FlowerMate Vapormax V/V5.0/V5.0S/V5 Pro

Moar Nao

This shit is funny chinese getting a taste of their own medicine on the knockoffs.

LOL! well atleast the mouth piece looks better than the original...

Metal mouthpiece?? No thank-you! The silicon one gets hot enough at the end of a double session, I can't imagine what wrapping my lips around hot metal would feel like :s

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I like the Flowermate, but after revisiting the T-Vape I can't see myself wanting to choose the Flowermate over it. Sure the automatic control is great and convenient, but I guess its just not my preferred style of usage. I hold the FM in my hand even when not using, unfortunately I like to control my hits and not feel pressured to toke because vapor is going to be wasted. If there was some sort of sleep mode to get you back into the vapor under 10 seconds that would be great.

The T-Vape is far better in taste than the Flowermate, in my opinion its one of the tastiest vaporizers I've used, while abv flavor also comes out quickly the first few hits are pure, clean, and full of flavor (though the air path is stainless steel, silicon, and herb). Every hit with the Flowermate in comparison is noticeably dismal in comparison. The poor flavor comes from the device itself, the mouthpiece can also attribute but I have been using a glass mouthpiece since the beginning and it really helps point out where the foul flavors are coming from. The original mouthpiece doesn't have a great taste either, its much worse, I don't think I was able to fully remove its silicone taste.

Despite the poor flavor my girlfriend likes the Flowermate more than her Firewood, but this is just because its so easy to use and quick to get loaded and vaping. Also when its passed to a random person in a group setting there isn't a :shrug: kind of look on their face after trying to use it.

I do like that I don't have to pack with the Flowermate, the T-Vape IMO NEEDS to be packed for best results, but the T-Vape handles smaller loads way better and can extract further.

EDIT:
For the curious about how this device gets such amazing battery life, I know mine uses 2 Samsung ICR 18650-26F Batteries

http://amzn.com/B004TSKXO2

The design of the vaporizer is so simple someone could easily just replace the case with a wooden case and create a pure vapor path with that, I have a few designs stealthy designs in mind. ;)

Last edited:

Moar Nao

. . . someone said it earlier and I think they really hit the nail on the head: at this price, the Flowermate is the Bic Lighter of portable vaps. There are "Scripto" and "Zippo" vaps out there, but this one is the Bic :)

Side note, not sure if using a whip on the Arizer Q these last 2 years has tainted my tastes now but I'm not getting this harsh flavor from the Flowermate mouthpiece everyone is complaining about? That was actually the first thing I checked while charging the battery because it was such a strong point with folks. Just out of curiosity, do your mouth pieces have a slight texture to them? The silicon isn't glossy smooth? I'm wondering if Flowermate's changed anything up regarding this maybe considering all the comments?

Moar Nao,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I find the vapor to be harsh with heat towards the end of the bowl. I find dirty EQ tubes to be harsh with disgusting flavor.

Its a bit textured the white silicone mouthpiece is only smooth at the bottom, where it mates to the metal.

paytonpenn,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I like the Flowermate, but after revisiting the T-Vape I can't see myself wanting to choose the Flowermate over it. Sure the automatic control is great and convenient, but I guess its just not my preferred style of usage. I hold the FM in my hand even when not using, unfortunately I like to control my hits and not feel pressured to toke because vapor is going to be wasted. If there was some sort of sleep mode to get you back into the vapor under 10 seconds that would be great.

The T-Vape is far better in taste than the Flowermate, in my opinion its one of the tastiest vaporizers I've used, while abv flavor also comes out quickly the first few hits are pure, clean, and full of flavor (though the air path is stainless steel, silicon, and herb). Every hit with the Flowermate in comparison is noticeably dismal in comparison. The poor flavor comes from the device itself, the mouthpiece can also attribute but I have been using a glass mouthpiece since the beginning and it really helps point out where the foul flavors are coming from. The original mouthpiece doesn't have a great taste either, its much worse, I don't think I was able to fully remove its silicone taste.

Despite the poor flavor my girlfriend likes the Flowermate more than her Firewood, but this is just because its so easy to use and quick to get loaded and vaping. Also when its passed to a random person in a group setting there isn't a :shrug: kind of look on their face after trying to use it.

I do like that I don't have to pack with the Flowermate, the T-Vape IMO NEEDS to be packed for best results, but the T-Vape handles smaller loads way better and can extract further.

EDIT:
For the curious about how this device gets such amazing battery life, I know mine uses 2 Samsung ICR 18650-26F Batteries

http://amzn.com/B004TSKXO2

The design of the vaporizer is so simple someone could easily just replace the case with a wooden case and create a pure vapor path with that, I have a few designs stealthy designs in mind. ;)

Interesting, I mostly feel the same way about session vapes, but the Indica really changed my perspective on them. I've actually got a T-Vape 2.0 on the way now as well, so that will be an interesting comparison for me finally. the 2.0 does cost $180 though vs FlowerMate's $75-100 as others mentioned, but it also offers higher temps and removable battery. Comparing to the original T-Vape, I guess there's also more of a learning curve and much weaker battery right @paytonpenn ? I'm definitely with you on overall taste with the FlowerMate though, coming from a T1 Solo and Indica, it was pretty unbearable before I got that silicone taste out, but even then it still couldn't really compare. My brother has been very happy with it though, almost set him with a T-Vape but knew learning the ins and outs +battery would be more of an issue for them, so FM was a simpler/cheaper choice for their starter vape.

Shit Snacks,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Well it arrived quickly.. but stopped at customs.. First mistake of the seller was not to incl shipping costs in the commercial invoice.. but the device alone .DHL had to contact demanding one.. luckily he was on skype.. and he sent the revised one.. incl shipping cost.. I am wating for respond.. from DHL .. second.. they offered me for my comfort to pick it up for me (as a better option than redirecting it to my town customs, would have been less trouble lol) , missing to tell me few things which a learn via e-mail and the comunication is damn slow.. , well it demanded a notarial approval of some document + some printing and scanning and going to the customs to EORA (not sure if i spell right) number... and sent the documents trough their carrier for free... or wait 5 days till they demand it.. Mega pissed i called them and asked them how going to a notarius + copy studio + dhl courrier + customs is more comfortable.. for me than going to get it on my own.. and then the girl said.. U r right sir.. now looking from your point , i see that it definetly would be more comfortable for you to get it on your own.. 6-7 HOURS were wasted in waiting of the slow comunication 1 e-mail respond per 1-2 hours with template date and nothing of help... Pff told them to redirect it.. and they said it would be another 5 euro.. (7$) to redirect it so i can pick it up.. So the deal my gf got will end from 76.xx$ add 20% taxes to that + custom handling taxes... it will end at 100 $ and a more than a week wait.. since payment..
Only to mention i was order from Hong Kong not china.. so that might be the reason for the bad customs luck...

Abysmal Vapor,

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
atmos is selling the flowermate v now as liv vaporizer.
only difference is the metal mouthpiece

edit: sorry, someone was faster than me

mrweed,
Reactions: Kaptan

Kaptan

It looks like its also being marketed as a portable power pack to recharge your portable devices.

Kaptan,
Reactions: mrweed

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
yes, they call it a powerbank^^ so probably you can charge your smartphone with on the go

mrweed,
Reactions: Kaptan

caliwisp

Cali Dreamin'

Plus one BIG difference: the heating chamber is not all ceramic -- unfortunately it's the stupid old-school, burn your herbs mechanism of a heating coil at the bottom of a ceramic chamber.

caliwisp,

Tricuspid

Now I'm just hoping atleast one of the rebrands will get smart enough to actually look at this thread and start customizing to our demands.....:nod: and release V2.

What colour do you guys stop vaping your pot?.... I usually stop at 3rd because I find the 4th has a slight unpleasant changed in taste.... I always end up with light brown with some that are still green, my first time vaporizing I probably did 6 to 8 and the vaped pot was dark brown with some that is almost black.

LOL Atmos why did they put a coil in it? I will never buy a vaporizer with a coil in it.... I got duped by Grenco Science "Herbal Vaporizer for Flowers" BIG F LIE.

Kaptan

I have been getting a little better taste for a few more draws and more vapor production by using a fine screen cut to the size of the lip in the heating chamber. The screen comes back out easily with the cleaning tool. It also serves to keep the mouthpiece screen from getting clogged.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Just a reminder that the Organic Vapor Force XL is also a re-brand. This pissed me off because it means that the Organic Vapor rep at the Toronto CHAMPS tried to mislead me.
One more voodoo doll under my bed :D..

Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: Yoosh

GR1M

I happen to stumble on this thread and based on everything I read I ordered a FlowerMate from eBay. I plugged the FM in to charge and put the mouthpiece in consumable grain alcohol to soak. So then I started looking through the instructions...WTF?...one of the warnings state "Do not use the device when charging, though it can be used when charging."

I'm confused :huh:(not really)...can I use it while its charging OR NOT!

...as for how it works, I won't be able to comment on that until a little later...it's charging right now and I'm afraid I might collapse the universe if I use it while its charging. :rofl:

GR1M,

VaporsVaporizer

On the Stoop
I happen to stumble on this thread and based on everything I read I ordered a FlowerMate from eBay. I plugged the FM in to charge and put the mouthpiece in consumable grain alcohol to soak. So then I started looking through the instructions...WTF?...one of the warnings state "Do not use the device when charging, though it can be used when charging."

I'm confused :huh:(not really)...can I use it while its charging OR NOT!

...as for how it works, I won't be able to comment on that until a little later...it's charging right now and I'm afraid I might collapse the universe if I use it while its charging. :rofl:
I wouldn't, just let it charge fully, then use it.

VaporsVaporizer,

virtualpurple

... ePuffStore sells it for 100$ There is NO product you can find this price range features 0 combustion smooth vaping experience and more importantly NO SCREENS ...

Now-a-days you can find a number of vapes for around $100 that work.

Honest question here from a fairly new vaporist.

Why would you not want screens?

I find myself wishing that my ascent had a screen implanted before the glass stems because occasionally I'll inhale some ground vape, which I don't much enjoy.

I really like the dual screen system that the flowermate offers, but perhaps I'm naive to something here.

Thanks in advance,

VP

virtualpurple,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Honest question here from a fairly new vaporist.

Why would you not want screens?

I find myself wishing that my ascent had a screen implanted before the glass stems because occasionally I'll inhale some ground vape, which I don't much enjoy.

I really like the dual screen system that the flowermate offers, but perhaps I'm naive to something here.

Thanks in advance,

VP
Vapes shouldn't need screens, I for one am tired of them, they get clogged, reduce airflow, and don't get as clean as they should if they aren't removed for when you're cleaning the piece that contained it.

The Flowermate screen on the mouthpiece gets clogged very quickly for me, for some reason this isn't the case with my firewood mouthpiece I've made.

Some people like maximum airflow I know some people get headaches when the airflow gets restricted.

I agree inhaling herb is a huge inconvenience, I say V2 should have you drop the herb into a miniature zero gravity chamber.

But what dual screen system does the FM offer, if you're speaking of the screen on the bottom I personally don't think its that great herb still gets inside the vape.

virtualpurple

Vapes shouldn't need screens, I for one am tired of them, they get clogged, reduce airflow, and don't get as clean as they should if they aren't removed for when you're cleaning the piece that contained it.

The Flowermate screen on the mouthpiece gets clogged very quickly for me, for some reason this isn't the case with my firewood mouthpiece I've made.

Some people like maximum airflow I know some people get headaches when the airflow gets restricted.

I agree inhaling herb is a huge inconvenience, I say V2 should have you drop the herb into a miniature zero gravity chamber.

But what dual screen system does the FM offer, if you're speaking of the screen on the bottom I personally don't think its that great herb still gets inside the vape.

Paytonpenn,

I appreciate the quick reply. You are correct with what I was referring to when I mentioned dual screen system, I probably should have better qualified what I was referring to.

The only other vaporizer I'm familiar with is the DaVinci Ascent, though I do try to read up on the different models.

Can you give me an example of zero gravity chambers to refer to? I'm not familiar with them, but intrigued by the idea.

I do notice that I have to brush off the mouthpiece on my flowermate. It has not bothered me a terrible amount, but I do like the idea of having an easier draw for sure.

virtualpurple,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

GR1M

Okay...I spent a moment with the FlowerMate and I really like it. No shitty robot fart taste. Vapor quality is nice. It makes enough to make me cough, so that's plenty for me. I can't wait to take it out for a walk.

On another note, I stood the FM next to my PAX and the FM is like two PAX's side by side in size. So its about almost exactly twice the size as the PAX, but if it turns out to be more reliable it will be worth it. (PAX is so tempermental with the mouthpiece that it's a crapshoot if you'll get a hit or not)

I still think its funny that one of the warnings in the instructions state, word for word...

"Do not use the device when charging, though it can be used when charging."

llamaman001

some comedy gold is to be had using the google translator on foreign sites, especially the Chinese. It can turn the most serious of topics into the most hilarious. Even had a few classic quotes from manuals such as the flowermate.

I think Im going to bite the bullet on the flowermate, for 70 bucks BIN you cant really beat that.....so has it been determined that the vapor path is relatively safe?

llamaman001,
Top Bottom