Gentleman's Brand Vapes

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
i hear ya julie, but i hope you hear all of us. as to the thread unlockers i will mention again that diameter/circumference was the issue more than length. someone said he thought they were 4081 adapters which have the same thread, but a a larger diam. still don't understand what the second unlocker that screws into the first is for. as stated earlier, nothing i have threads into it ( i have a few e-cigs with diff. threads.) also as it does screw into the "omi" thread on the first (possible 4081) it should thread into my omi. it doesn't and i have 6 ports that i have tried it on. there are a few major issues on this thread (no pun intended) and i am willing to let you address them (missing long cone, one style cart not 2, sending meds without a heads up at least {am guessing that's what you meant by
(ask the people who received theirs, there are a lot of things included that are not just a battery, hehe)
(don't know why it's funny? felonies are a joke to you?) however i am judging you not on the pen, but the bait and switch. and to be honest "lifetime warranty" has always kinda reminded me of this
and if you haven't noticed no one is impressed by what's in your carts, hehe. i just got notice of my thread unlockers being shipped from another company so my needs are met elsewhere anyway. emails also don't make me feel better, actions do. i had probs with products from delta and while they were just as slow at communicating they never made the exact same mistake twice and everything was included. oh, and my replacement was actually sent.

Bob Loblaw,

NewSchoolExplorer

Thanks and OF guided me to the site. Thanks a bunch shipping is $2 so what are some other common carts adapters? eGo?

NewSchoolExplorer,

2clicker

Observer
bob, serially? the sarcastic antics in your video are a bit much no...? i understand that you are frustrated that you didnt get everything your supposed to. i would be as well. some things tho...

the short cone is not for covering the inner 510 threads at all. its for covering the outer eGo threads when you are using the inner 510 threads. so nothing scrapes against them and "nicks" them when your not using them. and thats exactly what it does. in your video it seems you are saying that it wasnt long enough to cover the 510 threads. correct me if im wrong...?

if i remember correctly the RX thread adapter was never advertised to fit onto an Omicron pen like you try to do in your video. its made to allow any m601 carts (Omi carts) to adapter to your DA. and when you get the proper RX adapter from where ever, you will see that it does indeed fit perfectly on both sides.

also the adapters arent meant to be screwed into each other at all. they are just dif adapters for dif threaded carts. i have 3 dif adapters all with dif thread combos. although im not sure what threads they all are.

and the USB cable is actually pretty handy. i agree they could have included a heftier cable, but it charges the DA just fine.

the 510 mouthpieces were included so that you have some if and when you do use a 510 cart. basically they knew people were going to be running Omi carts on their DA and they threw them in for those users. i will be using mine on my Omi carts.

like i said i know i would be frustrated as well, but some of your complaints just arent valid.

2clicker,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
bob, serially? the sarcastic antics in your video are a bit much no...?
serially, no. your personal attack is a bit much tho, no? i am sorry if it was late, i was tired (as i am getting with this) and my irritation showed thru in my tone.
i express clearly that i didn't know that the shorter cone was. you keep brushing off complaints like no long cone AS ADVERTISED and as far as i can tell no one else got theirs either so it wasn't an accident like my unlockers potentially could have been.
the only time i use sarcasm is when i say "filled". if you can't tell why those thread unlockers are the problem, not me, by this video (which was the purpose for both thread readers and GV) then i can't help you.

if i remember correctly the RX thread adapter was never advertised to fit onto an Omicron pen like you try to do in your video. its made to allow any m601 carts (Omi carts) to adapter to your DA. and when you get the proper RX adapter from where ever, you will see that it does indeed fit perfectly on both sides.
yes i'm sue the proper one works (duh?). regarding the second piece fitting an omicron pen, you obviously arent' following the logic and aren't really trying to so....

the 510 mouthpieces were included so that you have some if and when you do use a 510 cart. basically they knew people were going to be running Omi carts on their DA and they threw them in for those users. i will be using mine on my Omi carts.

not sure how mouthpieces for carts that don't come with the pen makes sense to you, but ok. have you used them on omi carts? no clogs?

like i said i know i would be frustrated as well, but some of your complaints just arent valid.

am sorry you feel that way, but as i said earlier, we'll just have to disagree. as to the validity of either of our points, shouldn't we leave it to others to determine for themselves? i feel my video speaks for itself, but if you feel the need to keep defending GV, you can. my vid was just to illustrate.

Bob Loblaw,

2clicker

Observer
serially, no. your personal attack is a bit much tho, no? i express clearly that i didn't know that the shorter cone was. you keep brushing off complaints like no long cone AS ADVERTISED. the only time i drop sarcasm is when i say "filled". if you can't tell why those thread unlockers are the problem, not me, by this video (which was the purpose for both thread readers and GV) then i can't help you.

personal attack...? please. this is a discussion not an argument. im sorry your getting personally upset about it. i have never attacked you in any way. and i did NOT brush off your "no long cone" complaints at all. in fact i did the exact opposite and sympathized with you... "i understand that you are frustrated that you didnt get everything your supposed to. i would be as well." i guess you just missed that part...?

yes i'm sue the proper one works (duh?). regarding fitting an omicron pen, you obviously arent' following the logic and aren't really trying to so....

like i said correct me if im wrong, but the RX adapter was never meant to have a male m601 thread on it... and it doesnt. so it wont fit an Omi pen. explain to me what im missing on this.

not sure how mouthpieces for carts that don't come with the pen makes sense to you, but ok. have you used them on omi carts? no clogs?

it makes perfect sense. they knew users would be using Omi carts so they threw in mouth pieces that will fit them. not sure how that doesnt make sense. its an added extra and your still complaining about it. and no i havent used them yet, but i will report back when i do.

am sorry you feel that way, but as i said earlier, we'll just have to disagree. as to the validity of either of our points, shouldn't we leave it to others to determine for themselves? i feel my video speaks for itself, but if you feel the need to keep defending GV, you can. my vid was just to illustrate.

thats fine and all, but your video illustrates you using the stuff wrong and complaining that it doesnt work. that is what misleads people.

2clicker,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
it makes perfect sense. they knew users would be using Omi carts so they threw in mouth pieces that will fit them. not sure how that doesnt make sense. its an added extra and your still complaining about it. and no i havent used them yet, but i will report back when i do.
as someone who ones both and follows the threads i can tell you that they don't work properly and often clog the system as they are too long and hit the bridge. Delta9's pieces are wider inside and shorter to work properly

thats fine and all, but your video illustrates you using the stuff wrong and complaining that it doesnt work. that is what misleads people.
what am i using wrong?

like i said correct me if im wrong, but the RX adapter was never meant to have a male m601 thread on it... and it doesnt. so it wont fit an Omi pen. explain to me what im missing on this.

this is exactly my point. rewatch the vid. if piece #2 screws into piece #1 (the one attached to the DA) and piece number 1 is correct, then by the same logic whatever is screwed into it (piece #1) should have the same thread, make sense? if my omi cart is supposed to go into piece #1 then piece #2, which is able to thread into piece #1 perfectly should therefore thread into an omi port. that's all i was trying to say.

personal attack...? please. this is a discussion not an argument. im sorry your getting personally upset about it. i have never attacked you in any way. and i did NOT brush off your "no long cone" complaints at all. in fact i did the exact opposite and sympathized with you... "i understand that you are frustrated that you didnt get everything your supposed to. i would be as well." i guess you just missed that part...?
i do hear that part, but to follow and start it by saying i'm being ridiculous and that doesn't sound like empathy to me. it's like everything someone says before "but". and to say that i am being ridiculous for my complaints is a personal attack. i am attacking the package i received, you are attacking me. see the difference? you can state your own opinion as to the quality of the DA, without minimizing my own. for an example. if i wanted to do the same thing you are i could say that your ignorance as to the commonality of these pens, your inability to understand the thread logic previously, your defense of mouthpieces had no validity as you hadn't tried them for your stated intent; i could use these things to call out weakness in YOUR character. i am not. only to point out the lack of validity to your points. i hope you can see the difference and maybe understand why i feel personally attacked. you have at every turn demanded i fully explain to you my concerns, have stated in numerous ways why my irritation was invalid, til you finally listen and then move on to critique another issue. over and over again. throughout this you tell me i'm wrong or unreasonable first, then you listen. see the pattern. see how all this adds up to personal?
i'm sorry my inability to express my frustration without some kind of tone is so upsetting to you, but i'm guessing most people have the ability to take all info with a grain of salt and don't need you interpreting for them. both sides have been clearly expressed. my vid was for clarity not degradation.

Bob Loblaw,

NewSchoolExplorer

personal attack...? please.

Honestly 2clicker you need to stop arguing, if your going to continue the same arguments then respectful shut up (everyone can go back a page to read your honest pov), you shared your opinion, bob shared his, but I do NOT agree with going out of your way to disagree with EVERY post Bob makes. Im sure you can find better usage of your time.

I would thank bob for being such a critic, I expect high quality from products and I appreciate the video for me to visually see what the concerns are and the quality of workmanship put into these kits. I understand you get what you pay for but if I was running the show I would make clear directions to the compatibility of the threads and whats included.

If cost is an issue why not just have a kit that has different grades: charger A, B, C with respective prices to match the margin. I do like the concept as I have said before but I will wait until I see a more powerful version or otherwise. I am not going to be an early adopter of this company but perhaps a customer after its tested by real world users.

Criticism promotes innovation and advancement, don't go the opposite direction of defending each post ( sentences in your case) and contribute nothing. Instead of disagreeing directly to each post you can make a video (gives more credibility than words) of how you are using your vape kit.

(If I was managing this I would use this criticisms to improve upon design, customer relations, feedback, etc)

Peace and Pot everyone

NewSchoolExplorer,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

SnidelyWhiplash

Regarding putting a VG based tincture in an Omi cart: DON'T! When heated to a certain temperature (i wanna say 280c) VG turns into acrolein, a toxic and highly irritating substance, this may be why it resulted in headaches and shitty taste

Sweet Jesus!

acrolein was used for chemical warfare in ww1.

Thats fucked up man, that shit should not be legal without warning labels.

"Acrolein is a severe pulmonary irritant and lachrymatory agent. It was used as a chemical weapon during World War I. It is, however, now outlawed by the Chemical Weapons Convention. Dermal exposure of acrolein to the eyes (0.3ppm in air) can cause severe irritation. Acrolein is not a suspected human carcinogen; no studies have been conducted on the carcinogenic effects of acrolein on humans, but studies on rats have shown an increase in cancerous tumors from ingestion.[citation needed] In October 2006, researchers found connections between acrolein in the smoke from tobacco cigarettes and the risk of lung cancer.[4] Furthermore, acrolein is a possible metabolite of cyclophosphamide, a cytotoxic chemotherapy agent, and results in hemorrhagic cystitis.[5] N-acetylcysteine or mesna are used to counteract the acrolein. Due to its ability to damage myelin nerve sheaths, acrolein may be a factor in the development of multiple sclerosis. The antihypertensive drug hydralazine, a known scavenger of acrolein, was found to reduce myelin damage and significantly improve behavioral outcomes in a mouse model of multiple sclerosis (experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis).[6] EPA method 603 is designed to measure acrolein in industrial and municipal wastewater streams.[7]"

SnidelyWhiplash,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
My saga continues....

My Omicron carts arrived today. I just spent the last 20 minutes trying to get the thread adapter(s) to work with no luck. Like Bob Loblaw's video, they just wont connect properly at all. So there goes my hopes for a silver lining with this thing.

I'd put it up in the classifieds thread, but I just wouldn't feel right about sending this product to even my worst enemy.

CAVEAT EMPTOR!!

:bang: Time to vaporize for real to get rid of this headache that I've given myself.

:peace:

mephisto

Hello Stu, get yourself some adapters from one of the e-cig suppliers. I got a buttload from
a local (N.C.) place and the Omi fits fine on the DA battery. It is even kinda good to have a
little extra volts (4.2) at the start of a fresh DA battery.

OF

Honestly 2clicker you need to stop arguing, if your going to continue the same arguments then respectful shut up (everyone can go back a page to read your honest pov), you shared your opinion, bob shared his, but I do NOT agree with going out of your way to disagree with EVERY post Bob makes. Im sure you can find better usage of your time.

Ya know, 2clicker, I gotta side with New School here. You might not think there's any attacking going on but from my perspective I think there is. It seems to me to be coming from your keyboard....if you're not doing it perhaps the keyboard is broken and needs replacement?

Cut the fellow some slack?

OF

OF,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Hello Stu, get yourself some adapters from one of the e-cig suppliers. I got a buttload from
a local (N.C.) place and the Omi fits fine on the DA battery. It is even kinda good to have a
little extra volts (4.2) at the start of a fresh DA battery.
Thanks for the suggestion, mephisto. Can you provide me with a link to the type of adapter I would need? Or some code or model number would help.

TIA,

:peace:

Stu,

NewSchoolExplorer

I placed my order for an adapter lol and will be getting the carts some time down the road as I just received my rev :D

NewSchoolExplorer,

OF

this link has been floating around for a while now for alternative adapters that do work....

A few minutes ago I was playing with a couple of just those little guys from those folks. First rate gear, near as I can tell. Fit several 510 series batteries I have (including Revolution) and took the Omicron carts on the other end 'just like they were made for each other'.

Good quality (it seems) and fast delivery. Recommended.

OF

NewSchoolExplorer

A few minutes ago I was playing with a couple of just those little guys from those folks. First rate gear, near as I can tell. Fit several 510 series batteries I have (including Revolution) and took the Omicron carts on the other end 'just like they were made for each other'.

OF

I am fully vaped from my Rev and I already have these coming my way :D cant wait

NewSchoolExplorer,

OF

I am fully vaped from my Rev and I already have these coming my way :D cant wait

Sorry, but you're going to have to wait until it gets there to use it. Think about it.....

However, if you make an effort to spend some serious 'quality time' with your Revolution, I'm sure it will pass more easily, if not actually quicker. Not that it might not seem to pass faster in that there are less days to get here, or fewer hours in those days for that matter. Each hour still seems to have the same 60 minutes as before, each with 60 seconds. The only possible explanation is the size of each second changes, right?

OF

OF,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut

OF

yea, i bought a few from them and have notice of shipping. got a few other things from there and when i looked at my order i noticed one of m items hadn't made it into my shipped order. panicked a little i called them up. adapters are on the way! a cart i picked up didn't make it (big deal), but it sure gave me a scare. want to get a few of my poorer friends onto this tech. thanks to you, OF for ur support on this issue. really wanted to just drop it, but i'm allergic to doing so sometimes it seems. still no e-mail from gman. funnily enough i just got an email from google checkout asking me to evaluate them. i'm giving them one more day.

Bob Loblaw,

NewSchoolExplorer

Sorry, but you're going to have to wait until it gets there to use it. Think about it.....

However, if you make an effort to spend some serious 'quality time' with your Revolution, I'm sure it will pass more easily, if not actually quicker. Not that it might not seem to pass faster in that there are less days to get here, or fewer hours in those days for that matter. Each hour still seems to have the same 60 minutes as before, each with 60 seconds. The only possible explanation is the size of each second changes, right?

OF

I honestly love the TV as it is but I also enjoying experimenting with different contraptions lol, (I enjoy the journey of finding the perfect vape.) I hope that makes sense? I really do enjoy my Rev haha :D I have vaped about .5g today and have really became acquainted with it and love it so much more than my T1 as for cannabonoid content and flavor. This would be my portable of choice for personal on the go type. But I like the idea of having smaller hits with big loads so I can share it at group sessions as well. I hope you understand that it is not black and white. I enjoy a varity of vapes and forms of cannabonoids and methods of consumption. I love it all.

Peace and Pot my friend ...currently using my Rev with fresh batteries and Vac Purged Sound D x Tahoe

NewSchoolExplorer,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

OF

I honestly love the TV as it is but I also enjoying experimenting with different contraptions lol, (I enjoy the journey of finding the perfect vape.) I hope that makes sense? I really do enjoy my Rev haha :D I have vaped about .5g today and have really became acquainted with it and love it so much more than my T1 as for cannabonoid content and flavor. This would be my portable of choice for personal on the go type. But I like the idea of having smaller hits with big loads so I can share it at group sessions as well. I hope you understand that it is not black and white. I enjoy a varity of vapes and forms of cannabonoids and methods of consumption. I love it all.

With you all the way. Funny, I don't recognize you, you must go to a different Group Session than I do?

I'm also on board that having a loaded Omicron cart as backup is a cool idea. Not only for the social reasons you cite (good indeed IMO) but also from a 'solo use' perspective for times when you don't want to (or can't....) deal with reloading a 'Load as you Go' system like Revolution. For that reason I'm seriously considering ordering some 4 ohm carts to load and carry with the Revolution. Not only for groups duty (rare for me) but also by way of 'belt and suspenders', sound planning IMO.

Thanks.

OF

OF,
Top Bottom