Glassblowersdirect.com - Affordable quality glass

z9

You're funny, man. Even after it's resolved, you still bad mouth. Best of luck, Turdhole.

You said everything I've to say all day in your last few posts, so thanks.

I started talking to Sam Sunday about ordering a custom fritted camper, but after talking to him about his preferences and noticing that the superman can is only $150 without the logo or caped bowl I decided to pull the trigger on it. My package shipped Wednesday (2 day turn around) and he even included a male to male adapter for free which I asked to be added to my order earlier in the day. He couldn't have been more helpful or friendly. I should have my non-super superman can for the weekend. So pumped :rockon:

Richy

Frequently up in space with Bowie
You're funny, man. Even after it's resolved, you still bad mouth. Best of luck, Turdhole.

I'm not trying to start an argument but in my opinion just because he got a refund doesn't mean he hasn't got a right to be pissed off with with the way the whole situation went down. It still cost him time and effort to get it sorted so I think it's perfectly understandable that he was a little vexed.

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
How did the situation go down? The customer received something he wasn't happy with. Within a few days the seller issued a refund. Sounds like everyday shit to me and no reason to start tossing around accusations. I would like to think the FC membership is above that sort of behavior.

Any time you have to return something there is going to be time and effort involved. He didn't have to pay for shipping and he wasn't charged a restocking fee or anything like that, which a lot of places do for online returns. I just don't see what all the fuss is about.

Last edited:

sxmokeUP

former combustionist
@z9, Ive been looking at that superman sans logo & bowl.

Super cheap for a frit and its fairly large. Please post pics when you get it. How much was shipping if you don't mind.

sxmokeUP,

llamaman001

I think turds problem is this: He requested a larger sized recycler with a female joint and they made him pay more for those 2 options, He was sent a normal sized one with a male joint that chipped. When he contacted the blower, he told turd that he just gets them sent to his shop that way. I think turd was calling him shady because the blower allowed him to place his custom order and charged him extra knowing that the piece was already made male and not any bigger than other pieces. That is my take on it, whether all that is true or not is not my place.

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
I cant wait until Tuesday for this 7.5'' HT to arrive. I wanna see how it pairs with my PV gong and HA. Im hoping to get some tasty hits compared to my matrix n honeycomb. Anyone try it with the HA yet?

11eleven11

So I read a bunch of pages in this thread and searched, but couldn't find the answer.

Anybody on here order the recycler bubbler? If so how is it? Does it have the little funnel tornado action?

edit -- just saw someone in the recycler thread got one from GBD.

Last edited:
11eleven11,

Deadshort480

I got me a little something coming in from Sam. It won't be here for a couple weeks, but I've got time to kill. Just a bent neck tube with a wide base, but I'm looking forward to pairing it with the LSV, Pax, and Solo.

z9

So I've been much too busy to post pictures of my Superman can but not nearly busy enough to prevent myself from using it. Cleaning with just iso was a pain in the ass and not very effective due to its size. An abrasive (salt) would make the cleaning process so much easier but I have my hesitations about using it with the frit. Anyone tried this? Any other ideas?

LazyIdol

So I've been much to busy to post pictures of my Superman can but not nearly busy enough to prevent myself from using it. Cleaning with just iso was a pain in the ass and not very effective due to its size. An abrasive (salt) would make the cleaning process so much easier but I have my hesitations about using it with the frit. Anyone tried this? Any other ideas?
Have you checked out the PBW thread? I use it on my double lattice and I hear people have great success using it with fritted pieces as well

Last edited:

z9

z9,

llamaman001

I had my rooster for about 3 months and clean my glass every other day. All I ever used was salt+ISO and it worked perfect with no damage or clogging.

Deadshort480

I've just been using only ISO on my fritted pieces. It doesn't seem to take very long to clean and does the job very well. I shake the shit out of the piece I'm cleaning and make sure that the ISO flows through the fritted disc a bunch of times. Flush with hot water and done.

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
If you're dextrous, that's the way to go I suppose. I just can't bear to shake wet glass... The fear of shake & break is strong.

z9

Well I finally got a shot of the fritted can, here it is in action.

Edit: After spending some time with this piece I can say that overall I really enjoy it. The piece feels solid, the welds are clean and straight, the mouthpiece is comfortable and sturdy. It stands about 14" tall, but the volume isn't much greater than the fritted sidecar. The perc fires evenly and has no drag. I consistently kill bowls in one or two hits without meaning to.

Last edited:

Deadshort480

Nice! What is the total height of that piece?

That little tune is the Carnival like version on Jimmy right before it starts on Aenima, right?

Deadshort480,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

z9

Nice! What is the total height of that piece?

That little tune is the Carnival like version on Jimmy right before it starts on Aenima, right?

:ninja: About 14 inches, I haven't measured it just compared it to other pieces that I know the height. And you're right about the song, its called intermission

z9,

11eleven11

Question for you guys.

Can you do this:

b35XvjM.png

With this:

ua1pPia.png

So where the mouthpiece is on the fritted, can you put the vaporizer on it and have a hydratube on the top, like the above? Or would the fritted perc not work inversely like that?

PS, awesome vids guys.

11eleven11,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH
Top Bottom