Glassblowersdirect.com - Affordable quality glass

llamaman001

I just ordered my HT, has anyone ever had a problem where the water comes out the bottom joint? Maybe its just me but Im very concerned about this.

llamaman001,

llamaman001

but besides that I should be able to draw as fast or slow as I like and not have to worry about any drips?

llamaman001,

SD_haze

but besides that I should be able to draw as fast or slow as I like and not have to worry about any drips?
On my hydratube, I can certainly hit as hard as i possibly can at a high level with zero drips.

However, every time you get a hydrotube like piece, you want to do thorough testing before attaching to a vaporizer.
-- Fill it up high and hit it hard. For a while.
-- Check the joint for any moisture with a paper towel or something similar.

Remember that using the HT straight up (no tilting) offers maximum protection against drips. Not to mention the most even diffusion on the percolator!

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
When you hit a tube like this you are naturally pulling the water away from the intake stem. In this case you should be able to hit it super hard or super slow and not have a drop make its way down the intake stem because it would not only be fighting gravity, but it would also be fighting the flow of air.

llamaman001

Im just thinking about when you stop pulling. Naturally the water is going to sort of "fall" back into place and Im wondering that would be enough for it to splash a little in the upstem on the inside of the perc. Thanks for the responses though I appreciate it

llamaman001,

turdhole

vagabond
i just got my GBD recycler in the mail. it has a chipped joint :(

the chipped joint is extra irritating because i specifically asked for a female joint and they put a male direct inject on....and it's chipped!?! i emailed them, wonder what solution they'll offer, i have a feeling this is going to be one of those live and learn (which companies not to do business with) type deals

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
the chipped joint is extra irritating because i specifically asked for a female joint and they put a male direct inject on....and it's chipped!?!

That's a bummer. I keep seeing some nice looking pieces come from GBD and am so tempted to order another.

But then I look on my shelf and see my broken bubbler, :(.

Hope they resolve your issue and not just a discount on your next purchase.

Tweak,

turdhole

vagabond
That's a bummer. I keep seeing some nice looking pieces come from GBD and am so tempted to order another.

But then I look on my shelf and see my broken bubbler, :(.

Hope they resolve your issue and not just a discount on your next purchase.

I just asked for a refund. The quality looks a bit low all around. Also it isn't much bigger than the 6" micro recycler on their site and I paid extra for a large recycler, which is noted on the receipt.

Sam will back his shit up 100%. Just wait for a reply. I've bought many pieces from them.

i asked for a refund, havent heard back yet. i asked for a female joint and i get a chipped male joint.
that just doesnt sit right with me.

Last edited by a moderator:
turdhole,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
He didn't back me up. I was one of the first to order the FC GBD bubbler.

dsc4530.jpg

I had it for less than 60 days when this cracked formed while I was @ work. It runs right along the weld that they tacked the showerhead with and the crack is on the exact angle of the lean of the showerhead. I babied it.

He offered to sell me another one though, :ugh:.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Yeah but, that's understandable as it didn't show up that way. It's a little different story when it comes out of the box screwed up.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

sxmokeUP

former combustionist
I want to purchase a GBD piece in the near future.

Looking at that photo, I'm trying to understand how someone would actually make a crack in that spot, and I cannot think of any because the the base should have damage. OR if he rested the whole piece directly on a nail, I'd expect damage underneath, but that is a clean crack.

Maybe if he slammed his bowl down so hard as to create a shock-wave down the stem and into the bottom. Looks like a bad / weak connection.

GBD should have at least offered to repair it, instead of what happened.

maybe it wasnt annealed properly.

sxmokeUP,
Reactions: z9

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
I'm not saying that the crack was done by him at all. I'm saying from a business prospective that it happened 2 months after sale. You can't warranty glass. Nor could Sam know if he was indeed telling the truth. If business owners took every bodies word on complaints then they'd give away a lot more shit than they'd sell.

turdhole

vagabond
he said he'd replace it but wont refund me. i paid with paypal so i can still file a dispute.

now i've got to decide what i want to do. i'm pretty tempted to say screw it and just file the dispute and get my money back.

z9

he said he'd replace it but wont refund me. i paid with paypal so i can still file a dispute.

now i've got to decide what i want to do. i'm pretty tempted to say screw it and just file the dispute and get my money back.

I don't blame him for not giving you a refund, if he did he'd basically be giving you a free, fully functioning piece. Albeit not what you wanted but free and functioning nonetheless.

I think a replacement is fair in this case, only if he pays shipping both ways though.

turdhole

vagabond
i'd return the chipped piece for a full refund. i'm not trying to get a piece for free.

but since he sent this chipped piece i've got to see the quality of his work and i'm not really too thrilled about getting a replacement or anything from him at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:

sxmokeUP

former combustionist
BOTH options should have been offered.

By replacing, it is a good sign, if he eats return shipping and pays to ship to you again.

A refund should also have been offered, since a) wanted female instead of male, b) small recycler instead of larger discussed size, c) a chip in the female joint.

If anything, GBD could claim an insurance issue and still be whole.

Last edited:
sxmokeUP,

turdhole

vagabond
the whole operation just feels shady.

agree to do a female, contact me say it's done but with male, send me a chipped male, refuse refund.

i agreed to send it back immediately. asked about extra money paid for larger recycler not just a larger joint size (which shouldn't effect price at all). asked about replacement being the female joint i originally ordered. now i wait for the reply.

llamaman001

yea I would file for a refund through paypal and just send him the piece back. Because you requested a female joint and ended up with a cracked male joint is ridiculous. That basically makes the piece unusable unless you want to go out and spend more money on adapters. Just make sure you do it before the 30 days is up or you wont be getting any money back! The sooner the better.

llamaman001,

turdhole

vagabond
paypal doesnt look kindly on selling smoking paraphernalia, so for the sake of his paypal account status, i'd like to let him try and make it right first before filing the dispute.

im not trying to be a dick. i'd prefer to have the glass i ordered in the first place.

Last edited:
Top Bottom