Fuck the Parkinson's, the Dr just gave me a reason to smoke MORE!

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
@Vicki - I'm sorry for your pain. I know how it is here and being in the chair wondering if it's time to disclose anything. Just when you think you have a doctor you can trust they prove that your just another patient. It's unfortunate that most don't feel the pain we go through. How can anyone relate to something they've never experienced. The best psychiatrist I have had was absolutely batshit crazy. He knew what it was like to be nuts! Treatment was appropriate. :cool:

We feel your pain. Vicki your day in the son will come. You deserve it!.

As always, don't be afraid to reach out.

And @deadheadbill - you might want to check snapchat, I've realized you open messages once every 3 months! :ko:

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
So sorry vicki, sounds like typical florida docs. I hope you get this all fixed up and back to almost new. I am honest with my docs but that is the only way I know how to be. but that being said if I didn't want to say anything it wouldn't worry me that they don't know. I am one of those sickos that love anesthesia and I wake up very fast from it and eat a huge meal in recovery. I got fussed at every time I did it. I guess I won't be doing that anymore since I don't do docs.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
During my office visit today, he said, "I wish I had seen you 2 months ago, you wouldn't be going through this." I started to tear up, but wouldn't let myself cry in front of him. I'm just glad my regular doctor encouraged me to get the 2nd opinion.

I'm glad you were honest @momofthegoons I just don't feel comfortable admitting I use cannabis. My regular doctor doesn't even know, but I am contemplating discussing the subject with her if MMJ gets passed here in the near future. See how she feels about it.

I just hate being put under major anesthesia. But I do feel better knowing you've had multiple surgeries and not had to say anything.

He told me that if I didn't have this corrective surgery that the only other option was to fuse the bone straight. That's how fucked my wrist is right now. I really despise the old Ortho doctor right now. :cuss:

Here are a couple pics I took of my arm this afternoon after they removed the cast. You can actually see how my wrist if fucked up in the pics. It's the visible bump on my hand/wrist. I can't bend or twist my wrist very much at all, and I have to wear this brace until surgery. Then I get another cast. :(

90okud.jpg

289gdhy.jpg

I hate it when my bad feelings are confirmed. I hope it goes well for you.

On informing your physician: when I was admitted for acute angina, one of the first things I told the doctor who did the initial assessment was that I smoked about a joint a day. I also told my cardiologist immediately. I am not certain about this, but I don't think either of them ever recorded it. Regardless, I wanted them to know because I thought it might be pertinent to my issue. It never came up again so I assume it wasn't, but I didn't want to take chances.

If I were in your shoes, however, I wouldn't bring up my usage because I don't see how it is pertinent.

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Wow... they're doing this outpatient? Then for sure I wouldn't say anything.

The only thing I would advise is to not vape the morning of your surgery... and to take it a little easy the night before. Other than that I wouldn't worry.

As scary as the surgery may be, you've got to be happy this is finally going to be resolved Vicki! You've gone way too long like this.

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Wow... they're doing this outpatient? Then for sure I wouldn't say anything.

The only thing I would advise is to not vape the morning of your surgery... and to take it a little easy the night before. Other than that I wouldn't worry.

As scary as the surgery may be, you've got to be happy this is finally going to be resolved Vicki! You've gone way too long like this.

I was surprised too, but I prefer outpatient, and I hate the hospital. This way, I check in at 6:30am, and go home by 5PM.

I do just want this over. I'm still in a ton of pain too. The first Orthopedic surgeon didn't even tell me that my arm was broken completely through! No wonder I've been in so much pain, even in a cast. :disgust:

I'm gonna finish up my canna-cashew butter this week, and then save the rest of my canna-chocolate fudge for after the surgery.

I will never go to Florida Hospital or any of their doctor's EVER again! I told hubby that I would rather risk death, and be taken a little farther to ORMC. Fucking quacks. :rant:

Enchantre

Oil Painter
Vicki, I really do hope this goes even better than the doctor expects!

I am feeling better, thank you. After three days of feeling like I had Tabasco-dipped glass shreds for breakfast, and absolutely no energy whatsoever, I'm feeling a lot more like myself again. I'm even going to wander off to work soon. I hate calling in sick, I really do. I always feel guilty about it, even though I have sick leave, and my boss does not want sick people at work, spreading "the love"...

Edit: Okay, that was a bust. I got to work, entered in my sick leave requests, did a little training thing I needed to complete, took about four phone calls, and realized that I was about to pass out from exhaustion. Hubby drove over to pick me up (takes longer to drive than walk, seriously).

I'll be heading off to nap soon.

Last edited:

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I wanted to share something with you guy's. My wife sent me this song on my phone earlier and it couldn't come soon enough.

I've been a little in the dumps, nothing I'm ready to talk about but regardless it's had me down. Today I'm driving back from a meeting and I get a message with a song attached to it. It's not my kinda song but my wife said that while listening to the song on Pandora it actually shows the lyrics.

She said it brought tears to her eye's and made her think of me. When I got home today she hugged me and told me how proud she was of me for my bravery.

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I just found out that my Medicare part B coverage will pick up whatever my husband's insurance doesn't pay, up to 80%, minus my $147.00 yearly deductible! Thank GOD because we were going to have to pay over $3,000.00 out of our pocket just so I could get this surgery. And, yes, they want a certified check the day of the surgery.

I am so relieved. Now I can actually relax, and worry about the surgery and not the cost of it!

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Nausea has me for the last 2 days and I can barely walk on my right ankle. Its been a long time since I have had steroids injected directly into the joint, I can see its time for that to start again until the next biologic comes out. All I wanna do is vape, sleep, & stay warm, I can't believe its snowing again . . .

snow.jpg

VaporsVaporizer

On the Stoop
Vicki, i'm so glad someone is finally doing surgery! i was so shocked that they weren't when i you told us what kind of break it was.
I agree with everyone else , don't tell them you vape, it's not pertinent and Dr's are a strange bunch, if they prescribe things known to kill people , they feel ok about it! If you can, just lay off the day before. Most arm ortho cases are day surgeries unless you have other injuries that require care or if they do hips etc where you are immobile for a day or two. I'm sure you'll feel a lot better in a few weeks :tup:
Enchantre, hope your hubby finds a job soon and T-dub feel better soon!

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Thanks VV . . . @Vicki hope your surgery goes to plan and recovery is without complications. I tell my docs about cannabis, however, I have to get my Rheumatologist to sign my MMJ paperwork for the state so we have to talk about it. My PCP said he would sign it but his insurance company won't let him and my Dermatologist is cool. Honestly, at this point, if I was considering a new physician for my wellness team, their thoughts on cannabis would be paramount for me, and I would not hesitate to leave immediately if I found the environment unfriendly. I went the morphine sulfate route for 5 1/2 years . . . I've been there. For me opiates are great for short term recovery like dental or surgery or for end of life care but long term pain management with opiates is fraught with peril . . . even taking as prescribed . . .

Last edited:

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Thanks VV . . . @Vicki hope your surgery goes to plan and recovery is without complications. I tell my docs about cannabis, however, I have to get my Rheumatologist to sign my MMJ paperwork for the state so we have to talk about it. My PCP said he would sign it but his insurance company won't let him and my Dermatologist is cool. Honestly, at this point, if I was considering a new physician for my wellness team, their thoughts on cannabis would be paramount for me, and I would not hesitate to leave immediately if I found the environment unfriendly. I went the morphine sulfate route for 5 1/2 years . . . I've been there. For me opiates are great for short term recovery like dental or surgery or for end of life care but long term pain management with opiates is fraught with peril . . . even taking as prescribed . . .

Thanks, I hope you can get some pain relief soon, @t-dub

I'm hoping our state passes MMJ soon so I will be able to discuss it with my doctors. Starting with my regular doctor.

Top Bottom