Fuck the Parkinson's, the Dr just gave me a reason to smoke MORE!

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
http://www.healthaliciousness.com/articles/foods-highest-in-protein.php

Top 10 Foods Highest in Protein
protein dense foods, other protein rich foods,low calorie high protein snacks, and protein isolates.
turkey-breast.jpg

#1: Turkey Breast (and Chicken Breast)
Protein in 100gHalf-Breast (306g)Protein to Calorie Ratio
30g92g1g protein per 4.5 calories
Chicken: Chicken Breast (58g) provides 17g protein. Chicken Leg (69g) provides 18g protein. Chicken Thigh (37g) provides 9g protein. Click to see complete nutrition facts.

fish.jpg

#2: Fish (Tuna, Salmon, Halibut)
Protein in 100g3oz Fillet (85g)Protein to Calorie Ratio
26g22g1g protein per 4.5 calories
Other fish high in protein per fillet(3oz or 85g): Tuna (22g), Salmon (22g), Halibut (22g), Snapper (22g), Perch(21g), Flounder and Sole (21g), Cod (20g), Tilapia (17g). Click to see complete nutrition facts.

cottage-cheese.jpg

#3: Cheese (Non-fat Mozzarella)
Protein in 100g1oz Slice (28g)Protein to Calorie Ratio
32g9g1g protein per 4.7 calories
Other cheese high in protein per ounce(28g): Low-fat Cottage Cheese (5g), Low-fat Swiss Cheese (8g), Low-fat Cheddar (6g), Parmesan (10g), Romano (9g). *Low or Non Fat Mozzarella and Cottage Cheese provide the most protein per calorie, full fat cheeses typically only provide 1g protein per 20 calories, and are less optimal sources of protein.Click to see complete nutrition facts.

pork-chop.jpg

#4: Pork Loin (Chops)
Protein in 100g1 Chop (134g,~5oz)Protein to Calorie Ratio
25g33g1g protein per 5.2 calories
Sirloin Roast 3oz (28g) provides 23g of protein, Ham 3oz (28g) provides 18g of protein, 1 slice of bacon (8g) provides 3g of protein. Click to see complete nutrition facts.

roastbeef.JPG

#5: Lean Beef and Veal (Low Fat)
Protein in 100g3oz Slice (85g)Protein to Calorie Ratio
36g31g1g protein per 5.3 calories
T-Bone Steak 3oz (28g) provides 19g of protein, 1 Piece of Beef Jerky (20g) provides 7g of protein. Click to see complete nutrition facts.

fried-tofu.jpg

#6: Tofu
Protein in 100g3oz Slice (85g)Protein to Calorie Ratio
7g6g1g protein per 7.4 calories
Click to see complete nutrition facts.

soy-beans.jpg

#7: Beans (Mature Soy Beans)
Protein in 100g1 cup (172g)Protein to Calorie Ratio
17g29g1g protein per 10.4 calories
Other beans high in protein per cup cooked: Kidney Beans (17g), White Beans (17g), Lima Beans (15g), Fava Beans (14g), Black Beans (15g), Mung Beans (14g). Click to see complete nutrition facts.

eggs.jpg

#8: Eggs (Especially Egg Whites)
Protein in 100g1 Large Egg (50g)Protein to Calorie Ratio
13g6g1g protein per 12 calories
1 Egg White (33g) provides 4g protein, 1g protein to 4.4 calories.
Click to see complete nutrition facts.

milk-and-yogurt.jpg

#9: Yogurt, Milk, and Soymilk
Protein in 100g1 cup (245g)Protein to Calorie Ratio
6g14g1g protein per 18 calories
1 cup skim milk (245g) provides 8g protein, 1 cup soymilk (243g) provides 8g protein. Click to see complete nutrition facts.

squashseeds.JPG

#10: Nuts and Seeds (Pumpkin, Squash, and Watermelon Seeds, Peanuts, Almonds)
Protein in 100g1 Ounce (28g)Protein to Calorie Ratio
33g9g1g protein per 15.8 calories
Other nuts and seeds high in protein (grams proten per ounce (28g)): Peanuts (7g), Almonds (6g), Pistachios (6g), Sunflower Seeds (6g), Flaxseed (5g), Mixed Nuts (4g). Click to see complete nutrition facts.

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I've found the most important things to cut out (and one of the hardest) are sugar and processed foods. Sugar is as addictive as cocaine and is probably the most addictive substance we eat on a regular basis. If you can get past two weeks of not eating these, you find yourself not even craving them anymore.

Keep up the good work mvapes. It's hard as hell, but the end result will be so worth it.

spvrlv.jpg

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I've found the most important things to cut out (and one of the hardest) are sugar and processed foods. Sugar is as addictive as cocaine and is probably the most addictive substance we eat on a regular basis. If you can get past two weeks of not eating these, you find yourself not even craving them anymore.

Keep up the good work mvapes. It's hard as hell, but the end result will be so worth it.

spvrlv.jpg

About the meme.....:rofl:

You are so right @momofthegoons When we cut back on salt, everything tasted brinded to us. Once you get the crap out of your system, you don't crave it, and it may even seem repulsive to you. Or at least not as appealing.

@mvapes try having a couple boiled eggs for breakfast occasionally. :)

deadheadbill

I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...

I agree. Plus cheese. Cheese may not be so bad for you in moderation. But when you get the munchies and eat a whole log of aged vermont cheddar. Not so good. :D

Seriously though. I eat a 95% plant based diet and cheese is always my downfall.

^^^:lol:
I lost about 12 kilo's(26.455lbs) in a year by indeed cutting out a lot of sugar,no more real thing for a start(or other soft drinks etc.) and no more late night snacks(which mostly involved some form of chocolate)!;)
As i am an incredible sweet tooth i as yet haven't been able to cut out all sugar,but i have switched from canesugar to just using Sucanat for sweetening(my coffee and use in baking etc.).
Good to read you're feeling a bit better!:tup:

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
It's funny because I feel better as far as energy, a few pounds off and up and down my stairs isn't such the killer it was before. It's amazing to me how if you really listen to your body things will work out. Except for the fart's - they're usually full of shit!

So now I guess what I've done is I essentially detoxed my system of a bunch of crap. I still definitely feel a little light headed but i really believe that there's still evident issues from the increase of my dopa - meds.

Actually had an egg white on an english muffing this morning with a slice of white provolone on it. Then for for lunch a cup of grilled chicken made into a chicken salad with a teaspoon of mayo, sea salt, pepper, and a big jug of water.

I plan on a carrot, kale, and apple juice in about an hour and haven't planned dinner totally yet except for knowing I have some brown rice and spinach I have to use.

I need some dessert ideas, my buddy just told me some things about nuts that should be doing. She said I needed more nuts in my mouth! I'm not choking down enough fucking nuts! Fine, I'll go grab some nuts.

I need healthy snacks, and desserts. Or for that time you DO get the munchies and you need to eat something, it doesn't need to be bad for me. What do you guy's grab?

grokit

well-worn member
@mvapes, one thing that's very important is to keep your metabolism up, you want to make sure that you're emptying those bowls more than you're taking in if you want to get small :ko:

One heart-healthy supplement is a product called natural calm. It's magnesium citrate (very good for your heart), put a bit in hot water at bedtime and it hydrates your colon. But be very careful with the dosage, things can get quite... explosive if you overdo it. And that early am fart might not be one. Other things that can help are psyllium husk (I add it to instant oatmeal with bananas, which is also very good for metabolism/thyroid function), and perhaps a natural laxative like cascara sagrada in a pinch.

Other things to point out are that nuts are like cheese, not too much at one time! If you have raw organic nuts and soak them in water however, they are much better for you as your body can then actually break down and absorb the nutrients. Indeed, (tree) nuts become kind of a "superfood" like avocados when prepared this way, but of course they are much more fun to eat when roasted and salted. When I was a spa chef, I made a fake meatloaf with pearls of barley and soaked cashews that was actually pretty decent.

And the other thing I wanted to point out is about soy products. Stay away from tofu for the most part, even if it's organic--if it's an unfermented soy product it's bad for you. Tofu is not a whole food, in fact it's a waste product that comes from making soy milk, which I do not recommend drinking as a beverage for the same reason. Unfermented soy is bad for the brain, and is carcinogenic among other things:
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/09/18/soy-can-damage-your-health.aspx

In contrast, fermented soy products like tempeh and miso are extremely good for you. In fact my #1 nutritional recommendation is to look into fermented foods. If sauerkraut isn't your thing for example, perhaps kimchee might be more to your taste. Yogurt also is a big winner, plain greek variety has the most active cultures. These are the beneficial bacteria in your gut (acidophilus, bifidus, etc.), and they have a significant influence on your nervous system, at least according to eastern/integrative medicine.

Your friend is right. Nuts are a great healthy snack. So are sunflower seeds. Fiber will keep you full longer too.

One thing that's interesting about peanuts (as opposed to tree nuts), is that they all contain a toxic fungus under their inner skin. It's kind of the opposite the beneficial gut bacteria that I mentioned above, and it slows down your metabolism accordingly. So that's why a handful or three of peanuts can make you feel full enough to skip a meal, but also why they are the worst for you to gorge on.

There's one brand of peanut butter that claims to screen peanuts for this fungus, and that brand is arrowhead mills. And that fungus is the reason that blanched peanuts exist.

Last edited:

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I'm loving the food thoughts, grokit - thanks for taking time to be so in depth.

I just finished a great dinner, 97% lean ground turkey breast sautéed with a little olive oil, spinach, tomatoes, onions, peppers, a dash of sea salt over brown rice with a hand full of black beans.

I actually feel full. But not in the fat lug of shit way full. I feel good. I feel one step closer to seeing my junk.

And @Vicki - yeah, it's fucking cold here today. But after speaking with my mom who just got 15 inches of snow I feel pretty good about our situation.

:tup:

Campers Crumpet

What has been seen can not be unseen :|
I decided about 10 years ago to minimise processed foods and become educated about the foods we eat. There's loads of vids on youtube about food manufacturing and most of the processes will make you want to hurl.
The downside I've found in cutting out all processed meat (with the exception of the odd McBurger) is that when I eat some, I get really sick. My stomach goes into flip flops and punishes me with about 6 hours of heartburn then my intestines feel like they are biting me from the inside out and making me do rocket farts for days.
I also find I get judgmental about other peoples diets, especially when I see children getting fed hot dogs, chicken nuggets etc.

Hot dog anyone ?

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
There's loads of vids on youtube about food manufacturing and most of the processes will make you want to hurl.

I remember seeing a report on how chicken is processed a few years ago on 60 Minutes. I couldn't eat chicken for a year afterwards. I changed over to natural, organic chickens at that point and started buying from a local Amish supplier. I've deluded myself into thinking that they're methods of processing are cleaner.

Nobody burst that bubble please.... lol.

Campers Crumpet

His swagger was great, but not as good as Janice Joplin's. :D Now there was a gal who liked to party.

There used to be an old mansion owned by Gar Wood, down on the Detroit river. It was an abandoned mansion of sorts and had become a major party hangout after the concerts. A visit from Hell's Angels wasn't unheard of there either. I was there one night when Janice partied there. Let's just say she was the "belle of the ball." Emphasis on balling. :lol:
Are you serious ? I love Janis, I get so emotional when I think about the babies she should have had with Jim Morrison. I love them both so much :)
(I've been stalking old posts)

Chicken nuggets are made from the beaks and feet then dusted with bread crumbs. Om nom spew.

VaporsVaporizer

On the Stoop
Hi, i've been quiet lately ,but i am thinking of all of you . i'm actually down in Arlington, my Brother in law was diagnosed with stage 4 melanoma that's metzed to liver , lung, spleen and brain on NYE. Well he'll officially be my BIL on Sat, although my brother and BIL have been together for over 30 years. If there are any homophobes reading this , keep snarky comments to yourself please cause i don't care what you think & you'd also be offending me ;).
Showed my BIL how to use a vape last night and talked about indica's for pain etc. He liked vaping:tup: His Dr's recommended marijuana, but Va. is not a medical state. He's going to John's Hopkins for treatment, but it's terminal.
Anyway that's whats going on with me...
Feel better Mvapes, and all the FTPTDJGMARTSM crew:)

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Hi, i've been quiet lately ,but i am thinking of all of you . i'm actually down in Arlington, my Brother in law was diagnosed with stage 4 melanoma that's metzed to liver , lung, spleen and brain on NYE. Well he'll officially be my BIL on Sat, although my brother and BIL have been together for over 30 years. If there are any homophobes reading this , keep snarky comments to yourself please cause i don't care what you think & you'd also be offending me ;).
Showed my BIL how to use a vape last night and talked about indica's for pain etc. He liked vaping:tup: His Dr's recommended marijuana, but Va. is not a medical state. He's going to John's Hopkins for treatment, but it's terminal.

Sending good thoughts for your BIL. :)

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
I remember seeing a report on how chicken is processed a few years ago on 60 Minutes. I couldn't eat chicken for a year afterwards. I changed over to natural, organic chickens at that point and started buying from a local Amish supplier. I've deluded myself into thinking that they're methods of processing are cleaner.

Nobody burst that bubble please.... lol.
Yeah, it's gross the way chicken nuggets are made too..

Campers Crumpet

I'm home safely. I don't know what's causing this. I've had a couple of episodes in the last few days and I'm wondering if it has to do with my diet.

I went from eat all drink all to a diet of grains, vegetables, and water with a protein at dinner followed by fruit and/or yogurt for dessert.

I don't know if it's the PD, the mental health stuff or my diet.

Why can't shit be easy?
Your probably detoxing, things often get worse before they get better. Your taking the right steps :)

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker

hey VV,

I'm so sorry to hear about your brother in law. I could see how close you guy's are. I applaud your honesty too about they're sexuality. My brother was gay too, among many other family members along the line in the vapes family.

I promise to say a prayer for him and hope you can find peace with this as well.

Our thought's are with you.

Top Bottom