***Gamers*** What are you playing?

Portal 1 was a applause-worthy project. How hard to you have to work to make a puzzle game idiotic, ADD-riddled 16 year olds want to play? HARD. And they did it, effortlessly, with an amazing amount of character and aplomb considering the game only had one speaking character in GlaDOS.

Was massively disappinted by L4D and L4D2 though, Source completely dropped the ball on those for my money...

Very much looking forward to getting my hands on Portal 2.

charliedontsurf,

SmokingElectricity

started messing with Final Fantasy XIV Online again...

it's not horrible, but i gave up on it because it's not worth a monthly fee in it's current state. but it's still free to play because they know they fucked up and dropped the ball.

was really disappointed when it came out, but gonna give it another shot till sony get their shit straight.

SmokingElectricity,

colly

still playing team fortress 2 right now. waiting until PSN comes up so i can put portal on my PC :mad:

colly,

steiner666

Serial vapist
charliedontsurf said:
Portal 1 was a applause-worthy project. How hard to you have to work to make a puzzle game idiotic, ADD-riddled 16 year olds want to play? HARD. And they did it, effortlessly, with an amazing amount of character and aplomb considering the game only had one speaking character in GlaDOS.

Was massively disappinted by L4D and L4D2 though, Source completely dropped the ball on those for my money...

Very much looking forward to getting my hands on Portal 2.

i will agree on L4D2, but 1 is great fun now and then still...

still, neither game is as good at co-op survivalhorror as Killing Floor. im going on 800 hours on that game, L4D games have maybe 200 combined.

wish valve would just put out next HL game, bit after l4d2 im worried about the efgecy cross pltform developement will have on it....

steiner666,

Smokey

Cloud Master
Playing baked along with my girlfriend it's always been a great hobby xD We went through all New Supermariobros Wii in co-op mode, Donkey kong country returns (old school difficulty!), and littlebigplanet2.
Started playing Lords of the ring online that's free to play mmorpg.
Also I'm playing in my spare time alone at Dragon Age origins, discovered few days ago, loving it. Finishing Assassin's creed brotherhood too.

Smokey,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Finally decided to sell the Wii and get a 360/kinect.

I've been super hooked on LA Noire since it came out. Its so fucking cool. I thought it was going to be GTA in 1940's LA but its FAR from it....in a good way. The interrogation aspect is wild too.

JDSupreme,

nuvap

85% Sativa / 15% Indica
I've just started playing Rift. I didn't expect much from it but man was I wrong, it is a superb game. I'm at level 31 (of 50) at the moment and really looking forward to the end game stuff.

Totally recommended to the MMO fans out there.

nuvap,

Nosferatu

Castlevania Lords of Shadow turned out to be an EPIC at the same level of God Of War. Technically not as good or polished as say GOW3 but OH my god the charachters and story and atmosphere and gameplay are so good. Not to mention the bone chilling epic ending. WOW is all I could say when I finished it. Cant wait for the next one. A game I will never forget, really, something about it is so perfect. Very long and deep also. MUST PLAY!

Nosferatu,

VaporEyeSore

Assasins Creed Brotherhood.......Love it been playing for ages dont want to actualy finish it :lol:

Portal 2 ....... Cannot recomend this game enough. Great script great graphics great game i cant fualt this game on anything except being infuriatingly complicated at times but proportional to the joy when a solution to a puzzle is found.

Brink.......... Not bad its ok but very overrated and just another shooter imo

APB Reloaded .......... I love this game. Loved it before it failed last year and lovin it again. Make your charactor look like you customise yoor clothes to the Nth degree customise your car then go out and shoot the town up.It is now in open beta and its FREE !!!!!

If anyone is interested in playing APB go here http://www.gamersfirst.com/apb/ make an account and download and play. All free !

If you want to or are playing this let me know it would be great to hookup in game and help out. Or maybe we could get a FC clan together.:)

VaporEyeSore,

Carbon

Seeing the trailer for Modern Warfare 3 just got me amped. Screw these in between games made by Treyarch (World at War and Black Ops). It's all about Infinity Ward. I didn't realize the guys there settled their differences with Activision.

Carbon,

caseball2051

MW3 is being worked on by a slew of companies including raven software and sledgehammer games. Infinity isnt the same company that it was for MW2. The people that left IW now have their own developer company called respawn entertainment.

The MW3 trailer didnt really show me anything. Looks like another rehash with the same engine and mechanics. It looks dates to be honest. Ill pick it up used or on sale after it comes out.

Ive read that itll have more destructable environemnts and possibly 32 players online. Hoping they add some new stuff, the rehashes of COD4 are starting to run their course for me.

caseball2051,

SmokingElectricity

^^^most of the original IW left the company. it's basically all new staff. they also have another team working in conjunction on MW3, sledgehammer games. many of the old IW employees including the heads formed respawn games.

no they did not work everything out. they just started going to court yesterday.

SmokingElectricity,

forlorn1

reloader said:
Black ops online on playstation is fun vaped, glad sony is back online!:brow:

took forever! i picked up Killzone 3 last week and I am loving it. Fantastic game in single player and multiplayer. Portal 2 was also epic fun.

forlorn1,

rotax

Zaporist
I saw the MW3 teaser, and I'll admit, I've been teased. However, the whole CoD/MW track record is pretty disapointing...regardless of however many thousands/millions of players they have... Console FPS games/ports have been ruining PC FPS games for years now. No recent FPS (mainly ALL ports now) has impressed me.

I'm hoping Rage (by id software) will be worthy, but I've read John Carmack praising the XBox, so it could be "just another console FPS"...but if its a polished Borderlands, it has potential to be impressive.. MMO'd Borderlands (or just having a good mp implementation) would have been great.

I miss the days of Quake, honestly...futuristic maps, portals, weird energy weapons, and so on. When game play mattered...and not a bunch of filler videos and automated gaming that even a caveman could play.
Bring back games that require skill and strat instead of the "hold w+mouse1 and spam grenades" bullshit.

Been playing Global Agenda (FPS [well, technically 3rd person..]), has a bit of MMO style to it..just lacks content, I'd love to see a similar MMO/FPS concept w/ proper solo/coop content and zones. And incorporate PVP into zones appropriately.

Dirt3 has been pretty good, I like the snow, and new tracks, little more like the classic Coline McRae games.. The car handling and 'feel' is still great. They Gymkana (sp?) is different, and fun, for a while. But I'd still like to see more rally stuff (probably because I so enjoyed the classic CMR series).
How bout using Dirt2/3 engine and build a game called "Rally", and allow the car choices like Dirt2 had... /nods

Oh, and Blizzard, forget about milking WoW on, we've all gotten over that phase, and you've ruined it beyond resurrection...
Bring us Diablo 3 already! Thanks.

rotax,
Top Bottom