Gentleman's Brand Vapes

2clicker

Observer
as someone who ones both and follows the threads i can tell you that they don't work properly and often clog the system as they are too long and hit the bridge. Delta9's pieces are wider inside and shorter to work properly

the bridge can be pushed down on Omi carts to fit the longer mouth pieces. as for the clogging. i cannot speak on that yet, but i believe you that they do clog.

what am i using wrong?

1. the short cone... you complained about how its not covering the 510 threads. when in fact it isnt even supposed to. so there is a non valid complaint. the short cone does indeed do what its supposed to do. so you were using the short cone wrong and complained about its its wrong.

2. the adapters. please see below.

this is exactly my point. rewatch the vid. if piece #2 screws into piece #1 (the one attached to the DA) and piece number 1 is correct, then by the same logic whatever is screwed into it (piece #1) should have the same thread, make sense? if my omi cart is supposed to go into piece #1 then piece #2, which is able to thread into piece #1 perfectly should therefore thread into an omi port. that's all i was trying to say.

Bob, you got the wrong adapters. its that simple. #1 screws into the DA (510 threads) and has female threads on the other side, not sure what they are, which obviously isnt M601 threads. so that means that piece #2 has whatever matching male threads to match piece #1's female threads (again not m601). regardless of your logic this is not going to fit your Omi pen. how can you say piece #1 is the adapter that is supposed to adapt to your Omi? your guessing? so you complained about how the adapters dont fit when the ones you got arent even supposed to. the real problem here is that Gentlemans screwed up your order with the wrong adapters. but posting a video about how the WRONG adapters dont fit is NOT constructive. your complaint should be that they did not include the correct adapters, not that the incorrect adapters dont fit. you assumed the adapter you got were correct and they arent. Gmans does indeed have an adapter that work perfectly, but you unfortunately did not get it. its that simple. no logic needed.

i do hear that part, but to follow and start it by saying i'm being ridiculous and that doesn't sound like empathy to me. it's like everything someone says before "but". and to say that i am being ridiculous for my complaints is a personal attack. i am attacking the package i received, you are attacking me. see the difference? you can state your own opinion as to the quality of the DA, without minimizing my own. for an example. if i wanted to do the same thing you are i could say that your ignorance as to the commonality of these pens, your inability to understand the thread logic previously, your defense of mouthpieces had no validity as you hadn't tried them for your stated intent; i could use these things to call out weakness in YOUR character. i am not. only to point out the lack of validity to your points. i hope you can see the difference and maybe understand why i feel personally attacked. you have at every turn demanded i fully explain to you my concerns, have stated in numerous ways why my irritation was invalid, til you finally listen and then move on to critique another issue. over and over again. throughout this you tell me i'm wrong or unreasonable first, then you listen. see the pattern. see how all this adds up to personal?
i'm sorry my inability to express my frustration without some kind of tone is so upsetting to you, but i'm guessing most people have the ability to take all info with a grain of salt and don't need you interpreting for them. both sides have been clearly expressed. my vid was for clarity not degradation.

please show me where i once EVER said you were being rediculous. you wont find it because it NEVER happened. are you making this stuff up? so where is the personal attack again? you can talk about my character all you want

my defense to the mouthpieces have validity no doubt. whether they clog or not is another story, but i never stated they did or didnt.

so upsetting to me...? i see what you did there... im not upset in the least. have never said i was either. so your telling me i am? thanks!

i stand by all of my posts in this thread. i have NEVER attacked you once. you have materialized that notion. ive watched your video and its of you trying to adapt things together that arent even supposed to adapt in the first place, and trying to protect threads with a cone that isnt supposed to protect those threads. this tells others that "gmans adapters dont work (which they do), and that the short cone is pointless (of which its not). that just doesnt seem fair to me.

i am not trying to argue here... im discussing your issue about this product. if someone is posting incorrect info then im going to call it out.

2clicker,

2clicker

Observer
Ya know, 2clicker, I gotta side with New School here. You might not think there's any attacking going on but from my perspective I think there is. It seems to me to be coming from your keyboard....if you're not doing it perhaps the keyboard is broken and needs replacement?

Cut the fellow some slack?

OF

OF, can you give me examples of me attacking? i will respond to each of his replies because it is a conversation. not because i just want to argue.

there have been a few shots thrown my way btw.

2clicker,

2clicker

Observer
Honestly 2clicker you need to stop arguing, if your going to continue the same arguments then respectful shut up (everyone can go back a page to read your honest pov), you shared your opinion, bob shared his, but I do NOT agree with going out of your way to disagree with EVERY post Bob makes. Im sure you can find better usage of your time.

I would thank bob for being such a critic, I expect high quality from products and I appreciate the video for me to visually see what the concerns are and the quality of workmanship put into these kits. I understand you get what you pay for but if I was running the show I would make clear directions to the compatibility of the threads and whats included.

again im not arguing. im discussing. and its ok. if users dont like it then guess what...? dont read it.

i have not "gone out of my way to disagree with every post Bob makes". im just replying to his posts. you can call it whatever you want, but lets not make it out to be something its not.

im in this for the better of our community. and if someone is posting non truths about a product then i am going to post otherwise.

im sorry to all who think im being some sort of bully. where that comes from i dont know.

2clicker,

NewSchoolExplorer

I do not know if your self-centered but when multiple individuals come up with the same conclusion and you continuously disagree, you need to take a step back and evaluate yourself. I will leave it at that.

If nothing, lets agree to disagree :wave:

NewSchoolExplorer,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

2clicker

Observer
I do not know if your self-centered but when multiple individuals come up with the same conclusion and you continuously disagree, you need to take a step back and evaluate yourself. I will leave it at that.

yeah because the majority is always right right? :huh:

i respectfully disagree with you and will be continuing to post about the product this thread is about.

lets stay on topic.

2clicker,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
i also ask that you take a step back, for you're sake. a hint, how come you haven't addressed any of Stu's complaints?

My saga continues....

My Omicron carts arrived today. I just spent the last 20 minutes trying to get the thread adapter(s) to work with no luck. Like Bob Loblaw's video, they just wont connect properly at all. So there goes my hopes for a silver lining with this thing.

I'd put it up in the classifieds thread, but I just wouldn't feel right about sending this product to even my worst enemy.

CAVEAT EMPTOR!!

:bang: Time to vaporize for real to get rid of this headache that I've given myself.

:peace:

you don't seem to get the point of any of my communications so i will stop. :bang: :horse:

appreciate the support everyone. this tokes for you :spliff:

Bob Loblaw,

2clicker

Observer
i also ask that you take a step back, for you're sake. a hint, how come you haven't addressed any of Stu's complaints?

for my sake...? haha whatever. ive not attacked anyone. im not self centered. i will address Stus newer posts, but if you look further back you will see that i already have addressed some of his posts. please do not assuming that im singling you out. im not.

you don't seem to get the point of any of my communications so i will stop. :bang: :horse:

your points dont come across very clearly apparently. you asked me to show you what you were using wrong. i did. your adapter logic does not add up.

2clicker,

NewSchoolExplorer

yeah because the majority is always right right? :huh:
Thanks and I hope you are educated enough to understand that I never said you were wrong but majority of the times when a wide demographic of individuals with similar beliefs and no relationship or person gain from agreement have similar points of view than something MIGHT be erroneous for the one input that deviates for the normal trend.

Can anyone confirm? I'm hesitant to trash one of my remaining carts in the name of aesthetics.
Would not mind receiving a cart from a fellow member?:brow:

Have you guys n gals tried 3ohm and 4 ohm carts with 6v devices, how would you compare the two? I know the 3ohm will run hotter but I was looking for more detail as to the quality of hits.

NewSchoolExplorer,

2clicker

Observer
Thanks and I hope you are educated enough to understand that I never said you were wrong but majority of the times when a wide demographic of individuals with similar beliefs and no relationship or person gain from agreement have similar points of view than something MIGHT be erroneous for the one input that deviates for the normal trend.

Would not mind receiving a cart from a fellow member?:brow:

Have you guys n gals tried 3ohm and 4 ohm carts with 6v devices, how would you compare the two? I know the 3ohm will run hotter but I was looking for more detail as to the quality of hits.

a wide demographic? not in this thread

IMO your better off with 4ohm carts for a 6V device. that is because your carts will last longer. if that is not an issue then go for the 3ohm and get bigger rips.

2clicker,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut

i haven't gotten that far, tho i do have the carts waiting to be filled, however. i already have 7 different carts in rotation right now and am afraid that if i fill any more, i'll start losing them :ko:
i did however use a 2.4 ohm that took forever to prime on my omi at 6v on my persei. quick taps and huge rips ensue. my favorite thing about the persei is no matter what the consistency of my oil or what cart i put it in, i can find a setting to make it rip.

Bob Loblaw,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
question to the electricians, OF, i'm lookin' at you.
is there any loss of power thru adapters in general?

Bob Loblaw,

NewSchoolExplorer

IMO your better off with 4ohm carts for a 6V device. that is because your carts will last longer. if that is not an issue then go for the 3ohm and get bigger rips.

How much of a quantifiable difference is their in the life of the carts? I might just go with the 4 as I have the rev for bigs hits :D. Thanks for the info.

i haven't gotten that far, tho i do have the carts waiting to be filled, however. i already have 7 different carts in rotation right now and am afraid that if i fill any more, i'll start losing them :ko:
i did however use a 2.4 ohm that took forever to prime on my omi at 6v on my persei. quick taps and huge rips ensue. my favorite thing about the persei is no matter what the consistency of my oil or what cart i put it in, i can find a setting to make it rip.

Dang Bob, I wish i was in that position of having too many carts and the variability. I have been keeping a on the go miniature travel kit, its a leather glasses case that fits my rev, T1, mouthpieces, 2 battieries + 2 more inside the main device. I have a little room to probably fit one or two carts. But I suggest doing this for the convinience and keep the rest in a single place in your room. I have a cabinet full of random MMJ products lol.

question to the electricians, OF, i'm lookin' at you.
is there any loss of power thru adapters in general?

I too would love to know. I hope not

NewSchoolExplorer,

2clicker

Observer
How much of a quantifiable difference is their in the life of the carts? I might just go with the 4 as I have the rev for bigs hits :D. Thanks for the info.

anytime!

dif between 3 and 4ohms... probably not too much. i dont know for sure how to measure that though. i dont have a 6v pen to test. ive only got DA and 7.4V detonator. FWIW ill be using only 5ohm carts on the detonator.

maybe OF can help us out on this one...?

2clicker,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Dang Bob, I wish i was in that position of having too many carts and the variability. I have been keeping a on the go miniature travel kit, its a leather glasses case that fits my rev, T1, mouthpieces, 2 battieries + 2 more inside the main device. I have a little room to probably fit one or two carts. But I suggest doing this for the convinience and keep the rest in a single place in your room. I have a cabinet full of random MMJ products lol.
trust me, i know i am blessed. am thinkin' about pickin' up a rev for my persei for that extra kick. haven't found anyone who can compare it with the dual top 5 ohm 7.4v on the persei.
yea, my travel kits are highly organized and i try to keep shit straight at home (my coffee table is my desk/workshop/all around mmj station) but there is only so much you can do once the medicine kicks in. i'm pretty absent-minded sober, lol :ko:.

Bob Loblaw,

NewSchoolExplorer

It funny, if actually am pretty dam productive and medicate during the night so I can take a break. My hobbies such as these on the forums and other things become more interesting when I have a slight high but if I am too high I become lazy and want to watch movies, music. But in some sense I do enjoy getting up there lol but I dislike my lack of productivity haha its hypocritcal I know...

NewSchoolExplorer,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
It funny, if actually am pretty dam productive and medicate during the night so I can take a break. My hobbies such as these on the forums and other things become more interesting when I have a slight high but if I am too high I become lazy and want to watch movies, music. But in some sense I do enjoy getting up there lol but I dislike my lack of productivity haha its hypocritcal I know...
i hear ya, finding that perfect balance can be difficult :nod:

Bob Loblaw,

2clicker

Observer
just an update. got my thread adapters from cigz. work perfectly. no play. still no email from GV.

i find it easier to go to their site and use the chat function to contact them. emails are hit or miss for whatever reason.

2clicker,
Still waiting on my replacement DA, it's been quite awhile.. Wish I could just get a refund. A whole Revolution upper cost less than this rebranded, everyday Ego-T for chrissakes.

Edit: actually going to inquire about a refund.

Edit edit: fastest refund in history. Thanks Gentleman's. They're letting me keep the tips and adapters which is very kind of them.

charliedontsurf,

OF

No with a properly made adapter, the resistance is so minimal that you incur no significant loss.

Sorry, Bob, I missed it but the Brother nailed it. You'll know if there's power being lost 'cuz something gets hot that doesn't need to. Like the battery on MFLB does due to power lost inside it because of the internal resistance that we can't reduce.

OF

2clicker

Observer
ive been using my Gman DA with Omi carts for the last week and aside from one of the carts not co operating with my oil its been great. in fact i was showing some friends last night and the battery ran out right then and there. luckily i had my USB cable readily available. i just plugged it in and we all began vaping again.

the Omi carts are cool, but im really wanting to try the TV Rev stuff now. will likely be getting a standard Rev soon to use with the Detonator. if it works as well as im thinking then i will probably get a unibody LV Rev later on for the DA.

2clicker,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
watching the video and scanning thru multiple posts, also in the video these thread adapters (why is there two wtf?) the unlockers looks so damn janky. i have a 510 to omi adapter, screwed right in once piece.....then put the cart on...done. One shouldn't have THIS much trouble to just even "try to get it to work"

would be doing some serious raging and table flipping if i was finicking with all these threads n shit, personally i dont see the use of "theads" adapters are going to be made so whats the point of having different kinds? i feel like there is a point...but can be solved if we just had a modular design, as if the cart just pushed in and turned to the left or right, done. still have a solid conection and also have room for an airpath.

I want to be separated from the "e-cig" part of it, but at the same time i love it, because parts and pieces are so readily avail and cheap :)

Top Bottom