Happycamper's House of Denial brought to you by ExxonMobil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frickr

Climategate, what are your thoughts people? those of you who dont know, a hacker broke into an internet database of emails from the top climate scientists with instructions and "tricks" to make global warming more dramatic then it is. when its been proven we are on a global cooling cycle.

i urge everyone to research this themselves, and know that the media in our country is doing all they can to keep this out of the news with the upcoming confrence in copenhagen.

Frickr,

CrazyCracker

Give me some links to sink my teeth into. Sounds like BS to me. The correlation between global temp and the industrial revolution was enough to convince me that we have an impact and should be concerned about it.

CrazyCracker,

Happycamper

Sweet Dreams Babycakes
In the news in the UK

I heard the temp hasnt increased for the past 10 or so years.

copy and paste example of leaked emails:
In one email, dated November 1999, one scientist wrote: "I've just completed Mike's Nature [the science journal] trick of adding in the real temps to each series for the last 20 years (ie, from 1981 onwards) and from 1961 for Keith's to hide the decline."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...BC-expert-sent-cover-emails-month-public.html

More copy and paste:

More emails came to light yesterday, including one in which an American climatologist admitted it was a travesty that scientists could not explain a lack of global warming in recent years

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1230635/Scientist-climate-change-cover-storm-told-quit.html

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ange-cover-storm-told-quit.html#ixzz0YcfAEBU9

I find it interesting how it is now called climate change, and not global warming these days........

Crazy: I'm in two minds about this. But you shouldn't be so certain about anything the government tells you.

Temperatures have been much higher than they are today. I think it was in the medievil period there was the 'Golden Age' where average temperatures were much higher than today. It was called golden age i think because of the beneficial effect it had for the people alive at the time. (might have the wrong period in time, but there was definitely a 'golden age' a long time ago.

Happycamper,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I'm ready for the email that explains why Gore got a nobel. That should be a good one.

btw, if it all ends up being bullshit, will they take it away?

stickstones,

Frickr

http://www.cbc.ca/technology/story/2009/11/26/climate-change-hack.html
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/j...n-the-coffin-of-anthropogenic-global-warming/

you know this is possibly the biggest news of our lifetimes and its being ignored. this is something that just doesnt effact one nation this is something thats going to effect the whole world. this isnt the first time ive heard that this was all bs. i got to sit in on a presentation from one of the head nasa scientists that studied the climate change. and he even said that hes not sure how others are getting some of these numbers. based on his numbers (which he also added in things such as solar activity, ocean currants, and other nateral things that noone else was even looking at) concluded that the earth goes in 30 year cycles of warming and cooling. based on the pasific currant in the ocean. is it any coincidence that in the 70's, everyone was scared that we were going into the next iceage, 30 years later its global warming. hmmmm.... :/

even if this tax credit gets passed through in copenhagen, which it sounds like some of the major parts are falling apart due to this unexpected uncovery of their private emails.

http://www.infowars.com/china-developing-nations-reject-copenhagen-climate-plan/#

like i said this is possibly the biggest news, the biggest coverup in our livetimes and its not getting any of the talk that it needs. we the people need to start demanding to know the details, and we also need to demand that the people behind this whole thing are brought to justice!

Frickr,

reece

Thanks for posting this. I KNEW it. All of this so-called science is bullshit. And these emails, between a few scientists, taken out of context, are absolute proof that the entire scientific community has been scamming us all along. Tricks? They were using fucking TRICKS? No scruples, no ethics, no morals. I remember once a friend showed me a "trick" to get corrosion off of my car's battery terminal. Use coca-cola. I said 'thanks but no thanks." And I immediately stopped associating with this person because I am a moral person who would never use a trick to do anything. Because everyone knows for any given situation there is only one way to do it correctly, and it doesn't involve "tricks."

It also proves we can't trust them about evolution, which I always knew to be bullshit anyway.

http://www.desmogblog.com/michael-mann-his-own-words-stolen-cru-emails

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/11/24/AR2009112403549.html

http://www.realclimate.org/index.php/archives/2009/11/the-cru-hack/

reece,

Cr8z13

Damning as some of the leaked correspondence is, I'm not convinced that global climate change is a myth. I think at the very least, the scientific community have perhaps unnecessarily inflated the urgency of the matter. The doomsday scenario that some of the alarmists depict hasn't convinced me either. Ultimately, I don't see why erring on the side of caution is a bad idea.

There's still a tremendous amount of good that comes from energy conservation, limiting greenhouse gases and innovating clean energy technologies. If the alarmists are subsequently proven wrong, we will still have a lot to show for our efforts to address the issue. The same isn't true if we adopt the opposing side's view.

Cr8z13,

Frickr

http://www.drroyspencer.com/

the nasa scientist i mention earlier. He has alot of good information right on this page i linked, i encurage everyone to read it. Reece im sorry but the links you found are reported to of deleted alot of the actual data as to block this from coming out.

Dr. Spencers data showing that global warming isnt near as much of a threat as others have said have all been blocked from being published.

its a sad day when our scientists are lying to us, while the ones that want to expose the truth get sensored.

our world is in trouble if we keep allowing this to happen.

edited for more links of the people that are actually reporting this!

http://climatedepot.com/
http://wattsupwiththat.com/2009/11/...ently-been-hacked-hundreds-of-files-released/
http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/andrewbolt/index.php/heraldsun/comments/hadley_hacked#63657
http://motls.blogspot.com/2009/11/h...ReferenceFrame+(Lubos+Motl's+reference+frame)

Get angry people!

Frickr,

King Kong

dont worry about global warming, our generation will be dead before it really effects us anyway, so live it up..

King Kong,

Frickr

King Kong said:
dont worry about global warming, our generation will be dead before it really effects us anyway, so live it up..
thats the kind of attitued that has got us in this mess in the first place. "Its not my problem ill let someone else deal with it."

thats exactly what they are hoping everyone will say about this. the less people stand up and demand the truth be told, the easier it will be for them to push us around more. cant you see the problem here? if we all sit and thumb our noses and cover our heads in sand, this sort of stuff will keep happening. its not going to stop just because they got caught with their hands in the cookie jar, they wont stop till the whole jar and the table it was sitting on are stolen from right under our noses.

this is something that is everyones problem. this is something that will effect future generations, we cant afford to mess this one up. to much is at stake here.

Frickr,

CrazyCracker

Happycamper said:
Crazy: I'm in two minds about this. But you shouldn't be so certain about anything the government tells you.
You have me mistaken for someone else, trust the government? lol...However, for the past 8 years the US government has been going back in time as far as environmental progress is concerned. Should I have trusted the US government when they didn't sign the Kyoto treaty?

I do tend to trust the consensus of a scientific community. I haven't had a chance to check out all of these links, I will after class today...but what it seems you all are exposing is a group of scientists in great Brittan who are misrepresinting the data to try to scare people into a certain viewpoint. It doesnt prove the viewpoint is wrong. Just proves those particular scientist shouldn't be listened to any more because the suck the credibility out of what we desperately need to understand.

(check out the washington post article reece posted for more on this view)

CrazyCracker,

Frickr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cu_ok37HDuE

its amazing how much american news is sensored. ive read pretty much the same artical on an international and an american base, and the americans is very bias, saying the scientists are the victims here and that it was wrong for their emails to be hacked. and that all their little 'tricks' are nothing to worry about.

are you f-ing kidding me? americans are so obsessed with their lives, their cellphones, their videogames, their celeberties. but when something real and important comes around, they will believe whatever they are told. just because its on TV doesnt mean its the truth. all the news in america is sensored very heavily.

would you be happy if you went down and bought a playboy brought it home to find that the pages you wanted to look at were replaced with pages from a childs coloring book? i know some people would pick up the crayons and start coloring, but wouldnt you be angry over this sensorship? the same things happening in our news. the topics that are the most important, are being replaced with these 'coloring book pages' to cover your eyes to the truth.

our news isnt even news anymore, its entertainment. simply put, is the storys you see on the US news, are stories that are chosen because they are "what the people want to hear and see" they dont report whats really going on, because if they did, people would just say "what the fuck" and start doing something about it.

look into alternative news sources. get away from the mainstreem media. look online theres lots of good news sorces. i encurage everyone that reads this to take some time away from your televisions, your ipods, your xboxes and playstations, and start researching some of these major issues for yourself. make your own conclusion to whats going on instead of letting some media corp influance your thoughts for you. or is that what you raelly want?

i dont know about the rest of you, but the more i read, the more i look up, the more i research, the more i find, the angrier i get. if this whole thing goes through. it means -

THEY WILL START TAXING THE AIR YOU BREATH!

there was a time in america when people cried 'no taxation without representation' isnt this exactly what is happening now if this does get passed in the copenhagen convention?

Frickr,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Since 2007, no scientific body of national or international standing has maintained a dissenting opinion. A small minority of organisations hold non-committal positions.

Siding with fringe figures over the overwhelming consensus of the world's best scientific organizations is beyond comprehension to me. But implying that this is the biggest conspiracy ever devised... that's really something.

Roy Spencer? The man doesn't believe in evolution. He's affiliated with groups that have received millions in funding from ExxonMobil, one that claims cigarettes aren't all that bad for you, and religious organizations 'committed to bringing a proper and balanced Biblical view of stewardship to the critical issues of environment'.

Climategate indeed.

vtac,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
vtac, you crack me up every time this comes up!

siding with the fringe is exactly what every one of us has done with our vaping pothead habits.

I don't think you have a very open mind to the possibility of this being bullshit. But maybe you have done a shit ton of research that I haven't. I'll say it again...there is no doubt in my mind that political agendas are blowing this way out of proportion.

stickstones,

wthanna

..much like the MJ debate, in my opinion. People seem to be in one camp or the other, with absolutely no desire to even look at facts that don't represent their view.. kind of sad.. Don't be afraid of truth.. lying to people is not the way..

wthanna,

The_Other_Shoe

What's Going On?
Personally I have always been a skeptic of the global warming thing. I seriously think that it is a major scare tactic to get people to behave in a kinder way to the environment. I in know way disagree that the environment should be kept clean but in my opinion if this is the case, the ends do not justify the means.

In response to Frickr's appeal to the US, not all citizens sit back and watch the news for entertainment and so forth. Not all American's love the gossip of celebrities and pop culture and reality tv. I really do have a hatred for what the American pop culture has become. There was a time when many were not as ignorant. On top of this, it is not necessarily the American's who have the problem, it is the policymakers and politicians, who are not experts in any way, who receive information and try to make the best they can to get everyone happy (which in no way is ever possible.).

I do believe that most of the information in the scientific community is scattered and not solid information (this was before the whole scandal thing as well). And also I do believe in evolution and don't like cigarettes, it's just my personal opinion on the matter.

The nobel prizes on the others hand, to Gore and Obama (even though not related to topic) I believe are undeserved. Gore did "research" on global warming which is in no way a solid "truth" or fact. And Obama is asking for more troops in Afghanistan, way to be "peaceful" to get that award.

:rolleyes: Gotta love all forms of politics... now don't we? :rolleyes:

The_Other_Shoe,

CrazyCracker

Frickr said:
americans are so obsessed with their lives, their cellphones, their videogames, their celeberties. but when something real and important comes around, they will believe whatever they are told. just because its on TV doesnt mean its the truth. all the news in america is sensored very heavily.
A: Go fuck yourself.

B: Do you have any idea how mind bogglingly large and diverse this country is? life in Arkansas and New york is very different. The generalization you make is just as ignorant as someone saying that everyone in Europe is the same. Next time you try to convince anyone of something try to avoid insulting their country and the people in it. Very off putting.

CrazyCracker,

reece

Frickr said:
Reece im sorry but the links you found are reported to of deleted alot of the actual data as to block this from coming out.
Do you mean reported to "have?"

If so, deleted by whom?

And, this seems to be a convenient way to ignore anything that doesn't back up what you already believe?

reece,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
The_Other_Shoe said:
I seriously think that it is a major scare tactic to get people to behave in a kinder way to the environment.
scare tactic...yes

designed to get people to be better to the environment...I wish

it is a scare tactic to make peopple rich. all the regulations that are put into place, because of how dire they say the situation is, make someone money, and that's all it is about.

stickstones,

YoungethKinsaul

The earth changes temps all the time..
Some research just found out that drastic climate changes can happen over a month.

YoungethKinsaul,

Frickr

CrazyCracker said:
B: Do you have any idea how mind bogglingly large and diverse this country is? life in Arkansas and New york is very different. The generalization you make is just as ignorant as someone saying that everyone in Europe is the same. Next time you try to convince anyone of something try to avoid insulting their country and the people in it. Very off putting.
ive been all over the country, so ive seen lots of differant walks of life. just because i live in south dakota doesnt mean im any less intelligent. if you read what i wrote i was mearly saying get away from all the shit that people hide behind and start looking into this stuff. people are more obsessed with what some celebrity is wearing, rather then what happens in the news. our country is so based around the satisfaction now, that has ruined our country. we have been conditioned to think we need entertainment in all these differant forms. people got by for thousands of years without the entertainment we have now. now let me ask you crazycracker, do you pay attention to alternative news sources? do you read up on whats happening in the world? or do you read what the corperate media puts out infront of you? like i said the media in the us is so sensored its not even funny.

you look at mainstream america, the majority of the people are completely clueless about the government and what they do. Hell, theres people out there that think we still get attacked by the indians in this part of country. im not making generalizations at all when theres kids that cant even point to my state on a map. ive been places where ive actually had people ask me if that was even a state, or if it was just a tribe of indians. so i dont feel im making any generalizations about that at all. yes it may not be true for everyone, but not everyone is you sir. i speak what i see if you dont like it, then you sir, can fuck off. i didnt ask you to comment here, you dont have to. i feel the masses here will agree with me, that a majority of americans, especially of the younger generations are completely oblivious to the world around them. as long as their cellphone works, and they can walk down the street they are fine. they dont care what the government does, that stuff is boring.

im not inssulting anyone in our's or anyone elses country. just because i dont agreewith some of the actions the govenment is taking doesnt mean i hate the people. read my posts. dont just look at them.

Frickr,

CrazyCracker

I did read your whole poorly written post, you make no distinction between the people and the government. "they will believe anything they are told", how do you not see that as an insult...did you think you were the only American who noticed the lines of media and news are extremely blurred on television?

CrazyCracker,

Frickr

look im not getting into a pissing match with you. i know what i know. i guess you can believe the media, and whoever else you choose to fallow as truth.

have you ever stopped to think why every other country in the world hates america and americans?

Frickr,

CrazyCracker

Frickr said:
have you ever stopped to think why every other country in the world hates america and americans?
You make it just to easy, have you ever been outside of the US? How are you telling me to open my eyes when you keep making ignorant generalizations. "hates america and americans?" I have some very good Italian friends who love this country and are very particular that they have a problem with our foreign policy over the past 8 years (imperialism). Not that they hate america or americans. :rolleyes:

CrazyCracker,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom