Fuck the Parkinson's, the Dr just gave me a reason to smoke MORE!

deadheadbill

I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...
Yeah. As long as your material is covered well with aluminum foil it will be fine. You can't do any harm at 225. At 350 I would be worried about losing actives.

I learned the old decarb with the peanut butter trick when making firecrackers. They are still my favorite quick fix edible.

You basically just measure out you dose, ie:.2 to .35 g. Grind fine and mix with the peanut butter, cover and bake. The resulting product can simply be spread on Ritz/Graham cracker. Used in a pbj, whatever.

I like to put on Ritz crackers which I then dip in that chocolate "shell" stuff you buy. Delicious and easy.

deadheadbill

I have never covered it with aluminum foil. Reason being was I thought it something comes off the herb during decarb, it will just stick to the aluminum foil cover, and I wouldn't be able to get it off anyway.

How do you decarb with peanut butter?

You basically just measure out your dose, ie: .2 to .35 g. Grind fine and mix with the peanut butter, cover and bake. The resulting product can simply be spread on Ritz/Graham cracker. Used in a pbj, whatever.

The heat is what decarbs it. So it will decarb while in Peanut Butter, Coconut oil, whatever. As long as it has a high fat content. I simply took your other Chai tea recipe exept for the heavy cream. Substituted Coconut oil with weed decarbed in it and it was great.

When you do this with coconut oil you have an instant edible which can be spread on regular or as I like cinnamon raisin toast. Basically anything you would use butter etc for.

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
You basically just measure out your dose, ie: .2 to .35 g. Grind fine and mix with the peanut butter, cover and bake. The resulting product can simply be spread on Ritz/Graham cracker. Used in a pbj, whatever.

The heat is what decarbs it. So it will decarb while in Peanut Butter, Coconut oil, whatever. As long as it has a high fat content. I simply took your other Chai tea recipe exept for the heavy cream. Substituted Coconut oil with weed decarbed in it and it was great.

When you do this with coconut oil you have an instant edible which can be spread on regular or as I like cinnamon raisin toast. Basically anything you would use butter etc for.

Oh wow, that's awesome!! I will have to give that a try!

deadheadbill

Oh, also. The aluminum foil is to hold in any actives that could get accidentally released as well as reduce odor. You should always let your material completely cool to room temp before removing the foil so those actives if released will absorb back into your material.

deadheadbill

deadheadbill

I prefer to think of myself as Geraldo Rivera. I dig thru the garbage of GC to find anything newsworthy. Yet most of the time I end up with Al Capones vault. Occasionally though...

:)

On the other hand, my knowledge of terms usually relegated to the Urban Dictionary has increased substantially.

Last edited:

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Stay strong !@mvapes I know how hard it can be when you become the "Face" of a disease to most of those around you. It's Not always so easy when your malady raises its ugly head in public, at times I foolishly even feel a sense of embarrassment and shame when symptoms of my illness are exposed to others.
I know I didn't choose to be the aids/hiv "poster child" to people I meet anymore then you the PD "poster child". Just wanted to let you know your not completely alone.
Hang on in there and keep up the fight.

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I'm home safely. I don't know what's causing this. I've had a couple of episodes in the last few days and I'm wondering if it has to do with my diet.

I went from eat all drink all to a diet of grains, vegetables, and water with a protein at dinner followed by fruit and/or yogurt for dessert.

I don't know if it's the PD, the mental health stuff or my diet.

Why can't shit be easy?

Also i'd watch the decrease in saltintake,too much salt is certainly bad on the long run,but not enough salt can be just as bad in the short.;)
Hope you figure it out Mvapes and start feeling better!
Also shit being easy would be very nice indeed,i agree completely there...:p

grokit

well-worn member
These are great concerns, but for me the biggest one is when fats are removed from one's diet.

Fat is what the body first looks to for energy and what the brain is made of, and you can lose weight on a high-fat diet if you are eating the right kinds of fat. Avoid trans and limit saturated fats for sure, but don't place limits on the good fats like are in greek yogurt, evoo, and avocados and nuts although you shouldn't eat too many nuts at one time. And when fats are cooked they lose their health benefits, and if they are brought to the point of smoking can become carcinogenic even evoo.

Saturated fats can be extremely good for you, but only if the animal it comes from is free-range and gets to eat fresh greens not grains. If not the fat is laden with bad cholesterol and you don't want it. In animal products, the toxins are concentrated in the fatty tissues, so organic is key for the more fatty meats.

An example is how I stopped buying ribeyes at the grocery store, now it's all ny strips and london broil unless I'm at a butcher/costco where the quality of meat is generally better like in restaurants. Same with chicken, if it's not organic it has to be at least natural and I get breasts only.

Last edited:

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
1zmpatc.png

grokit

well-worn member
^ Ha! The original doobie brothers.

So now it's the Seattle THChawks vs. the Mile High Denver Broncos in the:
  • Bong Bowl
  • Stoner Bowl
  • Oobie Doobie Bowl
  • Marijuana Bowl
  • 420 Bowl
  • Weed Bowl
  • Loda Bowl
  • Alpaca Bowl
  • Green Bowl
  • Real Bud Bowl
  • Smolka bowl
  • Bowl of pot, weed, etc
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/russ-belville/let-the-stoner-bowl-pot-p_b_4633704.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/russ-belville/let-the-stoner-bowl-pot-p_b_4633704.html
They should kick off 10 minutes earlier than scheduled denver time, @4:20 imo!
:party::popcorn:

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Feeling a little better. It seems to have been a combination of things. Between low protein, low salt, and just not getting enough calories on top of the adjustment in medication sent the ole spark plugs misfiring.

I tend to go full steam once I hit my rock bottom. When the the doctor told me to lose 2 kindergartners and a small dogs worth of weight I figured why not? I'll lose it in a week!

Well, doc says no - it took 40 years to shove that shit in its gonna take time to get rid of it.

So, with all of your help I am looking for easy heart healthy diet ideas.

Dr said protein is super important for me cause that's all my muscles are getting because I have PD.

Also, my farts could silence the 12th man in Seattle. Why?

Top Bottom