Fuck the Parkinson's, the Dr just gave me a reason to smoke MORE!

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
I'm laughing so hard I got...

thidH_zpsf25e9e41.jpg

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Looks like we will be losing our health insurance for the month of July. :( All my medical care will be on hold for that time period, including my medications, and occupational therapy. I do have Medicare part B, but that doesn't cover much.

It could be much worse. Hubby almost didn't have a job at the end of this month, but that is not the case now. For that, we are truly grateful!!

Thank god I can't be denied for my pre-existing conditions by the new insurance company too.

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I don't know why I'm consistently given challenges. My boss is like a father to me. His family has become my family. Yesterday, his son was diagnosed with HIV. He's 25. He chose to tell me first as he said he couldn't possibly deal with telling his parents yet.

I had to deliver the news to his parents and it devastated them. After seeing my boss so hurt I stepped into the restroom and completely broke down. I was up late last night talking to his son and his fear of being treated differently or that he would shame his parents has got him twisted out of sorts. I know the disease is very different today but I can't help feeling his pain. I promised him that there is no shame and that my wife and I are here for him whenever he needs.

My heart breaks for Russell and I understand we all make choices in life but now isn't the time to focus on that. He needs unconditional love and I promise to do just that.

As always thanks for the support and the prayers as well as white light. I need it bad.

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
@mvapes , while you have had an unreal amount of challenges given to you in the last year, one thing you always have to remember is that you are not given anything in this life time that you cannot handle or make better in some way. We all have missions in our life to fulfill. And it seems to me that, so far, you've done a great job of handling the challenges coming your way. If anything; they seem to have made you a stronger and better person.

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Last edited:

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
I haven't posted in a short while. Things here are not the same - they never will be again. My best friend of 45 years passed suddenly. It is still inconceivable to me - almost not real. Without Joe, I would not be where I am today. I'd probably be living in the street, or maybe not at all. My career I owe to Joe, and the house I've been able to maintain. Every ball game, concert, July 4th, New Years, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanukkah, home made meal, community & political activist activity, meaningful conversation, book I've read, music album enjoyed, personal emotional crisis, beach & bicycle & exercise & picnic & BBQ & Frisbee & football & &&&&&&&&... EVERYTHING was with my best and only true close friend and confidant, Joe. He was my lifeline, the center from which I now have now bearing, no compass, no real life. The house is empty, the neighborhood is empty, the days are a bottomless pit of stomach and heart ache. No hunger, no thirst, no desires, no motivation - it is an effort to breath. I took too much for granted. I received so much more than I gave. Never again will I have what I've lost. And it's not just me who has lost, there were many who lost Joe - their pain is also gut deep, soul deep. Joe worked hard all his life. Taught special education severely emotional disturbed and mentally challenged children for 30 years. He just retired last year with the most cheerful outlook for a long & leisurely and exciting second life. His passing is an incalculable loss. Joe was a Universe of godly proportion. What now?

I didn't realize what I had to the incredible extent I do now. I am lost. The roots of my existence for the greatest part of my life have been cut from my body, and I feel my leaves and branches and stems and trunk withering away, fast and irrevocably. Loneliness and despair are words that fall far too short.

Until they are gone, you really just don't know.

I expect I will experience this again & again when my beloved Baboo, Riker, Jupiter, and Radio pass, as many have passed before them. It never gets easier, only more difficult.

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I haven't posted in a short while. Things here are not the same - they never will be again. My best friend of 45 years passed suddenly. It is still inconceivable to me - almost not real. Without Joe, I would not be where I am today. I'd probably be living in the street, or maybe not at all. My career I owe to Joe, and the house I've been able to maintain. Every ball game, concert, July 4th, New Years, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanukkah, home made meal, community & political activist activity, meaningful conversation, book I've read, music album enjoyed, personal emotional crisis, beach & bicycle & exercise & picnic & BBQ & Frisbee & football & &&&&&&&&... EVERYTHING was with my best and only true close friend and confidant, Joe. He was my lifeline, the center from which I now have now bearing, no compass, no real life. The house is empty, the neighborhood is empty, the days are a bottomless pit of stomach and heart ache. No hunger, no thirst, no desires, no motivation - it is an effort to breath. I took too much for granted. I received so much more than I gave. Never again will I have what I've lost. And it's not just me who has lost, there were many who lost Joe - their pain is also gut deep, soul deep. Joe worked hard all his life. Taught special education severely emotional disturbed and mentally challenged children for 30 years. He just retired last year with the most cheerful outlook for a long & leisurely and exciting second life. His passing is an incalculable loss. Joe was a Universe of godly proportion. What now?

I didn't realize what I had to the incredible extent I do now. I am lost. The roots of my existence for the greatest part of my life have been cut from my body, and I feel my leaves and branches and stems and trunk withering away, fast and irrevocably. Loneliness and despair are words that fall far too short.

Until they are gone, you really just don't know.

I expect I will experience this again & again when my beloved Baboo, Riker, Jupiter, and Radio pass, as many have passed before them. It never gets easier, only more difficult.

I'm sorry. :(

Top Bottom