Discontinued Gn0me - lighter based vaporizers

Nah Polmol's my gnome takes too long to heat and heats my face with my water pieces, I need to get down the pre heat or buy a different WP angle.

biojuggernaut,

gn0me

gnonsensical
Manufacturer
Heya Bio,

Sorry to hear about the fit to your waterpipe being problematic - if you could post or email me a picture of your rig with the vape attached, it would help in my design to make future adapters. I'll make you a new adapter for your trouble if you like :D

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Could you give us an estimate of how long to long (to heat) is, Bio?

Just curious, I think it was J.R.(R.) who reported his was shorter to heat up then my beloved Vapocane?

I wonder if there is a difference in heat up time between different Gnomes since they're hand made?

Also, did I understand correctly that there is a difference in bowls size between the regular and the GonG?

OhTheAgony,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Hey OTA. Yes I find the heat up time with the Classic about 25% quicker than with the Vapocane. The GonG version which is bigger (yes has a bigger 'bowl') takes about the same time as the Vapocane ime.

J.R.R.Tokin',
Photoon2012-03-08at1441.jpg

Its not your gnomes its just my tiny ass tubes. Maybe a 5-15 degree would work better.

biojuggernaut,

weedemon

enthusiast
I got my Gn0me today! a blue and green 3 piece GonG set with a bag to keep the tubes safe. This thing is really neat! heating it up is easy, and you can tell when it`s up to temp because the flame comes off the glass orange.

I have taken 4 hits with is so far, and each time the results were a little different. because of heating time, and draw speed I would imagine.

I really like this thing! it`s very tasty! (as long as ya don`t over heat it! lol ) I didn`t combust, but it was a little too warm for my liking. ;)

I find the angle on the Glass water piece bit is not ideal on my bong either, the best way for me to use it, is to put it on the bong on an angle so it`s off to one side. Down and it points parallel to the ground, and up it`s back towards my face. (I have a tiny bong too) In he case of my bong a straight connector would be better. atm with I am not using it i have it straight up because it would seem to me most stable that way. (im using an ehle 100ml bent neck bong)

weedemon,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Damn, weedemon. 2 new toys in one day?

I hope you don't have to work tomorrow. :lmao:

Stu,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Ah, ok then. You had me worried.

Have you tried direct draw yet?

Stu,

weedemon

enthusiast
yep! it`s good i got a little particualte at first but it wasn`t bad at all! I think Mr Gn0me did a fantastic job with the pin push method to block it up! the future of the glass screen maybe even?

weedemon,

Polmol

Nah Polmol's my gnome takes too long to heat and heats my face with my water pieces, I need to get down the pre heat or buy a different WP angle.

Mine is a classic, Bio. I use it for direct draw at the moment but I'll definitely get a glass bong to put it in, just so I can look at my herb change color better

I'm slowly developing the perfect technique with it. The heat up time is awesome, between 10 and 20 seconds for me with the culinary torch I have.

Polmol,

gn0me

gnonsensical
Manufacturer
Heya all! Exciting news... the new website is going up this week, and I got some new pouches! These ones come in two flavors - one for both the classic and GonG vapes, with two individual sections, and one for the classic vape and a stash tube, with three sections. Here's a quick and dirty pic of the new fabrics - I'll show off a stash vial set as soon as I can take some new pics!
pouches.jpg

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Very nice Calen ! Looks very classy - a fine match to the gnomes :) . What temps do those endure..?(anything special on the inside ?) .
I don't expect any textile to endure the heated gnome right after session but how much after session do you expect to be ok for a gnome to be tucked in ? (i guess also the gong with need more time too cool Wait longer or its pouches has even more heat protection ?)
I for sure will be getting one of these with my next order :). I love so gnomes so much that if even one part of the set is broken i will be replacing it immediatly for sure.. + JRR bubbler was awesome.. and i am for some time now trying to thing an idea of nice bubbler with a cool perc ..
-------------------------------
I very much like the tag Gnome Glass at the bottom.. Like it is melted out of a true gnome's gold pot :).

Abysmal Vapor,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Those pouches are very cool, but I wish they had a third space for the GonG adapter. Also, I made the mistake of placing my hot gnome directly on the pouch and it immediately began to singe the pouch. So make sure you let your piece cool down for a few minutes before placing back in the pouch.
:2c:

Stu,

Abysmal Vapor

Whip Slip - Protective Vaporizer Whip Cover - Ranger Green
Protect your glass whip with a Whip Slip. This soft, padded clothe cover is heat resistant to 1000°F. Your whip can go straight from the vaporizer into the Whip Slip without worrying about the hot glass damaging the inner material.
The outer material of the Whip Slip is made from 100% cotton or a cotton blend fabric. A cushioned batting is sandwiched between the inner and outer fabric. The inner lining is a blend of oxidized fiber fabric that allows the Whip Slip to withstand the direct flame of 1000°F without igniting, burning, or melting.
Each Whip Slip is hand sewn, inspected, and proudly made in the U.S.A.
Slip Dimensions: 8” x 2.5”
Whip Slip is designed to cover the glass portion of the whip only, not the hose or mouthpiece. Pattern and colors may differ from image. Whip is not included.

Тhose are sold for 17 $. sleeves can be easily made custom to the piece, (there is a link attached to the photo if intrested)

Abysmal Vapor,

gn0me

gnonsensical
Manufacturer
Ooooh, that's an interesting idea... I'll look into getting that fabric into my pouches. I had these designed with cotton insides so no melting to the piece, but it can still singe if the vape's above 500 degrees or so. Letting it cool for about 20 seconds should be enough to put it in the pouch with no worries, and the padding means you can go straight into the pocket from there. I had tested several right after vaping with the classic but the GonG must stay hot longer.

gn0me,
Reactions: vorrange

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Hey guys. thought I would make a quick vid of the gn0me oil dome explaining how to use it.
The gn0me I have is actually a 14 not 18 GonG as I state in the video - I believe it can be had in 18 as well though. And in case it was unclear - the 4 parts I showed, the dome, mouthpiece, elbow and dabber are not all part of the gn0me oil dome set. Please contact Calen for prices on each piece.

Abysmal Vapor

Awesome video dude.. Glad you liked the dab tech.. For me it is the most efficient. Did you get also the closed dome ? the gong with the carb is meant for it IMO.. It functions just like the eclipse but its nicer IMO. Mine has a very nice shape and i can use straight on stove..
I strongly recommend if you got very tasty oils to try the slow vaporization method with a stove.. There nothing that matches the taste of slowly vaporized Absolute amber..

Abysmal Vapor,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Awesome video dude.. Glad you liked the dab tech.. For me it is the most efficient. Did you get also the closed dome ? the gong with the carb is meant for it IMO.. It functions just like the eclipse but its nicer IMO. Mine has a very nice shape and i can use straight on stove..
I strongly recommend if you got very tasty oils to try the slow vaporization method with a stove.. There nothing that matches the taste of slowly vaporized Absolute amber..

I didn't get the closed dome...BUT...Calen was ace and made a small gong mini jar and lid. I tried using the vial as a closed dome as you described with great effect :D so an extra way to vaporize with this awesome set :tup:

J.R.R.Tokin',

Abysmal Vapor

Hey OTA. For the Dab method i preheat till glas starts glowing red.
For the slow cooking method.. i can't say what temps are needed but it all happens with much visual evidence so it so vaporization rate can be controlled pretty easily. I am able to achieve needed temps even with a regular gas lighter or candle .

Abysmal Vapor,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Abysmal,
Are you saying that you can use a candle flame under the gnome and with pre-loaded concentrate you just slowly heat it up and inhale when you see vapor forming? I'm trying to envision this process.

Stu,

gn0me

gnonsensical
Manufacturer
You have absolutely no idea how much I enjoy hearing the above video narrated in a British accent... excellent vid.

Also, the closed vial and stopper included work great with the mouthpiece you showed in the video - you can place oil in the vial, heat the vial slowly like an Eclipse, and the hole in the neck of the oil vape directs fresh air down and into the vial, mixing air with vapor to be inhaled. Sorry about the lack of included instructions!

*edit* I see you already tried that... lol!

Cheers!
-gnome!

Top Bottom