Glassblowersdirect.com - Affordable quality glass

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Got my stuff from Mike today. I'll take some pictures, to show. He wants me to beta a new downstem he's testing. Haven't had a chance to yet (just opened package). Going to get some pics and post them in a bit, after some testing. The beta downstem, while I can't speak to performance, looks like its going to RIP!!! Really excited about this one!

BF3808

I had to e-mail Sam because I had to go to other island for work for few days. I wanted to time it so I can be home when the glass arrives. To my surprise, he says my glass is almost done and ready to ship out. I guess I'll be going to Kauai today so I can be home when my bubbler arrives. Just made my day. To anyone who's wondering,,,I placed the order on 10/18/2012.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Well, I want to say again how pleased I am with this piece, and how excited I am to be getting the second one with an added mod. I'll be sure to post pics when I get it. ** and I requested for him not to rush my order, so he could get to the other ones first...

Well, I want to say again how pleased I am with this piece, and how excited I am to be getting the second one with an added mod. I'll be sure to post pics when I get it. ** and I requested for him not to rush my order, so he could get to the other ones first...
Patience is good. Mine may take a few months... I need to hold tight.
Here is a good track I keep in mind when patience runs low...

havealight101,

onigiri1692

I made a order a few days ago as well after everybody posted pictures and thoughts on the bubbler's performance. I even asked Sam to make me a few glass adapters to connect tubing to the bubbler...I simply showed him a picture of what I was looking for and he kindly obliged, great and quick customer service indeed.

Here is what I asked him to make me, the 18mm adapter to connect my Herbalaire to the bubbler, and a 14mm one to give me the option to use a whip if I so choose. Oh and he is only charging me $10 for each adapter, a great deal if you ask me.

onOFd.jpg

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Here is what I asked him to make me, the 18mm adapter to connect my Herbalaire to the bubbler, and a 14mm one to give me the option to use a whip if I so choose. Oh and he is only charging me $10 for each adapter, a great deal if you ask me.

onOFd.jpg

I thought about telling Sam that he should make some of these to go with the FC bubbler. The 14mm one looks exactly like the one I'm using, it works great.

The issue I have with using the 18mm one with a whip is that your whip wants to bend and kink from gravity, usually in the middle of a hit, lol.

I've found the one that works best for me is this Vapor Brothers adapter:

h2o19mmelbow.jpg

Kinda expensive though at $20 plus shipping. But that downward angle helps a lot.

He wants me to beta a new downstem he's testing. Haven't had a chance to yet (just opened package). Going to get some pics and post them in a bit, after some testing. The beta downstem, while I can't speak to performance, looks like its going to RIP!!! Really excited about this one!

:drool: Was just gonna pull the trigger on a low-pro showerhead downstem, should I wait longer?

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Got my downstem. Now I just need my piece.

20121031_124100.jpg

20121031_124036.jpg

20121031_124011.jpg

:drool: Was just gonna pull the trigger on a low-pro showerhead downstem, should I wait longer?

Had I known Sam was going to make similar downstems to the showerhead, I would have got from him. His will most definitely fit. Mine might, might not. However, then I wouldn't have received the kick ass beta piece, I did.

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: Tweak

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Oh yeah, Mike has already made a generous offer on a couple different sizes, if I need. So, we'll see. If this one doesn't fit, we'll get it right. Both the ones he sent, are some of his best stuff. I'm not easily impressed with downstems. I really didn't think it would be possible to reduce drag from the two I was using in the big tube. A 19-hole (I said 18 earlier, but forgot the middle hole. lol) and a shorter showerhead from Mike. The new beta he sent, blew me away. Cuts both drag and smooths out the pulls, by a noticeable/significant amount.

Hell, I want to buy a straight tube, just for the extra downstem(s) I'm going to have left over, especially if one is the beta.

BigDaddyVapor,

KeepItLit

good thing i opened this thread up, think its time to get a new piece of glass! good looking on the site!

KeepItLit,

chimpybits

I thought about telling Sam that he should make some of these to go with the FC bubbler. The 14mm one looks exactly like the one I'm using, it works great.

The issue I have with using the 18mm one with a whip is that your whip wants to bend and kink from gravity, usually in the middle of a hit, lol.

I've found the one that works best for me is this Vapor Brothers adapter:

h2o19mmelbow.jpg

Kinda expensive though at $20 plus shipping. But that downward angle helps a lot.

On the last day of the sale, I picked up this bubbler with the gbd low-pro downstem (and including requests from this thread - closed end, long as possible). Now, I have to work out the other bits to pair with my SSV. This VB adapter looks better than the SSV adapter in that the former has quite an acute downward angle; whereas, the latter has a slight obtuse (greater than 90 degrees) upward angle.

As I'm floundering on this decision, I expect I'll receive my bubbler and try it just with the SSV hose directly into the bubbler. As this is my first piece of glass, I could just get a sense of it with this setup and inform my adapter decision. I may also get a sense of how the SSV hands-free could improve it, if I prefer with or without a downstem, etc. I envision holding the bubbler in hand, typically while on sofa with SSV a bit below on a table or lower on the floor. So, I expect to be drawn to the most lazy, comfortable setup.

I'll be going "across the line" and bringing across the Canadian border. I'm not really looking forward to that, but am keen to try vapor-bubbling.

chimpybits,

BF3808

I flew back in a hurry hoping to receive it by early next week but I still haven't got a confirmation email yet. I hope I get that email sometime next week at least. I'm hoping...

BF3808,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Just got my showerhead stem from Mike (OGB), :love:it.

It really makes it a whole different piece. It adds some much needed drag, for me at least. I like to hit my pieces hard and without the downstem I have to pace myself. With the downstem I can grip it and rip it, :lol:.

At least this my first impressions, I'm kinda vaped right now so....:tup:

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Just chillout and smoke some weed dude, you'll have your bub soon enough.

I don't "smoke" weed, I've been quite "chill", I think having purchased one myself and having helped drive a few sales his way. I think I'm allowed to voice frustration.

Good looking out. But next time I'm in need of "life advice", I think I'll stick with the advice of professionals and/or my own life experience, K? Dude?

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: Gammy

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Now now, there is no need for that attitude Bigguy. Plus I think posts about shipping etc. are unwanted in general so the dude/dudette may have a point.

edit: in hindsight I think my comment is unwanted too. Someone report me please :|

OhTheAgony,
Reactions: VapeVoice

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Still waiting to hear back from Sam. Hopefully, I have some news today. After breaking the lid on my MFLB again, I need some good news.

Update: just got the notice from Sam. It was shipped! Now I just need him to call me, about our first official LHS in Bakersfield, rwhich needs something other than China glass.

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: placetime
Top Bottom