Glassblowersdirect.com - Affordable quality glass

korey

it has always been my dream to own one of these if any one has one there selling please make me an offer thank you and have a nice day

korey,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
I hope more folks have gotten their bubs and just too busy to report. Haven't seen much action here lately.

Mine should be here today, or tomorrow. Ya know USPS, and their sometimes less than stellar "Tracking" info. Glad to see that BDV is finally going to receive his! I still can hardly wait to see what it looks like.

*Edit, looks like tomorrow. Mail came, no box. Called the local PO, not there either. :popcorn:

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
*Edit, looks like tomorrow. Mail came, no box. Called the local PO, not there either. :popcorn:

They did that to me too. I felt like going postal, :\. They said it was a common practice, wtf.

I should be getting some glass bits from Mike today. Gonna try some different mouthpiece set-ups, I'm loving the versatility of this bubbler. If I have time I'll take some snapshots.

Can't wait to see some other reviews and thoughts from fellow FCers. I wonder, has anybody received one that is straight with no bottom bubble?

VapeVoice

They did that to me too. I felt like going postal, :\. They said it was a common practice, wtf.

I should be getting some glass bits from Mike today. Gonna try some different mouthpiece set-ups, I'm loving the versatility of this bubbler. If I have time I'll take some snapshots.

Can't wait to see some other reviews and thoughts from fellow FCers. I wonder, has anybody received one that is straight with no bottom bubble?
Ugh mine says out for delivery and if they pull that scam on me again Im going to lose it :)

VapeVoice

It's here and it's awesome!!! Will post pics tonight!

Edit: Taking my first hit the piece that holds the mouthpiece fell off!!! Going to contact Sam now. I love the weight, and look. And I am sure Sam will fix this but, not very pleased at the moment.
20121107163711.jpg

20121107163736.jpg

20121107164649.jpg

20121107164700.jpg

20121107164706.jpg

VapeVoice

i see what u mean. i got it. took the pics and went for a test run... then it happened :/ I'll keep you all posted.

EDIT** I just received a response from Sam. Very fast and courteous as I thought from the get go. He is sending out a replacement and apologized for the inconvenience. Sam is a stand up guy and I am sure I will be a customer for a long time to come with his superb level of customer service!

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I got my FC bub today as well. Here are some pics:
54ucg4.jpg

2hxmt6h.jpg

mahrbq.jpg

And a quick video of breaking her in. That first rip damn near killed me. I can' take very big rips due to my chronic bronchitis.

I'm enjoying it very much so far, but I've only just started playing with it. I'll report more of my thoughts later.

:peace:

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
It's here and it's awesome!!! Will post pics tonight!

Edit: Taking my first hit the piece that holds the mouthpiece fell off!!! Going to contact Sam now. I love the weight, and look. And I am sure Sam will fix this but, not very pleased at the moment.

What a bummer. Sucks you have to wait for another one to ship, :( . Could you get a closer shot of that showerhead, looks like your slits are a bit wider than mine.

So I got my package today and I'm super pumped, thanks Mike, :clap:

First, my 14mm Water Pipe Adapter, the tube is 9.5mm, think I could have went with the 12mm for the SSV hose
dsc2727c.jpg

For comparison purpose, my 14mm SSV WPA
dsc2724h.jpg

And here is the Bubbler with stock mouthpiece:
dsc2740g.jpg

Stock mouthpiece with 14 to 14 angled adapter:
dsc2741l.jpg

My favorite setup now, custom 18mm female mouthpiece with 14 to 18 angled adapter:
dsc2742o.jpg

Some images of my mouthpiece weld, I'm not sure what to look for that would make it week
dsc2747q.jpg

dsc2746f.jpg

Edit:
I'm enjoying it very much so far, but I've only just started playing with it. I'll report more of my thoughts later.

Awesome video man. Now I want the Cloud even more. They look like they play well together. :rockon:

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Just had a break to post some pics. I'll write up some words and review later. Glad I had Mike add the 1/4" to the showerhead downstem. Fits just like I imagined.

Well just a 1/2 hour of typing a review in my phone. Only to lose the entire thing on a phone glitch. Love the piece. Function is good, sans downstem if you drop it down just above the slits. Drop the extra showerhead in there and give it about 1/4", for what I like best so far. Though granted I've had only one Turbo tube thru it.

Here's the pics of what people have been wanting to see. I'll try to add to the review, when my phone isn't @#$%ing up. ImThe piece is/was an excellent buy and definately falls into the category of High Quality Glass: A+

20121107_160645.jpg

20121107_155742.jpg

20121107_160108.jpg

20121107_155827.jpg

Where the extra downstem drops to.
20121107_160207.jpg

VapeVoice

I'm not worried about the wait. I am just overjoyed that there are still people who get how important customer service is. Sam has earned himself a very loyal customer who will sing his praises to anyone will listen. I will patiently await my new bubbler. And I encourage anyone on the fence about buying a piece from Sam to go for it. With his level of commitment you can't go wrong. Once I get the new one I will post more pics and a video. Thanks to everyone for their concern and advice!!

VapeVoice

Just had a break to post some pics. I'll write up some words and review later. Glad I had Mike add the 1/4" to the showerhead downstem. Fits just like I imagined.

Well just a 1/2 hour of typing a review in my phone. Only to lose the entire thing on a phone glitch. Love the piece. Function is good, sans downstem if you drop it down just above the slits. Drop the extra showerhead in there and give it about 1/4", for what I like best so far. Though granted I've had only one Turbo tube thru it.

Here's the pics of what people have been wanting to see. I'll try to add to the review, when my phone isn't @#$%ing up. ImThe piece is/was an excellent buy and definately falls into the category of High Quality Glass: A+

20121107_160645.jpg

20121107_155742.jpg

20121107_160108.jpg

20121107_155827.jpg
Gorgeous piece. Think I am going to email Sam about doing a little something on my replacement piece.

VapeVoice,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Nice video Stu! The piece seems to milk up, and clear so fast!

Tweak, thanks for the new pics! Looking at them, I can re-state my earlier post, and say that I don't feel that it really is a 'weak spot' at all. In previous pics, partly because I didn't look close enough, it appeared as though the glass around the ground female joint for the mouth piece, was stretched thin, and more fragile, especially being in a stressed spot, weight wise. Looking further at the previous pics/your new ones, I don't feel worried at all now about the weight of the mouthpiece/HT, etc. VapeVoice's bubbler seemed to be a fluke, weather by means of breaking during transit, or otherwise.

I'm glad your getting taken care of VapeVoice, and good idea on deciding to ask for some custom work on the replacement, taking advantage of your "second chace," per se. It's a good way to turn a less than happy situation around :) And I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little jealous of all of this custom art! I love the look of your piece Stu and BDV. Both came out wonderful!

I know what I'll be thinking of, laying in bed tonight. And, what I'll be waiting for all morning!

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Nice video Stu! The piece seems to milk up, and clear so fast!
It was the fast clear that cought me off guard. The can is larger than my ion, and I've been used to just clearing the minimal amount of my HT for so long that I was not prepared for the clear. It's like I was expecting a sip of beer and got slammed with a beerbong. :cheers:

I, too really like the way BDV's piece came out. Very nice indeed. :cool: Congrats BDV!

NewVape

What a guy!
It was the fast clear that cought me off guard.
When I saw you pull the Cloud away with the adapter still attached I thought we'd see it's first and last use. :p

Everyone's bubblers look great. Love the wanted poster BVD. Just makes me more psyched for my own. I'm having Sam alter the mouthpiece slightly. I'll post pics and video when it comes in.

NewVape,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I thought yours came out nice, as well, Stu. What I like most about it, was it was easily recognizable. I saw the pic as I was skimming and did an immediate about-face.

I am very impressed with the piece so far. I haven't used it much, native (sans downstem) but the more I use it, the more impressed I am.

This is an entirely different beast, than the Leviathan. I'm not saying its better or worse. In fact, I wouldn't want to make a call. I would probably go with the Lev for 2 reasons. Friendship and that Lattice perc. HOWEVER, function-wise... artistically... Sam's piece, hangs with any in my collection. Without knowledge of any piece and a blind test... this would go with one of the Leviathans.

One of the things I like about this piece, I really took notice of in my PM discussion with bOObs. I noted Sam's use of the curves in the showerhead, body and placement/size of his cuts... would alleviate my concerns for chug. The piece does exhibit some chug-like tendency, but it really doesn't translate to your pull, which comes smooth. Adding the extra downstem/perc though... wow!

Sans downstem, you're actually adding a decent amount of extra vapor volume, with the cavernous downstem. Speaking of which, this piece has the most gorgeous Dewaar I have ever seen! Really, all the lines of this piece, just flow into one another. Each piece, beautiful and as a whole, stunning. The pulls are a bit massive, going native with this piece. It hits similar to the Leviathan bubbler, configured this way. One hitter territory. Adding the showerhead from Mike aka oregonglassblower, smooths things out tremendously. You don't really lose any flavor, as the water level drops to the bottom of the inner perc and is then drawn out the outer, where it percs. This results in the ability to take massive rips. Stupid, big rips. Yet... smoooooooth. You really have to push it, to coax a cough out of this piece configured this way.

My only beefs are minor. First, I don't have any issue with the wiggle ion the mouthpiece. Sam sends a note explaining its intentional and don't try to correct it. I haven't felt uncomfortable with its seating yet, even with the wiggle. The glass on the mouthpiece is obviously thinner. At first this bothered me... then I realized why. Its to reduce weight and stress on the joint. Though, even taking into account the broken piece.. I believe that joint is a place of strength. Mine is solid, clean, smooth and built like a tank.

We are truly lucky to have had 2 extremely talented glass blowers make, insanely good pieces, for stupid good prices. Just spending less than the price of many name brands, that don't work any better. 2 HQ pieces for less than the price of one. Plus, both pieces are more than material objects. Both were made with the intention of making something special.

I am notoriously forgiving with a lot of my grades. Especially with my early glass and didn't know drag from percolating. Even taking that early leniency into account and certainly judging with a more critical eye, due to early breakage/disappointment. Sam and his crew at Glassblowersdirect.com deserve a hearty amount of gratitude and an indisputable A+.

Sorry the review and video aren't up to my usual standards. I told Sam that I would do my first full video review on his piece and I intend to do so. Its been a 2 hour pain in the ass, doing a rough video and this review w/o my laptop. I hope it lives up to previous reviews.

HD 1080 full-screen

jambandphan03

in flavor country
looking great guys!! I also prefer using my downstem in place, just like the draw/perc better.

jambandphan03,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
My FC Bubbler arrived today! I am in love :luv: and cannot believe the quality and size of this piece! I was expecting smaller, even after holding a tape measure in every conceivable position, trying to visualize it. I LOVE it! No flaws, that I can see, what so ever. I'm just waiting on it to adjust to room temp, then I'm going to clean it, and break it in! It's around 30 degrees outside, so this thing is frozen! Back with pics/video later, hopefully :)

Edit*
This sucks. I filled it up with water, sat the mouth piece back in the joint, and before I could fill an ELB for the Cloud, the mouth piece and female GONG joint fell off!

:bang: I wasn't touching the piece when it broke; It was sitting on my desk and it fell apart!!!!!! The mouth piece sat in the bubbler fine, and stayed like a charm before, and just after I filled the piece with water, then as I'm filling an ELB, the thing just falls off!

I inspected the joint when I got the piece. IT WAS NOT CRACKED. This thing was shipped bomb proof, as good or better than my Cloud was. It was not fractured, anything when I got it. The broken section looks fine, it broke sooo cleanly too. Wtf? Glass woes.

photo2-1.jpg

Once again, not mad at Sam, at all, the glass all looks and feels to be amazing quality! I don't feel sad that I've received a less than quality piece..I am upset that I received a high quality piece, and it broke before I got the chance to enjoy it!

Top Bottom