***Gamers*** What are you playing?

steiner666

Serial vapist
Lip465 said:
Dead Space 2, won't bother to play it high. I dont need a heart attack :cool:

lol yeah i love that game. Its good to see a series pick up the survival horror now that Resident Evil games seem to be more about action these days. I vaped a stem at every save point when i was beating DS2 lol in the dark on a 60" 3D display with big bassy headphones cranked up. made me jump quite a few times lol The games so much more intense than the first one, like there are a lot more necros to fight. sometimes they just swarm you like crazy and it really feels like youre fighting for your life. If you survive you might be out of healthkits and/or ammo too

Anyone into PC gaming should check out the new game Payday: The Heist. You can get it on steam for $20 or less, and its totally worth it. It's a 4-player co-op FPS and you and your buddies rob banks and pull off other heists. You need to complete objectives and fight against the cops/SWAT teams while you're doing them. It gets pretty intense! There are a lot of unlockables and upgrades. Theres the Assault, Sharpshooter, and Support perks and a ton of unlocks under each of them. I've been playing for probably 15 hours or so and I got my reputation level up to 50, but i've seen some guys with reps of 100+ already, so i got a lot of work cut out for me still! Check out the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc752Yc0NAA

It's a great value for how many hours of gameplay you'll get out of it.

And BF3 on PC is kinda disappointed TBH. The game itself is awesome, but there are bugs and issues that need patched BADLY before it can be fully enjoyed. For instance, there is negative mouse acceleration on that you cant turn off.... so moving your mouse a little makes it move a lot and moving your mouse a lot makes it move a little. Its hard to describe but basically the aiming is horrible, its something that they use on consoles so that ppl arent constantly overaiming at their targets when using thumbsticks, but it has NO place in the PC version, kinda makes it seem like they just ported console to PC. Plus the chat window in online matches is massive and blocks a lot of your view. Also connectivity and lag issues with online matches, but thats pretty common with massive new releases so I'll give that some time.

steiner666,

hereatlast

Looking forward to trying Battlefield 3. I missed the trial period IIRC, maybe I'll purchase in a month or two.

My PS3 plays mostly non-videogame entertainment duty but I hop on PSN to play COD and Portal 2 pretty often. (friend me! "hereatlast")

hereatlast,

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
stickstones said:
^^^

So how is it? Were you a COD player and can compare?

I play on PC. I'm a pretty big gamer. Played everything from NES to Xbox360 and PC games. RPGs to FPS.

I've played like 2-3 of the CoDs, the first one on xbox and pc, the other ones only on xbox. I enjoy them but Battlefield 3 is a whole nother level in my opinion. The new Frostbite 2 Engine is amazing as far as graphics and it runs very smoothly. Hit registry is great, when you find a server thats running great its awesome.

BF3 has a bunch of different modes as well to cater to different playstyles.

64 Player Conquest
32 Player Rush
32 Player Conquest
32 (and less) Squad deathmatch (basically TDM)

initially has 9 maps to play on, with each mode available to play on each map.
The maps are beautiful and HUGE. The Conquest Large maps (64 player) are really big and really fun with a lot of vehicles including jets (F-18s, ect.) helicopters (apaches, blackhawks, ect).
The Rush and deathmatch maps are smaller and more infantry-based. Larger rush maps have vehicles.

There's 4 "classes" each with their own set of customizable guns and gadgets. You unlock new scopes, tactical flashlights, laser sights, under-barrel attachments, foregrips, ect. for each gun in each class so there's a massive amount of unlocks. There are also vehicle specific unlocks for all the vehicles.

There's really no way I could recommend CoD over BF3, atleast on PC. If you are on Xbox/PS3 I can't really say because I havn't played it. But I can't imagine MW3 giving us anything "new" this year, while BF3 is a great game that has maps and modes with "CoD-style" gameplay while also offering the more vehicle-based open maps that we have come to expect from a Battlefield game.

MarcellusWiley,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Thanks MarcellusWiley. If anyone here has it on PS3 or XBOX360...can you play online multiplayer with two people at once like on Halo 3? COD2 only lets you play one at a time per console, but my son and I are only buying games with Halo style online multiplayer support.

hereatlast...I just started streaming torrent content from my PC to the PS3 for movies and TV shows. Are you doing this?

stickstones,

hereatlast

stickstones: I'm not streaming torrent content from PC to PS3 but am interested to hear how it works. I'm able to watch torrent content directly from my PC to TV with a HDMI hookup...this setup obviously hinges on my tube's close proximity to the PC. I cut cable a while ago with the help of two entertainment systems in my PC and PS3; torrent content comes from my PC and streaming services (Netflix/Hulu) from either (I pick up quite a few public and free channels as well living in a city, in HD no less...this has me covered for Sunday Football and the like). If I could watch all my torrent content on PS3 that could streamline my video watching nicely!

My interest in BW3 is even more piqued now. Another user on here was telling me about it recently and it sounds like the pace of gameplay is a major difference as well...probably due to the size and design of the maps? Either way, sounds like it'll be more than worth the purchase.

hereatlast,

Vaporgin.

Mt.BakerVaper
Who is getting stoked for Skyrim on the 11th?! :o

(edited: vaked and put wrong date)

Vaporgin.,
Well, Red Orchestra 2 is an awful mockery of the joy of the first game... The death of modern gaming continues unabated on all fronts.

charliedontsurf,

cluffy

Vaker
This is my first post in this thread, I'm a very casual gamer, PC only. I don't like to get heavily involved in games, no WOW or the likes for me. The one game I have played for 3 and 1/2 years and keep playing nearly every day is Trackmania. I played free for 2 years then they limited favorite servers so I paid the $40. There are just so many people making tracks out there, new ones all the time. I love the fact that you can play a race or two in less than 15 minutes. Also there are no car upgrades, everybody's equal, but you can customize the look of your vehicle. It's definitely worth trying the free version.

http://trackmaniaforever.com/

FYI: I'm cluffy on the 420 CrewSpeedway server(s).

Here's a gameplay video, graphics are MUCH better than shown: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4cNxfe3fJw

cluffy,

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
Still loving Battlefield 3.

Recently got in the DOTA 2 beta and am absolutely loving that as well!

MarcellusWiley,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
I have been playing Bodycount for Xbox360. It's a pretty cool game, but I think it's broken. It seems a tad bit buggy, and there is one area that seems nearly impossible to complete :| It's sort of a sequel to BLACK, but nowhere near as good...

I have also been rocking Earth Defense League 2 (killin' lotsa bugs yo!!!) :p

Bluntcrush,

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
paytonpenn said:
Anyone here use Onlive?

Not really interested until now...

With the update that will allow you to use your Ipad/ other tablets such as Kindle Fire to play Onlive games (Xbox 360 / PS3, ect.) wirelessly with their controller on your tablet. Pretty revolutionary.

I'm still a PC gamer mainly and wouldn't really have much use for this but I can't deny how revolutionary this could be for gaming/entertainment.

MarcellusWiley,

dannite

Durden's Own
Been playin':

Skyrim - way more than I want to admit
Battlefield3 - when my FPS buddies get online
Starcraft2 - when my RTS buddies get online

dannite,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I've recently started playing Dead Rising 2: Off the Record on pc.

This is NOT the same Dead Rising 2 with the motocross guy. This is Frank West from the first game, in the location of game 2, at the same time game 2 is supposed to be happening.

Basically this really should be called Dead Rising 3 because it is a different character than DR2, Different story/gameplay/goals etc. The only thing the same as DR2 is the location which I think was great.

I loved DR1, liked DR2 but it wasn't so great I thought, and I'm really liking Off the Record.

If you loved DR1 but were a little let down with 2, I'd say play off the record. I've kind of striken DR 2 from my memory and just pretend this is the 2nd game haha.

darkrom,
Top Bottom