Glassblowersdirect.com - Affordable quality glass

jambandphan03

in flavor country
:\ I am keeping a close eye on mine. I wonder if the cold temps in shipping had anything to do with it ... I can see the line where mine attaches and looks like where both the others broke from. I understand the frustration, but give Sam a chance to make it right. He may need to rethink that joint if this keeps happening. I wonder how my malegong joint is going to fare, if it is attached there in the same way. I will have to wait and see how it turns out. I feel for both you guys! :disgust:

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Sorry to hear that Purp3_Haz3. :ugh:

Wow this is scary. Maybe it's just this batch, anyway you two can compare order #'s? Either way this sucks, now I'm afraid to use my heavier custom mouthpiece.

If mine broke I would be devastated, all my recent glass bits are chosen with this bubbler in mind.

Maybe its the cold weather? I'm beginning to wonder if these bubblers are truly borosilicate or just soda-lime. Even soda-lime shouldn't break this easy right?

Hoops

Dammit. This concerns me as well. For two pieces to break in the same spot within the first week..... Not good. I too wish to cancel my order....if it doesn't last a week, I certainly can't justify the costs. While I am still very impressed with Sam, this is a problem apparently.

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
I will definitely give Sam a chance to fix things. I know he will, or rather, I feel very certain that he will. I emailed him, and left him a voicemail, just after this happened and I posted here. I've since vaped three or four hits through it, holding the mouthpiece/ground joint on the bubbler. Very clean break lol. Hits really damn smooth, just not so hands free :lol: :cry:

BF3808

I don't think I'm ordering anything from Sam any time soon. Here's my opinion on my glass. I've waited almost a month and I'm not really happy with the product. The slits on my shower head is really messed up. All the slits are uneven. Some are tiny and some are so big that I can fit a my finger through. FC logo seems like it's a sticker rather than sand blasted like promised. Mouthpiece almost broke off when I tried taking them out after a session. It got stuck there for some reason. I will take some pictures later and post it.

BF3808,

NewVape

What a guy!
Oh so bummed for both you guys. Like Purpl3 said, I'm sure Sam will take care of you. And as far as my order is concerned I'm not quite ready to jump ship, two can still be a coincidence.

VapeVoice

I rather like the quality of my bubbler aside from the mouthpiece joint that broke. Sam has been more than helpful and professional. I am confident that he will make any issues right as he seems very eager to make a name for himself in the market and this is one place he can do that effectively. i would recommend contacting him if you have any issues and see if there is any way to resolve them. I was unhappy to say the least when my unit broke on me but, I also think that we should give him the benefit of the doubt and the opportunity to make things right. Which, with at least my situation, he is handling like a true professional who is dedicated to customer service.

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
I rather like the quality of my bubbler aside from the mouthpiece joint that broke. Sam has been more than helpful and professional. I am confident that he will make any issues right as he seems very eager to make a name for himself in the market and this is one place he can do that effectively. i would recommend contacting him if you have any issues and see if there is any way to resolve them. I was unhappy to say the least when my unit broke on me but, I also think that we should give him the benefit of the doubt and the opportunity to make things right. Which, with at least my situation, he is handling like a true professional who is dedicated to customer service.

Most definitely. As I said in my most recent posts, from the post about my bub arriving/breaking, to the last one, I am not mad at Sam at all, just upset at the situation. :)

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Got my bubb today! So excited to use it. Little bigger then i expected but cant complain. I hope i dont run into the breakage others are experiencing. I fell like it may have been due to poor handleing but who knows for sure and mine is fine for now If i were Sam i would probably add a Fragile sticker or 2 to the box. Was little surprised that the on,y marking on the box was a 1 inch stamp saying fragile and it wasnt a very clear stamp. Will report back on my findings later.

Anyone that has this and the lattice lev can you post apic side by side for size comparison. Kinda bummed i didnt go with lev i really really really am craving a disc style perc

Also ordered a soveigerntry gridded downstem as well as a leisure 6 arm from ALT, hopefull will come soon!

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Got my bubb today! So excited to use it. Little bigger then i expected but cant complain. I hope i dont run into the breakage others are experiencing. I fell like it may have been due to poor handleing but who knows for sure and mine is fine for now If i were Sam i would probably add a Fragile sticker or 2 to the box. Was little surprised that the on,y marking on the box was a 1 inch stamp saying fragile and it wasnt a very clear stamp.
Glad to hear you got yours safely! :tup: It really is an awesome piece! I've been experimenting with different water levels, with and without diffy, hitting it by holding the mouth piece/ground joint to the body of the bubbler. Clean break, perfect seal. High/low water, and it stack amazingly, and gives awesome hits!!! I wish it wasn't broken! :lol: :cry:

My box, as well, only has one smaller 'fragile' stamp. Honestly, and I could be wrong here, but the way my piece was packaged, I don't believe that my/vape voices pieces breaking were the result of damage in transit. Like I said, I could be wrong, but man, Sam packaged this thing to withstand it all! The bubbler body itself, was in a very tight/thick wrapping of bubble wrap, and all individual pieces were wrapped individually, very nicely. There were foam 'wads' between the top/bottom/sides of everything in the box, and packing peanuts to fill the voids. My box, as well, looked to be completely unscathed.

As I said, I could be wrong, it could have been stressed in shipping. But, from what I can tell, this was just a weak spot, and waiting to break from the get-go. I do not know though.

Purpl3_Haz3,

VapeVoice

I'm not ruling out USPS irresponsibility. MY box had some damage on the bottom.
20121107180931.jpg

20121107180926.jpg

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
I'm not ruling out USPS irresponsibility. MY box had some damage on the bottom.
20121107180931.jpg

20121107180926.jpg

Thanks for the pics! That does look like it took a rough trip! I know that mine made if from CA to Maine (here) decently...the box, looks better than yours does! My box didn't have the usual rounded off corners, or discoloration/markings/cuts, like in the pictures above...Doesn't mean that my piece didn't take a rough trip though...

I really love how the Cloud looks sitting on top of, and next to this piece! A match made on FC :love:

Purpl3_Haz3,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Sorry to make a back to back post, but it's too late to edit my last one.

I received a reply from Sam, and as with VapeVoice, he'll be sending out a replacement. He said ASAP, but I said not to rush it, and that I'd rig together the broken one I have for now. I'd rather see folks who have placed orders already, get their pieces before I get a second one. He even said he would provide detailed instructions on how to repair the piece, almost as good as new! Definitely a very good person to deal with, from the beginning to now, he has been more than cooperative!

Purpl3_Haz3,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I'm beginning to wonder if these bubblers are truly borosilicate or just soda-lime. Even soda-lime shouldn't break this easy right?

C'mon Tweak, that's not really fair and a rather serious accusation against, Sam.

BigDaddyVapor,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
C'mon Tweak, that's not really fair and a rather serious accusation against, Sam.

C'mon BDV, wondering does not equal accusing.....:ugh:.

What's unfair is users waiting a month to receive their bubbler to find it breaks on the first go. Or being told your order will be shipped "tomorrow" then have it shipped two weeks later.

I have been more than supportive of Sam, I've been looking froward to this piece since the day placetime mentioned it to me. I'm not the one that threatened that he would lose a sale because a user here said his bubbler was more vapor centric, ;).

Tweak,

VapeVoice

Sorry to make a back to back post, but it's too late to edit my last one.

I received a reply from Sam, and as with VapeVoice, he'll be sending out a replacement. He said ASAP, but I said not to rush it, and that I'd rig together the broken one I have for now. I'd rather see folks who have placed orders already, get their pieces before I get a second one. He even said he would provide detailed instructions on how to repair the piece, almost as good as new! Definitely a very good person to deal with, from the beginning to now, he has been more than cooperative!
You are kinder than me :) Sorry to anyone waiting but, I hope mine comes sooner than later. I waited and it arrived broken so I'd like a replacement as fast as possible.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
My comment wasn't a dig at you, tweak.

For others that might be interested, I've attempted my first video review. Can't really stand the sound of my voice that long. Lol!

I know some of my info is sketchy, but it was more in the interest, of just keep moving. I was NOT loading another damn tube!

Hope you like. FILMED IN HD.

MrNorml

Thought I was getting a label-free unit but mine has the Fuck Combustion. I can live with it.

I am SO GLAD I got this bubbler. It is top-notch perfect in all regards. I didn't realize when I ordered it how the downstem fit into the downstem showerhead, and was worried about the mouthpiece falling out and breaking potentially. This is a great system. Heavy. Solid. Done right. I have now ordered a 2nd Q (my other one is about 1100 miles away) because both my Solo and Pax take too much lung pressure to get a hit, and the Q won't have that problem. I can always use the fan assist. Thought I would be in the Southwest by now, but events make that not possible currently. But I digress...
This is a smooth-hitting tasty device. I appreciate Gllassblowersdirect for their work and am glad they will see something for themselves from this arrangement - no loss on either side - and this is a piece of glass I am proud to have. If some missed the boat ... well, sorry you did; worth every penny to me and seemingly to most owners who have posted here.

MrNorml,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
The MFLB with WPA hits like a champ off this. I'll try to get a video up soon... just been suffering thru the beginning of this stupid flu.

BigDaddyVapor,

max

Out to lunch
MrNorml said:
Thought I was getting a label-free unit but mine has the Fuck Combustion. I can live with it.
Was your price $120 or $140 (assuming you got the sale price)? The FC logo ups the cost to $140.

worth every penny to me and seemingly to most owners who have posted here.
I agree, and a pretty good deal at the regular $199 price too.

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I have seen breaks/separations like that before. Generally, it comes from a weak weld on the joint. Sometimes it can also happen when it was not annealed properly. With the weight of the mouthpiece putting force downwards on that weld it just "split at the seam" so to speak. When I worked at the head shop and people would bring in a break like that we would usually replace it for free. When it is a clean break at/near the weld, that is usually not the fault of the end user or shipping company.

I would not leave the mouth piece sitting in the joint when not in use. I would only put it together when you plan on using it. I would also be careful about changes in water temperature. If you are cleaning it with hot water make sure you cool it down slowly. If the bubbler is hot and the mouth piece is cold, don't put the mouth piece in the blubber. Quick changes in temperature will stress any cracks and make it break quicker.

Hopefully it will not be a big issue. I bet it is just a small batch thing.

MrNorml

Was your price $120 or $140 (assuming you got the sale price)? The FC logo ups the cost to $140.

I agree, and a pretty good deal at the regular $199 price too.

$139.95 but to be honest, I found the order form confusing, and sort of thought my correspondence in regard to not having the word 'fuck' on it might say "lleave it plain". Not because I'm a prude, but because I like a clean look and sort of don't want to advertise by force (mainly clean look). So yeah, I guess I ordered and paid for what I didn't want as choice. It's ok. Just got confused on the order form and had a hell of a time getting to the paypal account, and I guess Glassblowersdirect and I both sort of dropped the ball there concerning "fuck" on it (got reamed in another thread about that and the original CODE was like "fuckit" or some such and Glassblowerdirect was suggesting that was over the top and they did change the supersaver magic words); ultimately I'm the one who said "yes that's what I want". Oh well. I tried, and am really happy with it. I wasn't paying attention - had bigger fish to fry I guess - so I bear responsibility without regret.
As for the $199 non-deal cost, I have been to a really great (IMHO) glass seller in Tucson, and spent about that much on a Flawless bubbler there, but I don't have access to that bubbler (or Q, or sunshine) and I have looked at a lot of glassware out there on the internet. There is Rock Star stuff at like $5k, or glycerine tubes, and it seems that maybe 250-500 is where good glass is at. And this is good glass to my view. So yeah, I would agree that under 200 is a deal. I'd do 199 without regret, although I do not regret taking advantage of a lower price.
I thought $140 was fair, so 120=StealoftheDay cost.

I just store the mouthpiece vertically inserted into the top joint of the bub (with 18/14 reducer). This way there is no stress on the side joint, and it takes up less room on the shelf.
34gsk6u.jpg

:peace:
Well,, I'd be worried about the stem getting knocked and something breaking or cracking. I disassemble the thing as soon as I'm done (do leave downstem in there) because I know my luck and history with glass - mainly Solo glass breakage and a Q chimney or whatever it's called - that I try to not take any unneeded risks, and yours to me looks 'risky'. To each his own, though and you are probably less clumsy than I am.
Great logo of yourself there! That is advertising I would't mind. Very nice!

MrNorml,
Top Bottom