Gentleman's Brand Vapes

So my first DA seemed really nice, but won't take a charge. It's either the battery or the female USB jack. Gentleman's customer service has been superb and they're sending me out a replacement. There was a nice little cache of cool extras included with the DA, including a nice metal mouthpiece which is easily my favorite match for the Omicron.

charliedontsurf,
is that the "helix swirl, heat dissipating mouthtip" as mentioned in post #201?

Nope, nothing Helix-y about it, just a simple straight little metal mouthpiece. It actually has a bad habit of popping off but the airflow seems to make better vapor than the stock Omicron silicone or Kertong's awesome Omicron-MFLB stem mod.

charliedontsurf,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Nope, nothing Helix-y about it, just a simple straight little metal mouthpiece. It actually has a bad habit of popping off but the airflow seems to make better vapor than the stock Omicron silicone or Kertong's awesome Omicron-MFLB stem mod.
yeah i have the new mouthpiece w/ the Persei and the Omi. V2. guessing it's similar to a all driptip metal mouthpieces?

Bob Loblaw,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Noob question here, so forgive me. I am totally new to these new-fangled devices these youngsters are using these days. :myday:

I just got my DA in the mail. It's charging up now and I'm looking at the parts trying to figure out what goes where. I have a fat cartridge and a skinny one. I assume these are empty, right? I also have to bottles of what looks to be hotel room shampoo. Am I supposed to pour this liquid into the cartridge or is that a no-no? If not, how do I load these little shampoo bottles full of liquid (G-liquid)? :shrug:

I have the "real" cartridges (not this kiddie stuff) at home waiting to be fired up, but I thought I would try some "e-cigging" in the meantime. Can anyone offer advice to this noob?? I found the instructions online (no instructions came with the unit at all) to be somewhat lacking in specifics to say the least.
:peace:

Stu,

SnidelyWhiplash

Yo! Dunno if anyone is talking about this... I ordered a 510 to omicron thread adapter on Friday. Showed up today... FYI I laid my Omi to rest after I got a Thermovape Rev - just works better with the extracts I'm using. Omi is pure liberation, the Thermo hits like a king but is serious pain in the ass to maintain.

So, I popped an old forgotton Omi cartridge onto the thermovape Rev...

Dude!! This sucker is hitting like a fog machine. I am being carful to only hold for a few seconds and then let it cool down.

So, What can I expect here, is the cart gonna burn up really fast? So far ass kicking for 5 bucks. I want to play with other batteries/voltages and persei carts....

SnidelyWhiplash,

SnidelyWhiplash

Just got an adapter in the mail, and hit an omi cart on my Thermovape rev... its hitting MAD hard (hopefully doesn't meltdown fast)

Question, I got a vial of g-liquid for free with my order (Thanks!). It say's no nicotine on it... What is it then? Just flavored fog? Or is there a herbal buzz of some kind?

Thanks guys, dope adapter!

SnidelyWhiplash,

SnidelyWhiplash

Hmmm, as I read, it appears I can mix this with full melt and then use it in a normal cart? That is really ass kicking. Any guides?

SnidelyWhiplash,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
yes, it will, you can get the same results as the rev, with the Omicron with 1.5 ohm cartridges.

also please keep Omicron questions in the Omicron thread so that we can better help you.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Just got an adapter in the mail, and hit an omi cart on my Thermovape rev... its hitting MAD hard (hopefully doesn't meltdown fast)

Question, I got a vial of g-liquid for free with my order (Thanks!). It say's no nicotine on it... What is it then? Just flavored fog? Or is there a herbal buzz of some kind?

Thanks guys, dope adapter!

What voltage are you using to run your Omicron cart? Rev works at 6v unless you put a 3.7v battery in there. The standard Omicron cart is 2.4oms and needs to run on a 3.7v battery, the 6v will over heat your cart and make it die much faster...in case you didn't already know this.

jambandphan03,

SnidelyWhiplash

I guessed as much, I just figured they were just laying around so why not. It's seriously delivering. THC said 1.5 carts on the Omi will give similar results...

SnidelyWhiplash,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
you guys trying to use the liquids should look into ECF http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ they have a good newbie forum and people there will answer just about any question you might come up with reguarding using ecigs and juice. They don't however take kindly to discussing pot related things, it is strictly a nic or non nic forum, so keep that in mind when posting. Still an excellent source of information.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

SnidelyWhiplash

Hmmm just tried, It melted nicely into a liqud and it vapes strong. Im just too medicated to tell if its getting me higher.... Def puffing huge though, and the ice hash is def in there....

Like I hold the thermo for 2 second while sucking hard... and thats it, I puff like the magic dragon...

SnidelyWhiplash,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
sigh:ugh: So, i originally ordered a thread unlocker for my 510 ego-T so it would work w/ an omicron cart. i was one of those who got a bad batch. the threads matched, but the circumference was too big so some carts would tighten and others wouldn't. those that would lock could still be kicked out easy with the slightest tap.. was refunded and told i would receive a replacement free of charge. with my refund i pre-ordered the DA, hoping to reward good customer service, as well as have an extra unlocker as one came w/ the DA. instead, i never received a replacement and the unlocker that came with the DA has the exact same problem ( two pieces, one screws into the other. the one that is supposed to connect to an omi cart can be screwed into by the second. ergo it should fit an omicron if in that same space an omicron cart is supposed to go their, right? stands to reason? it doesn't and nothing seems to fit the threads of that second piece, either). of course my high ohm carts fit (barely and w/ a non-tight threading still) except for one and all of my low ohm carts don't. frustrated. on TOP of all that i have two of the same exact style large tank size cartomizer, a cheap as hell usb charger,mouthtips for carts that aren't in this set, and no e.. sorry, G-juice. on the other hand both carts were full of juice (possibly medicated?). also i'm missing the longer cover. What exactly makes this a Double Agent? i thought that two types of carts at least or a functioning thread unlocker. I own an ego-T and for the same price that i paid for this DA i got 2 pens of a very similar style(only the button lights up instead of the ring and mine's 1000mah, also vapes steady at 3.7 instead of variable), instead of one, a decent usb charger as well as plug-in usb to wall adapter, two atomizers and 5 tanks (against the DA's two cartomizers, i basically get 3 more tanks?), and an omicron v1 style carrying case. found another company that makes unlockers so we'll see how that goes. other than the possibility the carts have meds (as a medical grower and patient meds aren't a problem for me, would rather have had a working unlocker) what makes this a better deal? seriously wouldn't have even called you out on this rip-off ego if the unlocker worked. what gives?

Bob Loblaw,

2clicker

Observer
found a package on my doorstep today. got my adapter sorted out (thanks Julie!) and something else was in there as well... :spliff: I was asked to do some testing so testing i will do. pictured on the R is of my DA with new tank, and on the left is a detonator with RX adapter and Omi cart. you can see the batteries and charger in the back.

unfortunately ive only got the 2.4ohm Omi carts, but i will be getting some 5.0ohm carts to rip on the detonator at 7.4V. pics and video to come for both of these devices.

photo7-1.jpg

im also planning on trying to mix some of my oil into the PG/VG and try out the tank.

2clicker,

bruno13

insomniac
sigh:ugh: So, i originally ordered a thread unlocker for my 510 ego-T so it would work w/ an omicron cart. i was one of those who got a bad batch. the threads matched, but the circumference was too big so some carts would tighten and others wouldn't. those that would lock could still be kicked out easy with the slightest tap.. was refunded and told i would receive a replacement free of charge. with my refund i pre-ordered the DA, hoping to reward good customer service, as well as have an extra unlocker as one came w/ the DA. instead, i never received a replacement and the unlocker that came with the DA has the exact same problem ( two pieces, one screws into the other. the one that is supposed to connect to an omi cart can be screwed into by the second. ergo it should fit an omicron if in that same space an omicron cart is supposed to go their, right? stands to reason? it doesn't and nothing seems to fit the threads of that second piece, either). of course my high ohm carts fit (barely and w/ a non-tight threading still) except for one and all of my low ohm carts don't. frustrated. on TOP of all that i have two of the same exact style large tank size cartomizer, a cheap as hell usb charger,mouthtips for carts that aren't in this set, and no e.. sorry, G-juice. on the other hand both carts were full of juice (possibly medicated?). also i'm missing the longer cover. What exactly makes this a Double Agent? i thought that two types of carts at least or a functioning thread unlocker. I own an ego-T and for the same price that i paid for this DA i got 2 pens of a very similar style(only the button lights up instead of the ring and mine's 1000mah, also vapes steady at 3.7 instead of variable), instead of one, a decent usb charger as well as plug-in usb to wall adapter, two atomizers and 5 tanks (against the DA's two cartomizers, i basically get 3 more tanks?), and an omicron v1 style carrying case. found another company that makes unlockers so we'll see how that goes. other than the possibility the carts have meds (as a medical grower and patient meds aren't a problem for me, would rather have had a working unlocker) what makes this a better deal? seriously wouldn't have even called you out on this rip-off ego if the unlocker worked. what gives?

What you are describing sounds like a 4081 thread, same pitch but larger diameter than omi. The omicron uses an M601. Here is a link to where to get one, be sure to select 510tom601

http://www.electronic-cigz.com/510tom6ad.html

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
What you are describing sounds like a 4081 thread, same pitch but larger diameter than omi. The omicron uses an M601. Here is a link to where to get one, be sure to select 510tom601

http://www.electronic-cigz.com/510tom6ad.html
yeah, it's exactly what i got last time. thanks, i picked up a bunch from them after this didn't work, again! so glad for 2clicker that he gets a free 7.4 rig. i have 5 packs of every ohm omicron cart, paid for my pen ( even tho i just wanted the adapter) to support what i thought was a good company, have already been screwed, but no proto for me :rant:

Bob Loblaw,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Well, after trying for the better part of the evening to get a buzz with this thing, I gave up and fired up my Vapolution.

I tried a Widow Maker cart full of some type of Pure Kush mixture. The strange thing was that I found it impossible to exhale visible vapor. I'm not sure if this is normal or not tbh. If I took cigar puffs I could cloud up the room, but it quickly dissipated. Any vapor I inhaled into my lungs would not be visibly exhaled. I probably took about 50 hits off of it waiting to feel something.... but nothing.

As this is my first attempt at using the device, I can not say for certain that the cartridge could be the problem, or maybe the "tincture" was too weak. All I know for certain is that the $40 I paid for that cartride could've bought me an 1/8 of good weed, so I'm kinda bummed about that. The taste was not overpowering, but unidentifiably odd in my opinion. I kept trying to come up with a similar taste to compare it to, but I just couldn't. The closest I can come up with is that it's similar to the way a new toy baloon smells before it's blown up (if that made any sense to anyone).

I did also throw on a regular cart of GDP and to be fair it hit much harder than the Widow Maker. I got visible vapor exhales with the normal cart and the taste was more palatable for some reason. I will see if I can get any affect from the GDP cart tomorrow, but I'm done testing for the night. I need some real weed.

Also kinda strange that the unit came with no instructions whatsoever, and the .pdf file on their website doesn't explain much either (like how to fill a cartridge, how much to load into a cart, bla bla bla). Their online chat doesn't seem to work anymore so I did send an email that has gone unanswered to this point.

I was really hoping to use this device for some international travel next month, but I'm not so sure now. Has anyone used a THC cart with this device with any success? I'd like to know if it's even possible to medicate with at all.

FWIW I tried the Widow Maker cart at 3.2, 3.7, and 4.2, but I only tried the regular cart at 3.2 (better results that the WM for some reason).

:peace:

2clicker

Observer
yeah, it's exactly what i got last time. thanks, i picked up a bunch from them after this didn't work, again! so glad for 2clicker that he gets a free 7.4 rig. i have 5 packs of every ohm omicron cart, paid for my pen ( even tho i just wanted the adapter) to support what i thought was a good company, have already been screwed, but no proto for me :rant:

for the record the detonator wasnt offered to amend a problem. they asked me weeks ago about testing it after i contacted them and its just now arriving... with my RX adapter coincidentally.

it sucks your adapters havent worked out, but im sure Julie will get you the right one.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
for the record the detonator wasnt offered to amend a problem. they asked me weeks ago about testing it after i contacted them and its just now arriving... with my RX adapter coincidentally.

it sucks your adapters havent worked out, but im sure Julie will get you the right one.
i figured about the detonator, just bitter to once again have bought a pen right before a better version is released, also about being told my adapter order would be replaced, it wasn't and then having another crappy adapter sent out with a paid for product. they have to know that they were sending out the wrong product and i guess i thought they would make SURE i didn't get a 4081 or whatever on accident. i didn't even give them crap about not sending a replacement since they refunded my money. but i DID expect my DA to come with the right ones. and all of its parts.

Bob Loblaw,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
are you using Omi carts with your DA?
No. I'm using the THC infused carts that I bought from their distributor.

I may pick up an omni cart to play with, but I was hoping the pre-packaged and sealed glycerin carts could be used for medicating during travel.

Stu,
Top Bottom