Gentleman's Brand Vapes

2clicker

Observer
No. I'm using the THC infused carts that I bought from their distributor.

I may pick up an omni cart to play with, but I was hoping the pre-packaged and sealed glycerin carts could be used for medicating during travel.

ive got a purple dream Widow Maker and at 4.2V i get some pretty gnarly rips from it. a full 7 second button hold that is. as far as dosage goes id say you have to keep on it with the glycerine tincture. i can get feeling pretty nice after repeated long pulls on there, but not as heady as i would prefer. i was at a local tap house recently and asked the bartender if they mind i use my e-cig. he said not at all and i sat up there drinking 10.5% IPAs and sipping on the purple dream. it was a nice combo and nobody had any idea.

using an Omi carts was my main goal for my DA. however, im going to tinker with the tank cart and some glycerine and homemade oil.

2clicker,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
The main factor I considered when purchasing this was getting some pre-packaged, pre-filled cartriges that would sail through security and allow me a way to medicate in a non-420 friendly environment. I'm hoping that the first cartridge was faulty and the smaller GDP cart will allow me to medicate. Like I said, I'll try it tomorrow as I don't want to waste the cart now when I'm not able to discern any difference. This Lemon OG in the Vapolution has improved my attitude substatially since my last post.
:peace:

Stu,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
The main factor I considered when purchasing this was getting some pre-packaged, pre-filled cartriges that would sail through security and allow me a way to medicate in a non-420 friendly environment. I'm hoping that the first cartridge was faulty and the smaller GDP cart will allow me to medicate. Like I said, I'll try it tomorrow as I don't want to waste the cart now when I'm not able to discern any difference. This Lemon OG in the Vapolution has improved my attitude substatially since my last post.
:peace:
That sounds like a good idea. Are you going to be testing the theory anytime soon?

Jeppy,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I am curious about mixing oil concentrate w/ VG but I don't really enjoy the flavor the VG takes on once it has been gumming up around the heat coil after a bit of use. It starts to taste bad to me, I would prefer to stick with straight oil concentrate and avoid adding VG for this reason. I do miss the vapor clouds though, and it would be nice to be confident that if in a public situation I could vape with out drawing the wrong attention. I wonder how little VG it would really take to liquid up the oil enough so it would drip into the atomizer properly. I guess I could sacrifice a bit of oil to find out. I still have some of the THC/VG that I made a while ago to try to use ecigs for this same reason. I found it worked ok, in a light weigh, body high sort of way, but makes a much better oral tincture to drip under my tongue. So I have been using what I have left as tincture instead of eciging it.

*** just tried mixing some iso oil concentrate into some of my already thc saturated VG and it won't blend. I tried gently heating it, and the oil did start to dissolve but as soon as it cools down the oil just coagulates again and won't mix with the VG. Not working so good... I used 10 drops of the VG with about .2 or .3 of some oil. It just keeps separating. Well all in the name of science I guess...won't waste any more good oil trying to liquify it with VG... since I already contaminated the oil w/VG I dropped the oil into the bottle with the VG has about 1/4 left in it (small 5ml bottle) to let it soak over night to see if it will blend after soaking a while...

jambandphan03,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Yes. I'll be traveling early next month, so I wanted to see if it would work.

I'm very new to the concentrate scene, let alone the e-cig thing, so I'm a little lost. But I did have an idea just now and I'd like your opinions.

What if I got an empty omnicron cart, and packed it with my DA. In another compartment I could stash a sealed Pure Gold capsule. Do y'all think that might work?

I want to have a nice trip. :cool:

Stu,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
yeah, as to potency, i'd heard all the bad stories about pg/vg carts and stuck with the omi and the persei. i make a low odor oil and alternate hits w/ my peppermint non-nic egoT and have gotten away with it everywhere so far. need to do a high security test like an airport for full incognito props, but so far so good. let us know if you get thru ok. i use it every day all day in public. once people are used to the peppermint ego its time to rip the omicron

Bob Loblaw,
yeah i have the new mouthpiece w/ the Persei and the Omi. V2. guessing it's similar to a all driptip metal mouthpieces?

It's identical to the shiny one of these, although I actually have come to like the included plastic drip tip more because it actually stays in place. Either are better than the stock Omicron silicone tip, which I loathe.
Whistle-DripTips.jpg

As this is my first attempt at using the device, I can not say for certain that the cartridge could be the problem, or maybe the "tincture" was too weak. All I know for certain is that the $40 I paid for that cartride could've bought me an 1/8 of good weed, so I'm kinda bummed about that. The taste was not overpowering, but unidentifiably odd in my opinion. I kept trying to come up with a similar taste to compare it to, but I just couldn't. The closest I can come up with is that it's similar to the way a new toy baloon smells before it's blown up (if that made any sense to anyone).

I did also throw on a regular cart of GDP and to be fair it hit much harder than the Widow Maker. I got visible vapor exhales with the normal cart and the taste was more palatable for some reason. I will see if I can get any affect from the GDP cart tomorrow, but I'm done testing for the night. I need some real weed.

Also kinda strange that the unit came with no instructions whatsoever, and the .pdf file on their website doesn't explain much either (like how to fill a cartridge, how much to load into a cart, bla bla bla). Their online chat doesn't seem to work anymore so I did send an email that has gone unanswered to this point.

I was really hoping to use this device for some international travel next month, but I'm not so sure now. Has anyone used a THC cart with this device with any success? I'd like to know if it's even possible to medicate with at all.
FWIW I tried the Widow Maker cart at 3.2, 3.7, and 4.2, but I only tried the regular cart at 3.2 (better results that the WM for some reason).

small_thumb-1329250189.jpg

My DA came with 2 cartridges with no labeling on them or their packaging, both of the larger "widowmaker" variety pictured above. I assume they're medicated as others received, but who knows? My DA only had about an hour on it before the battery died and refused to take a charge, but those carts did work and they were very loud and active-sounding as I think Jambandphan pointed out with hers. I was already feeling the spirit as it were, and about 5 minutes puffing away with very large vapor clouds yielded no appreciable buzz and what is indeed an odd, indefinable flavor. If they are medicated, I think it's a low octane tincture. To be fair I'm surprised how long it can take to get medicated off my Omicron running straight wax as well - sometimes I just wish I'd taken the MFLB along. Oils are fun but I'm started to trend back to flowers.

I DID use an Omicron cart with the DA and it hit just like the Omicron was a moment before. The RX adapter was included for me and fit nice and snug both ways. I was definitely bummed when the battery died and refused to take another charge.

The USB-passthrough function is clearly superior to an Omicron type design for a number of reasons - vape while charging, no more oil covered charger threads, etc..

But, at least I'm being well taken care of, and will have new thoughts to share on a new DA very soon.

Doubleclicker, that was a cool story about the bar, hoppy beers and herbal are so great together. Let us know how the Detonator goes.

charliedontsurf,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
CDS, I purchased THC carts separately. The Widow Maker that comes with the unit is not medicated.

Stu,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
I want to have a nice trip. :cool:
I don't know where you are, But I'd medicate before leaving, have edible (for the trip there), or nothing. Pack your meds and gear away in with shaving kit. Good to go. Have fun.

Jeppy,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
am happy for those who got the appropriate thread unlocker, but honestly each time i hear someone got one that works, i'm just that much more irritated that mine didn't :mad:.
It's identical to the shiny one of these, although I actually have come to like the included plastic drip tip more because it actually stays in place. Either are better than the stock Omicron silicone tip, which I loathe.
Whistle-DripTips.jpg

small_thumb-1329250189.jpg

My DA came with 2 cartridges with no labeling on them or their packaging, both of the larger "widowmaker" variety pictured above. I assume they're medicated as others received, but who knows? My DA only had about an hour on it before the battery died and refused to take a charge, but those carts did work and they were very loud and active-sounding as I think Jambandphan pointed out with hers. I was already feeling the spirit as it were, and about 5 minutes puffing away with very large vapor clouds yielded no appreciable buzz and what is indeed an odd, indefinable flavor. If they are medicated, I think it's a low octane tincture. To be fair I'm surprised how long it can take to get medicated off my Omicron running straight wax as well - sometimes I just wish I'd taken the MFLB along. Oils are fun but I'm started to trend back to flowers.

I DID use an Omicron cart with the DA and it hit just like the Omicron was a moment before. The RX adapter was included for me and fit nice and snug both ways. I was definitely bummed when the battery died and refused to take another charge.

The USB-passthrough function is clearly superior to an Omicron type design for a number of reasons - vape while charging, no more oil covered charger threads, etc..

the new omicron has changeable batteries instead of usb charger.

About the drip tips i did get the same, but the didn't go to either cartridge so i don't get the point. also on their site the say that we were getting some helixy tip shown elsewhere, but apparently not in our packages :shrug:.
1 Heat Dissipating Mouth Piece
This translucent 'drip tip' fits most every cartridge out there, and provides a more solid, consistant place to put your lips than on the cartridge itself. Made of Delrin - this mouth piece won't pass heat from your cartridge to your mouth. A perfect replacement for the stock 'rubber' that may have come with your cartridges.
i feel ya on the silicone omi tip. i started the dropper/silicone tip right after someone (OF i think) showed his MFLB combo.

Bob Loblaw,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I don't know where you are, But I'd medicate before leaving, have edible (for the trip there), or nothing. Pack your meds and gear away in with shaving kit. Good to go. Have fun.
I have good stashing techniques as I travel internationally quite frequently, so no worries, there. ;) And I always medicate with an edible at the gate. I'm just concerned about a "scentless" bag. That's why I was keen on the sealed pre-filled PG (or VG or whatever) carts. But a Pure Gold capsule would be equally scent-free and quite a bit more potent.

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
I have good stashing techniques as I travel internationally quite frequently, so no worries, there. ;) And I always medicate with an edible at the gate. I'm just concerned about a "scentless" bag. That's why I was keen on the sealed pre-filled PG (or VG or whatever) carts. But a Pure Gold capsule would be equally scent-free and quite a bit more potent.
Puregold will work flawlessly. I speak from experience. I take 2 ampules for a solid 4-5 days.

Jeppy,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
in regards to the whole variable voltage thing.

I've no idea how you can make such a promise (unless you've measured it???). I can't really accept your subjective measure without some support. How is it you know what that unit does every time at 3.7 Volts? Maybe you can sense half a volt difference? Again, yes you can design a circuit that will do what you suggest (hold the starting voltage as the battery sags under load) but doing that (especially close to the battery voltage) is an expensive prospect.

And I've yet to hear anything that supports the 'cost is no object' attitude about performance or customer satisfaction. Perhaps I just missed it?

OF
http://www.texasselectvapor.com/variable-voltage-ego-passthrough-battery/

this is basically what we are looking at people. d i'm not positive the mah is the same (but for how short mine is i wouldn't be surprised.)
no idea what it actually puts out ( as my adapters don't work) from a subjective point of view and don't have a volt meter to test, but this is the same thing as what i am holdin' and GV calls a DA.

Bob Loblaw,
in regards to the whole variable voltage thing.

http://www.texasselectvapor.com/variable-voltage-ego-passthrough-battery/

this is basically what we are looking at people. d i'm not positive the mah is the same (but for how short mine is i wouldn't be surprised.)
no idea what it actually puts out ( as my adapters don't work) from a subjective point of view and don't have a volt meter to test, but this is the same thing as what i am holdin' and GV calls a DA.

That does looks the same.. So the DA is an Ego battery with an included RX adapter and a warranty?

charliedontsurf,

OF

Yes. I'll be traveling early next month, so I wanted to see if it would work.

What if I got an empty omnicron cart, and packed it with my DA. In another compartment I could stash a sealed Pure Gold capsule. Do y'all think that might work?

Someone around one of these forums posted about doing this routinely. He said he put the PG capsules in a big jar of Vitamin E caps. He claimed it worked great for him.

I hope you have a pleasant trip and all, but if you get caught, I don't know you....... Then again, if you've got a good poker face, maybe you can blame it on Bristol Meyers?

OF

OF,

mephisto

FWIW I did not receive the correct adapters either. Several e-mails went unanswered.
I received 2 widowmaker carts that were "medicated" and yet I am no where near Cali.
My first post in this thread addressed the bait and switch tactics that I feel were used to
get our money w/ the promise of the tank cart and other options that were not sent.
I called bullshit on this racket before and G-man's raced to the scene to defend themselves.
Where's my adapter? where's the tank cart? Why did G-man's send questionable carts
through the U.S. mail to an unknowing customer? These people are less than reputable,
and the widowmaker carts are garbage. Thanks for a flashing battery, and a lot of let
down. Nice to see 2clicker got a Rough Stack maxi,,,er, ah, "Detonator" to test......
G-man's you have misrepresented your product and I will spend my money at the
e-cig store for a more affordable battery.......Nothing new here.

mephisto,
Reactions: bruno13

OF

I received 2 widowmaker carts that were "medicated" and yet I am no where near Cali.

Why did G-man's send questionable carts through the U.S. mail to an unknowing customer? These people are less than reputable, and the widowmaker carts are garbage.

This part is spooky indeed. It would be a buzz kill of the first order to have the Feds show up at the front door as a result of some audit or other legal issue the maker might have in the future. Garbage or not, they're a bust. I sure wouldn't want my name and address in some file linked to that sort of activity. Even if they're 'just checking', it's a conversation I'd rather just not have.

Even if the product was top notch and low priced. Perhaps from a Dealer not known for such 'sloppy' dealings?

OF

OF,

2clicker

Observer
These people are less than reputable,
and the widowmaker carts are garbage. Thanks for a flashing battery, and a lot of let
down. Nice to see 2clicker got a Rough Stack maxi,,,er, ah, "Detonator" to test......
G-man's you have misrepresented your product and I will spend my money at the
e-cig store for a more affordable battery.......Nothing new here.

im surprised to hear some of this. i totally understand the concern with prefilled samples being sent. and about not getting the exact items promised, but the Double Agent battery itself work flawlessly. it has a pass through feature which is different from other e-cig models (few have it).

also, you can get a Gentlemans battery and Omi cart for around $70-$80. so pretty much a setup better than the Omicron and for less money. I wouldnt say there is nothing new here.

as for the Widow Maker carts... i didnt think anyone was expecting them to be anything special anyway...? i mean they are for glycerine tinctures and not straight oil. my thought was that people would be getting the Double Agent to use with Omi carts and not the Widow Maker carts.

2clicker,

bruno13

insomniac

also, you can get a Gentlemans battery and Omi cart for around $70-$80. so pretty much a setup better than the Omicron and for less money. I wouldnt say there is nothing new here.

That is true, except you can get that exact same Gentlemans battery and charger for $20 online.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
im surprised to hear some of this. i totally understand the concern with prefilled samples being sent. and about not getting the exact items promised, but the Double Agent battery itself work flawlessly. it has a pass through feature which is different from other e-cig models (few have it).

as for the Widow Maker carts... i didnt think anyone was expecting them to be anything special anyway...? i mean they are for glycerine tinctures and not straight oil. my thought was that people would be getting the Double Agent to use with Omi carts and not the Widow Maker carts.

yeah if you compare omi 1 (2 pens) @ $130 with all needed and appropriate accessories with a single pen @ $70 it is how much cheaper exactly? and when i can get that same pen as bruno said for $20-25. passthroughs are common. just as i stated earlier i have a 2 pen set of egoTs and they are both passthru.) as i stated the ONLY reason i gave them money was to unlock my omi's thread so this is now JUST a cheap battery w/ ILLEGAL meds shipped between state lines. i happen to be a med grower and patient so i am in less liability than most, but seriously. keep ur meds, give me my unlocker.

Bob Loblaw,

2clicker

Observer
yeah if you compare omi 1 (2 pens) @ $130 with all needed and appropriate accessories with a single pen @ $70 it is how much cheaper exactly? and when i can get that same pen as bruno said for $20-25. passthroughs are common. just as i stated earlier i have a 2 pen set of egoTs and they are both passthru.) as i stated the ONLY reason i gave them money was to unlock my omi's thread so this is now JUST a cheap battery w/ ILLEGAL meds shipped between state lines. i happen to be a med grower and patient so i am in less liability than most, but seriously. keep ur meds, give me my unlocker.

IMO comparing 1 pen at $70 to a 2 pen set @ $130 is not comparing apples to apples. if you go with the 2 pen set you are out $130 and the DA your still only out $70. i understand that you with the 2 pen set your getting them for $65, but then your splitting it with someone or paying for more pens than you need. that is not apples to apples. its better to compare the 1 Omi kit to the single DA kit. so for $100 you get an inferior pen with 1 Omi cart.

the RX thread unlocker can be had at multiple e-cig sites for only a few bucks. why would someone buy a whole pen kit just for a $3 adapter?

however, if the DA battery can be found for $20 online then id say thats a good route to go. $20 plus $10 an Omi cart (rediculous) is much better than all the options weve discussed so far.

2clicker,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
OK, so that was a failed experiment. Even after soaking all night, the iso oil just won't mix with the VG. I am wondering if the PG mixes better because it is closer to the properties of alcohol than VG. That must be why it is working for some of you, at my best guess. I can't use PG, tried many times with the same results. My body just doesn't like it. No big deal, wasn't a huge loss, just thought I would give it a shot and share this so other people don't make the same error. If you do want to make a VG/THC liquid, follow the directions to making VG cannabis tincture (slow heat process not the cold process), I think I found some good directions on GrassCity or one of those med forums. Mine took a 2 week process, heating, filtering, and I even spun it in a centrifuge to get more of the waxes and solids out to make it as clean as possible for e cig use, but still after cramming as much THC as I could into my VG (used bud, kif, and some hash to make it) it still didn't provide a very strong effect when used in as e cig juice... I suppose if you are a super light weight, it would be awesome. I am glad we have omicron carts, and my little hash hitter to use.

**I'm going to try one more thing before I completely give up on that VG mix, I am heating up some water to make a hot bath to set the bottle of VGtinc into to see if the heat will help melt the oil and allow it to distribute more evenly into the VG... I'll post my results in a bit.

*** hot bath fail, some of it desolved, but still solid bits of oil floating around in there, and note to self, don't use cheap plastic bottle in hot water.... :doh:

jambandphan03,

SnidelyWhiplash

I put some of the pg/vg onto a spoon yesterday with some full melt bubble. Heating it up with a lighter and mixed with a toothpic. Then I filled an old working Omi Cart, and put it on my adapted thermovape rev. With 2 second blasts, I was puffing hard and huge.

Taste - nasty as hell - it was the flavored shit - Not my cup of tea, I want to taste my melt

Throat - burning toward the end - probably the too high voltage making it too hot?

High - Fucking pounding headache. BZZZZZZZ try again.

I think we need advice here GV!

SnidelyWhiplash,
Top Bottom