Glassblowersdirect.com - Affordable quality glass

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
dsc2716m.jpg

dsc2718o.jpg

This amount of water and my downstem's tip is wet and makes a bit of ripples in the water.

Another advantage besides as previously mentioned wear on your GonG joint is the ability to clean a removable dowstem vs the internal tube, it always gives me fits.

I'd love to try a 4 3/4".

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Damnit? Seriously? 4 3/4"!?

That one there is 4 1/2" @#$%!

EDIT: Even looking at the above. I think I'm taking a chance bumping it up to 4 1/2". Hopefully I got hold of Mike (oregonglassblowers) fast enough. The way he shapes his showerhead, I'm still pretty confident, the top level of the downstem slits, will be BELOW the top level of the bubbler slits. He said he was making it tomorrow. So, if he logs on iofffer, he should see my request.

BTW... I let Mike know about the forum and mentioned there's like 4 or 5 of us, who constantly mention him. He was happy with the networking and said he would check out the forum. Hopefully he signs up, though we'll have to make sure he knows to go through as a vendor. But, I think he could get some good business off this site. People are always looking for adapters and such. That's right up his alley.

EDIT II: Whew! Caught him in time. He's going to make me a longer one. Plus, he wants to keep track of the progress, since I told him the idea of the dual inner/outer showerhead setup. I put a link in my sig for him, since it seems like someone is always asking for some sort of adapter or whatever. I don't get anything out of it, but good karma and hopefully it will encourage him to open an account here, if he sees more sales coming from the forum. (I told him about informing and signing up as retailer). He did check us out and said it looks like a pretty cool forum. Lip service? But, if we keep mentioning the forum when we order... he'll get the hint.

I've bought from him twice, 3 items so far and each has been exceptional quality. Its all heat annealed, nice and smooth. Plus, after a single order with the guy, he starts cutting NICE discounts on 2 items or more. His response and turnaround time, are exceptional. Had I responded earlier this morning, my package would be on my doorstep Monday. Instead, I'll wait until Wednesday... but it will be here. I bought 3 more items this time, the downstem, a 18mm and 14mm glass cleaning stoppers. $36 + $14 + $14 + $6 (shipping) = $70. I'm paying $44 plus $6 shipping and I bet he also throws in some freebies. Last time, it was 1 lg and 1 sm keck clips. The nice ones, that aren't brittle and break. VH has dealt with him a few time also. He'll vouch for the guy to.

BigDaddyVapor,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
So... after having a second FC bub all lined up in the shopping cart, I became hesitant to pull the trigger, and made a deal with myself ... If I sold one of my $150 sweater coats today, I'd get a second bub. Guess what just happened :freak: . So the order is in, and I will have a second one some time in the next couple of weeks. I am curious to see how they differ, etc...

mscm888

I'm with BDV. I want an 18mm downstem with a diffusion perc that sits under the top of the slits of the fixed showerhead.

mscm888,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I'm working on it with oregonglassblower. I'll come up with a measuring chart once I get mine. Plus upload videos to show how it works. I'm taking a wild stab in the dark, educated guess, that this will work the way I think it will.

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: mscm888

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
I just put together this little comparison video, first has extra downstem, second doesn't. Here ya go...

Looks like it hits wonderfully either way! I am very excited to get this piece (hopefully it ships soon!) What are your overall thoughts on this piece, after having it now for a while? Do you use it with your Cloud much?

Purpl3_Haz3,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I am very pleased with this piece. Visually, it has some minor imperfections, but over all, the quality looks and feels good, the piece is very solid, and heavy for the size. I am using my bent neck stem, so I can not comment on how the straight stem performs at this time. I do think the only thing lacking here, is a way to secure what ever is plugged into the mouthpiece joint. You do have to be a little careful not to pull out the mouthpiece. I do love how versatile having a port in that position is though. I can use the 45 degree angle adapter to use my bent neck stem, or my HC, making it a double shower perc. What ever you have that is 14mm should slide down in there. I really like how it percs too, it stacks really well. Over all, it's a fabulous piece for the cost, and I hope everyone else is as happy with theirs as I am with mine.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Looks like it hits wonderfully either way! I am very excited to get this piece (hopefully it ships soon!) What are your overall thoughts on this piece, after having it now for a while? Do you use it with your Cloud much?

Its not doing much of anything, except decreasing the inside diameter of the tubing. The downstem doesn't sit low enough, plus being an open end, its kind of pointless.

If it sat lower and you could drop a bead down, to act as a ball valve... then the open end, slitted would work. Otherwise, need something like a showerhead, or other downstem that disperses the bubbles out towards the showerhead of the piece.

I'm hoping to get lucky, with this piece from oregonglassblower, but he said he's willing to work with me, to get one that fits and I know he's taken downstems in return... just pay for shipping.

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: deadc0ffee

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Its not doing much of anything, except decreasing the inside diameter of the tubing. The downstem doesn't sit low enough, plus being an open end, its kind of pointless.
I know ;) I said almost exactly the same thing you just said, one page back, in reply to Frederick McGuire...
Aside from changing the inner diameter of the air path (down tube, etc) your correct...if the downstem doesn't protrude to at least as low as the showerhead slits, it technically can't do anything AFAICT. From what I can see, in the pic jam posted, all the downstem she has is doing, is reducing the inner diameter, possible slightly restricting airflow.

I specifically asked Sam for a downstem that would be as long as possible, and still fit in this bubbler. If I'm going to have a downstem in it, I want it to be below the water lever/below or equal to the showehead slits.
I'm hoping to get lucky as well, and get something more 'workable' from Sam. I didn't want to be too picky, and ask for a closed-end downstem, on top of already asking for one that's long, more specifically, as long as possible; So, my plan, if I do receive a downstem that is open ended, but long enough to protrude below the showerhead slits, is to use a bead (I'll hold off on grabbing some from the LHS until I have the downstem in hand. I'm well known there, and can bring in clean, even used, pieces for sizing, etc, being a medical patient.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
well, when I watch the shower head, pretty much all the water seems to pull out of the shower head when hitting it. I don't know if any length of downstem is going to make a real difference. It does make it a little less chuggy, and it keeps the inside of the shower head tube from getting as dirty. The restriction it produces is so minor that I don't find it effects the draw enough not to use it. I'm sure each of us will find different ways of using this bub.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Any percolating downstem, that has its cuts and/or holes, below the level of the (top of) slits on the bubbler, will have a significant difference on the pull, drag, perc, etc.

BigDaddyVapor,

brandonflav

mastermind behind the great Vapor Caper
I like this bubbler, especially the price; I would get one, but I'm really not a big fan of the removable mouthpiece.

brandonflav,

deadc0ffee

Inquisitive vaporist
Got my 4.5" showerhead downstem from oregonglassblower today, the holes in the downstem sit lower than the holes in the original downstem and I definitely notice more of a frothy look to the bubbles and there's less of a chug to the piece. Definitely worth buying, and @BigDaddyVapor, I hope yours sits this well when you receive your bubbler- it's a lovely addition.

Sam is good shit. After a couple weeks, of back and forward, I have invoice #0061x! He's been very patient with me and pleasent to deal with. Ohh, and he's making me a bub I've been dreaming about for a while! ;)
BTW, he said he can do the showerhead stems with slits to match bubs for 29.95 w/bub and 35 w/o.

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Sam is good shit. After a couple weeks, of back and forward, I have invoice #0061x! He's been very patient with me and pleasant to deal with.
I have to agree 100% with this post! Ever since I approached Sam via email, a week or so ago about a downstem, he has been wonderful to communicate with! The downstem would have been for a piece that I'm actually selling to a friend; the green bong seen in my videos. I've fallen out of love with that piece, and a close friend has been loving it since I purchased it. He's picking it up on thursday. So, I purchased the FC bubbler, to fill the void :D

When I've emailed Sam, with a question/request, he has been very good about replying! I'm thinking I should have my bubbler in a week and a few days. When I asked when he thought it might ship out, he said that it should be done/ready to go by weeks end. I know I'm going to love this piece when I get it. I also know that my hydracirc is going to get a lot of use between thursday, and whenever my FC bubbler gets here :lol:

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Well, after being told I was looking at it shipping last Friday, haven't heard anything since my last email to Sam.

Sigh...

Fired off another one. Hope to hear something.

BF3808

Well, after being told I was looking at it shipping last Friday, haven't heard anything since my last email to Sam.

Sigh...

Fired off another one. Hope to hear something.

Ordered mine on 10/18 and still waiting! I was avoiding this thread because I was jealous. I have been checking my email for shipping confirmation for days even though I knew it won't be that fast. I'm hoping I get my email by end of October at least.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I assumed mine would take a little longer, Sam made it apparent he wanted to have a chance to mess around with the logo, which of course adds more variables, of things that can go wrong.

He could have got slammed, when the 1st reviews/pics started rolling in. I told him it wasn't a rush, but I would like to know what's up. Why I asked.

BF3808

I don't want to rush him at all. I want him to take time to make it nice since he was nice enough to do few extra stuff that I've asked for no extra charge. Nice guy...but I'm just anxious since it's waiting to start a partnership with my UD vaporizer. That's why I haven't sent him any email. I'll just wait patiently but still hoping to get it fast...do I make any sense?

BF3808,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
I don't want to rush him at all. I want him to take time to make it nice since he was nice enough to do few extra stuff that I've asked for no extra charge. Nice guy...but I'm just anxious since it's waiting to start a partnership with my UD vaporizer. That's why I haven't sent him any email. I'll just wait patiently but still hoping to get it fast...do I make any sense?

I feel the same. Each time I've emailed, has been about something technical, like the length of the removable downstem, etc. But, every time, I've stressed that it isn't a rush at all. And today, when I emailed him, saying something of the lines of, "I'm sorry to bother you, but do you have any idea around when my unit might ship? No rush..." And when he replied, he said, something like, 'by the end of the week it should be ready. Your not a bother. I know your just excited about it."

He seems very understanding, etc. Like you mentioned, I would much rather wait, for such a quality piece of glass. These bubblers are all looking really nice. I don't mind waiting for that. I do feel bad, that you and BDV, and probably several others who ordered before me, are waiting, and we all will probably receive them around the same time...But, I'm hoping you guys get your pieces soon, like this week :)

Purpl3_Haz3,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Said he learned a couple things making my piece, and will implement them. I'm well aware Murphy is a regular visitor to glass blowers. Its like baking cakes and some idiot keeps coming in, slamming doors. So he had to start over on mine. Didn't give a time, I didn't ask. Though, its beginning of the week and last time, with 1/2 the week gone, he said Friday... so hopefully it ships mid-week.

I'll keep myself occupied. In fact, I made another SSFG Frankenstein piece today. Been meaning to match these to up... I didn't think it would be smooth as it is, but surprisingly, its a nice pull.

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: Enchantre

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Said he learned a couple things making my piece, and will implement them. I'm well aware Murphy is a regular visitor to glass blowers. Its like baking cakes and some idiot keeps coming in, slamming doors. So he had to start over on mine. Didn't give a time, I didn't ask. Though, its beginning of the week and last time, with 1/2 the week gone, he said Friday... so hopefully it ships mid-week.

I'll keep myself occupied. In fact, I made another SSFG Frankenstein piece today. Been meaning to match these to up... I didn't think it would be smooth as it is, but surprisingly, its a nice pull.

Well, glad to hear that he's going to be implementing new techniques, or something, into the pieces. And, hopefully you'll be getting your piece soon! Any chance you wanna take a video of your newest frankenstein SSFG combo, and post it in the glass video thread?

Purpl3_Haz3,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Got my 4.5" showerhead downstem from oregonglassblower today

Awesome. Did you get the showerhead downstem that BDV linked?

Was contemplating between Mike's downstem or picking up an Alex-K showerhead. Think I'll settle on the cheaper one, :) .

Tweak,
Top Bottom