Fuck the Parkinson's, the Dr just gave me a reason to smoke MORE!

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
1z6aazl.jpg
:shrug:

30iyhq0.jpg

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Well, it's official, mostly. More surgery for me. De ja vu. :cry:

My occupational therapist said it looks like my extensor tendon to my index finger has also now snapped, just like my thumb tendon. Only way to fix this is more surgery. She had me go next door to see the surgeon, but he wasn't in today. They will be calling me soon. I'm supposed to see them on Monday, but the OT said I shouldn't wait. The surgery will have to wait until after August 1st, though, because of insurance issues. :(

Maybe I should change my title here to "Surgery Queen."

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict

My occupational therapist said it looks like my extensor tendon to my index finger has also now snapped, just like my thumb tendon. Only way to fix this is more surgery. She had me go next door to see the surgeon, but he wasn't in today. They will be calling me soon. I'm supposed to see them on Monday, but the OT said I shouldn't wait. The surgery will have to wait until after August 1st, though, because of insurance issues. :(

Oh Vicki......

16kuj4o.gif

VaporsVaporizer

On the Stoop

Oh NO!!! You're really having some bad luck with that hand Vicki. I can't even imagine how frustrated you are right now. :( That fucking blows :cuss:

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Oh Vicki......

16kuj4o.gif

I wish to god I were. I cried all the way home, even though I knew I was going to need surgery the day it happened. This is the same index finger that he "borrowed" a tendon from to graft to my thumb tendon repair.

Oh NO!!! You're really having some bad luck with that hand Vicki. I can't even imagine how frustrated you are right now. :( That fucking blows :cuss:

I'm about to lose it, honestly. This couldn't have happened at a worse time either because we are losing our health insurance for a month in July.

VaporsVaporizer

On the Stoop
No, no warning about any of this, but I did so some research on the Internet. It would seem that this does happen to a small percentage of patients. It would figure that I fall into that group. :(

I love my surgeon.
OK, glad you love your surgeon :tup: but, all potential complications should have been discussed . Even if it is just a slight risk.
As we all know, every surgery has risks and benefits . I'm really sorry you're going through this :( It's just not fair that you have to do it all over again.

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
OK, glad you love your surgeon :tup: but, all potential complications should have been discussed . Even if it is just a slight risk.
As we all know, every surgery has risks and benefits . I'm really sorry you're going through this :( It's just not fair that you have to do it all over again.

I agree, but in my case, I couldn't chose to not have surgery. The first surgery (broken arm) needed a plate and 12 screws. The 2nd surgery had to be done because I had no function in my left thumb at all. Now, I have very little function in my left index finger. No way it will work again without surgery.

My OT told me how my surgeon will probably do this surgery. She said he would take the tendon from the underneath part of my wrist and graft that to the index finger. That means he will be cutting into the same area as my first surgery.

VaporsVaporizer

On the Stoop
I agree, but in my case, I couldn't chose to not have surgery. The first surgery (broken arm) needed a plate and 12 screws. The 2nd surgery had to be done because I had no function in my left thumb at all. Now, I have very little function in my left index finger. No way it will work again without surgery.

My OT told me how my surgeon will probably do this surgery. She said he would take the tendon from the underneath part of my wrist and graft that to the index finger. That means he will be cutting into the same area as my first surgery.
Oh, i agree that there was no way to avoid surgery either time. I'm just saying that they are supposed to tell you about all the risks . It might even be in that crazy consent form they made you sign .
There are never any guarantee's with surgery, EVER. I hope this is your last surgery :tup:

Top Bottom