Glassblowersdirect.com - Affordable quality glass

llamaman001

when you deal with paypal and have any disputes with glass dont list the reason as a chipped joint on your oil recycler. Just put in the description that your "glass sculpture" was sent damaged and wasent even the correct sculpture you ordered. Ive always delt with glass on paypal as sculptures and have sold about bought 100's of pieces through it and never had a single problem or paypal notice

turdhole

vagabond
i'm waiting to hear back about if the replacement will be the one i originally ordered. if not i'll just file the dispute. a dick move gets a dick move, so if i have to go through paypal to fix this i'm definitely stating what i bought. it takes a damn month to settle a paypal dispute

turdhole,
Reactions: ogcook

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Yeah but, that's understandable as it didn't show up that way. It's a little different story when it comes out of the box screwed up.

But one of the reported broken ones showed up exactly as mine did, a crack down the bottom where the weld is.

I promise I didn't do it. I'm not the type to return something I broke. If I buy something wrong by mistake I usually just end up keeping it, I feel it was my mistake anyway.

GBD should have at least offered to repair it, instead of what happened.

maybe it wasnt annealed properly.

From what I gather, a simple trip to the kiln might have fixed it. It says right on their website that they specialize in repairs yet couldn't even offer me one. All I was offered was a $40 discount. So I had to decide on buying another piece that might break in two months or go with another blower. Fool me once.......

I mentioned that it might not have been annealed properly, which would be the reason for the other bubblers that arrived fine but broke when taken out of the box. He told me that was "quite an indictment".

a dick move gets a dick move

So sorry to hear of your unfortunate situation. Hope things get resolved. I feel he should offer you a refund. I found in the Return/refund policy he states "we will replace the item(s) or issue a refund if the item(s) are no longer available."

They blow glass. How can an item be no longer available? Just run out of glass.

turdhole

vagabond
they sent me the return shipping label but didnt answer my questions about whether i'd get the large recycler with the female joint that i originally ordered.

turdhole,

olivianewtonjohn

they sent me the return shipping label but didnt answer my questions about whether i'd get the large recycler with the female joint that i originally ordered.
That is frustrating; sometimes it almost feels like in order to be a glass blower you have to have poor communication and customer service (at least from what I have seen)

Detonator

it says on the website they fix glass, I'm amazed they didn't just say ok we'll pay shipping send it back we'll fix it........ hmmm?

do they fix anything ?

Have others been happy with there stuff, I've just recently been looking at this site and pinning over that FC Bubbler, and again if they fix glass why aren't they fix............

kinda pises me off cause I like a lot of the stuff on his site..... but this story sucks, other are watching too...

carry on..

olivianewtonjohn

it says on the website they fix glass, I'm amazed they didn't just say ok we'll pay shipping send it back we'll fix it........ hmmm?

do they fix anything ?

Have others been happy with there stuff, I've just recently been looking at this site and pinning over that FC Bubbler, and again if they fix glass why aren't they fix............

kinda pises me off cause I like a lot of the stuff on his site..... but this story sucks, other are watching too...

carry on..
There are other glass blowers that offer similar glass, apex, collie, jhan, ect

olivianewtonjohn,

turdhole

vagabond
i think it's the way the website is set up, makes it seem like they're building the stuff in house when they arent. might want to re-think those fritted discs pieces or really get a good answer from the guy about where they are coming from....

turdhole,

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
i think it's the way the website is set up, makes it seem like they're building the stuff in house when they arent. might want to re-think those fritted discs pieces or really get a good answer from the guy about where they are coming from....

What leads you to believe that they aren't making these pieces in house? When I've had what I wanted made it came to me as I ordered it. Do you have anything to back up your accusation?

Deadshort480,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

turdhole

vagabond
What leads you to believe that they aren't making these pieces in house? When I've had what I wanted made it came to me as I ordered it. Do you have anything to back up your accusation?

thought i typed that in a different place. but anyway yea. he's told via email that "...I pick these bubs up and they come only with male direct inject joints"

i've asked him what he means by "pick these bubs up" and i also asked where they are made, just waiting on a reply

Deadshort480

Is there more to that message? I don't think Sam buys these and then turns around to sell them.

Deadshort480,
Reactions: z9

turdhole

vagabond
Probably because he makes them himself

maybe some of it but he told me he picks the bubs up with the male direct injection joints already on them. shady business practices. im hoping to just get a refund and be done with this guy.

turdhole,

Deadshort480

So, if Sam did purchase these wholesale or something, and he decided to sell them to his customers at a good price, and he told you about this, that's called shady business practices?

Deadshort480,
Reactions: z9

turdhole

vagabond
he doesnt say on the site where these come from and talking in email with him he makes it sound like he's making these. to me this is the equivalent of selling a fake roor and not telling the person buying it's a knock off. and over $100 for a thin chinese piece of glass, is a good deal? lol

turdhole,

sxmokeUP

former combustionist
I'm trying to stay objective, but if someone (sam or whoever) says they blow their own glass for money and they do not, they are deliberately misrepresenting themselves = shady

Deadshort480

he doesnt say on the site where these come from and talking in email with him he makes it sound like he's making these. to me this is the equivalent of selling a fake roor and not telling the person buying it's a knock off. and over $100 for a thin chinese piece of glass, is a good deal? lol

You say one thing then another. First you say that he told you, straight out he, buys these recyclers with the 14mm male joint, then you say that he makes it sound like he blows them himself? Which is it?

Now you are accusing the man of selling knockoffs and selling cheap Chinese glass. You throw around these accusations without a single shred of evidence to back it up. I understand that you're pissed you didn't get exactly what you wanted, but I feel you are going too far with your accusations.

You said he sent a return label. He's trying to offer you an exchange to make it right and you keep slandering the guy. What's your end game?

Tweek

I think he is just upset. It happens. Not justifying baseless accusations, but I think we can all relate to getting caught in a rant after a bad experience.

Hopefully everyone can take a deep breath and come to an amicable solution.

Deadshort480

I think he is just upset. It happens. Not justifying baseless accusations, but I think we can all relate to getting caught in a rant after a bad experience.

Hopefully everyone can take a deep breath and come to an amicable solution.

I fully agree, but why rant when you're in the midst of trying to get the problem solved? If, at the end, you still feel raw about it then vent it out.

My question is, how much bigger did you want the recycler? If it says 6" on the site and you got something taller than 6" then that is bigger. If you wanted a 14" bohemoth then there is no way that is happening for a little more than a hundred bucks with accessories.

The chip is undoubtedly a problem that should never have been. It should have been looked over and never sent out. The female joint? I don't know. You said that he said he gets them that way. To me, it sounds like maybe he bought a bunch from someone and is selling them on his site. It definitely does not say that they were made in house anywhere on the site. If that's the case then I suppose they were all made as direct inject oil pieces and it may be difficult to remove the male joint and add the female? I don't know enough about glassblowing to answer that. I also don't know the exact details of your conversations with Sam about the piece.

I do know that jumping the gun and making accusations because you're pissed isn't the best way to handle things.

Turdhole, I really do hope your problem is corrected and that Sam does right by you. I just think you could have went about this differently.

Good luck. :tup:

EDIT: It looks like it all worked out. Excellent!

turdhole

vagabond
honestly i felt like he was trying to pull a quick one and it left a bad taste in my mouth. it could have been handled differently by both parties. oh well. fuck it, what's done is done. i'd bet i'm not the first nor last that'll be unhappy with this type of operation.

turdhole,
Top Bottom