Gentleman's Brand Vapes

2clicker

Observer
holy shit that sounds fantastic Stu!

im planning on running an LV Rev on mine soon i think.

2clicker,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
I've been using my Double Agent for the past week or two. I've got to say - I really love it.

It looks great, and feels great. Battery rocks.

I used an Omi cart with the adapter - and Revolution too. The adapter I have is a little wonky, you have to screw it in all the way or it will be loose. But I am OK with it, or will just buy another adapter somewhere. I assume I got one of the first ones (order #5 or something), so it wasn't perfected yet.

After a few days of decent use - I haven't had any problems!!!

I like this company and their products - they answered my emails and have been nice to me! One of the better companies on here.

It's a shame some nasty people here on FC tried to give them a bad name...they are a class act in my book!

sessnet,

OF

It's a shame some nasty people here on FC tried to give them a bad name...they are a class act in my book!

I'm very glad to hear you're having success where others haven't and are happy. In subjective areas like this, that happens and different folks' opinions based on their experiences help the rest of us 'get a feel' for the product without actually buying or trying it. Conflicting opinions are part of that process.

However, just because one's opinion of something conflicts does not call for personal characterizations like the above. I for one welcome all sincere opinions and observations on issues that interest me, but personal shots like this cause me to discount the opinion they're attached to.

FWIW, I think it's also entirely possible that we have good people trying to promote a bad product, that happens a lot it seems? Good people make a bad product better, no doubt, but there's a level of product problems that the best replacement efforts won't fix. And in the end, we buy products, not services.

OF

sessnet

Noob Saibot
However, just because one's opinion of something conflicts does not call for personal characterizations like the above.

I spoke directly with Gentleman's and they told me that some people on/from FC launched some type of attack on their company, and tried to shut them down (or something to that effect). I am sure if GM never showed up on here, they would not have got this unneeded attention and hostility. In exchange for the shitty attitude and offline attacks of some people, GM has decided to stay away from FC.

I hope you don't think that is impossible to have nasty users on this forum. It's very possible! And manufacturers fleeing FC because of those nasty users, has happened many times before.

EDIT: To avoid any confusion people may have, I was talking about the Double Agent battery and performance/compatibility. I was not talking about the Widow Maker cartridges, and understand people didn't like certain accessories. However, the Double Agent is just a battery - and does not encompass every single one of their products.

sessnet,

OF

I hope you don't think that is impossible to have nasty users on this forum. It's very possible! And manufacturers fleeing FC because of those nasty users, has happened many times before.

EDIT: To avoid any confusion people may have, I was talking about the Double Agent battery and performance/compatibility. I was not talking about the Widow Maker cartridges, and understand people didn't like certain accessories. However, the Double Agent is just a battery - and does not encompass every single one of their products.

Of course I don't think that, any more than I think you're for censorship (although I'm not sure where you're planning on drawing the line....). Well maybe that's a different case? Sure there's bad behavior, we shouldn't be slinging that label around blindly at folks who disagree is my point. And as for a maker not willing to take the heat I think that cuts both ways, MF, TV, PD (at least for a while), THC and the rest that do make the effort to prove their products are solid and will be supported tend to become heroes around here, no doubt benefit hugely from those efforts. Folks like Iolite that get beat up and back away (twice no less...) pay a penalty I think for that. Their call. We're left to other means to form opinions.

Makers that don't come here to stand up for their gear become dependent on shills with a few posts that always seem to also have Volcanoes and can't say enough nice stuff about the new guy and 'old hands' like you who's judgment we value because of that. I hope you see how taking personal shots at those who disagree (no mater how justified that might seem otherwise) lessens the importance of your opinion in my mind? That was my point.

It also seems like there might be some 'excess baggage' here, perhaps a new thread on this device is in order? As I understand it, that's the intended structure of the Forum (Device, not Maker threads). You could be the first to start with a fresh sheet as it were.....

OF

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Of course I don't think that, any more than I think you're for censorship

I think we're both on the same page.

I just popped up to say "This works...good", the battery, that is.

My intention wasn't to say "Whoever thinks this sucks - sucks", like many Atmos/Trippy etc users. I know exactly what you are talking about.

And, just because many don't like some of these products, for whatever reason, doesn't bother me at all. GM doesn't pay me to walk around with a megaphone. I also realize their products are not much different than many other out there.

However, the fact that there are people who created problems with the manufacturer is troubling to me, because now we have one less manufacturer to help us out on this specific forum.

I am pretty sure that some other people stood up to others (who create problems/troll) on this forum, and this creates even more problems and tension, and probably eventually the manufacturers decision to leave or become resentful.

I probably couldn't care less if someone wants to be a troll/troublemaker, is overly negative, or attacks manufacturers, since there are rules and moderators in place. However, knowing that we lost a manufacturer on this forum, because of one of those trolls, is not a "win" for anyone. :2c:

sessnet,

OF

"It's all good".

I see several problems here, really. Mixed models, excess baggage from prior problems over unrelated issues, social nature of man and probably a few others.

Perhaps the best way forward is a new thread on the new product and see how much of the rest we can leave behind in this thread? In the end, none of that really seems to impact the device being good or bad for our uses, which is why most of us came to the party?

OF

zmurder

However, the fact that there are people who created problems with the manufacturer is troubling to me, because now we have one less manufacturer to help us out on this specific forum.

Nobody made GM leave -- they made that decision on their own. Other vape manufacturers have faced tough questions on here and stuck around. Heck, it's even made their products better (see Rick of Aromazap). I was following this thread for a while b/c some of the GM rebranded batts looked alright. But a lot of people seemed to have a lot of trouble with the adapters and other accessories GM was pushing on here. As soon as people had problems, GM disappeared.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member

I am pretty sure that some other people stood up to others (who create problems/troll) on this forum, and this creates even more problems and tension, and probably eventually the manufacturers decision to leave or become resentful.

I probably couldn't care less if someone wants to be a troll/troublemaker, is overly negative, or attacks manufacturers, since there are rules and moderators in place. However, knowing that we lost a manufacturer on this forum, because of one of those trolls, is not a "win" for anyone. :2c:

While I have been very critical of this company with regards to specific products - namely their adapters and their medicated carts - I dont think Ive been unfair in my criticism.

The battery works fine, with the exception of the fact that it constantly resets itself to the lowest voltage mode with no notice. Ive been vocal about the lack of medication in their carts, and like others have had problems with their adapters. I could not get mine to work at all.

I think the light of day shone brightly on these products is the best disenfectant, and I will continue to call it as I see it...... hopefully without offending anyone.

:peace:

sessnet

Noob Saibot
I dont think Ive been unfair in my criticism.

What I said earlier, about nasty people, is not directed towards anyone here at all! Especially not you Stu! I'm just going off what GM told me - that "some people" (vague) on FC caused them problems by calling retailers and saying GM was a scam, causing them lost business and time.

I don't care to blame anyone for that. I actually don't care WHO specifically.

People can do what they want - I don't care. I was just pointing out the reason (that I found out on my own unfortunately) about why we probably won't be seeing them here anymore.

You know what...FUCK THIS. I don't want to waste my energy explaining :)

sessnet,
Reactions: zmurder

zmurder

What I said earlier, about nasty people, is not directed towards anyone here at all! Especially not you Stu! I'm just going off what GM told me - that "some people" (vague) on FC caused them problems by calling retailers and saying GM was a scam, causing them lost business and time.

Dang, if that's true (hard for any of us out of the loop to really say) then ignore my earlier comment. It seemed like they left FC when they were getting a lot of legitimate criticism. But if they left b/c of behind-the-scenes drama like this then that is another story. Thanks for adding the additional info

zmurder,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Thanks for adding the additional info

I'll probably get shit for this but just to clear the air here's the direct quote from the Email from GM regarding this:

sorry for our lack of appearance on that thread but honestly its been really tragic for us. we had people from the forum (not you im sure of course, just random people moderately disgruntled), CALL our resellers and tell them we are some crazy scam and dont actually have any inventory or any products, i dont know, crazy stuff like that. ended up costing us a lot of business/ money.. all around. so we kind of just stepped back from there

:worms:

sessnet,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
As Ive stated earlier in this thread, I did call the re-seller of their medicated carts to let them know of my experience, or lack thereof. I doubt that it was my complaint alone that would make them turn-tail and hide, but if it was many people voicing the same concerns, then that does show a pattern, no? I didnt call them to cause any problems, but rather to give my honest feedback of the medicated carts that they were selling to their customers.

So I am sure they are at least partially referring to me when they told you that, Sess. If that makes me nasty, well so be it.

sessnet

Noob Saibot
If that makes me nasty, well so be it.

Nah man fuck that. The way you just explained it - sounds like a big mess. And here I am, unknowingly adding to the finger pointing.

I guess I deserve it coming my way now... :cool:

sessnet,

OF

Nah man fuck that. The way you just explained it - sounds like a big mess. And here I am, unknowingly adding to the finger pointing.

I guess I deserve it coming my way now... :cool:

Naw, you got a white hat. You're just carrying someone else's water. The information is probably not first or even second hand with whoever you got it from (they're only hearing about conversations that may or may not have happened to other people in other places). They tell you. You pass your understanding on for us to misinterpret. Making it hearsay of hearsay of hearsay of son of hearsay?

Now, if the question is 'do we trust Stu?', I've got a few thoughts on that myself......

If we had two horses, bet they'd both be dead and we'd still be walking?

OF

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
For the record, no, I cannot be trusted. I have several ex-girlfriends that would attest to that.

But I digress...

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
glad other people stood up and said something b4 i woke up, lol
i will attest to Stu's truth in this. (comin' from a mad hater here)
fwiw i still used my DA, gave it to a buddy w/cigz unlocker and he's
hooked.

Bob Loblaw,

max

Out to lunch
sessnet said:
And manufacturers fleeing FC because of those nasty users, has happened many times before.
Really? Many times? Like 2 or 3? I can't think of 'many' that have had any kind of significant presence here and left for good for any reason, let alone fled due to nasty users. And in case you've never noticed, we have a rule against excessive attacks on manufacturers. Seems like 'reports' on these attacks are numbering few to none, or we're just ignoring them, and I can attest that it's not the latter case. More than one member here has received an infraction for attacking a manufacturer, especially if they have a presence on the forum.

"some people" (vague) on FC caused them problems by calling retailers and saying GM was a scam, causing them lost business and time.
The "some people" in this reference would obviously be 'members' who are invested in some way in another brand. We've seen a few, particularly in the e-cig style of vape, that post as if they're actually working for the company, as far as some of the comments or the posting style, but we have no proof. Company plants are always possible on a forum, and it's certainly possible that some, who are just plain members (and avid fans I assume), can get carried away with their brand loyalty. For those types, FC management would prefer that they get carried away by the 'men in white coats', so that we and the rest of the public are protected.

We obviously can't prevent people from calling resellers and trying to sabotage a company. But if this company perceives the 'bad guys' to be FC members, instead of people associated with their competition, then they need to educate themselves about both forums and the business world. While there are certainly some whackos on forums, very few of them are going to go to the trouble to find and call resellers and tell lies about a particular brand. This is an activity not worthwhile unless there are profits involved, and common sense says that both manufacturer and reseller should shrug this off and if anything, take it as a sign that they have a worthy product.

sessnet

Noob Saibot
I apologize if I offended anyone.

And FC is dope, as a whole. I have no problems with anyone here, it is my favorite forum, EVER!!!!

Well... actually I do have one problem.... and that is - most people on FC are smarter than me...and that's not fair :cuss:

sessnet,
Reactions: OF

OF

I apologize if I offended anyone.

And FC is dope, as a whole. I have no problems with anyone here, it is my favorite forum, EVER!!!!

Well... actually I do have one problem.... and that is - most people on FC are smarter than me...and that's not fair :cuss:

Yeah, yeah, sure, sure...but you're better looking and that more than makes up for it, doesn't it?

And on that offended bit? Not to worry, you were doing that long before this vape happened....played right you can do it again most any time you choose to.

All this has got me thinking I should look into this power supply.....naw, I really don't need another....

Thanks fer speakin' your mind.

OF

OF,
Reactions: sessnet

mephisto

Hey I love my DA battery, it drives my LV AVA. I never did receive my replacement
adapters, and never did receive any further response from nice Julie....Oh well, my
DA rocks 4.2v and kicks the Omicron v2's ass.....go figure.

mephisto,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
the same people who sell the good thread unlockers also sell the soft matte, variable voltage models. one is a passthru and the other has a guage that lights up and keeps you informed on battery life. get both w/ usb cord and wall adapter add an unlocker and it's still less than a DA was (when they were on sale). my DA works as well as my Omi V1 right off the charger, but less than the v2 as it has a control top to stop it from goin' over 3.7. that said, or fwiw, my buddy uses the DA i gave him and it still works for the Omi carts.

Bob Loblaw,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
the same people who sell the good thread unlockers

Thanks for that! I got one of the first DA's, and luckily, an adapter. However, my adapter feels janky/wonky. The thread feels really weird and if I wiggle it hard enough it becomes loose.

I don't know if I want to risk buying another one from GM, just in case it acts the same way. Can you suggest where to get one?

sessnet,
Top Bottom