artic, and yes the Artic was warmer than average from December onwards. The last time it happened so extremely was in 1950's, but it is predictable when it gets going. The warmer than average temps in the artic started in December, exactly as it said it would according to text books written years ago on this subject.

Also according to text books, the extreme cold and snow is likely to come back. (after a milder period like we are experiencing in the UK now), probably Feb time.
Uh-oh my prediction came true.

Now to see if my other prediction is going to come true. The weather and climate (because they are actually the same thing, I don't care what the 'weather is not climate' mafia say to be honest) are very similar to 2007. After a warm January, the rest of the year is going to be a cold one when this El Nino runs out of steam. Wait for rapid cooling to kick in again, however this time significant areas of land are already much colder now than they were in 2007 when the major rapid cooling happened.

Happycamper,

rayski

Happycamper said:
Happycamper said:
One of the 'stories' I am hearing about the extreme cold weather is that this idea that the Artic is blasting out it's cold and is leaving itself alarmingly, unusually warm. Tom's link from youtube a few pages ago tell the chilling story.

The acusations have been made that this is due to global warming.

However just to point out this is also a cycle, just not a very frequent one to be this extreme. Yes the cold has come from the Artic, and yes the Artic was warmer than average from December onwards. The last time it happened so extremely was in 1950's, but it is predictable when it gets going. The warmer than average temps in the artic started in December, exactly as it said it would according to text books written years ago on this subject.

Also according to text books, the extreme cold and snow is likely to come back. (after a milder period like we are experiencing in the UK now), probably Feb time.
Uh-oh my prediction came true.

Now to see if my other prediction is going to come true. The weather and climate (because they are actually the same thing, I don't care what the 'weather is not climate' mafia say to be honest) are very similar to 2007. After a warm January, the rest of the year is going to be a cold one when this El Nino runs out of steam. Wait for rapid cooling to kick in again, however this time significant areas of land are already much colder now than they were in 2007 when the major rapid cooling happened.
The cold arctic air is reaching further south because the Arctic oscillation is in it's negative phase: http://nsidc.org/arcticmet/patterns/arctic_oscillation.html

rayski,

SSS

mmj patient under siege by the obama admin
Happycamper said:
The weather and climate (because they are actually the same thing, I don't care what the 'weather is not climate' mafia say to be honest)
here you go killing intelligence again.

i know you're a mouthbreathing moron but for anyone who happens to stumble upon your idiocy....

the difference between weather and climate is TIME.

weather is over a short period of time and climate is a long period of time.

i know, i said i wouldn't be back here but people such as yourself should be converted into soylent green for this nonsense. global warming argument be damned.......get your basic facts straight or stfu.

edit: btw, the word is ARCTIC not "artic".

Mod note: You've been here over 2 months and haven't read the rules? And FYI, no decent forum is going to allow name calling. :/

SSS,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
SSS, you also didn't acknowledge any of the journal links camper has brought up.

At this point I don't believe anything you say regarding this subject.

If you come into this thread again and either harrass camper or don't address his links in response to your criticism, you will get a ban.

stickstones,

Frickr

it amazes me how many people will sit here and call us crazy for challanging this topic. can lay out all the evidence for our case, but just beacuse its not on the censored big media channels, everyone puts it off as not true.

sheeple... just fallow the herd, do whatever the leader tells you too. but if the leaders are corrupt, why fallow them? there is way more problems with our country that go unchecked because people worry more about their favorite football team more then whats happening in government. our freedom and our liberties are being stripped from us in the name of protecting our country from terrorists, and to protect the word from a natrual occuring cycle in the climate.

doesnt it seem curious how the media has gone from calling it "global warming" to climate change?

i see very bad things happening in our country, and most people allow this to go on, in the illusion of security. does it make you feel that much safer to walk through a naked body scanner, and have some person looking at your naked body?

my whole intention for starting this thread was to try to educate people on whats really happening in our country. i chose the climate gate scandel because it is the biggest scandle that has come about since 9/11. and i feel a full on investigation needs to take place. our government is running this country into the ground. they want us to fail, they want our country to be a 3'd world country. after all what sets a modernized country appart from a 3'd word country? manufacturing and industry are the key to success and wealth.

well if you havent been paying attention, all of our industry base is moving out of our borders and into the "3'd world" countries. we need to stand up and take back our country before its to late. Illegal alien's are above the law in our country. and us as american citizens are having to pay for them. we are becoming more and more of a police state every day. how much more of this shit needs to go on before you people wake up and realize things arent going to get better unless we ourselves make them better.

step one, we need to completely end the fed reserve.
step 2, we need to completely overhall our government.
step 3 we need to end all the pointless, non winnable wars against "terrorizm"

i want everyone to watch this interview with arron russo, and if this brings the topic to far off course, then i will make a new thread dedicated to it. listen to the stuff he says, and how things actually work. this man isnt crazy, hes not some conspiricy nut, he has nothing to gain by saying this stuff. this is a man that just passed away from cancer, and this was his final interview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGAaPjqdbgQ

Frickr,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Ok, this thread has run its course. Clearly it's no longer fun, we don't need the futile back and forth and members at each other's throats.

Let's leave science to the scientists, shall we?

If you truly believe that every major scientific body worldwide is lying and/or incompetent, and you have evidence to prove it, I suggest you take it somewhere more serious than a vaporizer forum.

vtac,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom