***Gamers*** What are you playing?

SmokingElectricity

PSN users..

we got some free games yesterday...

anyone that got Dead Nation and is willing to invest 2-3 hours for a co-op gold trophy add me...

mod note: personal info removed

Last edited by a moderator:
SmokingElectricity,

wake n blake

A Weed Nerd
My backlog is getting ridiculous
Still wanna play crysis 2 and dead space 2
Witcher 2
Finish infamous before sequel comes out
La noire
Resonance of fate
And some iPad games I bought but haven't touched...

oh and Dragon Age 2 and Portal 2

And this little game called Gemini Rue--supposed to be stellar

wake n blake,

mlo4sho

Waiting patiently for Guild Wars 2. Oh and that Dead Island for the consoles kinda grabbed my attention.

mlo4sho,

steiner666

Serial vapist
mlo4sho said:
Waiting patiently for Guild Wars 2. Oh and that Dead Island for the consoles kinda grabbed my attention.

fuck yeah, ive been waiting for GW2 for ages it seems. it just keeps lookign like a sweeter and sweeter game too, plus it will probably be subscription free im guessing.

I know i've recommended this game here before, but i thought i'd mention Killing Floor again for all the PC gamers out there because theyre going to have a summer even thing going on from june 30th-july 22nd, during which at some point im sure the game will be discounted even further off its $20 price tag.

Check out the trailer, it really speaks for itself how awesome this game is lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RG3hLZvEFg

if you love guns and/or killing zombies, you owe it to yourself to play this game. im nearing 800 hours in this game on Steam over the past cvouple years

steiner666,
Killing floor was fun for awhile, I had my 10-15 hours of good fun with it. There isn't enough for me to really keep at it after that point though.

Tripwire Interactive, the developer, is responsible for one of my favorites FPS' of all time, Red Orchestra, a WW2 Eastern-front 50 player game with a massive focus on realism. I've wasted what must be hundreds playing that and its mod, Darkest Hour.

The sequel, Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad has been pushed back like twice now, it's a bummer. When that game comes out, it WILL be what finally forces me to upgrade my system.

charliedontsurf,

deke

Vapeosaurus
What do you guys think of LA Noire? I liked it once I got accustomed to it being more of a playable movie than a game. Good game to vape with too, with lots of cut scenes and pretty graphics. Still, I regret buying it. I should have just rented. Once beaten, there's not much incentive to play anymore.

I traded it in and bought Red Dead Redemption, which I somehow had never played. I love GTA games so it's kind of weird I wasn't all over it from day one. Anyway, I spent most of this past weekend with my EQ vape and XBox, riding across the land, shooting bears, lassoing horses and redeeming my past transgressions (I got a little too into it).

deke,

Carbon

GTA IV and it's expansions (highly recommended) are top notch to play when vaked. I picked up LA Noire and it's quite boring really. When I first got Red Dead I'd stay up for hours playing it just so th experience wouldn't end. LA Noire never really caught me, though I keep grinding a case or two out every so often.

Carbon,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
I played through LA Noire (the ending sucked) once and attempted to go through again but got bored halfway. I was hoping the story would change more the 2nd time around. It was cool the 1st time. The graphics are just insane.

I grabbed RDR Undead Nightmare but haven't had a chance to get into it yet. I need to pick up the original RDR as well.

I'm hooked on NHL11 at the moment tho. Love it

JDSupreme,

SmokingElectricity

Just plat Last Rebellion last night and chipping away bit by bit at Arcana Hearts 3.

EDIT: Still looking for a co-op partner in Dead Nation. 2 hours = gold trophy

mod note: personal info removed

Last edited by a moderator:
SmokingElectricity,

deke

Vapeosaurus
What tripped me out about LA Noire were scenes where you were interrogating some witness who clearly didn't commit the crime but look away or touch their face while answering your question. Obviously you 'Doubt' them, where in the real world you might press a little harder with your questioning, but in the game your character flips out and basically accuses them of murder.

I think the most frustrating thing about the game is it doesn't seem like it would have been too hard to follow the RDR/GTA template or engine or whatever and make the game a little more open-world and challenging. LA Noire has a big, beautiful, detailed city but it just isn't as fun to cruise around and do random things as it is in those other games.

deke,

mudstar

Humanist & Discgolfer
I'm also playing through L.A. Noire as others have mentioned...probably about 2/3 finished. Gotta agree with what some above posters have said about the city being beautiful and detailed, but, in the end, just not that fun to explore.

I find myself letting my partner drive to almost every location, while in GTA or RDR I rarely used the quick travel... There's just no real incentive to exploring much, and I'm someone who enjoys taking my time and soaking in the game world. And the film reels are not an incentive to explore...I have yet to find a film reel, even though there are supposedly 50...It's not like I'm doing a speedrun, either. I've logged some 25 hours or so and, like I said, am only around 2/3 complete.

I do love the attempt to do something different and, for the most part, feel that L.A. Noire is a success. With a few tweaks, a sequel could be great. I'm hoping it at least sold well enough to demonstrate that there's room in the market for something other than a first person shooter or Madden (not that those aren't enjoyable games).

Cheers,
mudstar

mudstar,

Lily

I play WoW and various Steam games. I also really like Infamous and Little Big Planet on PS3. :)

Lily,

Orestes

Magus Septimus
I'm playing FFVIII on my PSP! Briliant. I know it has some problems, but I love the GF system and I think the design is the best of the franchise; aesthetically, anyway. Obviously the new stuff looks shinier, but everything from 10 on looks the same to me, and I find it utterly lifeless. All the models and backgrounds in 8 look great... 12 years later

Orestes,

steiner666

Serial vapist
So who's ready for Battlefield 3?! :D I pre-ordered it today on EA's new(ish) digital distribution service Origin. Originally, i wasnt going to get the game because it's not on Steam and requires a separate Steam-like client, and cause its $60 which i think is way too much for any game. But after watching so much and reading so much about it, I couldnt resist buying it.

Unlike BF2, this one has a more linear scripted single player campaign story mode (BF2 had no SP story mode), a separate 2-player co-op campaign (HUGE selling point for me), as well as the typical crazy 64-player battle modes. Lots of gameplay modes, good PC optimization, 3DVision support.... yeah, I was sold lol.

Here's a good concise video, in case any of you somehow managed to not see this games awesomeness yet:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDDfPxF3EFE

btw, if you set up an Origin account, add me! It'd be cool to play with some fellow FC members. My username is Ubelsteiner

steiner666,

SD_haze

I'll be getting it but for the ps3, dont think I can play with PC players (dunno?)

SD_haze,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
You guys can join me in a Cat & Mouse game in Dirt3 (PC version) almost every night, OhCrapNo is my sign in Windows Live.

I've also been playing F1 2011 a little, but so far I think I like the 2010 version better.

OhTheAgony,

lepstadder

I will be playing BF3 on 360 :(

12 v 12

I did get to play the caspain map on pc tho during the beta and it was sick!!

lepstadder,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
PS3--- Playing Rage and Madden 12
PC Gaming--- Dead Island(helped me deal with waiting for the new season of "Walking Dead" TV show on AMC)

Silver420Surfer,
Top Bottom